Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Want You Gone

Post by Lawrence on Sun May 01, 2011 4:21 am

Time: 12:30 PM
    Date: 4/16/2011

Blue optics looked around wildly, and there was the sound of a struggle. "W-what is the meaning of this? SIR, instruct these blasted Hornets to put me down!"

"I apologize, but I am under orders from His Evilness that you are to be sent back to Portal City along with Miss Pistonne and Proxy. Please do not resist; I am aware of the position of your external shutdown switch, but I would prefer to not be required to use it."

"W-why is he sending me away?"

"His Evilness requires that all personnel are removed from the facility while it undergoes repairs; he is doing this with your well-being in mind, Lawrence. Again, please do not resist; you would rather help me fulfill my orders with dignity, would you not?"

"I--" An agonizing pause, then the butler looked at the ground, his voice growing listless. "I will comply, SIR, but only because I have no other choice."

Lawrence sighed in misery as he replayed the memory yet again, riding in the front passenger seat of the transport and watching the Breach go by. One of the Hornets that had brought him aboard was driving. The butler hadn't said anything since being unceremoniously forced into the utterly nondescript armored vehicle, not even turning around to chat with his fellow passengers. It was painfully obvious he was in a bad way, with the one thought on his mind other than his memories being 'Have I done something wrong?'

Last edited by Lawrence on Tue May 03, 2011 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Re: Want You Gone

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Sun May 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Proxy bounced around in the back seat of the vehicle, jostled occasionally whenever they crossed over speed dumps or crevices in the road. He had wanted to leave first thing in the morning, but Jo had still been sleeping, and he knew that she would be needing as many hours as possible to rest after the ordeal she had gone through.

He wriggled the fingers of his left hand, opening and closing the digits. He wasn't entirely satisfied with the repairs he had undergone, much preferring Jo's repairs, but they would do for the time being. He laid his head back against the trembling wall, the Hornet driving like it had blown a fuse.

But Proxy's optic focused upon Lawrence, his feelings mixed for the butler. He wanted to rub it in once they arrived that if Zurg had really needed Lawrence he would have kept him there. But he knew that Jo would disapprove, so he remained silent, simply satisfied that they were getting as far away from him as they could. As far as Proxy was concerned, Jo needed to stay away from such a dangerous man.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun May 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Jo was sitting beside Proxy in the back seat, knees brought up to her chest and chin resting upon them, eyes closed. Since Lawrence hadn't initiated conversation, Jo hadn't spoken either, choosing instead to follow the butler's example of silence. What good would it do to goad him into smalltalk when he wasn't feeling like it? Instead, she chose to immerse herself in her own thoughts like the others. No, she wasn't thinking about Zurg -- not too often, at least -- she was thinking more about the dream she had seen, remembering the feel, the taste, the smell of Tradeworld -- home. But she could only think about home for so long before reminding herself that she couldn't return. Tradewolrd had been lost along with the rest of their galaxy. And living in the past would only make you more reluctant to face the future. That was something Zurg needed to figure out for himself. Poor guy.

Silence was what Jo had decided on a couple of hours ago when they started on this drive. But now, the silence was unnerving her, like it had last night while she'd tried to fall asleep. She couldn't even occupy herself with the PDA she'd been given. No matter what buttons she pressed, it wouldn't turn on. She had no idea why SIR had given her the PDA, though her curiosity burned to know. It had always been one of her flaws. And the drive itself was by no means silent; the bumps they encountered, jostling them sometimes, and the ways the engine purred and the wheels skid were enough to soothe her mechanic sensibilities. But now she had grown restless. If they were silent and not talking now, would they be silent for the remainder of their stay together? That wouldn't do! It would be just begging for a dose of Awkward with a capital A and no burritos on the side!

"Cheer up, Lawrence," she finally said, leaning back and crossing her arms behind her head. "We'll be at the shop soon enough, and this is just temporary until things settle down. I'm sure you'll like staying with us! It'll be like that huge, massive sleepover we had a week ago, only with more space!" And if that didn't get him to speak up, she had her trump card up her sleeve. Her very dirty sleeve. Cosmos, did she need a shower! She probably stank more than a Raenok's hide. And that was saying something!
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

The transport had actually reached the city now, and was making a beeline for the business district. It would still be a short while before they reached the Chop Shop, though. At Jo's attempt to prod him into talking, Lawrence sighed again. If it was Proxy that said something, he probably would've snapped at him, but he would never do that to Jo.

Still, that didn't make responding any less difficult, and even if the butler wouldn't snap at her, this would not be a happy reply. Lawrence turned his seat slightly so he could see the others out of the corner of his optics. He sounded a bit pained, and there was a faint note of anger in his voice as well. "Cheer up, Jo? Perhaps I could, if things really were as simple as that. His Evilness could have allowed me to stay, if the problems at the Factory only involved repairs. I was sent away for a reason, and not for the excuse he told SIR to give us..."

Lawrence was going to turn back around again, but leaving it at that just felt wrong. "I will try my best to make the most of the situation, but please don't expect any miracles, at least not for the next few days."
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Sun May 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Proxy couldn't resist saying something now in light of Lawrence's sentiments. He wanted to rub it into Lawrence's face that he had been right, that the Evil Emperor would throw him away once he had lived out his usefulness, just as Proxy had predicted. But Proxy was not blinded so much by his anger and loathing for the man that he could not see that there was an ulterior motive to his methods. He sent Lawrence away with them for a reason. He had sent then all away for a reason.

So all Proxy did was whirr and mutter, sparking occasionally. It made him feel better.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun May 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Jo cast a look at Proxy, but since he wasn't actually saying anything, she let him be. She looked back at Lawrence and smiled warmly at him. "I think Big Z needs some time alone. You know, some space. When he's ready, you'll be able to go back..." She didn't know when that would be, but poor Lawrence. She didn't want him to feel bummed out or extra baggage during his stay!

"Hey, Lawrence, do you drink oil?" She reached out and squeezed his shoulder. "I've got some premium grade rustolia I've been saving for a special occasion~! Whaddya say? Want some when we get there?" She still wasn't exactly sure if he drank oil or not, but she knew a lot of robots who did. Besides Proxy. He was... a special kind of robot. She'd built him not to need oil and he didn't like it, so two moozles with one stone.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun May 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Lawrence looked a bit skeptical for a moment, but finally nodded in agreement. "Yes, you're probably right. At least, I hope you are." He still wondered if he had done anything wrong, but Jo's reasoning seemed sound enough. He tried to keep that in mind, rather than his doubts, but that was rather difficult.

At the mention of the oil, Lawrence tried not to make a face. Oil was for lubricating one's joints, and maybe an occasional bath if you were feeling indulgent, but drinking? He wasn't exactly disgusted but the idea just struck him as weird. He felt a little bad to have to break it to Jo, as she sounded so enthusiastic about it. "My apologies, Jo, I do not. If it's any consolation, I've discovered I can drink energon, though. Just don't ask me how I discovered that, I ended up going a bit overboard with it at the time. My systems don't seem to record memories very well when rather overloaded..."

Last edited by Lawrence on Mon May 02, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Sun May 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Proxy would beg to differ, but he wouldn't talk as long as Jo was here. So he merely settled back and watched the buildings pass by in silence, not paying much attention to the talk of oil or energon. But he couldn't resist quipping at least once in light of the conversation.

"Apparently, Cybertronian drinks do not agree with lesser robots." He didn't drink one or the either, so he was perfectly alright in that aspect.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon May 02, 2011 12:04 am

"Hey, you know I'm right!" She nudged him, smiling. Or maybe she was just trying to convince herself too. Whichever the reason, she didn't want to linger on the subject or think about it for too long. The sooner this was over, the better.

"Aw, craters. I was hoping you would. I know robots back where I'm from loved it, but I've got gallons of the stuff and no one really likes it around here. I'm trying to get rid of it..." She smiled sheepishly at admitting that. "But I do have a small store of energon." She winked. "Just don't ask how I got it. Trade secret~"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon May 02, 2011 9:20 am

Lawrence blinked a bit. Did Proxy just attempt to insult him? While it was impressive that he managed to slip that right under Jo's nose, the butler didn't dignify such an otherwise amateurish jab with a response. Well, maybe he rolled his optics, but other than that, he ignored it.

As for Jo, maybe he couldn't help her get rid of the oil by drinking it, but he did have another idea. "Well, perhaps you can use a bit of that oil on my joints once we reach your shop. SIR and the Hornets did their best in trying to repair me, but I still feel rather stiff in places."

It was about there when Lawrence noticed the transport slowing down. He looked out the window and saw they were finally approaching the Chop Shop. "Oh, we've reached the shop already?"
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Mon May 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Proxy had his fun. Lawrence not answering back was more enjoyable than if he's tried to banter with him. But the butler-bot was right; they had finally arrived at the shop. Another day, another life. But some things kept going even when everything around you was falling into ruin, and one of those things was work. Still, as Proxy jumped down from the vehicle, helping Jo down, the shop was already open. It paid to have another employee sometimes.

"Perhaps you should go home and rest, Creator-Josephine," Proxy suggested. He didn't need to do a quick scan to know that Jo was still tired. "You have not slept enough and operating heavy machinery requires concentration."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon May 02, 2011 9:55 pm

It hadn't passed Jo's radar. She'd just chosen to ignore it like Lawrence had, knowing that Proxy the sourpuss wasn't going to sweeten anytime soon!

She grinned at Lawrence. "Sure, they can repair you, but they lack a... mechanic's touch." She wiggled her fingers as she said this, then laughed. "Don't worry, I'll give you both a check-up to make sure everything's running smoothly. Drinking binge or no, that oil's going to be put to use!"

She looked up as the vehicle stopped. "Huh. So we are. That was faster than I expected. She took Proxy's hand and climbed down the vehicle, tossing her soiled pajamas into the trashcan before entering. She would have never been able to get the bloodstains out of it, not to mention the huge tears.

"If I sleep more now, Proxy, I won't be able to sleep at night! Nah, I'll stay up for as long as I can now so I can sleep at a decent hour tonight." What she didn't want to mention was even though she felt tired she couldn't possibly sleep. Although being in the city now was making her feel more at ease -- she was a city girl at heart -- she preferred to tackle a machine or two instead of resting her fears and worries away.

She pushed the door open. "Zeb! It's me and Proxy and a friend! Have we got a story to tell you!"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon May 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Lawrence followed Jo and Proxy out of the transport, and into the Chop Shop. Much like Proxy, he didn't have to scan Jo at all to know she was tired, but he also knew that resting any more at the moment probably wouldn't help her. She was a lot like the butler that way, keeping busy often helped him more than just thinking about things too.

The Chop Shop looked the same as always, so that was a relief. Regardless of what may have happened during the night and the chaos in the city that was still going, at least there were still some places where normalcy reigned.

To be honest, the butler felt a bit out of place, though. This was where Jo and Proxy worked, he didn't have a job here. He supposed he could help out if Jo needed it, but thinking too hard about working made him remember where he should have been, if the night's chaos hadn't happened. Lawrence suppressed a sigh and kept following Jo, not entirely sure if he was in the mood for any storytelling.
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Mon May 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Proxy gave the shop a quick once-over. Everything seemed to be in order, except for one thing. Proxy couldn't detect any lifeforms. "I do not think he is here, Creator-Josephine. He might have stepped out for a moment for a lunch break."

But that didn't answer the question of how the door hadn't been locked. That was strange, but the robot figured that he might be worrying too much. And then again, his scanners could only scan over a certain distance. Certainly not a large distance, so if Zeb were indeed around, he might just not be within range.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon May 02, 2011 10:37 pm

"Speaking of lunch breaks..." Jo was famished! She didn't realize how hungry she was until she heard the word lunch, and her stomach growled loudly in anticipation. Cosmos, what she wouldn't give for a burrito drizzling in sauces...

She patted her stomach sheepishly and chuckled. "Proxy, d'you mind going to fetch me something to eat while I get Lawrence settled in?"

"Not at all. The usual?" he asked.

"I do love my burritos! Double-meat, double-cheese, please!"

With a nod, Proxy soon departed, the front door causing the bell to ring briefly. Jo turned back to Lawrence with a smile, folding her hands behind her back. "Now that we're alone... do you want to talk about it?"

Jo would have to be blind to not sense the antagonism between Proxy and Lawrence, and she hoped now that Proxy would be involved with getting her lunch that Lawrence would be less withdrawn. Poor guy, he was probably beating himself over the head at being sent back with them. It wasn't his fault. Jo hoped she could help Lawrence understand that if he wanted to talk. And if not, that was perfectly understandable too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm