Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

A checkup before leaving?

Post by Lawrence on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:03 am

Time: 12:00 PM
    Date: 3/26/2011

Lawrence came out of sleep mode several hours after Zurg left, still feeling a bit out of sorts but a lot better than he had earlier in the morning. He had a few nightmares while asleep, though only one had been terrible enough to wake him back up. Something about that blasted NOS-4-A2 actually managing to control him, but thankfully most of it was rather fuzzy at the moment. He sat up on the workbench and stretched a bit, idly wondering where Jo might be.

When he couldn't detect anyone in the lower part of the shop, the butler decided to head upstairs to see if anyone else was there. "Jo? Have you returned yet?"
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Re: A checkup before leaving?

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:19 am

Being noon, Proxy had sent Zeb off to have his lunch break while he tidied up some things in the back room of the shop. He was feeling much better than he had earlier that morning, and he was currently deeply engaged with the task at hand. If Lawrence, upon entering the room, had an eye for detail, he would notice that Proxy was removing a few bits and pieces from what used to be something yellow-colored.

Proxy looked up and nodded in respect. "Ah, Lawrence-Butler. Good t see you up and running. I trust that Creator-Josephine's repairs are all in order?"
    Lawrence

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:11 am

Lawrence blinked a bit in confusion when it seemed only Proxy was still in the shop, but otherwise just went with it. "Thank you, Proxy. Jo's repairs seem to be fine as always, though I feel a bit off for some reason. It's probably due to how much I've had replaced, either that or those blasted nightmares . . ."

The butler started to think on those nightmares again, but kind of shook his head as if to clear it before looking to the other robot again. "I know I likely don't need it, but perhaps running a few more tests on my systems will help me feel a bit less out of sorts. I take it Jo is still catching up on her sleep, so I suppose I could let you run them."

It was about there where Lawrence really took notice of what Proxy was cleaning up, and his optics narrowed slightly. "Those were the Hornets that were left here to guard me, weren't they?"
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:36 pm

(( Wow, I missed a lot! Sorry for being away. I had family troubles. ))

Proxy listened in interest, his curiosity piqued. It was rare that he was given the occasion to speak with a robot that was smarter than the regular automaton, and probably even more experienced in matters than him seeing as they had been online for far longer. Proxy was curious to learn more about Lawrence and his nearly-organic like mannerisms.... but first he had to see to Lawrence's needs.

"Yes, Creator-Josephine is resting. She will not be in at all today." As long as he could help it. If he saw Jo appear on the shop's front steps he would march her back home and put her to bed himself.

He glanced over at Lawrence, single optic running a quick scan on the butler. Everything appeared to be in working order from an initial glance. "You appear to have full mobility, but if you would like we could run some tests. Do you have any particular tests in mind that you would like us to go through?"

Proxy didn't seem phased that Lawrence had recognized the robotic parts. "Ah, yes." He deposited a couple of processors into a box. "They were not working correctly. They were more trouble than they were worth. Rogue robots are like that sometimes. I took care of them. My condolences to Zurg-Emperor." He wasn't sorry at all, but there was no need to let Lawrence in on that. Things between him and Zurg were just.... complicated.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:30 am

If Lawrence had any eyebrows, he would have arched one at this point. Those Hornets hadn't seemed very 'rogue' six hours ago. "Right... I may not have been in the best of mental states at the time, but they seemed perfectly functional to me when I first awakened."

He had a feeling he probably wouldn't get the truth out of the other robot, so he brushed it aside for the moment. "But nevermind about that. Perhaps a few mobility tests are in order; I feel somewhat... off-balance, if that's the proper word. I'm sure I only need to get used to these new limbs, but I'd like to make sure of that."
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:00 pm

(( Sorry for not posting again yesterday! I was really tired.... ))

Proxy didn't disagree with that. "Indeed they were," he reasoned. "However, when they primed their barrels on me, I had but two choices before me. Turn them into scrap metal or be turned into scrap metal. I trust you will understand why I chose the former." He deposited the last of the spare parts into the box before putting it away, discarding the rest of the yellow shards in a large dustbin.

Mobility tests? Ah, yes. Proxy remembered Jo using a series of mobility tests for him when she had repaired him after Carrie's tournament. That had been several months ago at Stark Corps, however. Proxy might have to improvise instead, but he did recall Jo having a series of relative material on the basement floor.

"Very well," Proxy said. "If you would just follow me back downstairs, I believe I can help." He waited for Lawrence to follow before starting for downstairs, turning on the lights as he descended. "Have you been in Zurg-Emperor's employment for long?" The question sounded random and innocent-enough--or not--but Proxy's motives were not nefarious.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Lawrence only nodded at Proxy's explanation, kill or be killed was good enough for him. Though he did have to wonder why Zurg would have allowed (or possibly ordered) the Hornets to attack Proxy, if the other robot was Jo's creation. There had to be some very interesting history between Proxy and the Emperor, and if the butler was patient, he could learn a bit of it this day.

Lawrence moved to follow Proxy downstairs, briefly analyzing the other robot's question. It seemed innocent enough, so there really wasn't much risk in answering. "I was hired by His Evilness at the end of the raid on Miss Akyla's lab, so no, it hasn't been long." Wondering what the taller robot's reaction might be, he added something else after a pause. "Out of everyone he sent after that blasted cat woman, I was the only one the Evil Emperor didn't betray."
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:32 am

Zurg had never outright admitted to raiding Carrie's lab, but it hadn't been hard to piece together with the given information. Jo had constructed the flea, Carrie had relocated.. word traveled fast sometimes. And with over seven million platforms, deductions on simple numbers and logic were laughably easily to determine.

And betrayal... that was interesting. Proxy had to admit that he hadn't heard much about that. However, he decided that a friendly warning would be fair to a fellow robot. "And what makes you think that Zurg-Emperor will not betray you someday?"

That's right, Proxy knew right where to hit.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:29 am

Proxy's question had indeed struck a 'nerve', though Lawrence managed not to let it show. At least, not much. There was a slight pause in his steps as he followed the other robot, but he quickly resumed his pace. "I am quite aware that His Evilness is capable of that. However, so long as I am diligent and remain useful to him, I should be reasonably safe."

The two of them arrived in the Chop Shop's lower floor again, and Lawrence glanced around briefly, trying to figure out where Jo might have the various testing devices stored away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:09 am