Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Defeat is Not in Their Programming

Post by Lawrence on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:24 pm

Lawrence uncrossed his arms and let Zurg speak, not daring to interrupt. Again, this was part of the unspoken rules between overlord and minion, and as the Emperor still had his respect he refused to break them. Maybe push them a little bit, but break them? Never.

Zurg invading the butler's personal space earned a surprised blink and a slight cringe, though he didn't totally break eye contact. Lawrence saw it for what it was, an attempt to reassert control, and he gave in to it easily. Given all the other things that had spiraled out of the Emperor's control this day, his minion knew Zurg would need something to submit to him in order to feel more at ease.

The Emperor pulled away as quickly as he approached, and Lawrence relaxed only slightly. Zurg was building up to something, and the only thing he could do was prepare himself for it.

The apology, when it finally came, was a shock, and even the ever stoic butler couldn't keep his reaction under control. Yes, it was what he really wanted, but the last thing he expected to get and Lawrence's optics went wide for a few seconds. It was simply incredible, he'd never managed to get an apology out of anyone else he ever worked for, not even Nefarious. He managed to settle himself back into his neutral expression but inwardly his 'heart' was soaring. If Zurg cared enough to apologize, then that secured the butler's loyalty even more than it already was! It was an effort to keep from smiling but he kept it to himself all the same, as that would sour the Emperor's mood if he saw it.

The next thing Zurg said put a damper on things for Lawrence, though. Relieved of his duty to track down the energy sucker? He opened his mouth to protest, but then thought better of it. No, he would not question orders, not right now. Not even because of the agreement he'd made to get NOS to spare his life.

The Emperor's last words were also a shock, and a terrible one. His son? He thought of NOS-4-A2 as his son? Lawrence's control broke a bit, and he focused on a point on the floor, unable to meet Zurg's gaze. When he finally managed to respond, the butler's words were quiet, completely lacking the edge they had earlier.

"Apology accepted, my Evil Emperor." A pause, but not one designed to twist the knife, this one was only so Lawrence could gather his thoughts. He sounded pained when he spoke again, his optics sliding closed. "As for NOS-4-A2 . . . words cannot describe how sorry I am for failing you in this matter."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:39 am

"Don't be." In times where the spirit and mind would be tested in a crucible the Evil Emperor was a seasoned veteran, a regular war hero, capable of handling the most dire and gritty situations. It was literally a duty that came with the job, Evil Emperor or even emperor, and it was a responsibility Zurg could not shy away from. If someone needed to be put down on his reign, then, well... They would have to be put down. He had done it before and he could do it again. His people, his friends, those closest to him, and even his son; robot or otherwise. It was all just a part of the job. All it was. It was easier to think of it that way.

"I will start my pursuit of the energy vampire immediately, provided I have finished up here with both Jo and yourself. Lawrence." The Evil Emperor turned to face the butler fully this time, no longer fidgeting or appearing perplexed. He now appeared determined and resolute, a job that needed to be done yet completed. "If you have anything to say I advise that you say it now. You may not have another opportunity to do so at a later time and date."

Meaning: You better speak your mind and grievances while I am currently in this forgiving and understanding state of mind.

Who knew when Zurg would become irate and incorrigible again?

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:56 am

Anything to say? Lawrence thought for a short while, but really couldn't think of anything else he had a problem with. Looking at Zurg, it suddenly occurred to him how dashing the Emperor looked when he was all determined like this, and quickly took an image capture with his optics to preserve the moment, saving it to a certain heavily encrypted file.

The butler blinked, hard. Wait a minute, that file! NOS-4-A2 would assuredly make mention of it to Zurg when the two fought, and use that either to shock the Emperor at an appropriate moment, or just mention it out of spite to make things more tense between Lawrence and his master. This was going to be embarrassing, and possibly painful, but in the long run it was better to admit it now than have to deal with it later.

Lawrence tried to keep his optics locked with Zurg's red ones, but was a bit too embarrassed and totally failed. He was looking at the Emperor, but just couldn't meet his eyes. "Sir, when you face NOS-4-A2, he will likely mention a file he came across in my systems." He fidgeted, not seeming to know what to do with his hands. "Said file, well, it's about you . . . it's nothing harmful; just some pictures of you, and perhaps a few of my observations, but nothing that could be used as a weapon."

The butler paused, perhaps gulping a bit. This was the part that could end up painful, but it had to be said. He started to tremble slightly out of nervousness. "As for why I have the file, well . . . p-perhaps I care about you more than a minion probably should."

There, he'd said it. Now Lawrence braced himself for what Zurg might do about it...
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:56 am

...What was this? Zurg could barely resist the urge to betray his emotions and thoughts by quirking a brow. Pictures? Of... him? Didn't Lawrence know it was illegal to capture images of people who didn't cons -- what was he talking about; they were villains. They broke the law all the time. And observations? It was sounding like Lawrence had a bit of a guilty pleasure file in that head of his. Oooh, Lawrence~! This sort of bad boy, forbidden romance thing was somewhat tickling to the Evil Emperor! A minion and his overlord, how quaint~! Guess it would knock Lawrence's metaphorical socks off if the Evil Emperor told him that the issue of gender and status wouldn't be a big concern in the throes of love and romance. If he were seeking, of course. We all know how taken and faithful Zurg was.

"So you mean to tell me that you are, ah, infatuated with me... How flattering~!" Zurg was such a player and he didn't even try. That smile of his was also much too large for this RPer's own liking and the Evil Emperor gave a sultry chuckle. Oh, this was just delicious. Should he divulge the time he almost fell in love with another of the same-sex himself? ....Nah. Disney would never approve of his younger years, would they? Ah, well. Copyright was a bitch, alas. But make no mistake: Zurg was fancied about this sudden, unexpected turn of events and it delighted him somehow. "I had seen the signs, yes. How you would swoon or be taken with my majestic aura." Yes, he could afford a little ego-boosting. His minion just professed to finding him interesting! Great success.

Still chuckling, Zurg suddenly wrapped an arm around the butler and brought him close, elbowing Lawrence with a very mischievous gleam in his eyes. "Don't be coy, Lawrence~! Now that you've admitted openly, I would rather like to know what you find so... interesting. And if it's pictures you want, well!" Not to be unprofessional but being the large ham that he was, Zurg couldn't resist showing off a thing or two. Mostly charismatic charm and physique. He did love his body, after all. It was his temple.

If Lawrence thought the Evil Emperor was one of those fuddy-duddies who found workplace romance abhorrent or gender issues troublesome then he had yet to met a flamboyant, eccentric individual as Zurg! Note: that didn't mean he actually endorsed grubs dating each other, or even brain pods for that matter. Don't get any ideas. This only tickled him because it pertained to himself! And as we also all know tyrants can be dreadfully selfish when they wanted to be.

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:09 am

Lawrence was bracing himself to be shot at, at the very least, but was pleasantly surprised when his Emperor didn't seem to mind at all. In fact, Zurg almost seemed pleased? There was a split second thought that he might have a chance, only for the butler to savagely suppress it. No, Zurg was very much taken and very happy with Jo . . . he cared too much for them both to cause any trouble in that regard. He could be perfectly happy being the commander of Zurg's forces on Portal Breach. In fact, Zurg was probably just preening, all good villains do that--

Wait, was Zurg getting closer? And did he just--?

A surprised little gasp escaped from Lawrence's vocalizer as Zurg wrapped one arm around him, and his optics went wide with shock. His master, the Evil Emperor Zurg, was touching him~! It took a concentrated effort not to crash on the spot, and the butler ended up leaning into Zurg's hold just to keep himself steady on the workbench. He was vaguely aware of his cooling systems kicking into overdrive... well, that was one way of seeing if they worked or not.

Oh, wait, Zurg had asked him something, hadn't he? It was rather hard for Lawrence to focus on anything given how much his systems just overloaded, but for his Emperor, he would try to answer. "Ah, well, it was your mind that attracted me; your evil schemes, your intelligence, your ruthlessness. So much better than anyone else I've ever worked for. What you did at the end of the raid... oh my. The fact that you are very pleasing to look at is just an added bonus~ . . ."

Somehow, the butler managed to get some semblance of control over himself, though he likely wouldn't move unless Zurg let him go. He took a few 'breaths' to assist in cooling his processors before he spoke again. "I--I've probably said too much, I know I have. My place is as your servant, not as anything my 'heart' may foolishly desire."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Ooh~! What was this whirring sensation coming from Lawrence's body? And why the sudden heat? Oh, Lawrence~! You tease. Like the predator he was the Evil Emperor gave a light chuckle and squeezed. This made Lawrence even closer to the Evil Emperor's body, which was warm in its own right, and no doubt Lawrence would crash sooner or later. "My, Lawrence..." He began gently. "You're quite good at this, aren't you. You know just where to make an evil overlord feel all giddy inside~!" When a minion stroked an ego's like the Evil Emperor's of course the man would feel placed upon a pedestal and ready to take on the world. Brilliant, ruthless, powerful; oh, yes. Zurg's mood was feeling much better. Much.

Normally the Evil Emperor would be so bold as to ask Lawrence to continue, but the hour was late and Jo needed some rest. It was the least she deserved, after all, from putting up with their crazy hijinks. "Ahahaha... Ahh." The man sighed contently, easing his hold on the butler. "In another time and place, Lawrence, maybe we could have been closer, but!" Zurg then released Lawrence fully and straightened, cleaning himself from anything that may have clung to his person. "You know how it goes. Not in the cards and all that deep space bass. Still..." His grin was positively broad and Zurg's red eyes denoted amusement. "I trust that you know how to handle the file and that you will make good use of it within that suave processor of yours." At this he softly pressed a tip of a talon upon Lawrence's head for emphasis and removed it shortly afterwards. Lawrence was more than capable in realizing the reality of the situation, and so long as Lawrence knew the difference between fantasy and real life, the Evil Emperor had no qualms. Consider it... a perk for being such a great minion, perhaps.

How the Hell did this thread turn out this way.

"So long as you know your place, I won't ask you to delete or alter yourself. I trust your judgment on this; you've been extremely capable so far." Now that this had been settled and it wasn't so hard as the Evil Emperor had thought, the tyrant took his cape unto his person and resumed scowling. It was back to business as usual in the realm of evil. "However charming this conversation may be, I must take my leave. There are things to be finished, and a certain energy vampire requires my full attention. If you wish to stay the night here then I will not object. Just remember that I expect you bright and early back at the factory to finish this month's quota. Good night, Lawrence."

And back up the stairs (if they were there, since he has forgotten the layout of this place!) and through the door he went, the Evil Emperor ready to tie up his affairs on Jo's end.

Here's to hoping she was just as enamoured at the moment as Lawrence was! Zurg didn't want a wrench to the face; it was already flat enough!

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Lawrence's RPer was also wondering how the hell this thread had turned out this way, but as for the butler himself, he let loose a pleased little sigh when Zurg held him tighter. His systems were starting to overheat a bit, but he would be fine for the moment.

And just as quickly as it started, this odd bit of wish fulfillment came to an end, Zurg releasing his minion and stepping away. Lawrence allowed himself a few seconds of disappointment before placing those feelings aside, far in the back of his mind where they belonged. Things were back to normal again; well, as close as this place ever got to normal, anyway.

Lawrence nodded at Zurg's mention of 'knowing his place', if there was one thing the butler was pointedly aware of, it was that. As for spending the night, well... "Spending the night, Your Evilness? According to my Quantum Actuator, it's already morning. I should probably stay here for at least a few hours, though. Jo will probably want to test my systems after she's gotten some sleep, and I could stand to get some sleep mode myself. Shutdown is more of a pause rather than anything conducive to actual rest. I will return to Factory Zeta afterward, you have my word."

As Zurg began heading upstairs, the butler spoke again. "Farewell, Your Evilness."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:22 am

Meanwhile, Jo had found herself a somewhat comfortable position on the front counter of the shop. She was sitting in the chair, her upper body slumped over papers and tools, head eased upon her crossed arms. She was so tired, she'd practically fallen asleep right there and then.

Proxy was a few feet away, simply putting a few things in order until Zurg arrived. Though one could not tell by his expression, the robot was less than happy with something and out things away less orderly than he usually would.

In either case, both would jump when Zurg entered the room. Proxy kept going about his work with a small, angry-sounding whir. Jo sat up, rubbing her eyes. "Big Z?" she croaked. "Had your talk with.... Lawrence?" Oh, that was a big yawn. She was definitely ready for several hours worth of sleep. "How'd it go?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:47 am

By the time he had come up the Evil Emperor was hesitant to make his usual dramatic entrance. He immediately noticed Jo nodding off on the counter and he did his best to tiptoe, actually doing a fairly good job at being quiet. He was not stealthy enough, however, for Proxy did his normal mad stunt and Jo? Jo was looking beat. Poor Jo... He should really get her something for putting up with all his recent shenanigans.

"Yes, we did. Lawrence is going to stay a little and enter sleep mode." And that was when the butler's words echoed within the Evil Emperor's mind. It was morning, wasn't it!? He had kept Jo up all night! And not in the steamy, hot way, either. Oho, you pervs with your bleeding noses. GO REPORT YOURSELVES AS SEX OFFENDERS. Glancing back at the mechanic Zurg approached, softly this time, and rubbed her upper back. "You should get some rest, Jo. I think the world can hold itself for eight hours while you do so."

Poor Jo, she really looked beat!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:54 am

"Okay." Jo flopped back upon the counter, closing her eyes at his caress. That felt good, that felt really good. Now if only he could scratch a little lower where she had this annoying itch she couldn't reach.

She made a sound, cracked an eye open, and yawned. "But I've got work in an hour..." she mumbled. And besides, the counter was comfy. Her bed would be better, but she was so tired she couldn't even make herself get up right now.

"I will have to agree with Zurg-Emperor on this," Proxy cut in. "You must get some rest to regain your strength."

"Yeah, yeah..." Her eye quickly rolled shut again as her head plopped back onto her arms. She could barely concentrate!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:24 am

Look at Proxy, actually stomaching his robotic hatred. HAH. But the Evil Emperor didn't slide in a retort or two, choosing to instead focus on Jo for the time being. He would get the robot back later. Maybe switch all the AC outlets to DC and see how Proxy liked getting a zap. "Work? Work can wait!" And sure enough, before Jo could squawk or even fart, the Evil Emperor went behind that measly counter and swooped Jo up like a typical Disney Princess. And he, the Disney villain. Don't you know that's how things go? What? No? Princes do that? Pfft, what lame childhood movies you watched! And if Jo so much wanted to object and stay for work, well, he had something important to tell her.

"I refuse to take no for an answer!" What a guy. Zurg made sure Jo was secure before he went about and then he was off, heading for the shop's door with an antagonizing face towards Proxy. "Good night, my little cherub~!" Oh, you could just hear the venom in his voice. "Don't let the shop burn and mind the Hornets! They're dreadfully trigger-happy these days."

And just Proxy's luck! One of the Hornets morphed their claws into ion barrels with a whine. Guess Proxy wasn't going to get much sleep, either. Aha~!

[INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:12 am

Jo didn't even bat an eyelash when Zurg lifted her up bridal style. She just snuggled closer to him, enjoying his warmth. She was so comfortable she had half a mind to just let herself go and fall asleep right then and there.

Proxy watched him leave with Jo in his arms, the light in his optic narrowing slightly at him calling him a cherub. What nonsense. "Good night, Zurg-Emperor. Take care of Creator-Josephine for me." What was left unsaid was what Proxy would do if Jo was not found safe and unharmed when he returned.

But when Zurg and Jo had left, he turned towards the Hornets , an idea forming in his robotic brains. He could always vent on them. He didn't think Zurg would notice a Hornet or two missing. And they were aiming at him. The perfect excuse!

What a bittersweet end to this meeting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:56 pm