Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Is there a mechanic in the house?

Post by Lawrence on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:28 pm

(This thread is where all the damage is from...)

Lawrence did not remember how the blazes he'd managed to make it to Jo's shop from the Stadium, though to be honest he didn't think he wanted to remember. Most of the trip was a blur due to how many of his systems were close to failing, but he did remember getting a few odd looks. With every step he took, either coolant or servo fluid dripped from his frame from one of the many gashes or bites he'd suffered, leaving a trail that probably lead the whole way back to the arena.

It took some effort to get the door open, and afterward the butler limped towards the counter. After about two steps his legs just couldn't hold him up anymore, and he dropped to his rear on the floor. His left optic was starting to act up again as his Nanotech couldn't do much about Iblis's acid, enough static forming in the visual feed that he was having trouble seeing. His right optic was all but destroyed, and more or less useless.

He tried to blink the static away, glancing around for Jo or anyone else who might be in the room. His vocalizer was still kind of working and so he called out, his voice also plagued by some static. "J-Jo? Anyone? Please, help . . ."
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Re: Is there a mechanic in the house?

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Proxy had been busy repairing something in the front room with another customer. It was a small child's toy, and the man was telling him how he'd stepped on it by mistake and his son had insisted that it be fixed on that very day and how he wouldn't accept another new toy. Proxy nodded in understanding. "Do not worry, it will be in working order soon. As good as ne....w?"

The door opened, and Proxy chanced a look up, seeing Lawrence in disarray stumble inside. when the robot tumbled to the floor, Proxy excused himself from the other man to help the robot up. "Here, lean against this counter," he advised, scanning Lawrence quickly. He was in bad shape.

"Wait right here, I will get Creator-Josephine immediately." After making sure that Lawrence wouldn't fall again, and telling the other customer that he would be again with him shortly, he went to the back room in search of Jo.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:14 am

Jo was busy fiddling with a construct made out of wires. It almost looked like a small tower, but its true nature was still a mystery. She heard Proxy enter and looked up from her work. "Hi, Proxy!" she smiled.

Deciding to not disturb Zeb, she inched over to the robot. He seemed troubled by something even though it didn't show on his face. She could tell, however. She was his creator, his older sister, his mother; call it what you will, but she cared about Proxy and could be very overprotective of him.

"Is something wrong?" She frowned, wiping her hands clean on a rag.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:23 am

Personally he would have rather stayed on the floor, but Lawrence accepted Proxy's help to regain his footing. Bracing himself against the counter as the other robot advised seemed to help, though he wasn't sure how long even that would keep him upright. Before he even had time to call out a thank you, Proxy had left again, to retrieve Jo from wherever she was.

The butler knew he certainly looked a sight, but it must have been worse than he thought, given the faint note of urgency he'd detected in Proxy's voice. Truth be told, Lawrence wasn't even really in much pain anymore, but then he was having a hard time feeling anything at all given how many of his sensors were destroyed. He leaned a bit more of his weight against the counter, blinking somewhat dazedly as he waited for Proxy to return with Jo. With some difficulty he resisted the urge to just drop into sleep mode right there. The butler was utterly exhausted, but if he tried to charge right this second, he might not wake back up again without outside assistance.
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:24 am

"That other robot, Lawrence? He is here to see you, but he is in bad shape. I think he must have been in some sot of fight." In truth, Proxy was shocked. He had not encountered many sentient robots, but to see another fellow AI so terribly busted up reminded him of his own mortality. If only he hadn't started reading up on such topics at the library.

"He is in dire need of repairs." He added.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:28 am

"Lawrence is hurt?!" This got Jo to drop whatever she was doing and run for the front room, Proxy close on her heels. Upon a first glance, Lawrence was indeed worse for wear. She couldn't tell whether any particularly serious damage had been done at such a glance, but he looked terrible.

"Oh, Lawrence! You're a mess! What the galaxy happened to you?" She quickly checked him over. Some circuitry had been shredded as well, and he was probably hanging on to his last reserves as long as he could.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:01 am

Lawrence was impressed by how quickly Jo had appeared, and smiled faintly at her fussing over him. Very few of the mechanics back in his old universe had cared that much, it made him feel kind of warm and fuzzy inside. Or wait, that might just be his painfully low coolant levels . . .

When Jo asked what happened, he couldn't help but smirk. The butler's voice had a good bit of static in it, though you could still hear how proud of himself he sounded. "I challenged Iblis to a duel . . . I did win, if you can believe it. It was a very close thing, though, as my condition can attest to."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:12 am

Jo slapped her forehead upon hearing this. "Augh, Lawrence! Not to diss your programming or anything, but I'd expect a cocky male to say something like that!" She tsk-ed and rolled her eyes. Typical man speech, but that didn't mean that she wasn't proud that he'd beat Iblis! Even Zippy had gotten out of that fight worse for wear.

"I'm glad you won, but just look at the state you're in! Proxy, help me carry him downstairs. He's going to need some extensive repairs." She put an arm around Lawrence and began to lead him to the hallway, excusing herself from the other customer.
    [INACT.] P|20XY
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [INACT.] P|20XY on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:17 am

That reminded Proxy of the way she'd chastised him about his own sparring matches. He liked taking pride in his winnings, however, so he could understand where Lawrence was coming from. He could understand where Jo was coming from too, but he knew how it felt like to defeat an admirable opponent. Now if only he could have beaten Zurg....

"I'll be right with you in a moment," Proxy assured the other man, taking Lawrence by the other side and leading them down the hall and downstairs, to Jo's private workshop. If Lawrence recalled, this was where Jo had scanned him on his previous visit. It was also the place where Jo housed most of her larger machinery. The back room upstairs was for lighter work, and Lawrence needed extensive repairs.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:45 am

Lawrence laughed a bit at Jo's comments, though that ended with a cough and some more static. A faint streak of either coolant or hydraulic fluid could now be seen on one side of his mouth. "It had to be done, Jo; I was tired of being seen as some sort of prey by those two beasts. It may have been painful, but at least now they'll think twice about stalking me."

The butler allowed the human and the other robot to pretty much carry him downstairs. He would have walked under his own power if he could, but he was pretty sure the car demon's acid had managed to eat through one of the internal support struts in his right leg, which was why he collapsed earlier.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:00 am

"They were stalking you?"

It wasn't time for questions, however. Jo and Proxy managed to set Lawrence down carefully as the mechanic grabbed her toolbox and Proxy rolled over a trolley with a large and varied assortment of robotic parts. As soon as everything was situated, Proxy went back upstairs, telling Jo that if she needed anything that she could just call.

"Okay, you'll have to tell me where the worst of the damage is and where you hurt," Jo said, pulling on her gloves. She rummaged around the tray and found a set of goggles, too.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:31 am

Lawrence sighed in relief as Jo and Proxy laid him on the worktable, lying down just felt so much better. He had to fight a bit harder to keep from slipping into sleep mode or just going offline though. His response to Jo was a little slow due to that, he still seemed rather dazed. "I-- I'm having a hard time feeling much of anything, a lot of my sensors have been destroyed. My legs and optics seemed to have gotten the worst of it, and I have a coolant leak somewhere . . . there's a few weak spots on my front and rear plating as well. There's not many places where I'm not damaged . . ."

The butler trailed off a bit. Tallying up his damage to himself was one thing, but speaking it aloud was starting to frighten him. Through the static in his left optic, he could just barely see Jo getting her supplies in order. Lawrence reached for her hand and by some miracle managed to grab it, though he didn't have the strength to hold it very tightly. Feeling the warmth there calmed him slightly, though his voice was still shaky and filled with static. "J-Jo? You'll stay with me the whole time, right?"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:17 am

Jo nodded to what he said, noting all the different areas that had been affected. She had wanted him to list them off to keep him conscious for as long as she could. Though robots were not like humans and Jo barely knew a thing about human anatomy, she knew most everything there was to know about how robots worked, and Lawrence was an exceptional robot.

She considered her options. She had several different types of metal, but she ought to use one that could reinforce him instead of weaken the areas she had to repair. Cost would be of no consequence, since he worked for Zurg. But she would check what she had available as soon as she had switched off his power. Working on extensive repairs while he was still functional would cause him both pain and risk further damage.

Jo was a little surprised when she stood up to feel Lawrence grab her hand. But she smiled down at him and squeezed his hand reassuringly, like she had done with Zurg so many times before to show her wordless support. "Don't worry, Lawrence. I'll be here the whole time. I won't leave your side until you're repaired." And she meant that promise, no matter how long it took her. When Jo set her mind to something, she wouldn't stop until she had finished. "I'll switch your power off now so I can work on you. Just pretend it's like sleep-mode, alright?"
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:27 am

Lawrence smiled back at Jo when she squeezed his hand, both that and her reassuring words having worked like a charm. "Thank you, Jo."

He still didn't like the idea of powering down, but at the moment there really wasn't much choice. His systems would kick him out of sleep mode if they detected more damage, even if that was in the process of repairs. "Powering down is the only viable option, so it's all right. At least I'll be feeling better once I'm switched back on. Go ahead, I'm ready."

The butler waited for Jo to shut him down, at least then the pain he still felt would fade.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:49 am

"You're welcome, Lawrence." She had come to be very fond of the butler robot, and not just because he worked for Zurg. He was very sensible, nice to talk to, and honest. She liked honest people, and the only reason she had been angry with him beforehand was because she had been so worried to see him in such a state. And to hear that he had just challenged Iblis to a fight and let himself get into such a state worried her immensely. What else would Lawrence do if provoked like this again? She decided to give him a firm scolding once she had finished repairing him.

"Alright, just relax." Jo smoothed out his forehead, not that he had anything in the way, but she meant it as a comforting gesture and a way to help him calm down, letting him know that she would be here for him. She shut him down carefully, tying not to make the transition too abrupt, then set off to start.

Snapping her goggles on, she first ran a quick check-up on him to see just how much his sensors had been damaged. There was a general damage all over the body, but most was contained in the legs and optics, just as he had said. She also detected some sensor loss in his right arm, as well. The good thing in this, she supposed, was that since she had already scanned Lawrence on his previous visit, all she had to do was input the commands into her machines to get started on preparing the replacements he would need.

She inputted a few commands into one of the machines to prepare the molds. Afterwards, she browsed through her armor selection, taking some time until she found a proper metal to repair him with. Raritanium was the closest in build and make to his original body, and it could absorb a little over half of an opponent's attacks. Very durable indeed.

Once she was done with that, with her gloves already on, she began to remove his plating.

First, she went for his eyes. Removing the optics, she adjusted the complex circuitry she uncovered, tightening a few cables here and there in order for his optical sensors to be at their best. One of his lens was cracked, too, so she searched the drawers of her trolley for glass optics for a replacement. She found one that was the right size, but wasn't blue. That could be readily remedied with the proper spray-paint, which she applied before replacing the lens and placing his optics back into place.

Next, came the gash in his chest. This was where the coolant was leaking from, so she pried open the plating in his chest, checking the circuitry inside. It all seemed to be intact except for a wad of wires, which explain the sensory loss, and the coolant tube had a small tear in it.

First, she repaired the tear in the tube. She used a special type of tape to do so, even though she would have gone with duct tape in the past. Now, she was making a bit more money to be able to afford better things for her customers. She made sure to replenish his coolant storage unit, as well, then set about repairing the wires. This took more effort, for she had to string together the tiny metallic bits and pieces together, all separately. The task took over an hour to complete in total, but once she had connected all the wires, she leaned back and smiled, proud of her handiwork.

She took the moment to check the machines working on the replacements for Lawrence's legs and plating. Adjusting a few controls, since the molds had now cooled and the metal had been almost entirely melted, she placed the molds into the other machine, waiting for the rest of the metal to become fluid and smooth, then started the next stage up. This machine would place the metal into the molds and would then work on hardening and cooling it off without damaging it.

Gotta love technology.

Now, she went to his hand, prying the dented metal open, working on rewiring and readjusting the circuitry. Once that was over and done with, she decided to go to the source before moving to the damage on his legs. She pinpointed the core of his "nervous" system, then tweaked a few things there to ensure more fluidily and smoother movements and responses.

And now, she went for his legs. One of his legs had been completely mangled. Jo couldn't do much for the limb besides remove it entirely, placing it to once side so she could examine its wiring and replicate it for his new leg. The other was easier to repair. That would only need to be replaced with the metal she was currently preparing with her machines, though she still needed to reconnect the wiring underneath.

Up until this point, she had been working on him for a little over three hours. She cracked her back and her fingers, rolling her shoulders. Maybe Zurg was right and she needed to start working out more. But that was a thought better explored some other time. Now, she needed to finish her repairs on Lawrence.

The other leg, which was beyond repair, had some wiring Jo could reuse. After examining their structure and the way they were connected and wired together, Jo went to one of her worktables, rummaging through her collection of cables and wires. It was that she liked collecting them; a good mechanic had wires of every make, fashion, and kind for emergency repairs such as these. Selecting several that would work, she went about the reconstruction of Lawrence's inner circuitry while the metal pinged, signalling it was cooling off now.

Two hours later had Jo replacing all of Lawrence's shredded metal parts and placing the new wiring into his leg, reattaching the limb to his body. She took a moment to step back and admire what she had done. All in all, Lawrence was back in one piece again! All she needed to do was give him a paintjob, which she did with her spray-paint, making sure that the colors she selected would be as close as possible to the original.

Once that was over and done with, she removed her gloves and goggles, then turned him back on.

"Rise and shine, Lawrence! Today's the day of your revival~!" Corny awakening was corny, but she was eager to see whether her repairs had been any good and whether Lawrence was pleased with the results. She sure was! You couldn't even tell that he had been repaired in the first place!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:18 am