Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Hungry like the Wolf (Tag: Jana)

Post by Ariana Lee on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Ariana walked into the grasslands quietly, a basket under one arm. She and Jana had decided to meet out in the Grasslands to have something to eat and hang out. She patted the basket, looking around the grassy areas for somewhere good to sit, without any ants or bugs to bite either of them.

She had a few cold cans of soda in the basket, as well as two turkey sandwiches, a bag of chips, and a few double A batteries. She knew that Jana's robotic wolf form seemed to feed off of electronics, and she'd seen her snacking on batteries sometimes so she had decided to include a few in the basket.

After finally finding a grassy area that seemed adequate, Ariana sat down, setting the basket down beside her, and laid in the grass for a bit. Any second now, Jana would get here. Ariana smiled a bit. Jana, Tally, and Blurr were three people she seemed to have befriended here, but she especially enjoyed Jana's company. The young girl was chaotic, fun, and didn't seem to care much about what others thought. Even though she tended to pick a few fights in the Sanctuary, the girl could defended herself very well. Ariana closed her eyes and waited for Jana to make her appearance.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Hungry like the Wolf (Tag: Jana)

Post by Skyler on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Sure enough, Jana was on her way over to the picnic spot. She had also brought a small basket, with some hot dogs. She knew that Ariana liked meat since she had once told her so when they were eating in the kitchen. Jana herself loved hot dogs, though Ariana had a deeper reason to liking them so much.

The cyborg had also brought some soda, including Dr. Pepper and Root Beer, not sure what Ariana liked she had brought her two favorite drinks. That was...that was pretty much all she had brought, which made her feel kinda bad at seeing the bigger basket Ariana had brought.

"Hey Ariana, You ready for our picnic~?"
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:01 pm

Ariana grinned and sat up at Jana's voice, giving her a small wave.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Want some chips? They're cheddar and sour cream!" Ariana grinned, fishing for the bag in her basket. She also pulled out a nice, cold can of Pepsi and downed it happily. So filling, so succulent, Pepsi was one of the best sodas ever.

"So, what's up?" Ariana asked, attempting to start a conversation.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Waving back Jana laughed, walking over to her friend.

"Oh! I love that flavor!" the cyborg exclaimed, taking the bag of chips she took out and opening it, putting it in between them after she had sat down next to her. Reaching into her own bag, she took out a root beer. "Hmm~"

"Nothing much, really. I've gotten in some fights with Deadsilver and got a little banged up,,,but nothing I can't handle." she gave a thumbs up to ariana. "Also, I brought hot dogs!"
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Ariana grabbed up a handful of chips and munched happily, listening as Jana spoke. She nodded a bit and grinned as Jana gave her a thumbs up after mentioning that it was 'Nothing she can't handle'. She believed it, sincerely she did, but she still couldn't help but worry a bit. As powerful and strong as the wirewolf was, she might one day anger the wrong people...

She stopped thinking and gave Jana a wide-eyed, excited look when she mentioned having hot dogs. She swallowed her chips and grinned hungrily. "You brought hot dogs?! Oh God, you're awesome!" She laughed, gave Jana a quick hug, and then reached over Jana and into her basket, grabbing out a hot dog and a bun, chomping quickly. Out of all the meats in the world, she found hot dog to be the best. Well, besides deer of course. NOTHING compared to deer.

"MMmm I love these hot dogs~" She laughed, grabbing another.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

"Yeah I totally brought hot dogs!" exclaimed the cyborg, highfiving her friend and taking a hot dog out for herself. "I also do love hot dogs, that's why I brought em~" she snickered as Ariana ate her hot dog without ketchup or anything else. Unlike her, Jana took out ketchup and put it on her hot dog.

"So, Ariana, could you tell me about yourself? And like, where you are from? I am guessing it is just...America like half the humans here." she snickered.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Ariana finished off the rest of her hot dog and sat back, contently. She chugged the rest of her Pepsi, crushing the empty soda can against her forehead without a pause. Aah, this was great, and relaxing too!

Ariana blinked as Jana asked to know more about herself, and she cursed inwardly. It wasn't that she didn't want to answer Jana, but she had to be consistent with what she told people, or they might get suspicious. And at the same time, she felt a little guilty about lying about herself...but it was just easier and safer that way....right?

"Sure! Yeah, I was from America....I was technically born in Maine, but um...over time I eventually moved from there to California, before I got transported here....I didn't really DO much, I worked several odd jobs back in my home, working at different restaurants to get money for food.....I lost my family about 10 years ago..been on my own ever since." Ariana explained, looking down sadly as she mentioned her family. She might have gotten used to the idea of them dying before her...but she still missed them.

She brushed off the feeling quickly though and turned attention back to Jana, hoping she wouldn't ask too many questions. "What about you Jana? You mentioned before that you were from another planet, right?"
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Jana listened to Ariana's explanation of where she was from. Low and behold, she had also lost her family in some way. Poor girl. "Odd jobs? Well at least you had something to do. All I really did was work for a guy named the Fixer. He taught me all I know about electronics."

Sensing Ariana's sadness at the mention of losing her family she pat her on the shoulder. "Sorry that happened to ya. If it means anythin' I had a similar experience, only my mom is still very much alive...and drunk somewhere." she shrugged. "You just gotta look towards the future~"

"And yeah, I am from another planet. It was called Trade World, which by the name you can guess just what kinda place it is. A lot of "business" deals went on their, from drugs to alchohol, ya know, the usual." she snickered a little, remembering all the good times on Trade World.

"However, it was not all that bad. It's where I learned to fight, and how to be more independent, what with my mom leaving to work at the bar all day, leaving be all day to fend for myself." she took another handful of chips and ate them one by one, taking a long drink from her root beer.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:17 am

Ariana snickered a bit. "Yeah, I'd be so incredibly bored if I didn't have those jobs. I just wish I could have gotten a higher paying job...damn Child Labor Laws." It was really hard to get a job that didn't involve waiting tables and flipping burgers when she looked 16. She tilted her head at Jana curiously. "Electronics? Wow..so you can probably build..robots and stuff, huh?" She said, smiling. That was a very interesting skill!

She blinked as Jana confided that her family life had been less than ideal as well, and Ariana returned Jana's pat on the shoulder with one to Jana's shoulder. "I'm sorry about your family life too, that has to suck.." At least Ariana's parents had been loving, Ariana knew from watching on the sidelines in all the states she'd lived in, that the drunkard parents weren't good ones at all....

She smiled brightly though, as she nodded. "Yeah, you're right. Look to the future!" She reached back into her basket and grabbed out a turkey sandwich, and started munching as Jana began to explain about her planet.

To Ariana, it sounded like quite the place for crimes, another thing she was somewhat used to. Not that she ever actively participated in any, but working at small restaurants usually earned her just enough money to buy a house in the Ghetto, which was a front row seat to such dealings. But as Jana said, even though the girl had grown up on a planet like that, she had become more independent and taught her how to fight.

She finished her sandwich, shaking the crumbs off, as she tilted her head at Jana again. "With your mom gone like that, how did you get money to eat? Working with that 'Fixer' guy?"
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Jana smiled happily at Ariana. It was good to know someone else her age who had similar experiences in their life. The pat on the shoulder made her smile broaden. It was nice to have someone return a pat on the shoulder, especially someone whom you had only recently met.

"I am glad you agree with my advice." she chuckled, also reaching in to grab a sandwich, along with another drink. "I've been told that a lot too."

"To get food? Well I kinda...well I had like a gang, and we would work together to steal food together." She wasn't sure how Ariana would feel about her stealing, but whatever. "That and working with the fixer gave me room and board. I had to do deliveries for him."
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Ariana snickered a bit before smiling widely. "Good advice is worth liking." She said simply, before reaching into Jana's basket and grabbing out a frosty can of Root Beer.

She chugged it a bit, feeling thirsty all of a sudden, but still listening to Jana as she spoke. So she was in a gang and had to steal to get food? Poor girl, she shouldn't have had to resort to stealing just to get food...although she could sympathize. Whenever she didn't have money to get food, she'd either steal a sheep from a farm or go hunting in the woods. Not anymore legal than stealing food.

"Do what you have to to survive...I guess that's another good thing about your Planet, gave you skills for how to get food in places where you can't. And that's good, at least that Fixer guy got you a place to stay." She smiled.

"Do you still have to steal to get food here, or is it easier to just get some food for free?" She asked, mainly because she wanted to know if this place was like most cities, where you needed money to get food, or you'd starve. Things didn't usually end well when she began to get hungry...she shoved that thought down though, and waited for a response from Jana, still sipping her Root Beer.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:06 pm

"Yeah, the Fixer was real...nice...well most of the time. Usually he yelled at me for doing small things wrong, but he was still the closest thing to a father I had." she sighed at the memory. The Fixer finding her, taking her in, letting her sleep at the shop. Giving her a job...it made her miss Trade World the more she thought of it. Shaking the thoughts out of her mind, she turned back to her friend.

"Steal food here? Oh of course not. It's not hard to get food here." she leaned back on her hands.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Ariana frowned slightly, and wrapped an arm around Jana's shoulders, giving her a small hug. For a second, she wondered what had happened to Jana's natural father, but it didn't take her too much to guess. Alcoholic mother, crime planet, and a dad that walked out to boot! Hopefully, things were better for the girl here.

"Oh its not? Good." She let out a breath she didn't even realize she was holding...and the guilt came back again. Jana was being very open with her about her life, and here she was, making up lies that were close to the truth, but lies none the less.

"Um Jana....friends are supposed to be truthful with each other right? That's what I was taught, back in school and stuff.....but what if, you have a secret that's..dangerous?" She asked uncertainly. "...This is all hypothetical of course, I was just wondering." She added, hastily.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:55 pm

"Yeah, we totally don't need to go around, stealin' food for a living any more." she snickered at her friend, leaning her head on Ariana's shoulder. Though she had only known the girl for a few weeks, she already felt like she was getting closer with her, as she seemed to be good at doing lately. Making freinds was starting to become naturally to her, this not being an exception.

When the question about having a secret was brought up, she could not help but remember the one dirty deed she had done so long ago. "If you have a secret, that's dangerous?" she thought about it for a while. "Well I would tell my closest freinds, most likely. Someone who I know would not go off telling everyone they met..."
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:23 am

Ariana smiled as Jana leaned her head on her shoulder, snickering as some of Jana's perky, spiky brown hair got in her face. She reached up and ruffled Jana's hair a bit, considering Jana's answer.

Tell someone she was close with...that wouldn't tell others. Close with...she glanced down at Jana, the young girl who she was technically close to in age...who she felt extremely close to, closer than she had in a long time. And she thought over how Jana might feel...learning that she had lied so much. She...most likely, wouldn't be pleased...

And yet, at the same time, she couldn't help but WORRY. What if she told Jana, and Jana stuck around close to her. What if she momentarily lost control, or didn't keep herself fed and she...accidentally killed and ate the young girl. Ariana suppressed a shudder and turned away for a second, trying to make a decision.

Jana was powerful...powerful enough to avoid getting eaten by herself. She could turn into a robotic wolf! And who knew what her robotic limbs could do?

Ariana hadn't made much of a decision in a long time....when she had a choice to explain things to her parents, she ran. And kept running. She never faced any big decisions like this...but she was gonna change that now.

"Jana....." Ariana took a deep breathe and turned so that she couldn't see Jana's face. "...Jana.....I'm sorry. I've been lying to you.....I'm not a human. I'm..." She clenched and unclenched her fists a few times, nervously. She could feel the small of her back getting hotter and hotter, herself getting tenser. "I'm.....a werewolf." She closed her eyes, waiting to hear what Jana would say.

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:13 pm