Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Calming walk in the forest

Post by Ariana Lee on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:48 pm

Ariana walked into the forest of this.....Portal Breach place quickly, and found a log to sit on. She'd always loved forests, she thought they felt very homey. But that wasn't the reason for her coming to this forest. Not completely. She had just been transported to another world, and everyone back home was dead. She needed a few moments to collect her thoughts.

It'd been 10 years since she had seen her family....and she had long ago entertained the idea that they'd die before her. After all, it'd been 10 years and she hadn't aged a bit. She had also dealt with not ever going home again years ago...how could she? They thought she was dead. She couldn't exactly walk home....they might have a heart attack, or think she was a ghost. And she wouldn't even know how to explain everything....

She took a deep breathe and held her head in her palms. That didn't really matter, did it? They were...dead now. Her mom....dad....Gil. They were the only people she was worried about, all those 10 years, she had made sure not to get close to anyone. It just didn't seem like a good idea...but maybe here, she could get some...friends.

She had already gotten acquainted with the telepathic Garden, enough to tell it that she was a werewolf. She put her hand in her pocket and brought out a pill bottle. After she had told the Garden about what happened when she didn't keep herself adequately fed, it had made these pills for her, guaranteed to stimulate a full meal. She took out a pill and popped it in her mouth, feeling full and satisfied almost instantly. She looked around the forest once more, admiring its beauty. One day, she was probably going to shift into a wolf and enjoy just running around this vast and wonderful forest. But for now, she sat down and started getting used to the idea of living in Portal Breach.

Last edited by Ariana Lee on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Re: Calming walk in the forest

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Morgana was on her usual daily hunt for various alchemical regents. Not everything could grow in the lack of light that the thick fog of her woods provided, so this trip took her out of her beloved region and to this sunnier one.

She crouched down by an old tree and examined the mushrooms growing from one of its more decayed roots. They seemed to be the ones she was after. She plucked one, examined it close, and smiled. Yes, these were it. She plucked them all and put them in a small bag.

She stood up, looked around, and saw Ariana. Hm. It was 5 o'clock, what was she doing out now? The woods get dangerous at night. But as Morgana examined her, she sensed it, and slowly smiled.

A lycan~.

Morgana calmly approached Ariana.

"Hello, darling."
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Ariana jumped, startled at the new voice. She had been busy spacing out, she hadn't even realized someone else was here. She turned around and grinned nervously at the new person. She was, obviously, a woman, and despite the white hair, she seemed young. Whoever it was, she hadn't had the pleasure of meeting her just yet.

"Oh, um hello!" She managed to get out. She glanced around the forest a bit before looking back at the woman. "I'm not intruding on your property or something, right?" She asked cautiously. The last thing she wanted to do was make a first impression with someone by angering them. Realizing she hadn't introduced herself yet, she stood up and gave a small bow. "I'm Ariana Lee."

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Morgana gave an ambiguous smile at the question.

"You ARE new, darling." She said. "No, my property would be within the foggy area that way."

A fellow bower! How nice. Too few people did that here. They were all 'yo hey road dogg!' and slapping hands, the lowest form of communication. Even Carrie's smooching her hand and touching herself was a step up from that.

Morgana gave a small bow of her own.

"Greetings, darling, I am Morgana." She said. "What are you doing all the way out here?"
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Ariana nodded and looked in the direction Morgana had indicated. The Foggy woods was, as described, incredibly foggy, and more than a tad intimidating. She couldn't help but wonder what lied beyond the foggy mist......dangerous creatures perhaps? The thought was both entertaining and intimidating.

"Pleasure to meet you Morgana!" Ariana said with a small smile. She glanced around the forest yet again as she pondered Morgana's question. "I was just thinking. News of your universe's destruction is a bit much to take in..." Ariana felt a little uncomfortable admitting this. But it felt good to talk about it, even if it was just a bit. "I was also admiring the forest's beauty, its wonderful!"
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:49 pm

A few trees over, a squirrel the size of a small monkey darted silently across the branches until she had perfect view of the two humans in the forest.

Usually, her first instinct upon sensing others in the forest would be bolt the other direction but she recognised the scent of the younger girl as somebody she met in the sanctuary. She couldn’t really remember her name but her scent had always struck her as a little strange – it was laced with hints of what she would normally associate with canines.

Curious as always, she snuck for a closer look and/or sniff. Maybe the girl owned a pet dog hence the funny smell. But who was the other woman? Xiao tilted her head, rummaging through her brain for memories of meeting a white haired lady. She crept closer until she was practically right above their heads, hearing the girl (Ariana! Yes, her name was Ariana!) complimenting the forest of it's beauty. Awww, it is pretty~ And if she thought so too then she must be friendly~

”Are you lost?” she asked, completely forgetting the fact that it’ll probably creep others out if a squirrel suddenly started talking to them in the middle of nowhere.

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:10 am

"Hm. Lucky for me, my world was meaningless, I weep for nothing." Morgana said. "I feel for you though, darling, and-"

And then a squirrel spoke to them. Morgana looked up, giving Xiao Xiao an odd look. But like with Ariana, she quickly sensed what this squirrel really was.

"...I'm surrounded by shapeshifters." Morgana said with an ambiguous smile. "No, darling, I'm just gathering potion ingredients."
    [INACT.] Eric Fang
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by [INACT.] Eric Fang on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:50 am

A five foot scaly beast had been lurking in the foggy woods looking for a certain witch to bother, not that he could if he wanted to. After all she was very good in hiding what she felt, when she felt like it. Eric snorted annoyed as he headed out of the gloomy forest. He had already searched the whole of the Foggy woods and though a whole nest of elvish looking tree people, who wouldn't be annoyed especially when they toss rather pointy sticks at you.

The dragon would have just flown out of the woods if not for the wretched sun that still refused to set in to night. Rather than getting burned Eric had decided to walk his way back to the city, perhaps he could catch the witch in the sanctuary.

Then he heard it, a little voice. It was familiar to him, but he couldn't put a claw on it just yet, perhaps a little peek would refresh his memories. The vampire stalked his way to the ladies' conversation. He went passed a rather large looking squirrel with out even noticing it. Now he gad a grin on his face, for he had found what he had been looking for for the pass few hours.

Lowering his body into a pouncing stance he crept up to the witch's back. Then he pounced ate her while letting out a fierce roar, or tried to pounce on the witch. You never know when it's her. A dragon that stood about five feet tall at the shoulder, built with heavy scales and large muscles, would be quite heavy. But Eric didn't really want to break bones, so he opened his wings to stop his pounce in mid second of hitting his target. He would have landed right in front of Morgana's nose if she turned around.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Ariana blinked a bit when the smell of squirrel reached her nose. But then again, this was a forest. Forests were full of squirrels. A squirrel being in a forest isn't that amazing. usually at least. Morgana had been right in the middle of a sentence when they heard a small, soft voice above them.

Ariana flinched a bit, and ducked, expecting something to land on top of them. But after a few moments, she pried her eyes open and glanced up, right at the face of the large, talking squirrel she'd met in the Sanctuary the other day.

"Oh, hello..." What was her name again? Something with an X..."Xiao Xiao?" She half asked, not completely sure about the squirrel's name. She gave Morgana a questioning, and slightly nervous glance at her comment on 'Shapeshifters'. Did she know?

But any further pondering was interrupted by Morgana almost being tackled by a large...lizard. Or perhaps a small dragon. Ariana took a few cautious steps back, eyeing the creature in front of her. "Uuh..Morgana...there's a dragon behind you.'
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Shapeshifters? Well, it’s not exactly the most accurate term for her kind but she’ll not complain. The woman smells of mushrooms and herbs with what she presume to be magic knitted into her scent.

“You remembered my name!” Xiao squeaked happily at Ariana then flipped down to the ground, morphing in mid air so that she landed in her human form. “Hello to you as well. Are you here to collect potion ingredients too? Can I help you in any way?”

She heard the dragon before she smelt it. Her first instinct was to stand completely still as if that’ll make her invisible but then the beast pounced. She screamed, chattering loudly in squirrel gibberish and scrambled back up the tree, almost knocking down Ariana along the way and tried to hide amongst the branches – an act that utterly failed because her large tail was poofed up like a giant cloud behind her, telling all exactly where she was hiding.

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:37 pm

"Uuh..Morgana...there's a dragon behind you."

And then Morgana was tackled to the ground, Eric on top of her. Morgana panicked for a moment, but his shadow gave him away. So instead, Morgana just chuckled. Oh, that foofy vampire dragon.

"Hello Eric, darling." She cooe. "How do I smell tonight, hm?"
    [INACT.] Eric Fang
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by [INACT.] Eric Fang on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Eric chuckled at the reactions get received for pouncing on Morgana, quite a reward for waking up early to visit a friend. He took a deep breath of the witch's scent to examine it before replying to her question. "You smell nice like usual but a bit different, perhaps bit more muddy and with mushrooms on top. Have you been collecting them recently? the mushrooms I mean. I heard from some where that they are different on a full moon." The vampire grinned before curling around Morgana, in a way that she would be able to sit on his back if she took a little jump. Then he looked up trying to see the moon beyond the trees, perhaps it was full but it was hard since the sun was still present in the sky.

"I've been looking through out the Foggy Woods for you. I've been in the silly nest of nature bent elves, mind you they give a nasty splinter under my scales." True enough there was a rather larger spear-like piece of wood sticking out right behind his draconic ear. The wound caused by the weapon bleed a little, but it didn't seem too bad compared to what the vampire had endured before he arrived in Portal Breach. It was unknown to him that the weapon was coated with some type of poison. " They got me on my blind spot, behind the ear. Can you have a look?" Eric asked the witch as he turned his head to look at her with puppy dog eyes.

It was only then when he looked did he see the fluffy squirrel tail sticking out among the branches and the wolf smelling girl standing a few meters away from him. The vampire's eyes widened a bit as he remembered that there were other people in the area who he forgot about. "Hallo there squirrel and lady~ Sorry for scaring you two, I was really after Morgana's reaction. Didn't get much of it though, maybe next time I'll get her." He grinned widely at the thought, his large canine fangs stood out among his many dagger sharp teeth.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Ariana couldn't help but smile at the young squirrel's happy and helpful tone. As weird as it was to meet a talking squirrel that seemed to be able to shapeshift between two squirrely forms, the young squirrel's bubbliness was quite endearing.

"No, I was just admiring the view, but thanks for the offer!" Ariana answered, just in time to almost get knocked down by the skittish squirrel. Not that she blamed her, she was nervous about the...dragon...thingy that had appeared too. But Morgana seemed to know him. And he smelled familiar..perhaps this was yet another person she'd briefly met in the Sanctuary?

"Oh um..its okay.....nice to meet you?" She said to the dragon a bit awkwardly. Ariana walked over to where Xiao Xiao had taken cover and gently pulled on the unbelievably fluffy tail. She didn't yank hard enough to hurt her, just hard enough to get her attention. "Its okay Xiao Xiao, I think the dragon's friendly!"
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:02 pm

She felt the tug on her tail and peeked out upon hearing Ariana and the dragon’s words. Friendly? Well, Mushu is a dragon and he is friendly so maybe this one is too. Plus, she couldn’t really sense any danger from him (yet) though he does look awfully large and dangerous.

Xiao climbed out of the tree but remained behind Ariana, her tail taking its time to settle back to its normal size. She timidly squeaking a ‘Hello to you too’ before gaping like a terrified fool at the amount and size of teeth the dragon was displaying in his smile – how many Xiaos could fit in between those? Now let’s cut this post short before the silly squirrel to start imagining how many Xiaos, Morganas AND Arianas could fit in that mouth.

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:31 am

Morgana laughed.

"I keep telling people not to disturb the environment in my woods." She said, getting to her feet. "Those darling elves are just one of many creatures protective of it."

She climbed over Eric to look behind his ear. And sure enough, a spear was there, sticking out of him like a tack on a bug in some collection. Morgana chuckled.

"Yep, they don't like you." Morgana said, flicking it lightly. "I'll talk to them, they trust me. Mostly because of Linu La'neral, but oh well... hold still, darling."

Morgana grabbed the spear and yanked it out in one smooth motion. She then waved a glowing red hand over the wound. It was Negative Energy, but since Eric was undead, it healed him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:03 pm