Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Let's See This Freak Show Staff....

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:44 am

Jo blinked. She expected to be shouted at, maybe taken away to have a private word; cosmos, maybe even be punished and used as an example of those who disobeyed. But not for him to not believe her.

"But I did," she insisted, removing the contraption from 113. "The cable is from my earphones, the hairpin from my jumpsuit, and this is my PDA." If he didn't believe her now, he had no choice but to now.

Still holding the makeshift radio in her hands, Jo looked back up at him. "Sure I'm sticking up for him, but because he shouldn't be punished for what I did. If you have to punish someone.... punish the one who started it. Punish me."

And not like that, no. Jo was being serious. She was quaking in her boots, but she was dead serious. She didn't want anyone to be hurt because of what she'd done. All she'd wanted was for them to relax a little and have fun. She hadn't meant for things to get this far or anger him. They would have gone back to work afterwards.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, looking down at her feet. She hated disappointing him.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:18 am

And that was that. Zurg couldn't believe his horns at what he was hearing. He... He just couldn't! But even though he didn't want to hear a word Jo was saying, his eyes didn't lie. Those were indeed pieces of her earphones, a hairpin from her jumpsuit, and even her PDA. She really had done it, didn't she?

And as the judge, jury, and executioner of Planet Z, Jo was guilty in all sense of the word. He couldn't let this slide; not when practically every minion was watching.

The Evil Emperor's face hardened at her apology, showing neither shock, disappointment, or anger. It was simply a blank face, one used to overcome harrowing ordeals; a place-holder. "No. No, Jo, sorry won't cut it." He spoke at last, his tone straight. With a snap the energy crackled with doubled intensity and Zurg loomed his finger closer to the mechanic. Her hair was no doubt starting to spring up from the static, her skin prickling and her face feeling warm.

"You know my policy like they all do." He kept that flat, emotionless tone. It was business as usual. "What I do to one, I do to them all. You are no exception. You broke the rule and like them, you will receive the punishment accordingly." For Cosmos sake, Jo, why did you have to go and pull a stunt like this? Didn't you know better? Couldn't you be trusted to maintain yourself? Why must you make his job difficult and force this hard decision upon him!? If there was anything more than the number 42 that he hated, it was being forced to make a harsh, impartial decision. As much as he wanted to spare Jo from harm the minions! Think of the minions! If he hadn't punished her they would see him weak! That he had a soft spot! In their minds he had no soft spots! Evil had no soft spots! And if he punished her it would be everything he believed in. Zurg would never harm Jo--never--and to decide on this?

Thoughts like these raced through his mind, the Evil Emperor determining every diplomatic outcome as best he could in those precious seconds of silence. Did he punish her? Did he not punish her? Did he punish them all? None? What was the right choice? What was the best choice? Blast it, he wasn't the Grace anymore! This shouldn't be so hard!

"In my entire reign of power--evil or not--I have only decided one case similar to this." The Evil Emperor was going to give his reasoning, as was proper. "If by going with precedent, I am to punish you. To zap you with over 2000 watts of pure, unrestrained electricity. It is not pleasant, but it is not fatal, either. However--" His finger faltered just a smidgen. "--that case has also haunted me, and it is not something I am proud of."

After several intense, speechless moments, only the sound of crackling energy willing itself to make itself known, the Evil Emperor drew back his finger and killed the power to his right gauntlet. Minions everywhere let out a silent sigh, and they dared not to voice it aloud.

"I have ruled that I will not punish anyone for this blatant display of policy disrespect." Considering his other sentences, this one was getting off leniently. "Instead, breakfast is now over and I want everyone to go to work. No music, no dancing, no talking of this incident. Period. I hope I make myself crystallic fusion crystal clear." Jo already knew this was directed to her.

"Yes, Your Evilness." The hall droned with timid minion voices.

Zurg took this time to eye them all resentfully, and he sneered. "Good. Now go. Everyone is dismissed except Jo."

They didn't have to be told twice and they were out of there faster than you can say Oh, boy, the Evil Emperor is mad. He watched them file out of the hall with relative indifference and he stood there with his eyes cross (not crossed!). "You too, Chef. I want you to go as well and lock up. No snooping."

"Oh! Oh, of course! Yes." The fat grub gave its best whimper to the girl and was off, scampering out of sight and out of mind. Hey, it knew when the going was getting rough!

When they were finally alone, Evil Emperor and mechanic, Zurg crossed his arms and didn't seem as scary as he had been moments ago. In fact, he seemed rather... tired. Tired, and looking the part, alright. This entire time he had been looking straight past Jo, still thinking.

"Well." He finally spoke, his voice now a tad hollow. "I suppose that wasn't so bad."

Who was he kidding, that was terrible. Jo probably didn't know what was worse! An angry shitstorm coming her way, or this detached confrontation!

((Haaaaaaaaaaaah, and with that, my dear Jo, I leave you for my bed! Good night! I'll see this in the morning~!))

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:54 am

She chewed on her lower lip, wringing the cable around her fingers in worry. His words cut into her as surely as any weapon or blaster and all she could look at was that sizzling sphere at his fingertip. She did fear whatever punishment would come, but as he lowered his hand and spoke in that toneless voice she felt even worse than before. She would have taken his anger, his rage, anything over this absence of emotion.

Her palms felt clammy clutching her PDA as the minions filed out of the room, and she felt sick to her stomach. She wondered what case he had been referring to, but didn't have the heart to ask or even speak. She wasn't sure whether it was dread, or fear, but she knew that she had disappointed him once again. Why did she always have to screw things up just when things were going so well? She didn't even know what she was feeling like. She just felt terrible, as if she was going to be sick or never feel warm again.

She wanted to say that she was sorry, but he had said that apologies wouldn't cut it. So all she could do was stand there and stare down at her feet, feeling her nose get all itchy as her eyes grew moist and she chewed on her lip. She didn't cry very often, but she felt so upset that she was very close to tears. She fought them back though, willing herself not to cry, grateful that her bangs probably hid her face from view.

All she had wanted was to bring some life to Planet Z and get to know his staff. But in the end, she had risked Zurg's trust, and his disappointment in her hurt more than any other punishment. And all she could do now was wait for him to say something--anything.

(( Good night! I stayed up much longer than I should have. DX See you after work and I hope I can squeeze in a post or two on my break! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:38 pm

...Oh, no. Please don't say she was about to cry. Please, no. He just wanted to put his foot down, re-exert his authority over his dominion--Argh! He was a villain! This is what villains did! They laid down the law with an iron fist and if anyone tried to cross them, they brought out the pain! That's what he did all the time! This was a perfectly natural aspect of everyone's lives on Planet Z. He kept a firm rule, and his minions knew their limits! It was to prevent revolutions, uprisings, and coups! It was for his safety as much as theirs. And then Jo had to go and introduce liberty. Such a thought made him absolutely livid with fright. Planet Z could not function without its minions! What would happen if they realized a new side to life, a better side to life, and questioned his dominance? Zurg didn't want to think about such an uneasy topic!

But he sensed that thinking as an Evil Emperor was not getting him anywhere. At least productively with Jo. This was going to require him to shift gears, wasn't it? He was never good with a stick.

"At the risk of... seeming biased..." Augh, diplomacy. But this was for Jo, and she was owed a calm and mild explanation to everything that had just happened. "Perhaps, ah, things snowballed out of control and maybe certain facts coming to, er, light agitated the situation." In short, he was admitting that the past minute and a half had been extremely charged. Even for him! "I, uh, think perhaps that the... the..." What was the confounded word!? Blasted Basic! This wasn't working! NEW STRATEGY!

Zurg gave a little snort and tried to appear firm. "Jo." Oh, forget it. He was terrible at his job when it came to Jo! Staying mad at her wouldn't be healthy at all, so the Evil Emperor dropped the act and tried to cheer her up at least. She looked so miserable!

"I'm sorry, Jo." He apologized and it was sincere. "I didn't mean--well, maybe a little--I mean--!" Zurg slapped his forehead. That was terrific. Could he not speak today? Okay, third time is supposedly the charm. Let's try this again. "What I'm trying to say is this: I apologize for the harsh display and I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable, but I do not appreciate you rousing up the minions. They're minions, Jo. Not pets, not friends; minions. They must know their place!" He pounded a firm fist into his palm for emphasis. "And you enlightening them to have fun and enjoy themselves is promoting dissident thinking, and I absolutely cannot have that. It's a threat to me and my goals. Do you understand?"

He hoped this would uplift the mechanic's spirits immensely. And they were having such a great time together, too! Damn luck.

((Tell me about it. I woke up with my eyes plastered.))

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:59 pm

With a few deep breaths Jo did manage to force back the moisture, but she still felt like her stomach was tied into knots. At least he wasn't talking with that distant tone in his voice anymore. She managed to look up at him, still chewing on her lower lip, then looked back down at her feet. "I just.... wanted to get to know your staff and do something fun for them. Like the way we have fun sometimes...."

But Jo was quickly beginning to realize what she already knew; that Zurg on Planet Z was different from the Zurg she'd gotten to know on Portal Breach. He also had different faces he showed to different people; his staff saw him as a merciless ruler, the people on Portal Breach as a dangerous but approachable person. And Jo? She'd probably seen more than anybody else had, but that made getting used to the different face he showed on Planet Z harder.

"I didn't want to put you in a difficult position. I understand that what I did was a recipe for disaster." She laughed nervously at that. Oh, was that an understatement. Disaster just didn't cut it close. "It was supposed to be just harmless fun.... I won't do it again.... I'm sorry."

(( I made a couple of mistakes at work, so let's hope this shortpost isn't a third one. XD ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Ohh, just look at how miserable she was. Her eyes were welling with fought back tears and her cheeks were flush with embarrassment. And to think he was the source of her discomfort. The Evil Emperor wasn't a man of gentle means but that didn't make him an unfeeling brute. Seeing Jo upset was surely to strike a chord somewhere and Zurg rubbed the back of his neck with an unsure hand. The last thing he ever wanted Jo to feel around him was fear.

"I know, Jo, I know." He assumed a softer tone now, once again showing his many faces. "You were just acting in a way that you thought best. After all, you come from a free society with civil liberties and rights. It would be unfair of me to hold your upbringing accountable." And at this he sighed. Perhaps out of remembering the ill-fated clashes with Xenon, the Evil Emperor drew close to Jo and embraced her, hoping the mechanic would accept the gesture. Again, Zimbo, I will maul you. With love, of course, after I sodomize your body.

"I know you didn't mean any intentional harm, and that you were hoping to fit in." He ended the tender moment by giving her a small, reassuring 'kiss' on the head. "You were just doing what you thought was right." And he wanted her to know that there was nothing wrong with that.

Seems he would have to employ new policies, didn't he?

((After using this confounded iPod for hours, I have posted at last!))
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:47 pm

At first, Jo was surprised, but then she relaxed against him, hugging him back and pressing her face into his chest. She was starting to feel better already, and she hoped that this meant that he wasn't disappointed in her. He was also really warm like toast, but unlike his usual scent he smelled unpleasant, like smog and smoke; he had probably just gone to oversee another factory right before coming here.

"You need a bath," she commented, laughing against his chest. She squeezed him a little tighter before looking up at him. "I'm still sorry.... but thanks for cheering me up." She smiled, adjusting his mantle. "No more dance parties or party hats. Mechanic's honor!" She even held up her hand as if she was swearing an oath.

"And I promise to think before I act, but I'm usually impulsive so that's hard to control. But then again improvising on the spot's not half-bad, is it?" She smothered another laugh, biting on her lower lip, looking up at him with a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

(( Wow, I wouldn't have the patience for that! You go, you! XD ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:36 am

Now there was the Jo he was accustomed to seeing; the laughing, upfront woman who was not afraid to speak her mind and say what's what. The best thing about Jo had always been her strong spirit, and shame on anyone who tried to actively crush such a beautiful thing. And speaking of admiration, Zurg snortled playfully at her poking fun. "I don't bathe during work hours, Jo, you know that. Besides, there is no harm in trying to cheer you up; a mistake is a mistake."Although, normally the Evil Emperor dealt with mistakes harshly... Another policy revision in order? Alas he will have to handle that later -- after Jo.

"Party hats? I thought I got rid of those stockpiles..." Parties; blights if he had ever seen one. The only good party was an off-world party, where there would be no messes. Zurg was such a stick in the mud at times. "I'll hold you to your mechanics's honour, Jo! No dance parties and little hats. Not a single one." He held up a lone finger and ultimately tapped her nose with it.

Mechanic's honour, she said.

"And it's not that I want to control your thoughts, Jo--okay, just a little bit of social control here--but I just want you to be aware that Planet Z has an entirely different environment than Portal Breach or Tradeworld." It wasn't like he would ever abuse Jo into seeing his thinking; she was more than free to argue with him at any given time. Just... not in front of his minions. A public image, no matter how negative, was still a public image. It was very important to keep a strong, dominant identity around these lowlifes and a challenge to his authority was a direct threat to him, personally. That said, he saw Jo's impish twinkle and gave the tiniest of grins.

"No, I wouldn't say improvisation is bad, per se." He played along. "But I am also thinking that it was that same improvisation that got you in this mess in the first place." The Evil Emperor pointed out with a hearty chuckle of his own.

"Guess you're just as self-destruct as me~!"

((Have internet, will post! Anyway, I'm not feeling so well but I'll try to keep up as best I can.))

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:55 am

"No, you just bathe once a week. Which is all fine and dandy when you're not a human, but you pick up smells like a sponge soaks water!" She tapped his nose too, but she had to stand on tip-toe to do so. "And I really like the cheering up! You're so selfless, you really are~" she cooed, cupping his cheeks. "I hope I'm doing a good job of cheering you up too. If I'm not I'll go pull a Delila and call myself a failure!" She laughed, remembering how the genie had detested being human. What a ninny.

"Hey, don't diss the mechanic's honor! That's big stuff. Real important." She jabbed her finger into his chest. "It's like you and the color purple! See where I'm getting at?"

But she nodded, quickly sobering. "I'll be careful of what I say and do in front of your staff. No gossip material, check! No dancing and party hats, double check! No ruining Big Z's ever-so-awesome evil image, triple check!" She ticked them off on her fingers. "And note to self: when improvising, think first. And when being self-destructive, make sure it's on your own time."

She put her hands on her hips and smiled. "Yeah, I think I got it all covered now." Feeling far better and far more light-hearted than before, she broguht a hand up for a salute. "What's on the schedule today, Big Z? More inspections? Am I to run off like a good little moozle and explore some of the other floors you gave me access to?"

(( Sounds like my policy. And poor you, I hope you feel better! DX ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:40 am

"I do not stink! ....Badly." Zurg took a step back to sniff himself discreetly with a petite frown. "Hmm, maybe just a little..." He did smell like toxins and carcinogens. Hmm, perhaps another shower was in store. Or, no, wait! He'd rather take a bath! And, of course, Jo was quick to deconstruct his Big Bad image.

Cupping his cheeks, cooing at him, actually touching him, and not cowering. Ah, the life of an Evil Emperor was never easy. Fortunately he was more patient than he looked (hah, a funny) and Zurg rubbed his cheeks with a hand. Cupping them always felt so weird!

"Well, seems someone just had a mood switch just like that." He snapped his fingers with a light snicker. What was he talking about; he was the Evil Emperor of mood swings. They said he was worse than a woman on her cycle and there was some truth to that statement! Anyway, he felt relieved that Jo didn't take past events to heart, choosing to learn from the ordeal than to sulk upon it, and he mentally wiped his brow. Spending the rest of their time together at odds end would not be pleasant at all.

"At ease, grease monkey, Jo." Zurg gave her a mock salute in return. "No more inspections today, at least for you, so why don't you finish visiting the minions. That is if you won't teach them anything else on how to be a free, enlightened member of society. Brainwashing isn't cheap, you know!"

((Thanks. It kind of just hit me.))

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:54 am

"You should do what I do and shower daily." Which, admittedly speaking, she never used to do before she met Zurg. She used to be able to stay unwashed for a full week until she was bothered to clean herself. But now that she'd gotten used to showering everyday to save Zurg's keener olfactory senses from reeling, she found that she liked being clean. Not to mention the water at the inn was cheap--it was free!

"Hey, if we're cool, I'm cool. And you're cool. We're all cool." She mimed putting on sunglasses and crossed her arms, sticking her nose into the air. "Cool as cats, yo." She even pretended to lick a finger and singe her backside, hissing for the sizzling effect.

Comedy effects aside, Jo didn't appreciate being referred to as a primate. She put her hands on her hips and thrust out her chest. "Grease monkey, eh? Guess that's why my favorite tool is a monkey wrench, huh?" It beat him calling her babe, at least. Oooh, babe. How she'd come to despise that word.

But here, she grew concerned again. "Do you think they'll still want to talk to me?" She was having enough troubles initiating a conversation before. What if they outright ignored her after what happened now?

(( I'm sorry. DX You should watch out for colds and flus. They're nasty. ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:19 am

"Planet Z doesn't have enough water to sustain daily cleaning." Was Zurg's ever so curt and to the point response. Always a businessman and thinking ahead, he was. Budget, budget, budget! Never was there a truer phrase. And... just what was Jo doing? The Evil Emperor watched the outlandish display and didn't know what to think at first -- he was too busy trying to make horns or tails of Jo's new lingo. "Cats are... cool? And don't do that around the minions. Planet Z may be filled with vile goons, but we're not common street thugs."

Remember, Jo. You are speaking to an alien who didn't have cats on his world. You're confusing the poor man! Confusing! And the mental image of rapper, gangsta peons was sooo not appealing to the Evil Emperor's senses. At all.

"What? Humans descended from primates and like a monkey, you use your opposable thumbs and monkey around. Personally speaking you humans would be worse if you still had the prehensile tails."

But he changed gears with her, reacting to her question. "I don't see why not." Zurg shrugged. "So you have a black spot on your back; if they know what's good for them they'll talk. And if they don't." The Evil Emperor narrowed his eyes and pretended to crush something in his cruel, power hand.

"I'll make them talk."

Gotta love villains.

((I think something is flying around, but it hasn't hit me so far! At least, I think.))

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:31 am

She pretended to lower her nonexistent glasses. Good thing she'd had that shower the other day then, huh? "Yeah, cats are cool. Shalti's one and she's as cool as they can be!" But she figured by now that he wouldn't get the joke and decided to drop the act. Oh well. Some things never went as planned.

"You have thumbs too," she pointed out. And that was best argument ever.

But she laughed at him crushing nothing in thin air. "With that strong grip of yours I bet you could even crush air," she smiled, patting his hands.

Then she stood on tip-toe to give him a great bi hug. "Thanks, Big Z, you're the greatest." She then gave his nose a lingering kiss. "I love you," she whispered, like it was a secret, then dashed away.

"I'll stay out of trouble and keep my mouth shut in front of your staff! More or less! I'll try anyway!" she called over her shoulder, waving. "See you later, Big Z!" she called one last time, then ran out of the cafeteria to go to where else? Robotics and Engineering!

At least down there she'd find someone to talk to.

(( At the risk of sounding like a mother hen, I'll just suggest you take it easy. ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:49 am

"But Shalti is--I don't get it." Obviously. And what about that argument!? Zurg snorted indignantly at this insinuation of him being at the same level as a monkey. "Hmph! Primates aren't the only ones to have the makings of a thumb, you know." It was time for a biology lesson from Professor Z, and he loved to hear himself speak. "When my common ancestor crawled out of the shrinking oceans and took their first step upon land they adapted to meld their flippers into functioning hands! We skipped the hairy stage entirely. What's your excuse?" Hah, last word was always going to be his.

And it seemed Jo's distraction worked. As he prepared a response to her patting Jo apparently had the high ground. In the blink of an eye she had not only gave him a great, big hug but also a firm kiss on the non-existent nose and then proceeded to dash away like some... some... some kind of forest nymph! Talk about a flinch for the ages!

"A-U-Ohh... I-I love you... too." A classic doe in the headlights moment and he slowly brought up an awkward hand to wave back. What had just happened right then besides him feeling a warm, fuzzy sensation throughout his body? And, Zimbo, I don't want to hear the word erection outta your mouth or fingers. "And you don't need to keep quiet!" Zurg shouted after her. "Just think before you speak! Really! I'm not placing a gag order on you for crater's sake!" He believed in some civil liberties, he did!

He watched her go at that point, still standing in place, and Chef crawled out from its hidey hole.

When the moment was right, it spoke. "I give her one 'ours before you need to go to 'er and fix vat ever mess she causes." It bet shamelessly.

Hmph. The Evil Emperor scowled and stooped over to shake Chef's little hand. "I'll raise you fifty and make it two."

He had faith that Jo wasn't going to make the same mistake twice!

((Nooooo, I don't wanna. I'll just play some WoW and vegetate. And speaking of relaxing, I am going to bed. Good night!))
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:18 am

Jo made her way to the elevator again, checking her PDA to find out where Robotics and Engineering was. She was pleased to see that it was on Level 5 and pushed the corresponding button in the elevator. She didn't usually mind elevators, but Planet Z had so many she could get easily lost. Lucky enough for her, the PDA had most of what she'd need in order to get around. Some levels and areas were still blocked, and though she was a little curious about them she had no desire to go there. Both because they were inaccessible to her and because she wasn't keen on stumbling upon evil devices. And besides, she could always just ask him if she was really curious.

But back to the matter at hand. The elevator came to a stop and Jo stepped out into the hallway. With her map as her guide, she made her way down, past the bathroom and deeper and deeper into the complex. Zurg's palace was immense with metallic corridors, sliding doors, and Hornets marching around with stunner pikes. According to the PDA, she had to take a few twists and turns before getting there.

She was relieved that Zurg wasn't mad or disappointed with her. She had been dreading that she might have done irreparable damage, but he too had apologized, which had made her feel immensely better. He didn't have to apologize at all, but she was glad they'd been honest with each other. She wasn't the kind of person to stay upset for long, so moving past that point had been a real difference.

She came to a stop before a set of large doors and checked her map. This was the place. Stowing the PDA away in one of her pockets, she pushed the doors open and took a look inside.

(( Careful you don't gather moss at your keyboard! And I'm going to head off to bed too. See you tomorrow and watch for that cold! ))

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:51 am