Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Let's See This Freak Show Staff....

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:31 am

Oh, great. It sounded like Buzz hadn't told Ozma anything about her--or Zurg, for the matter. This was just one headache in the making, she knew it. She shot ZUrg a dirty look for finding all this amusing and recording it too. She had words for him after this.

"I'm sure you're real smart, but right now you're being really dumb," she retorted, her patience wearing thin. "And as for who'd have failed experiments just lying around, I'll give you a hint. He's purple, he's got his own empire, and his name starts with the letter Z."

But, childish games aside, time was precious. Four minutes!

"Look, I know it's hard to believe, but I'm pretty sure you know what Zurg's capable of. He said if I can't find someone to save this poor animal he'll let his minions go ahead and turn it into paste." And Jo had almost had it up to here with pleading, so she'd toss in a deal-maker and hope it worked.

"You're the only one I can appeal to, but if you're not interested a very fine slime-forming, acid-puking, tentacled, eyeless animal is going to be put down. Did I mention it's got claws and sharp teeth?" She pretended to look at her nails. "Just tell me now so I stop wasting your time and you can go back to sleep and rest easy, yes? I'm sure I've taken up enough of your precious time already."

Hook, line, and sinker.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:36 am

Oh, wow. Zurg let out a gasp and covered his teeth as best he could, eyes wide at Jo. "You just called her DUMB!" He hissed at her, laughter bubbling up inside his chest. Oh, this was just GREAT! Two hot-heads going at it! Great!

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    [ADPT.] Ozma Furbanna
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 2

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by [ADPT.] Ozma Furbanna on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:38 am

"Oh, now I'm dumb, am I? Okay then." Dr. Ozma wasn't beyond being petty, and Jo was going to realize that right about... now.

Click.

That'll teach Jo to bite the hand was hopefully going to feed her.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:44 am

Jo just stared at the phone for a few moments. She wasn't just mad, she was furious. How dare that selfish woman hang up like that? But then she realized that she wasn't just mad; she was upset. She'd tried everything she could think of to save that poor creature. Begging, arguing, pleading, goading, and it had all been for nothing.

She didn't even bother looking up at the clock. She knew it would be too late to do anything now.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:58 am

And that... was that. Jo had blown it with Dr. Furbanna and it seemed that all was lost. Or... was it? Like a great big silver, F#%@ing lining the Evil Emperor Zurg got off his throne and took his sweet, sorry time coming over to a stunned and now upset Jo Pistonne. "Didn't go well I take it~? Better let me try, my dear." Oh, and just what was he smiling at?

Once Jo had given him the phone, or inter-stellar communicator as he was fond to call it (phone was just so barbaric!), the Evil Emperor punched in a number on speed dial and waited patiently for the tone to respond.

Click!

"Oh, Lightyear~! Guess who~!" He batted his eyes at nothing in particular, his smile increasing ten fold. Some gibberish could be heard where Jo was at and the Evil Emperor held up a modest hand. "Yes, yes; I was arrested. Jealous~! You should be. Now, listen carefully." He face drastically became dead serious. "I am breaking the law calling you at this hour, but the cause is far greater than my own mere concern. What?" Zurg snorted. "No, I am not growing soft--NOW YOU ARE JUST PUSHING IT. WILL YOU LET ME SPEAK OR NOT!?"

Slightly less sarcastic gibberish, and a squiggly apology.

"Thank you." The Evil Emperor stated in a deadpan tone with his eyes cross. "Now, as I was saying, I have an experiment that is awaiting imminent re-purposing. I won't get into details as it will bore a man of your brute caliber, but know this!" Dramatic pause! "If Dr. Ozma does not take the beast into her custody, as Jo stated, then it shall die. And I hear being turned into paste is quite painful; something about being slowly liquified. Hmm? Ah, yes~! I am still quite the monster~! So, will you do it?"

Needless to say, the smile at Zurg's face reached its maximum capacity and he laughed heartily. "Splendid! When shall I be expected to deliver it? Two days?" He snapped his fingers to the side for a pen and paper, busy writing down the address. "Uh-huh, uh-huh. Is that B as in bunzel, or P as in--B? Good, good. What?" He paused with a slight frown. "Since when did you hang out in the zoo? Ew, Lightyear, that's low, even for you! Oh, alright. I won't make fun of your housing. Expect the nasty little beast in two days time."

With a click he hung up and promptly began to dial another number.

"49? Yes, it's the Evil Emperor. Oh, save it. I don't want to hear you asking for another raise." Zurg growled, rolling his eyes in disgust. "Listen to what I have to say, for I will only say it once! Stop the cleansing process of Experiment-093u78! Yes, that's right. I want you, 49, to stop the cleansing process of the mutant horror, Experiment-093u78. DON'T YOU BACK TALK TO ME!" Zurg suddenly burst into a shriek, eyes flaring. "I GAVE YOU AN ORDER AND YOU BETTER FOLLOW IT OR SO HELP ME I WILL USE YOUR BRAIN MATTER AS PAINT IN MY LATEST ARTS AND CRAFTS! DO WE HAVE AN AGREEMENT!?"

A meek response from brain pod 49.

"Good~!" And just like that the Evil Emperor was all smiles again. "Have the experiment shipped to the address I am uploading to your location and see to it that you don't skimp out on the necessities. I'd rather not have my recipient receive a dead package. That's just bad for business."

Click, no more brain pod 49 and hello to Jo.

Putting away the device the Evil Emperor sensed Jo's increasing rise in negative emotions and braced himself. "You may hit me when ready. My only request: nothing below my belt." He closed his eyes but peeked out of habit.

((AHAHAHAH! That was fun to write, but alas! I need sleep. Night, Jo!))
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:14 am

To say that Jo went through a series of emotions in a few minute's time would be an understatement. She was furious and upset; then confused and amused; then irritated and grateful. All almost at the same time. Talk about a full day--and it wasn't even lunchtime yet. Or maybe it was. Jo couldn't remember how long she'd been down in those vents.

But she also suddenly felt extremely tired. She exhaled and rubbed her eyes--which was a bad idea since her eyes were still slime-encrusted. "Ack! Augh! ....This isn't my day at all." She winced and her right eye teared up, trying to clear itself.

Once her eye had stopped stinging for the most part, she looked up at Zurg. "Frankly? I don't know whether I want to hit you or hug you right now." His laughing at her predicament while he so smoothly handled the entire thing stung a little. "I guess I'll settle with thank you for now and maybe hug you later when I'm clean."

She laughed at herself a little with that, then sobered.

"I guess Buzz's girlfriend doesn't like me all that much, huh? That eventual lunch we were supposed to have--but never got to have--sounds like her doing and ancient history." She stretched her arms above her head. "I guess I should go take a bath before this slime stick to me permanently. But...."

She was relieved and grateful that a solution had been found after all, and took Zurg's hand, squeezing it. That, hopefully, he could clean more easily than if she hugged him while she was still caked in slime. "Thanks, Big Z."

(( I'm tired too. Good night. ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:20 am

"Not your day? HAH!" The Evil Emperor placed his hands upon his hips and huffed. "This is my day every day on Planet Z. Welcome to my work week. 24/7/365, and only fifteen minutes of R&R. Still think you have what it takes to last it through the three weeks?" He ended on a smug note, challenging her.

He could take being both hit and hugged, he supposed. Not a total loss in his books -- breaking even is the term!

"And don't worry about the doctor." Zurg shrugged like it was no big deal. "Furbanna isn't the cuddliest of critters; she's perfect for Lightyear. Perfec--" But he never got to finish as Jo reached out to take his hand and squeeze it.

With slime.

"Eeeeuuuuuugh...." The look on his face was priceless, one of both horror and disbelief. This stuff was going to leave a lingering smell, wasn't it!? "Don't... mention it."

((NOW I go to bed. XD))
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:28 am

Jo grinned, her tongue stuck between her teeth. "The look on your face is priceless." Oh yeah, she'd done that on purpose. Not at the start, but the second she saw his face contort she knew she enjoyed this little piece of torment. "You pansy, you're wearing gauntlets. You can wash the slime off later. And as for me...." She made sure she had all her things on her, then looked back up at him.

"I'm heading for the bathroom to take a nice, long, hot shower, and then I'll clean and polish all my tools." The thought of a hot shower was very appealing right now. "And then I'll go visit the creature before you cart it off to Portal Breach! I be it'll be happy to know it's got a great new start set in store for it!"

She shot him a smug look. "And if we're both lucky, I might be able to squeeze you in tonight." With a lingering laugh, she did a twirl on the spot and dashed out. "Thanks, Big Z~!"

(( And NOW I go to sleep too. XD ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:30 am

"EEEEUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHH....!

Slime or no slime, he was a pansy and proud.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:15 am