Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Let's See This Freak Show Staff....

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:24 pm

"I found them; they're safe, don't worry. So is the loose experiment." She wiped some goop out of her eyes and blinked. Cosmos, they'd brought an entire task force. She eyed the brain pods in white with narrowed eyes.

But she refocused her attention upon 41. "The experiment's harmless. It was just trying to survive. It didn't hurt or feed on anyone, so there should be no reason to have it cleansed."

She hoped that would be enough to convince them and if not.... she'd have to pull the Evil Emperor card. And she wasn't sure how well that would go down.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:39 pm

"Harmless?" 41 scoffed but it knew better; this wasn't its jurisdiction. Instead, 41 rolled away to let another brain pod arrive at the scene, this one known as brain pod 49. Alas, it looked exactly the same as brain pod 41 -- in fact, all the brain pods looked exactly like 41. Thank the Cosmos for a numbering system.

"Did you say harmless?" 49 inquired. It sounded much more refined and collect than its brash, rough counterpart. "A harmless experiment is a useless experiment, dear girl. It is to be cleansed and its genetic material re-purposed to better suit a more worthy cause." If a brain pod could be a Tangean there was no better candidate than brain pod 49.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:12 pm

"I won't let you." Jo put her hands on her hips. ""It's strong enough to do damage and it can probably kill to defend itself, but just because it doesn't serve a worthy enough purpose for you, doesn't mean it has to be turned into paste."

She wiped her hands on her pants, though they were just as filled as slime as her hands. If 49 protested again, Jo would pull out her special purple card.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 pm

"Well, I never! You see here, girl." The brain pods kept their nozzles on stand-by as 49 was going to give this young thing a piece of its visible mind. "We, the brain pods, are tasked with making deadly mutants for His Evilness' nefarious devices; not for our purposes. He sets the policy on what is worthy and what isn't, not us. Now, step aside." It snapped its fingers and the Hornets moved in on Jo, their claws already outstretched and ready to apprehend her.

"We're going to re-purpose that useless mound of blubbery, cuddly flesh and see that its genetic make-up is used for evil." And 49 was not going to budge just because she had special privileges. "Hmph. This is how you handle favourtism, my peers."

The other brain pods nodded silently and watched the event unfold.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Zurg might have a policy on what kind of experiments he wanted, but did he really have a policy about failed experiments being turned into paste? It wasn't fair to the experiments that were given life to have it forcibly taken away like that. They had thoughts and feelings too. Why couldn't they be given a chance to live?

And then there came that word. Favoritism. Jo cringed, remembering what had happened earlier at breakfast. She didn't want to cause any more disturbances, but this wasn't about asking for favors.

"No." Jo planted her feet right where she was standing, arms crossed over her chest. "I won't let you re-purpose it. You're going to have to get through me if you want to get to the experiment. I won't let you kill it."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:11 pm

So, that's how it was, was it? An intense stare down ensued between the brain pods and Jo, and just when it seemed like nothing would transpire, everything avoided...

"Very well. Apprehend her."

The order was given.

Even if Jo could resist, the metallic grips of the Hornets were stronger than flesh and they wrapped around her, dragging her away from the torn vent. And once she was away the brain pods could finally carrier out their task: re-purposing. "Get the experiment out of there and detox the grubs." 49 instructed. "As senior ranking brain pod I want everything to go smoothly in the name of His Evilness. Chop, chop."

Jo could only watch helplessly as the brain pods went into the shaft to corral the creature.

Pained screams and surprised yelps were heard for a few moments, and then...

...Silence.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:22 pm

"No!" She tried to free herself from the Hornets' grip, but they were just too strong. She kicked and screamed and struggled, but they would not relent as they dragged her away. "No! You can't kill it! Stop! Please! Don't!"

But when everything went silence, Jo stopped struggling, just staring at the ventilation shaft in shock. No, they didn't. They couldn't have.... they just couldn't have....
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:05 am

"Relax." 41 rolled its pickled eyes. "They didn't kill it in the tunnel."

"Yes, yes." 49 concurred with a tip of its capsule. "We wouldn't want to dirty up the ventilation shaft after that icky ordeal." What were they, neanderthals? Hmph!

And true to their word, the brain pods with the exterminating gear came out, grunting. Behind them they carried none other than the passed out monster, the scientists dragging the groaning thing upon a mat. The grubs were quick in two, appearing mighty anxious, and when they spotted Jo they averted their eyes and kept to themselves. This was policy, and policy was law.

"Very good." Brain pod 49 wheeled up to inspect the latest capture and it nodded. "Be sure to put the necessary restraints and see to it that the experiment is kept intact. Go." The exterminators lowered their capsules in acknowledgment and there the beast went; off to the science bays. Now that the creature had been settled and that a team had gone into the vent to clean up the awful mess, brain pod 49 assumed a triumphant pose. Why, it even eyed Jo smugly.

"You were saying?"

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 am

It was still alive. Jo breathed a small sigh of relief, but it was short-lived. It was being cartered away, which meant that it was going to be cleansed sooner or later. The grubs avoided looking at her, and she really couldn't blame them. She couldn't blame the Hornets either. They were all just doing their jobs.... even the brain pods.

But Jo didn't appreciate the look 49 shot her at all. She narrowed her eyes at him and pulled herself free from the Hornets's slack grip. "Nothing," she spat. "I hope you get stuck in a jar someday and left to rot."

Outlandish ways or not, Jo had had enough of this. She stalked off, seething. If none of the minions were going to help her, she was going to find someone who could. And that could only mean one person.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:38 am

"Hm, hm, hm~! I'm already stuck in a jar left to rot~! Come along, fellow true minions of Planet Z. We've got real work to do." And with that, brain pod 49 successfully had the last word, leaving Jo to go on off and sulk. Yes, not all minions of Planet Z were nice, were they? She had found that out the hard way.

But, that was all superficial fluff. A creature, useless or not, was going to be put to death! Did she really think that her values and beliefs carried themselves here on a desolate rock of evil and malice? Of agony and suffering? What could a lone woman with no power or strength do here? Here, on Planet Z, the planet of evil.

What could she do, really?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:56 am

Jo didn't know what she could do, she really didn't. She couldn't forsake what she believed in, not even here on Planet Z. But things were different here. What she knew as the norm was far from it in Zurg's domain. And matters and concepts that ruffled her feathers and sensibilities were the norm here. The norm! To kill an innocent, helpless creature simply for not being useful for some ulterior purpose. To deny it the right to live just because it was a mistake.

Jo usually turned a blind eye to what Zurg did. She knew he was evil, had come into contact with it, and accepted it. She didn't like it, but she accepted it. She wouldn't change him or cosmos forbid, hold the fact that he was evil against him. But this? Slaughtering a helpless creature simply because it wanted to live? It just wasn't fair to deny it the right to live. It wasn't its fault it had been given life. This was just wrong.

Favoritism or no favoritism, this was bothering her, so she would talk to Zurg about it. Maybe she could convince him to do something about it, or maybe he could give her his reasons for not doing something to stop it. Or maybe he didn't even know that the brain pods did this. In any case, Jo made her way to the throne room, still covered from head to foot in slime. She would worry about all that after this was over.

Last edited by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:32 am

If Jo remained determined to remain on this warpath, she would find the Evil Emperor busy away with daily issues as usual. He was in the Throne Room with reports in hand and reading glasses upon his face. At his feet were grubs reciting things that needed to be done and agendas that had already been accomplished for that day. Unlike her day, his had been rather uneventful and dreadfully boring.

"What do you mean we can't begin Project: Double Tap?" The Evil Emperor Zurg sighed out of exasperation to his cowering lackeys. "We've pushed this behind months already; we can't keep lingering around, afraid of our own shadows! We must push forward -- show some initiative!" The tyrant slammed a determined fist upon his palm, producing a loud smack.

The grubs clung together and nodded hastily for fear of upsetting their ruler. "Uh-huh, good idea, your Evilness. Shall we get started on that right away?"

Zurg rolled his eyes at his hopeless staff and scowled. "No, I want you all to kick back, enjoy yourselves, throw a little par--OF COURSE I WANT YOU TO PROCEED WITH THAT, YOU LACKWITS!" He barked angrily. "What do I keep you around for, ottomans!? Get going and don't come back until you have some numbers I find to my liking!" The little insectoids yelped and skedaddled out of there faster than you can count to three, and the Evil Emperor spun on his heels to snort when he heard someone approach. "What is it, can't you see I'm busy--Oh!"

It was none other than Jo, and she seemed mad... as well as dirty.

"Er, Jo..." He tried his best not to wince at the smell she carried and strained to not make a face. Was that sludge she was covered in? What in the Cosmos had she been doing down there!? "W-What brings you here? Shouldn't you be down in Engineering? Don't tell me you got stuck in a pipe and they had to use the oil in order to get you out..."

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 am

She chewed on her lower lip, then instantly stopped. She didn't realize that she chewed on her lip sometimes, but that aftertaste from the slime sure reminded her of it and convinced her to stop it for now.

"Big Z," she began, suddenly feeling a little awkward standing there before him covered in slime. "I was in Engineering and I offered to help and I was sent down with some grubs to fix the air ventilation system. But an experiment had broken into the vents and started snatching grubs left and right so I went in after them to save them." Here, she paused for a moment to take a breath before continuing.

"And the experiment's harmless and was just trying to survive, but the science team or whatever they are came to take it away and want to turn it into paste! Because it doesn't serve an evil purpose...." She felt a little strange addressing him with the issue, or maybe it was all the mucus she was covered in finally taking its toll on her. She would say more after he assessed this information, and then she would ask him whether he knew about the cleansing process.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:00 am

She had done what? Zurg couldn't believe his horns! Jo had offered to help fix a ventilation block only to discover an escaped experiment and rescue a few of his minions? And now the brain pods were going to initiate a cleanse? At first he hadn't seen the problem in all this, thinking that perhaps she was disturbed at the lack of security regarding mutant horrors, but upon thinking and thinking... she must have been upset about the experiment being re-purposed for other prototypes later on.

"Ah." The Evil Emperor took off his reading glasses and fiddled with them for a moment. "So... You've no doubt come to terms with our, uh, cleansing process. Most unfortunate, yes, but it does happen. The brain pods in the science teams have jurisdiction over their creations; I just oversee and make sure nothing goes awry or out of hand in regards to practicality and budget." Most likely not the answer Jo had wanted to hear, but it was the one he thought was neutral enough.

"I... take it something bothers you about this."

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:13 am

Jo's shoulders sagged. She had been afraid of him already knowing about the cleansing process. But then again she should have been expecting that. Zurg, after all, knew everything that happened on Planet Z. "Well, yes. It bothers me that it's going to die now. It's like it never had a chance to make a life for itself from the start. It was made, given life, but because it's not what the scientists wanted it's going to be denied that life."

Hearing herself, she was given the impression that she was sounding too righteous about the subject, but it really and honestly bothered her. And looking at Zurg, she was starting to see why it bothered her so much. "I guess it bugs me because it feels like genocide. I know it's not natural and was the first of its kind in the first place but it just feels so inhumane. All it did was exist."

She paused for a moment before asking tentatively, "Can't something be done for it?"

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:44 am