Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Let's See This Freak Show Staff....

Post by Zurg on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:48 pm

And off Jo went. She would hurdle through disgusting pus-filled capsules, discarded food wrappers and garbage, through a trench of slime, and even slide down a steep embankment before she reached her goal: a dark, dank cave of a dead-end where her mission was at end. Something was there in the far back, growling, and the whimpers of grubs could be heard. Teeth, tentacles, vile breath; yes, this was it!

It.

Her.

Final Destination.

Go.

The mutant beast, as that was the best term anyone could come up with, let out a fearsome roar and slapped its tentacles onto the ground in defiance. It goaded her to come at it, taunted. The three grubs were nowhere to be seen, but its glistening, drool-covered teeth were plenty and it issued another low rumble from deep within its slimy body.

What would she do? It hadn't attacked her yet.

((That it is!))
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:40 pm

She finally reached the end, her breaths feeling like they were stuck in her throat. She could hear the grubs whimpering and something growling, right at the edge of the lair. Or at least that's how it sounded like. Sound was compressed in this small chamber, and Jo was finding it hard to move in all the slime.

She couldn't see the creature properly, but she could make out its sharp white teeth in the darkness and the bony spines over its back. She heard its tentacles flap and though they were dark blots in her vision she could faintly make them out.

She raised her blaster, her hand trembling slightly. She didn't know whether to shoot it or not. Not judging people by their appearance was a concept so ingrained in her that she wondered whether this being had been experimented on and had only tried to escape and make a home for itself. She couldn't blame it for wanting freedom. But she reminded herself that it had taken the grubs.

"Give me back the grubs," she said. She didn't know whether it understood speech, but she wouldn't fire unless she was attacked. Probably a foolish move if her assumption was wrong, but just shooting at it felt wrong to her too.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:50 pm

"Grrrrrrrr...." The mutated beast snarled, unfurling its thick, black lips to reveal the very teeth that glinted in the stymied light. It had taken a notice to the gun within her sweaty hand and the creature, running off a similar flight or fight response, stooped its monstrous head and issued another low series of growls and gurgles.

This was its home and it did not take kindly to intruders.

Again, it did not lash out and instead, the beast flexed its claws into the squishy matter and left thick, engraved grooves.

Jo's skin could easily be tattered to pieces with one swipe if she got too close or tried her luck.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:00 am

Jo chewed on her lower lip, looking around. She could hear the grubs, but where were they? The tentacled monster didn't seem to understand what she was saying and was just trying to scare her off or fight, if it came down to a fight.

"Guys, where are you? Did it trap you somewhere? Can you talk or move at all?" It was worth a shot to get the grubs talking. if she could free them and get out of here, no blood would have to be shed.

Despite this, Jo still tried to keep the blaster steady, just in case.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:10 am

"We're over here!" Someone yelled.

Rearing its head back, the beast slithered and slathered to a better position and took roost. From there it lounged back and lifted each of its three, writing tentacles at the base of its muscular body. Lo and behold, the three grubs were safe and sound -- a grub in each tentacle. They didn't seem harmed or hurt, and they simply waved at Jo, happy to see her. The monster released a happy groan and gave a drooling grin, panting delightfully, while the grubs gave it some attention.

"Hey, Jo! You found us!" One exclaimed.

"Yeah! And you found the experiment, too! It's friendly!"

The third grub was too busy scratching the beast's dripping chin, smiling. "It's not so bad, I guess. All it wanted to do was play."

Great, a peaceful mutant on Planet Z. No wonder it ran and hit into the air vents!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 am

Jo sighed in relief. That had been a few tense moments there. "Friendly, huh? Who'd have guessed?" She holstered the gun and approached them cautiously. "I'm glad you guys are safe and sound anyway." She patted some of them on the head and even patted one of the experiment's tentacles.

"What do we do with this friendly monster now?" She wagged a tentacle and wondered whether the brain pods or whoever had commissioned this experiment in the first place would want to trap it again. "It can't stay in the air vents."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:44 am

While Jo was busy patting a mucus-ridden tentacle, the grubs were released from the monster's hold and they readjusted their gear.

"We're just glad it didn't want to eat us."

"Uh-huh; grubs are bad for digestion."

There was a collective giggle from the bug-like minions and they wiggled their antenna about. What should they do with the monster? The mechanic was right that it couldn't remain down here and cause an infestation, but where could it go and how could it remain on Planet Z? At this the grubs were puzzled.

"Well..." One began to speak up, rubbing its chin. "We could... always send it back to the science team."

"Yeah, but... they'll probably cleanse it...."

The beast let out a low, sorrowful groan and laid down like a scolded dog. Could they really cleanse the poor thing...?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:55 am

Jo giggled along with the grubs, but grew tense at the word.... cleanse. Old habits died hard, after all. That almost sounded like they wanted to purify him. But what would that entail?

She patted the beat's head consolingly. "Cleanse? What does cleansing do?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:31 am

Again the monster moaned, but it did lean forward at Jo's coddling. Such nice hands she had! Such nice, rough hands she had...

"Cleansing is a bad, bad thing." The grubs shook themselves like little dogs and sprayed the goop everywhere as they preened. Ick, this goop was bad for their exoskeleton! "It's when the brain pods take failed experiments and melt them back down into paste."

"Yeah, DNA glue." Another added.

Seems this monster didn't have a nice fate awaiting it!

((Blaaaaah, sorry, Jo. I got caught doing a report!))

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Jo shielded her face with a forearm. The grubs dried themselves off like wet dogs! But then the gravity of what the grubs said sunk in. They just melted them back into paste? Just because whatever they had created didn't live up to their expectations?

"But that's so unfair!" Jo protested. "It's not this poor beast's fault for being created. Why can't it have a chance to live like everybody else?" It almost felt like genocide. No, it was genocide. They couldn't do that!

"Well, it can't stay here." She sighed, getting up. She felt her boots squelch and her clothes stuck to her skin from all the sweat and slime. "We need to get out of here. All of us. And then I can talk with Zu--the Evil Emperor. Maybe he can do something."

(( It's alright, but I had to go to bed early. Let's hope we can finish this soon! XD ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Talk with...? The grubs weren't so sure of such a dicey approach, but Jo was the leader in this pack, and as the leader her opinion was higher than theirs. Classic grub pack mentality. All three of the grubs latched onto the mutant beast and held on tight.

"We're ready when you are!" They called out in unison, the monster slipping forth and drooling everywhere.

((Yes, let's finish this soon!))

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:00 pm

"Alright, let's go." Jo nodded. "You guys'll have to tell which way to go, though."

She started down the air vent, trying her hardest not to slip or stumble through all the slime and goop. She couldn't smell anything bad now because by now she'd been down here for so long that she'd gotten used to the bad smell. Of course, her throat and nostrils still felt clogged, but that was besides the point.

They must have been walking for half an hour now, going through twists and turns through the vents, and Jo could only hope that they would reach the end soon. "Are we there yet?" she grumbled.

(( Okay! ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:04 pm

"Keep going." The grubs advised. Talk about a long half hour.

By the time they had reached the first intersection the monster was getting antsy; perhaps from smelling fresh air or hearing noises farther away than they could sense. Whatever it was, the beast was frightened and its body rocked with tremors and whimpers. They only worsened the closer the group reached the breached ventilation shaft, and voices could be heard as well as the sounds of many feet walking, running, and stomping about.

What was out there?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:14 pm

After what felt like another half hour, they were finally close enough to the breached ventilation shaft that they could hear voices and people running around. The beast started getting antsy, and Jo patted its head reassuringly.

"Guys, you stay here with it. I'll go outside and investigate. If pods are there to cleanse it, I'll tell them not to. Alright?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:20 pm

And sure enough, as Jo stepped out, there were brain pods already in extermination gear. They had tanks on their backs filled with lethal poisons, goggles over their eyes, and their usual purple frames were now a stark white with thick rubber pieces around their claws and necks for protection. Hornets were also at their side with their blasters drawn in case anything went awry. The moment they saw Jo emerge all of them nearly released their deadly payload on her.

"Wait, wait! Don't fire, don't FIRE!" 41 came rolling up looking mighty peeved, and the brain pod wheeled back in shock upon seeing Jo covered in goop -- head to toe! "W-What happened to you!? Where are the grubs!? What's going on!?" It demanded. "Where's the loose experiment!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:15 am