Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Let's See This Freak Show Staff....

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Jo woke up, rolling to one side on the mattress, eyes still half-closed. It felt a little weird sleeping on the floor, even though she had a very comfortable mattress, but she felt like she'd overslept. She felt a warmth beside her and wrapped her arms around it, pressing her face into the fur. Shalti shifted in her arms and purred, licking her face with her small tongue.

"Good morning, Shalti," Jo smiled, finally prying her eyes open as she stroked the kitten's fur. "Did you sleep well?"

The cat just yawned, showing off her tiny teeth, then curled up into a ball again, her tail wrapping around herself.

"Oh, so you want to sleep some more. Alright, I'll be quiet." Jo carefully got up, patting Shalti one last time, before she got dressed.

Heeding the dress code, she donned her classic jumpsuit, brushing out her hair and securing it with one of her smaller wrenches. She didn't have a mirror so she'd see if it was alright as soon as she went to the bathroom. She pulled on her boots and tied them up, then strapped her toolbelt on. Along with her tools, she stuffed a tiny emergency kit into a pocket. She wasn't sure what was in it, but Zurg had left it for her, so she would probably be needing it. She also strapped her blaster to her waist. Just in case, Zurg had said, though she still didn't like the idea of carrying a blaster around.

Lastly, she grabbed her PDA. In it, a map of the palace and all the available places to her were detailed out, courtesy of Zurg. He had even left her a lovely little note, and upon reading it she couldn't help but smile. Even though he had to get back to his work and she was left to her own devices today, he had thought of everything!

Hey, Jo, it's me.

I'm sorry I couldn't be with you this morning; something came up regarding a certain neko who thought it cute to wiretap. Anyway, I did come by to leave you a few things! Your PDA is now installed with a map detailing all the interesting and important points around the complex, and I left an emergency kit upon the desk, too. It has fresh food and water (yes, the cubes you are so fond of) along with first aid and power cells. Make sure you don't leave your room without it! You know how I worry excessively...

The minions have also been told (and nicely this time!) to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. Here's to you having a very evil, harm-free day on Planet Z!

Take care,

Big Z

PS: Oh, I almost forgot! I unlocked a few more levels on your PDA, so you should be able to roam around a bit more. As per your request, I banned you from the chambers and halls that would lead you to not-so-nice images. Out of sight, out of mind as they say! Or... is that out of... The moment is lost! Bye, Jo!

PPS: I almost forgot AGAIN. Make sure you go up to Level 7 for breakfast. Chef wishes to see you. Bye again, Jo!

PPPS: I really like PS, lol. Is that the right term...?

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS: Love you lots! And don't make that face! This isn't sappy!

"It so totally is sappy!" she laughed to herself, stuffing the PDA away into another pocket. Zurg was adorable at times. She would have to remember to give him an extra kiss for being so sweet the next time she saw him!

She swiped her card over the panel, then ran back to the desk and grabbed her communicator. She'd nearly forgotten it. The door opened with a whoosh, and she entered into the hallway, the door closing behind her. Shalti had her food, water, and a clean litterbox. Hopefully, Jo would be back by noon to check up on her.

She walked down the hallway and to the elevator. She was glad that the bathroom was only a level above, so the elevator ride was thankfully short. Once she had seen to her bodily needs, she took the elevator again and went up a few more levels. The elevator opened up to reveal another long hall, but this one led to the cafeteria, where Grubs and Brain Pods milled about. She waved at a few, greeting them, then grabbed a tray and got in line. Ugh, cubes. Sure you could choose from several flavors, but it was still cubes! Mushy food that wasn't even real food!

This was going to be a long, long day.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Let's See This Freak Show Staff....

Post by Zurg on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:51 pm

By the time Jo reached the mess hall it was already breakfast time. A voluminous place, the mess hall was much akin to a cafeteria. There were rows of tables, benches, and the rudimentary fixtures such as garbage and condiment carts. Upon the walls were posters with propaganda that said "OBEY!" or "WORK = FUN"; evil overlord nonsense such as that. Brainwashing was a big thing, you know. Further up ahead where Jo needed to go, grubs and brain pods were lined up and orderly with Hornet overseers keeping their stun pikes visible to deter any potentially rowdy minions. They walked up and down the line diligently and the minions didn't dare step out for fear of getting zapped. Talk about ruling with an iron fist!

And due to getting up late, Jo would find herself at the very back of the line, standing behind the rears of over four-hundred minions! A few sharing her tardy fate waved back awkwardly and didn't give much effort to strike up a conversation. They knew who she was, and just who exactly she was with. That alone was enough to keep them at bay. They wanted nothing more than to avoid her like the plague.

Of course, not all minions were created equal and a little grub by the number of 68 stared inquisitively at Jo, its big eyes quivering.

"Are you what they call a girl?" It asked stupidly.

Let it be known that Grub-68 was also fond of spacing out between shifts, netting it the privilege of being a regular on the evil bowling roster.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Jo stood up on her tiptoes, trying to look over the huge line. Her jaw dropped when she saw the number of minions in front of her. Brain pods too! Sure they weren't real brains, but she couldn't begin to imagine how they could eat. How long would she be stuck in this line? If she was going to be stuck in here for hours and get only a few measly cubes for her patience she was not going to be a happy mechanic.

She looked down at the grub that spoke to her, noticing the number 68 on its back. "Oh, hi there! And yep, I'm a girl! Last time I looked I was, at least!" she joked. She was glad that, for once, she hadn't been the one to strike up a conversation with a minion.

"What's your name?" she asked curiously. "Is it 68?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:26 pm

"Oh, so that's a girl." Another grub, the one ahead of 68, turned around with its hardened limbs tucked close to its chest. It looked exactly the same as 68, this one known as 127. And together, the two grubs wiggled their antennas and felt Jo's leg up and down. At least from her ankle to knee. Jo would no doubt feel a light, tickling sensation as a result -- like little buggy kisses~!

Except dirtier.

They finally finished their inspection of this girl and backed away, their heads tilting in the same direction at the same time.

"You smell stinky." Ah, Jo was going to love grubs.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:37 pm

It didn't reply, but another grub popped into the conversation. And then they both started tickling her with their antennae. She knew they were smelling her, but it tickled all the same. "Hey, stop that! That tickles!"

Once they reached their verdict, Jo wrinkled her nose and sniffed an armpit. She smelled clean enough. She'd showered just yesterday and hadn't done anything to break into a sweat. It was probably a bug thing, wasn't it?

"Can't win 'em all!" She shrugged her shoulders, then smiled. "You're kind of stinky to me too, but I think you're cute. Where do you two work?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:03 am

They watched Jo sniff herself in fascination, straightening their backs. And they took this sudden fascination and sniffed their own underarms to copy her. Clearly they had found something piquing their little, buggy interests and when they were done sniffing they returned their gaze back onto her in unison.

"Did we just greet you in your kind's way, girl?" One asked, antennas twitching while the other nodded for support.

Being grubs and thus socially awkward at some things, they didn't know how to take being called 'cute' and they rubbed their hands to produce a little friction and warmth. "We both work in the Dreadnaught. We're operators."

"Yeah, we serve in His Evilness' evil Dreadnaught of evil." At this again they both nodded.

While the conversation kept the otherwise boring morning from being unbearable, the line had barely moved several feet! About ten minions had already gotten their portion and it was just as Jo had feared -- those space cubes that accounted for food in the future. Yum!

Back to the grubs, 68 grew a little bold and tugged on Jo's pant leg. "What do you do, girl?"

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:18 am

Jo blinked at them, then suddenly realized why they had copied her. "Oh, no!" She laughed. "No, we usually greet people like this." And she took one of their hands and shook it. "We don't have to shake hands all the time, but that's the customary way we greet each other."

When she heard that they worked in the dreadnaught she was reminded of the single venture she'd had in it last time. She hoped sometime before she had to leave they could try skydiving again!

She stood up on tiptoe again, sighing in aggravation. The line had barely moved an inch!

But she looked back down at 68 when he tugged on her pant leg. "Me? I'm a mechanic. I build machines and robots and repair stuff for a living."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:23 am

"Oh." The grubs responded dryly to her occupation. They were both naturally taken back by the handshake, but a smile soon creased their mandibles and the grubs eagerly bounced up and down at the motions. With a giggle (making sure that the Hornets were not around, of course) the grubs clung to her pant legs and looked up at her with their glistening, opaque eyes.

"Mechanic? We have lots of those." 127 remarked.

"Yeah." 68 nodded, antennas wiggling. "We mean what you really do here."

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:36 am

Jo smiled down at them. They were just too cute. And her jumpsuit was already soiled, so she didn't really mind them clinging to her like that. "Yeah, Zurg told me there are a lot of mechanics here. Do you know where I can find them?" She would like to meet them later.

And then came that question. "Oh! I'm just visiting! I'm not really, erhm, doing anything special here.... ehehe...." She sniffed herself again, more discreetly this time, and wondered just what the grubs could smell on her.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:44 am

"Down in Robotics and Engineering."

The line had moved another paltry few feet, and this time more minions were able to sit down and enjoy their... well, whatever it was they were eating. Both grub and brain pod alike must have been used to the cuisine on Planet Z as none of them seemed to mind; they were all engulfed in their own conversations and gossiping. So long as they got their nutrients who was to complain?

"Just... visiting?" This phrase was strange to the grubs, for who would visit an insufferable place such as Planet Z? Who? The girl was pulling their grubby little legs, she had to be. "Why are you just visiting?" They asked, tugging on her hands now.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:50 am

"Oh, thank you." She'll have to find the level on her map after breakfast.... if this line ever picked up and she got the chance to eat lovely, delicious.... cubes. Somehow, Jo felt like she was not missing out on food.

Jo had to grip her tray in one hand after they started to tug on her arms. "I'm visiting because Zurg's stuck here for three weeks. He asked me whether I wanted to spend time with him on Planet Z during his arrest and I said yes."

She bit on her lip. She wondered whether they had known about the arrest or not and whether she shouldn't have said anything.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:56 am

Gasp. What had she said...?

Almost immediately all the minions within earshot spun around with a snap to eye the mechanic, gasping. They even backed away with one, unified step and their eyes were huge! "Y-You said h-his name without the proper titles!" 68 squeaked, its knees racking against themselves and the grub shielding its face with its weak arms.

"Y-Yeah!" 127 gulped. "You never say his name without the proper titles!"

But a brain pod spoke up, waving a cable-like arm. "Yo, new girl!" It called out, the number 24. "Did you just say that the Evil Emperor is under arrest?"

That certainly got the minions talking amongst themselves and the Hornets were just as dumbfounded.

They hadn't known at all!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:06 am

Jo was a little surprised at their reaction to her not calling Zurg by his title. Cosmos, he sure had these guys under a tight leash. Better not tell them that she didn't even call him Zurg when they spoke directly to each other.

But the brain pod's exclamation got the minions to mutter amongst themselves even more. Jo really had to be careful of what she said to them.

"He gave himself in," she said quickly. "And was given planetary arrest as a punishment." Quick, quick, think of something to fix the situation. "He did it on purpose because he wanted the opportunity to cook up one of his evil schemes! Since everyone knows he's on Planet Z they won't think that he's the one behind his diabolically nefarious plot~!"

Hopefully that would prevent them from spreading the news of his arrest like a disease.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:08 am

But it was too late. All the minions who heard were now furiously texting into their PDAs, Jo's little blab about Zurg's business spreading like wildfire. And even though there was a collective sigh of relief and nod at Jo's quick thinking, the damage had been done. All of Planet Z knew about the Evil Emperor's run in with the law and something vibrated in her pocket.

The PDA.

Uh-oh.

"You going to answer that?" The grubs squeaked, peeking through their trembling arms.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:11 am

Craterscraterscraterscraters.

"Uh...." She pulled out the PDA, a Z insignia winking on and off on her screen repeatedly. She wondered who was calling her, then pretty much figured who it was already.

She prepared herself for the worst as she pressed a button to read the text.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:38 am