Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Need a lift

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:48 pm

“Well, that was incredibly stupid of me,” Xiao muttered. She was so tired yesterday that she forgot to ask for directions to the Palace of the Winds, especially when Lord pretty hair Vaati had been so nice to offer her a place there. He did say he’ll conjure up a gust of wind so she presume she’ll just ride it in squirrel form….but where exactly is the wind going to be and more importantly, how will Lord pretty hair Vaati know where she is to pick her up?!

To solve the problem, she came up with the ingenious idea of laying large heavy rocks around a clearing, spelling out the giant words of ‘Lord Pretty Hair’ wait, wait, wait, rearrange that! ‘Lord Vaati, Xiao is here’ and lit a fire so that the smoke could catch his attention. He lives in the sky! So he must be able to spot her!

And no, it did not occur to the scatterbrain that she could just make her way back to the sanctuary and ask more directions there.

She sneezed and shivered, coiling her tail around her tightly before shuffling closer to the fire. She had made her way to the forest, climbed into the first tree hole she could find in squirrel form and literally fell asleep before her head hit the wood. “Augh,” she whined, stamping her feet to keep them warm. It was so cold she very almost drifted into a hibernation sleep throughout the night. “China wasn’t this cold!... Well it was but I always slept through it and there were always my brothers and sisters to keep me warm in the den.”

At the mention of her family, she flattened her ears. Will they find her here? She had scraped her name onto every other tree she came across in the forest because she knew, without a doubt, that they will always make their way to the forest if they do arrive. If they see her name on the bark of the trees then they’ll know she’s here! Oh what she wouldn’t do for another tail to wrap around her since evidently her own isn’t big enough to keep her cosy! A nice tail like mother’s…

“Gah!” she smacked herself across the cheek. Stop worrying and thinking about sad things! They’ll find her but only if she stayed alive…. And she didn’t know if she’ll still be alive if she waited any longer like this. She was sure she’ll freeze to death here. What? Overdramatic? Well… maybe a little…fine, a lot!

She chucked another log into the fire as she suddenly realised why the wizard haven’t showed up yet.

“He couldn’t spot me from the sky! I need a bigger fire and more rocks to make the words bigger!”
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Re: Need a lift

Post by Vaati on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Eyebat bobbled in front of Vaati, it's wings flapping and single eye looking towards the balcony like it wished it had hands to point there. Vaati, who had been strolling through his palace, bored and sulking as usual, followed his loyal pet to the balcony. "Hm, what could that be..." He frowned. Below them on the wooded hillside was a stream of smoke, and beneath the trees it seemed as if there were rocks arranged in what Vaati could make out his name.

With a gust of wind the sorcerer teleported down to the ground to see the pretty girl that he ad offered to stay at the palace. Something about her reminded him of a Minish, but she was certainly not. And she had magical power, so she could prove useful to him!

"Xiao Xiao, greetings~" He bowed to her. "What is this?" He asked, curiously looking at the giant words and bonfire.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Her hair and robes fluttered in the sudden gust of wind, making her confused as to which one to rescue. Hair or clothes? Hair or clothes? Hair or… oh Lord Vaati! And voila, the squirrel managed to greet the pretty hair lord in a not very pretty state, with hair a mess and skirts askew. How does the wizard’s hair fall so immaculately in place after such a big gust of wind was beyond her understanding.

She puffed at a strand of hair dangling in her face then tucked it behind an ear, figuring she’ll probably be even more messy looking by the time she made it to the palace – if Vaati’s method of travel was anything to go by.

"Xiao Xiao, greetings~"
    “Ah!” she scrambled to bow back, “Greetings!”

"What is this?"
    “This? I didn’t know how you could find me since you live so high up,” she explained, looking up into the sky to see if she can catch a glimpse of this mysterious palace. “So I thought if I spelt your name in really big letters and burn something, you’ll notice!”

And she looked so proud of her plan too!

“I was very rude yesterday and forgot to ask for directions so I didn’t know how to reach your palace or when or where you’re going to send the wind to pick me up.”
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:03 pm

"Ah, not at all, I should have brought you to the palace rather than letting you walk off. Would like a gust to reach the palace?" Vaati offered. She had said she could fly if she had some wind below her wings. If she chose to live at the palace after seeing it, he could give a wind summoning flute.

"Or, if you'd prefer, I can teleport you there, of course." He added, with a smile.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:21 pm

“I would like to try flying – it sounds like fun - though…” she turned and picked up the sack of books and zither that got teleported into Breach with her. “I have some things I wanted to take with me and I don’t think I can fly with them.”

She smiled sweetly and hopefully, “Can I be teleported instead?”

Aaah, she hopes the trees and gardens in the palace are pretty~ What does a palace look like? She heard of them but never seen them.
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:26 pm

"Certainly~" Vaati said, following her gaze to the books. He could teleport them as well, and with a wave of his hand he took both Xiao Xiao and her belongings up to the palace floating above them.

To simplify the transportation of her possessions, he took them directly to the room he'd picked for her. It was a bright room with a door leading to an outer balcony, and both the balcony and the room was overgrown. Vaati didn't know what had happened to cause these plants in here, but since he rarely used most of the rooms in the palace he hadn't bothered to worry about the ones that had mysterious filled with plantlife while he was dead.

Somehow this room even had a tree growing it in. How trees could grown in and on and a palace was a mystery to Vaati, but they seemed to flourish. He suspected magic was involved... or Garden was taking care of them.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:54 am

She blinked and suddenly they were in a purple room, making her drop all her belongings in shock until the smell of trees and plants hit her nose. “Is this my room?” she asked a bit redundantly, taking a few steps forward as if this was all an illusion and she’ll suddenly step on the bonfire she was previously in front of. But no, all she felt was the purple floor tiles. “There’s a tree in my room?” she asked, again, redundantly.

:spleee:

“There’s a TREE in my room!” she cried excitedly then poof, she was in squirrel form, running around in mad circles chattering like there were several squirrels in the room instead of one. She ran up the tree, she dived into the bushes, she leaping on the bed and then disappeared out into the balcony before reappearing back in the room again to run more mad circles into the floor.

She poofed back into human form and glomped the wizard before the thought of him probably not liking it crossed her mind. “Thank you, Lord pretty hai-VAATI!”

She would had spun him around the room too but he’ll probably liked that even less than being glomped so she just ran excitedly around the tree instead.
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:14 pm

Vaati blinked, stepping back an inch as Xiao suddenly started to race around the room, changing her form into a squirrel and behaving very much like one. He had a moment of wondering if bringing her hear was a good idea or not... ah, but she had magic power, and that was what he was after. Once she was stone she wouldn't be running around like that, hmmhmmhmm~

"Yes, yes, I'm glad you like it." He smiled. "Please, make yourself at home. If you are hungry, the kitchen is located in the basement, you will find the Garden there and they will prepare you something to eat. Try not to... climb around on them, though." He added.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:44 am