Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: When the demon's away, the angels will play! [Tag: Zurg]

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:56 am

"JO!" Zurg gasped, his eyes trailing her fall.

Sensing its creator's distress X'ngtaat lashed out with a tentacle and snatched Jo up like a grape dropped onto a tongue, rolling the mechanic in and away from the grinding machinery. It obviously loved the reaction it had gotten and the machine sparked with another mechanized laugh. X'ngtaat even began unwinding the mechanic up and down like a yo-yo, perhaps wishing to get her sick or worse, pop off her little head.

Let the records know, however, that the Evil Emperor's face was positively glowering and he shook all over with barely-contained anger. "X'NGTAAT!!" He literally snapped, the robot startled at his sudden outburst. Zurg marched right on up to the shocked machine and he forcefully yanked the scared Jo away and to safety. "Are you okay, Jo? I am so, so, so sorry." He did his best to straighten Jo out, fixing her clothing and gently parting the hair out of her face. Poor Jo looked absolutely livid! Why, she looked so spooked that the Evil Emperor had to give her a tight hug and whisper into her ear that it was all right.

Oh, he was mad.

Zurg pulled away from Jo when he thought her capable to stand up, and the Evil Emperor whirled to face his ungrateful machine. "X'NGTAAT!" He shouted again, his dual-toned voice rising.

The machine jerked again and sank closer to the ground, knowing it was in trouble.

"Don't you EVER pull another stunt like that on Jo again! EVER!" He barked for reiteration, the robot giving a little whimper and trying to curl its tentacles around itself protectively. It even seemed to shiver, but that didn't lessen Zurg's wrath. "Now, you come over here and apologize at once to Jo! What you did was not acceptable! Get over here, X'ngtaat. NOW!"

It grudgingly peeked through a bundle of tentacles and dimmed its lone eye, shivering.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:13 am

Jo didn't see her eyes flash before her eyes or anything like they always went on and on about in books and stories. Jo just prepared herself for a world of hurt and screwed her eyes shut, making a small, congested-sounding cry when she felt a jerk.... and realized she was still alive. The robot had caught her before she could be ground into meat fit enough for a burrito.

But Jo's relief was short-lived. X'ngtaat proceeded to swing her around like a stress-relief ball or something and the mechanic was already tasting her breakfast in the back of her throat. It didn't help that the robot kept dangling her closer to the shears, then higher, then even more closer to the shears.

But thank the cosmos and everything in it that Zurg intervened and pulled her to safety. Jo was still dizzy and feeling sick from all the swinging and couldn't return the hug. When she opened her mouth, she didn't speak but burp, and she quickly closed her mouth shut and swallowed, willing herself not to throw up.

Oh cosmos, she didn't think that an apology would really work in this situation. it might make the robot even more mad. And why wouldn't the world stop spinning, augh?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:52 am

Oh, no, Jo was going to blow chunks all over the floor! And Zurg was going to let the readers know; nothing was worse than the smell of fresh vomit. Thinking quickly, the Evil Emperor spun around in place a bit, panicking, and grabbed the best thing he could find.

"Here, here! Use this! Don't go on the floor!" He urged, placing a beat up, dinged bucket in her hands. This was probably the fabled janitor's bucket--and if you knew the history of Planet Z, there was no janitor. Spooky. That said, he wiped his forehead at the situation avoided and he scowled at his little machine. "You still need to apologize." He grumbled again, shaking that finger. "I don't appreciate you doing that to Jo! You can do that to my minions (Lawrence excluded) but not to Jo. Do I make myself clear?"

With a small whimper X'ngtaat huddled closer and sought forgiveness, feeling upset. It was probably moping that it had received such a scolding, so it wasn't fooling him! He knew all the tricks in the books. All of them.

"Augh, I'm sorry, Jo." Zurg rubbed her back, hoping she'd feel better. "X'ngtaat was always the more playful of the AIs, so I guess it's not her fault. I did program her to appreciate the suffering of others and like it. Her namesake, after all. I was just hoping that she would know better--" The Evil Emperor shot the machine a glare before turning back to the mechanic. "--but apparently I was sorely mistaken. Are you all right? You haven't said a word since and you're probably shaken up!"

((Holy pulsars, I'm coasting. Going to bed, so good night, Jo!))

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:22 am

Jo swallowed, managing to force the food down. "Thanks," she wheezed, taking the dented bucket, though she didn't plan on using it. But you never knew. She was still feeling dizzy enough and if you had to go you just had to go. But that would be an embarrassing feat on her first day....

Her first day and already she had narrowly escaped from death's clutches twice!

"It's alright," she hiccuped. Oh wow, where had that come from? But the back-rubbing was helping her feel better. "I mean, not many can boast they narrowly avoided being ground into mincemeat, right?" she joked.

But then his words began to sink in. "She's an AI?" She remembered that he hated them, though employed them when necessary like with the Flea. "Her name means suffering?" That was such a strange name to give an AI. She wondered what he had named the rest of his AIs now with....

Her eyes widened a fraction. "You have more?" Well, she certainly hadn't been expecting that. She envisioned an army of X'ngtaats and her eye twitched.

(( I'm close to collapsing too. Good night! XD ))
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Zurg just laughed at Jo's sudden shock, finding her pale face dreadfully amusing. "Of course I have more, my dear! They are my children, after all! Pieces of myself! For, you see..." He began most evilly, gliding away from Jo to lean against X'ngtaat. "Unlike the AIs of outsiders where they are nothing more than cold hard numbers, my AIs are literally pieces of..." Wait for it.

"...me." He drew out a slow smile. "X'ngtaat, my dear, since you can't seem to apologize why don't you show Jo how you work. Go on. Show Daddy what you have today~!"

With a playful shriek of static X'ngtaat hopped up onto its tentacles and crawled over to the center like a giant, metal spider. The image was surely to cause nightmares. It sank itself into a little dipping alcove in the middle of the floor and connected each tentacle into a port, the command consoles flickering on and flashing numerous images at nearly the speed of light. Once it was settled in a metal column groaned up above and lowered downwards, latching itself to the top of X'ngtaat's body and locking it in place. And because X'ngtaat had connected itself into the network directly the machines began to take on a mind of their own. The more electrical static that arced across X'ngtaat's body and traveled up a central column the faster the machines spewed out robots; and not just the basic Hornet model. With X'ngtaat at the helm, the machine could produce whatever robot model it wanted at the drop of a hat.

"Hm, hm, hm." Zurg chuckled as he watched his girl work, rubbing his hands evilly at all the robots being produced. "That's my girl~! Show Jo how a professional does it!" The Evil Emperor cackled and whisked himself away to one of the command consoles surrounding the working X'ngtaat. On it was a new make of Hornet complete with vast upgrades: thicker plating, a more advanced targeting AI, and even increased resistance to magically-imbued attacks! Oh, this just made his wicked heart flutter!

"Ohoho, X'ngtaat you've been a very, very bad girl. Transfer these improvised plans to the comm center. I'd like to beam these to Lawrence when I get the chance." He cooed lovingly to the AI.

With a sudden spark X'ngtaat did exactly what he had asked, the screen already transferring the data to somewhere else on Planet Z. Very good! Seeing that everything was in order even in his absence, the Evil Emperor took a side near Jo and started to explain.

"As you can see, my AIs are kept to specific functions. Where you saw the grubs regulating the resources to be used and the brain pods making sure the machines in the previous chambers were operating, X'ngaat is the true driving force behind my robots factory. She has the ultimate say as to how many robots are created and what they are made with. Even upgrades, as you saw. In short, she's Daddy's little girl~!" He tilted his head and clasped his hands to the side of his face in adoration for the hard-working machine.

Suddenly X'ngtaat released another shriek, but this one didn't sound as hostile or angry. The machine itself could not move when in work, so it used its eye shutter. With a quick open-close dialogue, X'ngtaat began to communicate.

"Oh?" And it worked as Zurg knew exactly what it was saying. "You sure you deserve it? I don't know, X'ngtaat. After what you did to Jo wasn't something I'd reward you." He crossed his arms, and yes, he was still wagging that scolding finger. "Why should I?"

But X'ngtaat would prove to be filled with surprises and one of the consoles flickered with a new design. A new armour design. "Ooooh, what is this~?" The Evil Emperor leaned above it, gripping the sides with his eager talons. "A surprise, you say? My, X'ngtaat, you've been holding out on me~! Okay. I'll give you a crate, but you make sure to budget this, you hear? Budgeting is important." He said fatherly.

Reaching up to yank a lever within arms-reach, the Evil Emperor cranked it down and the sound of giant locks above echoed with a deep, reverberating click. Soon a crane came into view, pushing past the smoke and fire, and it swung a heavy package towards their location. And with that package came a most revolting smell.

THUD! The package was dropped just meters away, dust once again sifting into the air, and Jo would most likely have to cover her nose. Yuck, such a disgusting stench! Zurg didn't seem to be bothered, of course, as he had naturally taken a deep breath half an hour ago. With a gesture he permitted the machine to go on ahead.

One of X'ngtaat's clawed tentacles unhooked itself and latched itself onto the crate's top, lifting it up and away, towards the sparking machine. A compartment above the eye slid away, revealing a ravenous gaping furnace, and it was this that gave the machine its red glowing eye. It gave a good shake to the crate and what appeared to be organic garbage spilled out and into X'ngtaat itself. Tremendous flashes and plumes of embers were common reactions as the garbage met with the incinerating temperature of the machine and a burnt smell wafted through the air--which was still plenty nauseating.

X'ngtaat was apparently eating.

"Remember what I said about budgeting." Zurg reminded.

The machine complied without resistance and set the half-full crate down, its sparking fiercer than before and the conveyor belts pumping out robots much faster. Nothing like a little pick-me up, eh?

"That's my girl~! You be evil now, you hear? And try to keep out of your siblings' doings. I don't want to hear you all squabbling!" The Evil Emperor rolled his eyes with an exasperated sigh and started to walk away. They could leave the AI alone for now. She was busy working! Whenever Jo was ready, he would be waiting for her on a platform, the controls already within his palm.

"This way, Jo." He motioned for her to join him. "You should see this. I guarantee that it shall wow you~!"

As if nothing hadn't wowed Jo already...

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Well, huh. Jo was almost tempted to ask whether that meant they were her children now too, but she decided not to lest she anger X'ngtaat again and make the robot dangle her over molten metal next. But she did find what Zurg said next interesting. They were all parts of him? Did that mean that each AI reflected a different aspect of his personality? X'ngtaat had already been proven to revel in the suffering of others, even her own creator's suffering. Jo wondered how many more AIs he had stored away and what aspects of his personality those reflected.

She watched in amazement as X'ngtaat connected herself to the main system and began to churn out more and more robots, and not just the typical Hornet, either. They were robots of different make and as crisp and shiny as any robots ought to be. Jo followed Zurg over to the command console to see a better schematic of the typical Hornet. This newer version still looked similar to the previous model, but has better armor and weapons and was even magic-resistance. Jo chewed on her lower lip. It seemed that X'ngtaat was not only the one in charge of building robots. She was also the one who designed them.

Jo listened as Zurg explained what she had just deduced, then watched them speak to each other. Zurg understood X'ngtaat's shrieks perfectly and rewarded her for her efforts. The mechanic had to quickly pinch her nose at the putrid smell that rose from the crate. She watched X'ngtaat snatch the crate up and swallow up have of the organic refuse, which gave her a sudden burst of power and speed. Jo was about to ask how X'ngtaat could even consume organic anything when she realized that the robot had its own built-in furnace and simply burned it away like fuel.

Jo glanced down at the command console, wondering whether the armor design was still there. But it wasn't, so she followed after Zurg. "What else will wow me besides your little girl wowing me already?" Jo glanced back at X'ngtaat one last time and wondered whether she would see her again. If she did, Jo hoped she wouldn't be attacked again.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Zurg could only chuckle at Jo's question, gripping the handrails that sprang up. "You'll see, my dear. You'll see." He replied to her with a mysterious air.

The platform suddenly sunk with a jolt and lowered in a controlled manner, the level holding the working X'ngtaat rising above their heads. Jo would see levels in-between levels; levels of fire, pistons, oiled machinery groaning. The very levels of Zurg's underground. A world within a world. The smell alone was suffocating and the heat intensified. Smog, ash, smoke; Jo would no doubt be coughing, her eyes watering. It was also dark, the only lighting from the flames and the molten metal splashing, sparks acting as her daylight.

And the lower they got into this hell the louder the pounding sound from below shook the platform.

She could now see the conveyor belts carrying fully-assembled robots through peeks. First she would see them getting their coat of paint, the sprays sounding like torrents of water when fired, and then the next level depicted a cruel factory line of automated claws. They ripped off the robot heads first, installing chips and circuitry, before forcing them back on. And if any robot was found to be defective after going through a scanner it was immediately yanked off the line ripped to shreds, the pieces falling onto another conveyor belt. It no doubt led to the first chamber, where the bubbling vats of metal were. What was worse than seeing robots killed before even going online was seeing the automated screens. They each depicted X'ngtaat's ominous red eye and as the two passed through they swiveled to face them and the shutter slowly twisted to a slit.

I see you, Jo. I see you.

Fortunately they cleared the level quickly, passing through the darkness once again. The pounding sound was loud as ever, drowning out the cries of saws and the slamming of hammers. Light was even beginning to peek through and just as Jo thought she had seen the worst... it had yet to come.

For now, however, they reached a level where the finished robots were now online and fully functional. They marched proudly in their neat, even lines like little soldiers. And when they noticed the Evil Emperor they swiveled their heads as one in an inhuman motion and kept their faces trained upon him until they marched off their platforms. It was like watching faithful soldiers salute their general, and the Evil Emperor was pleased to see his robotic minions goosestep without so much as a desire to be free. His kind of minion.

But they didn't waste long at this stage and the platform lowered deeper, towards the last level that it could reach. The worst was coming, and the Evil Emperor could only smile the thought.

A bright, fuzzy light from below swallowed them both and when Jo would blink, her eyes adjusting, she would see that they were now in a massive, vast chamber. It had to have gone on for at least a mile or more in both length and width! She would tell now that they were underground and the metal was cool and sterile. But all that was just meaningless empirical detail! The real 'wow' she had been seeking was all over the floor.

They were all over the floor.

Robots, thousands of them. Possibly a million! Hornets, Beetles, Weevils, all makes were there. The entire floor below was teeming with neatly stored robots and they waited there, like in storage. From beginning to end they were left in neat rows, and there stacks upon stacks going vertically. Literal levels upon levels in this massive underground facility.

What was this place...? And why did Zurg have so many robots...? The Evil Emperor held out his arms, soaking in the sheer awe that was his operation.

"Are you wowed yet, Jo? Or do you need more convincing." He grinned smugly at her, hoping to have the desired reaction he sought.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Jo gripped the railing as they sank into the ground, and she caught a last look at X'ngtaat fiddling with some controls before they were swallowed up and out of sight. The heat began to build around them, the air almost suffocating. She choked on it, coughing profusely, and wondered whether she should have invested in an oxygen mask. All around them Jo could see more fire, more minions slaving away, but they were mere glimpses as they descended into darkness.

The next level they descended into was one step closer to making the Hornets the robots Jo was more familiar with. They were given brains and paint-jobs, and any defunct robot was tossed aside to be recycled. And X'ngtaat, though no longer with them, surveyed it all, her single red eye all over the screens watching, waiting, inspecting, scrutinizing. Jo swallowed and subconsciously drifted closer to Zurg. There weren't many things Jo was afraid of, but she had decided that X'ngtaat was somewhere very high up on her short list. And after what happened earlier, Jo felt like the AI might have it out for her now.

But they soon cleared that level. The next one had Zurg's army of robots march along, and Jo stiffened when their heads turned towards them, wondering whether they disapproved of her presence. But then she realized that it was a salute for Zurg and relaxed. She looking around the corner longingly as both the robots marched off and they continued lower, descending into another level. She reallt wanted to know what Zurg was going to do with all these robots.

And if she thought the marching robots were a lot, she'd be completely blown away with the final level. Zurg spread his arms proudly out to row upon row of robots, stacked all together neatly into the gigantic warehouse of sorts. "Are you wowed yet, Jo? Or do you need more convincing?" he asked.

A little dumbstruck, Jo nodded, mouth hanging open as she looked around slowly, trying to take it all in. "I'm wowed." She grinned, laughing a little. "I'm definitely wowed."

She walked forwards a little, looking around her in awe. Robots, everywhere! They were of every make and size! Yellow, red, blue, purple; big ones, small ones, some that could fit into the palm of her hands and others that towered overhead like colossuses.

"This is just so cool!" she said eagerly, soaking it all in like she was a little schoolgirl let into a toystore. She made pleased gasps, running here, running there, just getting better looks at them all and squealing happily. Oh, how she wanted to get her hands on some blueprints. Or maybe tackle one of these big boys herself and start taking him apart bit by bit and put him back together again to see how their inner workings were like.

"This is amazing!" She ran back to Zurg and jumped him with a bone-crushed hug, wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his shoulders. "Thank you so much for showing me all this! Is this where the tour ends? It can't be! I want to see their inner workings! How do they function? Do they use positronic brains or what? Bare-boned basic core processors? What!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:11 pm

Yep, that got Jo's eyes to lit up like a child's in a candy story. Yuck, candy. But who was he to spoil her fun? Zurg simply watched Jo scatter about like a grub on a cake high and if the mechanic even so much as wanted to do a cartwheel she could have. It's not like he would mind, anyway. He was far too happy to see her happy! And a happy Jo was a huggy Jo, and the man soon found himself in a tight squeeze, his ribcage condensing due to cartoon physics. As if his waist wasn't skinny as it is!

"Okay, okay! I get it!" He tried to speak, wheezing. "You love me oodles and want to express it by crushing my lungs!" Suddenly, questions. Errwhere. Zurg just blinked dumbfounded at her tech talk and he gave a shaky laugh. "I'm sure the brain pods would love it if you talked dirty to them, but I can't tell you a thing! A magician never tells his secrets, you know~!" Some tricks of the trade were just too delicate, or lengthy, to speak of in one day!

If Jo would ever have a moment to let go and follow, the Evil Emperor started to explain some various models. "You already know the basic models such as the Hornets and Beetles, so let me introduce you to a few personal favourites." He motioned for her to come over and see. "This is the Hyper-Hornet. I used it to take over the Tangean throne temporarily~! Ah, good times, good times." Zurg rubbed his hands together evilly while recalling fond memories. "It's specially outfitted to resist that pesky Tangean ghosting and its completely equipped to neutralize anything that gets into its way! Well, save for Buzz Lightyear and Ranger Nova. You will find that Lightyear defeats all my little toys. To the next one!"

Zurg walked on over to another holding platform, this one a bit away due to the grandiose of the chamber. "And this is the Mega-Hornet. I wasn't too thrilled on its design, personally, but they said it was travel efficient. Not quite as sinister as the Hyper-Hornet but it packs quite a punch! I used it to terrorize Jo-Ad and smash a few houses and silos. Also good times. It was defeated by Buzz Lightyear and Ranger Booster." He concluded before turning away to find another showcase.

After the Mega-Hornet was a real beasty of a machine. Towering over most buildings, this unit wasn't like the others. "Ahhh, my Grande-Hornet." Zurg sighed fondly. "It was truly an avatar of evil if I ever saw. With this magnificent tool of destruction I could level cities and make governments topple to my will in a day! I used it to capture a scientist, Professor Reddschift. OF course, I was thwarted -again- by Lightyear and his team. Apparently Venti is taller than Grande. Who knew?" Boy did the grubs get a good reaming that day.

"Of course..." Zurg began, walking deeper through the fields of robots and horrible war machines. "What kind of evil overlord would I be if I didn't learn from my mistakes? Observe." He stepped aside dramatically. "The Ultra-Hornet. Not as big as Venti, but who cares!?" The Evil Emperor snorted indignantly. "With this monstrosity I single-handedly crushed those pathetic Portal Breachers! For once I, the Evil Emperor Zurg, triumphed over good! Twenty-two murders at once! AHAHAHAH! Or, was that twenty-one... Oh, well!" He shrugged, the moment lost. "This is really the sister Ultra-Hornet. The first model self-destructed."

And there Jo had it. All of the Evil Emperor's little babies all in one place. It was truly an honour, to be sure, for who could boast that they were allowed to a journey into the depths of a madman's hell? Not even Zurg's minions were allowed in here!

But, that said... this place wasn't without its secrets. Jo was a smart girl; in the back of the chamber, barely visible, was something massive. Truly massive. Bigger than the Ultra-Hornet, larger than the Grande-Hornet, and even more imposing than Venti And whatever it was was draped in a gigantic sheet. It kind of looked like a piece of unused furniture, but Jo knew better.

There was something evil under there... Something Zurg wasn't revealing.

"Ah, well. That's it!" He clapped happily, turning to her. "Had your fill, Jo? I'd reckon you want to tear every single robot in here to nubbins, but we simply don't have the time. I need to get back and oversee a few tasks. Always on a schedule, you know!"

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:42 pm

"As if I could ever crush your lungs," Jo joked, but she did release her hold on him--after giving his cheek a kiss, of course. Didn't want him to think that she crushed his ribcage without giving him rewards for his patience. "And alright, I understand. Trade secrets and all that. You can't give me details. But tell me what the robots are, at least! Pleaaaaase!"

And her pleas did not go unheard. As soon as she had released him he walked forwards and began to show off some of the more interesting models. A Hyper-Hornet that just looked like a larger and bulkier Hornet, a Mega-Hornet that had a killer color scheme but wasn't crazy about the design herself, and a Grande-Hornet that towered over all the the rest.

Yep, Jo was wowed again. And predictably all had been overcome by Buzz and his team. "Wait, if Buzz defeated all these robots, how come they're here and still in one piece? Did you mass produce them or repair them?" She wondered whether he help them as keepsakes or whether he ever planned to use them again. And for what.... The Ultra-Hornet too, was massive, bulky and deadly. She remembered all of those people dying, and though she remembered that she had supported him back then, she knew he was proud of the mass murder mayhem he had caused and didn't comment on it.

But she did notice the massive thing hidden beneath a large sheet. She'd noticed it before and had been hoping for him to reveal whatever it was at the end of the explanation and was disappointed to see him all ready to go. "It was great! I wish we could stay a little longer! But.... Big Z, before we go." She tugged on his arm and pointed to the indistinct shape. "What's that under there?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:04 am

"Oh, a good question!" He tapped her nose. She was always one step ahead! "These are, indeed, second editions. I had made back-ups once the originals were produced. You know, just in case." It never hurt to be prepared in this line of work. That said, the Evil Emperor flinched as Jo had taken an interest to the hidden machination in the back and Zurg quickly stepped in her path before the mechanic could venture any further.

"T-That? Oh, that's n-nothing~!" He stuttered. It didn't take a genius to know a lie when they heard it, but Zurg shook his head and tried to play it off. "Trust me, Jo. You don't want to see what's back there. Nope! It's just, uh, parts and... useless tidbits...?" He ended on an unsure note, tapping a tooth. Craters, he wasn't very good at hiding the truth from Jo, was he?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:27 am

Jo scrunched her nose up, but grinned. "Just in case what? Just in case you need to conquer anything again?" she teased, clasping her hands behind her back.

But he was adamant in not letting her see what was behind that curtain. "Aw, come on! Not even a tiny peek? Pretty please? With popcorn shrimp on the side?" She clasped her hands together and tried to make her face look cute. Even though he always said the grubs tried the puppy eye look on him and he never relented.

"Or if you can't show me, could you at least tell me what mission you used it in and how Buzz destroyed it?" she asked on another note. If she couldn't see it, she could at least learn a little about it so she wouldn't be in the dark.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 am

"A-Ah, you could very well, uh, say that, y-yes~!" Vapour trail! Jo wasn't going to leave it alone! Whenever the mechanic got that look in her eye he just knew the woman was going to be persistent about it. Persistent for the entire three weeks, if she wanted. Zurg rubbed the back of his neck with an uncomfortable hand. Euuugh, the cute face. That never worked on him! Never!

But... he supposed he could part with some information. Some harmless information. It wouldn't hurt, right? He trusted Jo to keep mum.

"Okay, okay. I'll relent, but just this once." He lowered his voice and looked over his shoulders with narrowed eyes before glancing back. "Okay, so there's this place that I want to conquer... It starts with a 'P'... And I'm going to strike fear into the hearts of everyone in a way they will never imagine~! There. You got spoiled. Now, shoo!" The Evil Emperor started to gently push her away, back to the direction of the platform.

His reason? "I am behind schedule now!"

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:42 am

"Oh, you mean Portal Breach? Like that wasn't obvious!" she teased. But Jo relented, giggling as she left him push her back to the platform. "Alright, alright, I can take a hint. We're behind schedule. What's next on the tour?"

She looked wistfully back at the hidden robot and at all the rest around her. She hoped Zurg would let her examine a Hornet or take one home with her once the three weeks were over. She could reach out and grab a Tekno-Tik right now if she wanted to, they were so close! But she immediately dismissed the idea the second she thought of it. It would be wrong of her to do such a thing. It would be like stealing, and she'd never steal from Zurg. Ever. No deception here. Jo was always upfront and honest about things and if she really wanted one she would ask for it.

She followed him back up to the platform, curious to see what else he had to show her. And the vacation had barely even begun!

Last edited by Jo Pistonne on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:59 am

"HOW DI--WHA--HOW!?" Zurg flailed in place as Jo somehow guessed the location of his target! Either she was really smart and beautiful, or he was just lagging with the times. Get your x'sht together, Zurg! Sheesh! Either way she was still beautiful. "Okay, Ms. Smartypants." The Evil Emperor teased, making sure the handrails came up securely before he started the lift.

"If you're so smart I'd like to see you guess what the next stop is on our list! Come on, guess~! It starts with a 'w'~!"

She'll never guess this. Not in a million years!

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:02 pm