Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: When the demon's away, the angels will play! [Tag: Zurg]

Post by Zurg on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Oh, that's right! Jo was carrying some luggage and the poor dear would no doubt get tired after wielding such a heavy thing around.

"Here, here, I'll take that for now, Jo." Zurg offered as he reached over to take her things. But the moment he managed to lift the bag off her shoulders his arm sank, pulling him down with it. He was suddenly all laughs, however, before Jo could start to fret. "Just kidding~!" He smiled while straightening up and eased the duffel bag over his arm. "Although this is quite heavy... What did you pack in here? Your entire apartment plus Proxy?"

Now wouldn't that be something to see. Proxy popping out with his mechanical feathers ruffled into a clump. Dohoho.

"Anyway, off we go! To Alpha block." Hand in hand, the Evil Emperor led Jo away from the docking bay and through several confusing halls. He would tell her things about the different rooms they passed, about how the minions were, and he also warned her about touching the walls. The slimy ones, you know. It was basically like a touch-up from the tour Jo had all those months ago, polishing a few notes and generally being more open with the information. After all, he trusted Jo and she had an appetite for knowing different things. Of course, the best things would come later but for now, a section elevator was fast approaching and Zurg politely tried to hide his snickering.

"Why, if it isn't your favourite method of transportation~! Ladies first~!" He did a mock bow as the doors creaked open. Ah, yes. The Evil Emperor hadn't remodeled the elevators, too.

When they took the elevator down it would drop them off to the transit level, where the trams would dock in a universal hub. Grubs were bustling about, many in maintenance or inspection gear, while some brain pods were busy discussing their latest evil inventions while waiting for a tram to take them to the various labs spread about. It was only natural that the otherwise noisy, buzzing station would slowly drown out as the Evil Emperor entered. Jo's presence only added to the awkwardness of it all and Zurg scowled.

"As you WERE." He threatened with a booming growl.

That got the entire chamber to snap back into place, and it was as if nothing had changed at all. Which was great for Zurg as he strode on up to the side, Jo's luggage draped over his shoulder, and waited for the tram to come.

Just like that.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:10 am

"Why, thank you." Jo smiled, looping her arm though his. "What would I do without someone as strong and formidable as you?" She laughed and gave his arm a small pinch when he pretended that her bag was too heavy and commented on her selection of wares. "Just some clothes and my tools! I can't go anywhere without my tools! And unfortunately, Proxy had to be left behind. He was pretty miffed, but I assured him that I'd call him every night so he won't have to worry. Unless of course you distract me~" she added, letting her fingers walk up his chest with a low and throaty chuckle.

She walked along with him down his palace's hallway, not really knowing where they were going but trusting his navigating skills in his domain, making sure to stay close and not touch the walls. Sure she liked the grubs, but she didn't like them that much. Although she did ask whether she'd be able to find her way if she had the sudden urge for a bathroom break in the middle of the night.

"Oh, would you look at that? An elevator!" She groaned theatrically, but did curtsy at his bow and enter first with an excited giggle. The mere thought of seeing his robot division sent a pleasant kind of goosebumps down her arms. But it would be a long way before then as they walked out into a large chamber that seemed to be a transportation hub, with grubs and brain pods chattering amongst themselves.

Jo was more familiar with his grubs. The brain pods were stranger to her. She had only met two brain pods back in her previous visit to the torture division, and it hadn't been a pleasant experience. They looked far less relaxed or laidback than the grubs, but Jo would give them a chance to impress her when they time came. For now, she stood beside Zurg, looking around and bouncing on the balls of her feet, soaking it all in with a giddy sense of excitement.

This was all so, so cool!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:26 am

Ah, the classic Jo. Aiming to stir things up and get the Evil Emperor to flail out of his element. He knew her wicked games, and he knew them well. That vile temptress. He would have to strive extra hard to keep his workplace Rated G. "Jo, you card!" He pinched her back, near her more bountiful sides. "Not in front of the minions. I never gave them the talk. But..." He looked around before rolling his eyes back to her with a small grin. "Maybe later when I'm off-duty~!"

"What's the talk, Your Evilness?" A passing by grub squeaked, looking up at the Evil Emperor like a lost child as it heard the conversation.

"Dohoho." But he shook his head and politely nudged the grub along. "Maybe when you're older."

Thankfully the brain pods would not take interest in Jo, not yet. They would keep away so long as the Evil Emperor was around, and Zurg knew full well that some brain pods were seedier than others. Best not to tell Jo that.

After about ten minutes the intercom crackled and a grub's voice could be heard, the minions all looking up. "Tram to Alpha block arriving shortly. Please clear away from the caution colours near the loading dock edges. Thank you." Apparently even an evil place of evil followed the most basic of rules and Zurg made sure to urge Jo away from the tram's runway. There was a screech down a tunnel, a flicker of lights, and soon a block of reddish metal streaked towards them. It ground itself to a halt, sparks flicking, and the tram was ready to be boarded.

When the doors hissed, cool air meeting the stark and arid environment around them, the Evil Emperor gently ushered Jo ahead of himself. "Time to go! The tram drivers are notorious for being directly on schedule and if you're even a second late they won't wait. We wouldn't want that since the next tram is in an hour!"

Once inside the tram seemed like a regular tram. There were seats, holding strips, emergency levers to pull in case of, duh, emergency, and so forth and so forth. Zurg chose to remain standing and grip one of the holding ropes, more at ease to stare intently at all the minions loading in.

Naturally this caused them all to avoid his gaze and sit spread out, uncomfortable, as the tram started to lurch forward and head out.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:58 am

Jo only giggled and squirmed out of his clutches, smoothing her shirt out underneath her jumpsuit. He always liked to pinch her ample sides. She knew she had big and easily-grabbable hips, but his touch was sometimes so ticklish! "Fine by me~" she purred, or at least tried to since humans could not really purr. Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow, but someday.... oh, definitely someday.....

The wait for the tram wasn't long. Jo kept herself pretty well occupied just counting all of Zurg's minions and trying to pick out distinguishing features so she could tell each one apart. So far, she was only having luck with the brain pods. They had numbers on their backs, so it was easier to pick out that 27 was more subdued, 43 a loudmouth and 69 made pretty lewd jokes.

When they climbed up into the tram, Jo was amazed to see how clean and spotless they were. A far cry from Tradeworld's public transportation vehicles and even Portal City's buses and taxis. She gladly settled down upon one of the seats, sitting right beside Zurg, who chose to hover in the middle instead, glaring at all the minions. Jo waved at the two minions sitting on either side of her, then tugged on Zurg's cape a bit to get his attention.

"Are you sure you don't want to put the bag down or sit down?" it must be uncomfortable standing stiff as a board in the middle of the room with ten pounds worth of stuff on your back.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:08 am

Blast. Zurg finally blinked as Jo tugged his cape, and the evil moment was lost. "Hmm?" He remarked rather docilely to her, completely snapped out of his previously intense trance. "Sit down? Oh, no thank you, Jo. I prefer to stand up and make my evil, imposing presence known. ISN'T THAT RIGHT, MY FREAK SHOW STAFF?!" He suddenly barked to them all, his voice echoing within the tiny, compact tram.

Grubs and brain pods winced, but they quickly nodded whatever heads they had. For if they didn't, they would all be subject to *gulp* a torture session free, courtesy of the Evil Emperor Zurg!

"Hmph." The Evil Emperor did lower his scalding gaze, however, and he loosened up. Just a bit, though. He wasn't fully domesticated today. "Anyway, how are you enjoying your stay so far, Jo? Better than last time?" He tried to smile at her, hoping he didn't seem awkward. Smiling was never his strong suit.

Outside the glass windows, one could see the outer factories of Planet Z and it was surely nothing to look at if one wanted their spirits uplifted.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:31 am

Jo snickered, but left Zurg to it. He seemed to enjoy bossing his minions around and letting them know who the boss was around here. After all, if he was enjoying himself, who was Jo to tell him to stop? She liked seeing him in his element. Maybe she wasn't too keen on the whole torture business, but she liked seeing this other side to him and how he lived. It was like getting to know him all over again.

She got up in her seat and peered out the window at the factory complex. Red buildings sped past so fast that they were mere blurs and Jo could only make out details if she concentrated hard enough on the outlines of the buildings. But they were never in her eyesight for long, hence most of the scenery beyond the window just mixed up all together into one giant mass of red.

"Huh? Oh, yeah! I like it so far!" Jo tore her gaze away from the buildings outside to return a smile of her own. She liked it when he smiled, even when the smiles didn't seem to suit his face. "How long until we reach the robot plant?" she asked eagerly, still balancing her weight on her knees, resisting the urge to open a window and let her hair stream out with the wind. She had always wanted to do that.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:45 am

With a happy sigh Zurg was pleased to know that Jo was enjoying herself, and the Evil Emperor returned his content glance back to his minions. Who were now staring at him like he was suddenly hit with a debilitating disease, or if his mind had been taken over by a mood-reducing parasite. Oh, he knew why they were staring at him, alright. With a scowl the tyrant held up a metal finger and slowly cut the area around the base of his neck from left to right; the universal sign for beheading.

"Not a word..." He seemed to growl, eying them all with extreme prejudice.

Luckily for the minions the next stop was at a connector cos-way. Normally no one used it, but seeing as how their company was the Evil Emperor and his guest, the minions were more than eager to get off and am-scram.

"Transfer station to Beta and Gamma block." The conductor stated.

The moment the door's opened up the minions hurried out with little whimpers and lowly mutterings, darn near trampling over themselves to be anywhere other than with the Evil Emperor. Zurg wasn't going to mind, however, and he glared at every single one of them leaving. Cowards, all of them! Those minions were supposed to report to Zeta block and fix the faulty energy grid couplings; don't think he didn't know!

The doors soon closed and once again the tram lurched forward, the ride continuing with Jo and Zurg finally at peace.

"Hmph. Bunch of slackers..." He mumbled, finally letting go of the strip and having a seat near Jo know that no one was around to question his motives. "They're probably wondering why I'm suddenly here and back in the groove of things. I know they were enjoying their sweet, temporary freedom while I was gone. I know it!"

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:13 am

He didn't answer her question, too distracted at the way his minions were staring at him like he had grown a second head, so Jo decided to mind her own business and give him a little space as she looked out the window again, everything still a blur.

But they soon groaned to a stop, and Jo looked around as all the grubs and brain pods started to climb off. "Is this our stop?" she wondered. But he stood still and didn't move an inch. He simply glared at each minions until they were all out of the tram and it started off again.

And it was only then that Zurg took a seat beside her, and he suddenly looked far older than Jo remembered in that moment. "Oh, don't worry about it so much, Big Z." She patted his hand and smiled up at him. "You'll get back into the groove in no time flat! After all, this is your job. You've been doing this for half a century already! You can't forget what you've already learned, after all."

Unless the real core of the matter was that her presence was a disturbance. If that were the case, she would try to not monopolize his time and let him do his work without having to worry about keeping up appearances in front of the minions. "And you can still follow you regular schedule, Big Z. I can just follow you around and look cute. Or invisible! I can do invisible. Maybe I should get myself one of those construction hats again...."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:25 am

At least Jo was being a good sport about all this, but he couldn't say the same for his minions. Honestly, he had trained them better! Staring and gawking; that was so rude. But Zurg wasn't going to linger on it (not this time), and he let out a deep, exhausted sigh. "I had forgotten how stressful it was to command Planet Z full-time." He tried to chuckle, showing that he had been naive just this once. "Maybe I did forget half a century of malicious rule and back-breaking practices." Hey, he wasn't perfect, you know!

That said, Zurg did rotate his hand to hold hers and he mingled their fingers together. And if any minion saw that and dared to gossip, he was going to keep them in the boiler for a WEEK!

"Oh? I don't have a problem with you looking cute, as you say." He elbowed her playfully, wondering if his gauntlet would poke her. "The minions only know pain, suffering, and evil--oh, and cake--so I'm certain they'll be asking me all sorts of questions at tomorrow's morning seminar. 'Can we wear flats? Can we hold your hand? Can we do blah blah blah'?" He ended with another sigh.

"I am seriously going to consider cutting their benefits after this."

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 am

Jo didn't mind all the staring and gawking. She felt like she'd been doing a lot of both ever since she got here. But she couldn't help it that she found Planet Z so interesting. She wanted to learn as much as she could about it and about Zurg's lifestyle. "I'm sure you'll get back into it. It's only three weeks. And hopefully I'll be able to pitch in and help you out. Ease the load off your shoulders a bit, juggle responsibilities.... anything to prevent you getting those awful black bands under your eyes again." She drifted a few fingertips underneath one of his eyes, where black rings had already begun to form. He stressed far too much for his own good.

And with her other hand, she squeezed his hand back tightly, liking the feeling of their hands intertwined. She almost wished for a moment that they could just sit together in silence like this and appreciate each other's company, but she couldn't help but laugh at Zurg's joke and rub her side for a moment there. His gauntlet had poked her, but just a bit.

"But Big Z, the brain pods have no feet, the grubs are just grubs, and I thought only I was allowed to hold your hand." She made a happy little sound and pressed her face against his arm momentarily. "After all, I am cute~"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:56 am

Hmm, some help would be nice. Someone who would know what to do, and wouldn't get in his way. Yes, that would do wonderfully! Of course, Jo would have to learn about proper dress code attire and toughen up a bit, but he was certain she could handle it regardless. "Sure, Jo. I'd love to have your help. Maybe you can start in the, oh! Let's say the resources department. I need someone to help budget materials for future expenses. Cosmos know I--" But he stopped when she touched his face and the Evil Emperor did his best to explain.

"Well, Jo, can't say I... you know, get the best of sleep!" He gave a weak laugh, lacking in body. "Ahah... aha... Ahhhhh, hm." Guess that nap hadn't helped at all. Maybe he needed to watch another movie and put himself to sleep? Zurg did snicker, though, as Jo added to his joking. "We can make the brain pods wear dressed, then; and have the grubs wash before putting on their flats~! They do complain about heel support, so why not put their feet where their mouths are? And, yeeees..." He brought a hand up to ruffle her hair, loving the sounds she made. "You are the only one who gets to hold my hand, as you are very cute. For a human, that is~!"

Dohoho!

Jo would have to wait in order to get her revenge for the tram stopped and the conductor's voice rang once again. "Alpha block."

Zurg was out before the mechanic could pinch his arm, her luggage still slung over his arm, and he cackled before intentional spooking an unsuspecting batch of robotic specialists nearby with an angry bark. As Jo would step out, she would come to see a massive factory of most sinister intentions with rows of smokestacks lined down the roof. There were huge conveyor belts going inside and out filled with metal and who knows what else, and the front of the building appeared to have what seemed to be a giant, ominous red eye.

And it glowed at Jo, following her as she walked out.

Was it just decoration, or...
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:26 am

"Budget?" Jo groaned. "I hate budgeting.... it takes hours to work out all the calculations and figure out just much you need to save on!" But she would help Zurg in any way possible. Yes, even in budgeting, cue the groan and sigh.

"Of course you don't. But if I can have a say in the matter, I'll get you sleeping at least one hour a day for as long as I'm here." She knew he didn't need much sleep, but an hour would work for him. It might be a little too much, but it would be better than him getting no rest at all.

"Hey!" She laughed, trying to fix up her messed hair. "I'm gonna get you for that!"

The tram came to a stop, and she ran out after Zurg, laughing and planning to jump onto his back and give him a good--but she froze upon exiting out onto the platform of the Alpha block. The factory that loomed before them was huge and sinister, smoke puffing out from the chimneys and into the red sky above them. What chilled her the most was the large, red eye that was situated at the face of the building. It almost looked like it was staring down at them.

She grew silent and walked beside Zurg, standing a little closer than she would have. "What is this place?" It didn't look like the robotics division to her besides for the conveyor belts.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:33 am

Dohoho. Zurg only smiled wickedly as he spotted Jo freezing, the mechanic mortified. Guess this wasn't what she had been planning at all~! It never was.

"This--" He gestured to the massive factory front. "--is robotics plant Alpha. Deliciously sinister, no~? Come, you have much to see." The Evil Emperor snapped his cape upon his departure from the boarding section and strode away, his body disappearing into the thick factory smog. Jo had better catch up if she didn't want to get lost! And the brain pods were already starting to eye her...

"You better hurry, Jo!" Came the faint command. If Zurg's voice was ever faint it meant he was indeed far away, and soon the mechanic would be all alone on a hostile, alien world!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:37 am

"Uh, right!" Jo snapped back to the present time, ignoring the feeling that she was being watched as she quickly ran after Zurg to catch up with him. She thought for a second that he was disappearing into fog, but when she passed through it herself she began to cough, doubling over. Ugh, this smog was awful! It burned her lungs and she could barely breathe in it.

"Big Z? You here?" She stuck her hands out in front of her and walked forwards, trying to see through the smoke and fumes.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:19 am

The moment Jo entered into the fog the mechanic would immediately notice one important thing: it was hot, and very stifling. Even the air provided little comfort and as soon as Jo broke through the choking plumes billowing from the 24/7 production line she would come face to face with a spout of roaring flames. They were so close, so hot they nearly could have singed her hair off! And once she passed that harrowing ordeal, her face no doubt smudged with soot and her lungs clogging with airborne particles, she would find one of the many furnaces at work. She would be careful not to get too close to the smelted metal lest she want her skin to peel off clean from the bone.

Ahead, clear from the furnaces and flames, Jo would find several grubs pounding away. Their tools were white-hot, their bodies caked in blackened soot, and the way the fire reflected from their covered eyes made them glisten like gems. Brain pods were busy overseeing the controls in their shielding booths not far up above from the toiling grubs and if Jo could make sense of the deafening world, sorting out the cries of gears and the ringing of metal, she would hear Zurg not far ahead.

The Evil Emperor was currently standing above a smelting pot upon one of the numerous catwalks, his arms crossed. Thanks to the intense heat his image rippled like a flame and the molten metals reflected the searing light, causing his body to glow hellishly.

This was the robotics plant? Seemed more like a chop shop of nefarious evils...

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 am