Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

When the demon's away, the angels will play! [Tag: Zurg]

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:13 am

Jo alighted down in one of the launch bays, teleportation device in one hand and a large bag in the other. She stumbled a bit before she righted herself, a little woozy from the transfer. "Whoa, Big Z's really got to work out the kinks in this thing..." With a shrug and a shake of her head to clear it, she stowed the device away in her bag and started to walk down the ramp. She had gotten Zurg's call a few hours ago, pleased to hear from him, but upset and frustrated at his planetary arrest. However, before she had even managed to ask him what had happened, he offered her a three-week vacation with him on none other than Planet Z! Not that she had been fond of the planet initially, but she liked it for being Zurg's planet and would make the most of her time here.

She was dressed in a casual dress complete with flats, black plants and her hair down (even though it was mussed up from the transfer) and had more clothes and goodies in her bag. Probably not enough for three weeks, but she'd get by. Proxy and Zeb would take care of the shop and she'd spend some good quality time with Zurg.

What more could a girl ask for?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: When the demon's away, the angels will play! [Tag: Zurg]

Post by Zurg on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:49 am

And all the while, for the last couple of hours, Zurg had been busy getting Planet Z up to snuff.

"You call that work!?"

"This is barely tolerable!"

"Get slacking, you putrid piles of flesh!"

"No, I did not want pictures of farting rainbow ponies!"

"WHO ORDERED THE CRATE OF TEA!?"

"Zzzz...."

Yes, it had been a very productive day. When the Evil Emperor had gotten notice of Jo finally arriving he had been asleep upon his throne, dozing after downloading some illegal TV shows from Portal Breach's radio waves. What? It was totally up for grabs! Besides, it wasn't like he was going to request for vids via the mail system. By the time he got them the three weeks would be over. OVER. So, instead, he had plopped upon his throne, gotten a snack, and watched a wonderful movie that he could not remember for the love of Nana. It was also one he fell asleep half-way through. It was a very good movie.

Thankfully a timid, shivering grub came up to his throne with a datapad in hand and meekly tapped his leg. "Your Evilness?" It squeaked with a shaky gulp. "Your Evilness, you have company."

"Euuugh..." Zurg rolled over to his side, draping his cape over his head with a growl. "Tell them to blow off before I eject them into the furnace known as this system's star..." Yes, Zurg was such a happy person when disturbed from slumber.

But the grub was not to be deterred, and it gulped again with another tap of his leg. "But Your Evilness!" It croaked. "It's Jo!"

That certainly got the Evil Emperor to sit straight up and he scowled at his minion, upset. "WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP SOONER!?" He had half a mind to kick the yelping peon but there was no time! Jo was here, and he was late to greet her! Ugh, he just hated being late! Zurg abruptly abandoned his throne and straightened himself out, heading for the docking bay. Which was now protected thanks to a certain Grounder...

When he arrived (ten minutes late, ack!) the Evil Emperor dimmed his eyes and released his cape from his clutches, more than happy to see the mechanic. "Jo~! So nice of you to co--Again!?" Zurg gawked at her choice of wear. A thin dress top? Flimsy pants? FLATS!? The Evil Emperor slapped himself with a double facepalm, groaning into them. "Auuuugh, Jo, why do you do this to meeeee..." With another exhausted sigh and roll of his eyes Zurg placed his fists upon his hips and eyed the woman in disdain. "I see you remember Planet Z's dress code spectacularly."

This was going to be a very long three weeks.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:56 am

Jo had been sitting on a ledge, swinging her feet to and fro as she waited for Zurg to arrive. So much red. It was everywhere. She was surprised that the entire place wasn't purple seeing how much he loved the color! But when he finally arrived she sprung up to her feet, hands on her hips and a smile a mile wide on her face.

"Hey, Big Z! I'm ready for our vacation! I took the liberty to bring some of my stuff since I'm betting you don't have any spare clothes for me stowed away and this time I'm prepared! I have my jumpsuit and I can change in a jiffy. All you need to do is say the word and don't give me that look! I remembered the dress code! I just thought you liked dresses.... I wore this just for you!" She did a little twirl to show it off as it swirled around her hips. You wouldn't see her wearing things like this in public, nope!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:06 am

Cue the facepalm. CUE IT.

Zurg just decided to let it go. It wasn't worth it. No sir, it was not. "Jo." He began, straining to keep his temper in check. "It is a lovely dress, yes. And I think it looks stunning on you, but." He paused, tapping his plated fingers with a slight twitch of his lips. Here it comes. "This is Planet Z, bastion of all evil in space, and GET AWAY FROM THAT LEDGE. YOU'LL FALL INTO THE PIT AND DIE!" Did she not SEE that it was a near bottomless pit of painful, long doom!? This was going to be a repeat of last time, wasn't it. WASN'T IT.

Fortunately a pair of grubs came up, hearing the yelling and wishing to appease their evil overlord. "Your Evilness! We wish to serve you!"

Wonderful... The Evil Emperor lessened his scowl and turned a bit to eye them in contempt. "Ugh, what is it now, my stinky little grubs? Can't you see that I'm busy?" He gestured to Jo. "This had better be important, or so help me..." Zurg held up a threatening fist over their heads, the grubs quaking.

"Ehehe... We set up the accommodations as you asked. Everything is in order." They tried to smile.

Apparently this soothed Zurg's anger, somewhat, and he huffed. "Well, I guess that will do. But where did you locate the guest's quarters?" There weren't many places on Planet Z for people to stay over with!

And apparently the grubs knew this as they gulped and held out their hands, shrugging. "I-In the dungeons...?"

The Evil Emperor could only respond with one thing.

".....WHAT!?
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:11 am

But Jo was hardly paying attention, humming as she rummaged though her bag. She drew out a large, bulky white t-shirt and her classic jumpsuit, with a few oil stains from the previous few days, and located a pair of socks and her boots. While Zurg was occupied with the grubs, she quickly changed, pulling off the pants and the dress and drawing on the socks, t-shirt and jumpsuit. By the time Zurg had exploded at the grubs for something or other, Jo had already zipped her bag closed and was tying her bootlaces up.

"What what?" she asked, skipping over to Zurg's side, all dressed and ready. There, he had no reason to complain about her wardrobe now! "What did the grubs do this time?" She waved at the grubs and gave them a bright smile, hoping that would ease some tension.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:15 am

And just as Zurg was going to club the minions with his fist for good, Jo butted in and split his attention in two. Whack the grubs, or talk with Jo. Whack the grubs, or talk with Jo. Whack Jo, or talk with the grubs. D'oh! Now he was getting confused! Oh, forget it. He'll whack the grubs, talk with Jo, and then whack the grubs again. Yes, this would do nicely. The Evil Emperor returned to face her, ready to speak. "Oh, they jus--" And to pause at her sudden new dress attire.

Jumpsuit? Boots? No loose articles of clothing for machinery to get stuck in? Zurg only had one key question for the mechanic.

".....What happened to your dress? I liked it..."

Way to go, mixed signals.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:21 am

Jo blinked. "Uh, didn't you say it wasn't up to snuff with the dress code? I changed so there'd be no problem!" She grabbed her bag and hefted it over a shoulder. "I've got it in here along with some more clothes, like I said." She smiled coyly and took one of his hands. "I can put it back on for you later~"

She smiled up at Zurg, swinging his arm, then looked at the grubs, then looked back to Zurg. "So where will I be staying? In your room?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 am

Oh, well, naturally Jo's response didn't go well at all.

The grubs only blinked at her, confused, while the Evil Emperor could only stare, mortified. Did it just get uncomfortable in here, or was that just him. Probably just him. Please say it was just him. Please.

"His Evilness has a bed chamber?" One of the grubs asked curiously. The other only shrugged again, returning its gaze upon the Evil Emperor who evidently wasn't doing too well with all this input. "Can we see your bed chamber, Your Evilness?"

That got him out of his brief stupour and he promptly scowled. "No, I do not have a bed chamber." He practically snapped at the trembling things before actually snapping his head back at Jo. "I'm sorry, Jo, but I do not have a bedroom. I told you this before, and apparently..." Zurg growled, letting his eyes flare whilst looking at his freak show staff. "...the grubs gave you a room in the dungeon."

How come everything was suddenly falling apart now that Jo was here!?
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:32 am

She knew he didn't have a bedroom but she found it kind of weird that he didn't have any kind of room that would be for his personal use besides the throne room. "Not even a study, or a place you store personal items?" she asked. It sounded so.... so surreal.

"Well, if there's no other option I guess I can stay in the dungeon. As long as it's not drafty and I have cable, I'll be alright." She puffed out her chest and thumped her fist over it. "I'm a tough gal! I can live in a dungeon for three weeks as long as I'm fed a feat of burritos!"

Yeah, some things never changed.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:37 am

A study? Or... "Do you mean a vault?" Zurg asked, hoping she could clarify. Why would she want to sleep in a vault? Sure, his vaults were totally safe, but... it was a vault! She probably thought that him having no place of his own to sleep in or some such was strange -- and it was. But not for him. "Well, you remember how I barely slept anyway, Jo. This is why." When the Evil Emperor stated that he lived off fifteen minutes of sleep, he meant it!

"What is a burrito?" The grubs asked.

Seems Jo wasn't going to like the dungeon very much.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:42 am

"I... don't know? Do you have a room you spend most of your time in? I could stay there, maybe." And of course she remembered that, but she couldn't very well do the same! She was a human, she needed at least eight hours of sleep a day.

And at that burrito comment, she just stared at the grubs. Stared at them real hard. Oh cosmos, three weeks without burritos. The horror.

This was not turning out to be a fun start to her vacation. She chewed on her lower lip, gripping the straps of her bag between her hands. But she would make the most of this. She would!

Awkward feeling already past, she looked up at Zurg with another large smile. "Well, we can discuss sleeping arrangements later. Right now I'm fired up and ready to get started! What's first on our list of things to do?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:54 am

A room he spent the most time in?

"That would be the Throne... Room... yes." He stated slowly, as if that wasn't clear by now. Oh. Seems like the Evil Emperor hadn't planned for this, had he? Ah, boy. Jo was already chewing on her lower lip, which meant she was struggling with something or trying to remain a good sport. Oh, no! That also meant the three week vacation would be so agonizingly slow and awkward that both of them would not enjoy it! Zurg didn't want that! He wanted to enjoy these three weeks, but most of all he didn't want Red to be right! This wasn't going to turn into punishment, it wasn't! He had to do something! But what!?

Quickly, he snapped his fingers to the grubs with a scowl. "Grubs! What is on the list to do for today!?" He demanded.

With a cower the two minions hastily tried to bring up the datapad's itinerary. "U-Uhm, since we've already finished all known maintenance duties for the day, we do have inspections since today is Sunday. And Sunday is inspections day." They hoped the Evil Emperor would find the answer suitable.

Inspections... That didn't sound too fun at all. But maybe...

"Do today's inspections cover the robotics plant?" Zurg asked, recalling what Jo loved to do: look at machinery and study it. Perhaps she could find something thrilling down there in the main factory. And while they were doing that the Evil Emperor could find the mechanic something more suitable to stay in the meanwhile! Ah, how he loved multi-tasking.

The grubs nodded, unsure as if to speak. They were too afraid!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:02 am

"Okay...." Jo said slowly. She wasn't sure whether she could sleep in the throne room, but if that was the only other option besides a cold, musty and damp dungeon she would take it. She could probably make a makeshift bed out of a mound of her clothing. Craters, she knew she should have brought a sleeping bag but it wouldn't fit in her bag!

"Did I hear something about a robotics plant?" Jo said brightly, forgetting all about her previous worry. When she looked at the grubs eagerly, and they nodded back, she dropped her bag and whooped. "Alright! Yeah! This is gonna be great!" She did a little happy dance, punching the air with her fists.

She turned back to Zurg, jumping up and down eagerly. "When do we start?!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:25 am

That got the mechanic into high gear and Zurg would have wiped his forehead if he could actually sweat. Now if only he could come up with something to keep her entertained for the other twenty-odd days left in his punishment. Maybe this would be a little harder than he thought, but no matter. He was the Evil Emperor Zurg and this was his favourite mechanic on Planet Z. And he was relieved to see Jo filled with an eager spark so he eyed the grubs as if to say, "Not a word..." Oh, if all his minions saw what happiness looked like!

"If you're so antsy about seeing the robotics plant..." He began slowly, hoping he didn't ruin this. "Then let's get you to the robotics plant! GRUBS!" The grubs jumped at the bark, their antenna sticking straight up with fright. "Signal ahead to the main robotics plant Alpha and make sure they're prepared for inspection! NOW!"

With another squeak the insectoid minions snapped sloppy salutes and were off to carry out his orders. "Yes! Yes, oh Evilness! We live to serve you!"

"Hmph, you got that right, bug-eyes." Zurg muttered before returning to Jo with a rare smile and an extended hand. "Alright, Jo, shall we? I like to see the pods down in robotics sweat in their cranial capsules as they wait for our arrival." Oh, how fun it was to see floundering minions~!

((Okay, I'm losing consciousness and that means time for bed! See you later, Jo. We'll continue tomorrow! Here's to three weeks!))
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:36 am

She was glad to be seeing something that interested her, but even more happy to see him soften and show the side she was more familiar with once the grubs had scampered away. Even though his smiles seemed so awkward and out of place on his face, Jo liked them all the same. His smiles always made her feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. And even though something like that was probably unthinkable seeing as he was the Evil Emperor, Jo couldn't help what she felt. She'd try to tone it down in front of his minions, but she was ecstatic at the prospect of spending these three weeks with Zurg.

With a giddy grin, she took his hand, squeezing it tightly. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be! Oh...."

Remembering her luggage, she hefted her bag up, swinging it back and forth. "What am I gonna do with this, though?" The grubs had already left, and she wasn't sure whether leaving it here in the launch bay would be the wisest thing to do. But she wasn't looking forwards to carrying it around with her all day.

(( Me too, so see you tomorrow! I'm sure these three weeks will be a blast! ))

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:35 pm