Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

The Ship [Swindle, Leslie O'Rinn, X'ng]

Post by Zurg on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:32 pm

As the landing team was dropped in mid-orbit, X'ng monitored the ship and kept a close eye upon Swindle and Leslie. It had gone eerily quiet without Invader Zim and the others, and no doubt the remaining two would find the silence and emptiness of space unsettling. Perhaps Swindle would be more accustomed whereas Leslie would not. Finding a good time to make itself known, X'ng spoke through the intercom system.

Greetings members Swindle and Leslie. Its voice calm and collect. Are you enjoying your voyage of space so far?

Some talk to pass the dragging time.
    [ADPT.] Swindle
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Re: The Ship [Swindle, Leslie O'Rinn, X'ng]

Post by [ADPT.] Swindle on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:03 am

Swindle sat and looked out into the space, humming a tune reminiscent to that of a stage from a Sonic game involving space, then looked at X'ng, or more so where the voice came from. "Ahh! It's been quite interesting. I'm hoping to be of more use on the more difficult planets, however." he tapped his finger on the table and glanced at Leslie.

"Guess it's just us for right now then, huh? I don't mind. It's a break from ZIM's constant yelling, at least." Swindle was certain Leslie would agree with that. He didn't mind ZIM at all, though his yelling DID get a little nerve-racking at times. "If I may ask, X'ng, what exactly will the team have to do down there? Clear out the place? Find a check point?"
    Leslie O'Rinn
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 22

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Leslie O'Rinn on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:34 am

Leslie sat down after the team left, with some tea and glanced towards the system. Quietly, she sipped her tea before answering. "It's quite lovely, thank you." Like a proper lady, she crossed her ankles, scanning the room they were in. It was so quiet without-

"It's a break from ZIM's constant yelling, at least."

She chuckled. "I don't mind, either. I'm rather glad that...Zim fellow went on this mission. His yelling was getting more annoying than a bean-sidhe's sobbing." She shook her head. Those creatures, though lovely, could rack a nerve. She glanced back at the system, waiting to hear the answer to the question Swindle asked. It was a wonderful question, one she was thinking of herself.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 pm

X'ng heard the question unfettered, and deep within the ship's core its lone eye winked. The ground team is to survey the planet and report anything they find. Was the simple answer. There was a moment of brief pause before the AI would speak up again.

You are correct, Swindle. They will establish checkpoints and updates. Once sufficient data has been collected they are eligible for pick-up. We may then go discover a new world.

What it hadn't told them, however, was that there were conditions for pick-up. But because plot was law in some people's minds, it was best not to spoil such surprises.

At least not so early in the game~!
    [ADPT.] Swindle
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by [ADPT.] Swindle on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Dem plots.
    Swindle nodded, having figured it was something like that, but not really sure to begin with. Zurg was a strange person and always had something extra up his sleeves, even with the simplest of things, be it going to buy something or something larger, such as this. Swindle was still wary of the untold things, wondering if Zurg was heartless enough to get them all killed or dump them all off somewhere when he didn't need them anymore. It seemed that villainy was picking up more in the both of them, and that just made things a bit more awkward at times.

But all of that was to worry about later, Swindle was instead thinking of the other planets they'd come across and what sort of things they'd run into. "So after this, it's that planet with the toxic air and the volcanic planet, hm? I suppose I'll try and go to both of those, or at least the volcanic one. I'm sure everyone else is able to have something that allows them to breathe in bad situations." Though he doubted everyone was fire resistant like he was. It was good to be robotic at times.

"Hopefully I won't be burned too much... Cybertronian armor can take some high temperatures, but how high, I'm not sure. Heard too many different stories about how the bot went on a scorching planet with ungodly heats. We'll just have to see..." he glanced at Leslie, hoping he wasn't boring the poor girl. "So Leslie, what do you think of the Breach so far? You've been here nearly a year, has it been better or worse than you expected?"
    Leslie O'Rinn
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 22

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Leslie O'Rinn on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Leslie sipped at her tea as X'ng talked, curious as to what was cinsidered 'sufficient.' She st the cup back on the saucer, nodding at Swindle. "I wouldn't mind the toxic planet, I highly doubt I'd need any spcial uh...breathing machine for it. Of course, if iron is present in the air, that could cause problems. I do recall hearing how volcanic substances are high in iron, though." The fae's lips drew into a thin line as the thought about this. Such a wretched metal. Shaking her head, she waved her hand as though to chase the mere mention of iron away. "The Aos sí are different from mortals. Some of us don't even have lungs, though I'm sure I do."

Dear god, has it really been nearly a year since she arrived in this insane plane? She chuckled softly. "I'm not quite sure what I expected, to be honest. The denizens are a lovely bunch, though some I could do without seeing... I've also come to the conclusion that many of the women I boarded with in the asylum were quite sane compared to certain people in the Breach." Surely he noticed the lack of sanity here. "I imagine this palce is quite different from your original world?"

Glancing over towards the source of X'ng's voice, she thought again about what was considered sufficient. "Excuse me, X'ng. What is considered enough information?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:00 pm

Correct. The AI replied in response to Swindle's inquiry. UP-001 and UP-??? are the two planets scanned via satellite feeds that need to be investigated within this region.

After the question it quietly observed Swindle and Leslie engaging in conversation, noting everything they said with comprehension only a machine could possess. It just lingered there, waiting in silence; an unseen presence that could not be identified, but felt. And it would remain there until Leslie posed her own question to the AI.

Sufficiency is drawn from what is found. It stated calmly. Scans have indicated abundant resources below on UP-006, and if the surveying team manages to locate a decent cache of worth then the mission upon UP-006 will be concluded. Until then, however, the survey team must remain. Those are my directives.

In that brief second the AI suddenly felt much akin to a prison warden, and they... its prisoners. But only in that brief second. X'ng's lone core deep in the ship winked and it began to utilize the information it had harvested from the two members.

What is... Portal Breach like. It asked.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:57 pm