Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Here for a diagnostic scan . . .

Post by Lawrence on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Following the directions Emperor Zurg and Jo had given him in the Sanctuary the day before, it didn't take Lawrence long to find the Chop Shop at all. He looked up at the building, thinking it seemed a little primitive but not letting that stop him from walking in. He stopped short in the doorway and looked around, finding the tools on the walls not very advanced at all. This gave the butler a bit of pause, but surely if Zurg recommended this place, there had to be more advanced equipment around somewhere.

After looking around for another moment, Lawrence stepped up to the counter. "Excuse me, I'm here for what we discussed in the Sanctuary yesterday? And possibly something else, depending on the scan results."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Here for a diagnostic scan . . .

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:36 am

Instead of finding Jo, the robot would come face-to-face with another robot, none other than Proxy. The silver-blue robot stood up to his full height, his single eye focusing on Lawrence. "Yes?" he inquired curiously. "What is your business here?"

But Proxy needn't have asked, for Lawrence answered before he had barely formed the question. "Oh yes," Proxy said. "You are here for the scan. I will get Creator-Josephine immediately. Just wait one moment."

And with that, Proxy parted the bead curtain and disappeared from sight.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Another robot was almost the last thing Lawrence expected to see in this shop, particularly one as big as that. He almost took a step backwards out of uneasiness but the other robot seemed amicable enough. After the briefest of pauses, he nodded to the other bot. "Very well, I'll be waiting right here."

And did he say "Creator-Josephine"? That earned the other machine a good deal of scrutiny, but he left before the butler could even start a low level scan. Still, from what he could make out visually... the technology incorporated into the other bot's design wasn't quite as advanced as what was common in Solana, but it proved how highly skilled Jo was. Yes, listening to Zurg's advice had been a good idea. With any luck, the Chronoscepter's power would be his to wield as he pleased within the next week or so.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:27 am

Proxy nodded once to him, before disappearing behind the curtain.

Lawrence didn't have to wait long at all. Proxy soon reappeared with Jo right behind him. She was wiping her hands on a rag, matted hair held in place by a wrench. She looked around eagerly, then spotted Lawrence. "Hey there!" She grinned. "Glad you could make it. Ready to start that scan? I've got all the necessary tools and equipment ready for use."
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Lawrence smiled a bit at spotting Jo. "Greetings, Jo. Yes, I'm ready for my scan now. I'm not really expecting there to be anything wrong, but you never know."

He followed her back behind the counter before remembering something relatively important. "Ah, I have a hyperspace storage device installed; would you need me to empty it before we begin?"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:36 pm

"Hmm...." She pursed her lips together and looked him up and down. "I think that'd be for the best, if you don't mind and it's not a bother." She glanced at Proxy for a moment. "Mind manning the storefront while I go get Lawrence scanned?"

"Not at all. Take as long as you like."

With a nod, Jo motioned to Lawrence. "Just follow me. It's through the hallway and down the stairs. It'll take five to ten minutes tops."

She led him downstairs, switching on lights as they descended deeper, entering a large workshop, cluttered with half-finished projects and machines to one side. She went to one of the machines and turned it on; it came to life with a low hum.

"Just step right on up when you're ready and I'll let it scan you," she told him, taking a step back to give him some space.

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:56 pm

He followed Jo through the hall and downstairs, into the larger workshop. Lawrence caught himself staring a bit at the machines and unfinished projects there, but paid attention to Jo again when she prompted him. "All right; I'll just take my things out of storage and then we can start. This won't take long, I don't really carry much."

Not really wanting to place his things on the floor, the butler found a bit of clear space on a nearby worktable and then got down to business. He started with the largest item first, his bass guitar. It appeared in his hands in a flicker of blue light and he placed it on the table. His feather duster, datapad, and the picture of Courtney Gears joined it without much fanfare.

The next items were a bit more dangerous (or had the potential to be), and he took a slight glance at Jo before placing them on the table. His Plasma Striker was first, followed by the Cryomine glove. Finally, last but most definitely not least, the Chronoscepter found its way to the table. It was inactive as it always had been ever since Lawrence received it, not a hint of movement to be found.

Now that his hyperspace storage was empty, he stepped onto the machine Jo indicated. "There, I'm ready now."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:49 pm

Jo nodded, only glancing momentarily at all the items strewn across the workbench; personal items, weapons, and others she didn't even know their purpose for. "Alright, then. Let's get started!"

She approached the machine and pressed a few buttons, adjusting the settings here and there. "I'll close the hatch now. Please stay absolutely still until I tell you to get out again. The scanner won't read you properly if you do."

Once she had secured the hatch, she fiddled with a few more buttons, then stepped back, glancing at her watch. It would probably take twelve minutes for Lawrence to be fully scanned. Two minutes for each side; forwards, backwards, left, right; then two from above and two from below. He would rotate on the disc he was standing on as blue rays would wash up and down over his metallic body several times in order to get all the proper readings.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:36 pm

Hold still? That was easy enough, all Lawrence had to do was lock his joints temporarily. After Jo pressed a few more buttons, the scanner started up. The actual scan was always the boring part, nothing to do but stand there and watch the machine take its readings. Within a few minutes, his mind started to drift, back to the last time he was subjected to a scan.

"Looks like you check out just fine. And you'd better, given how much the Zoni and I had to put into fixing you and your boss! You'll probably still feel off for a while, but your repairs were pretty extensive. Don't worry too much, though; you'll get used to it eventually."

The butler still remembered the Fongoid woman who repaired him rather fondly, though that memory was bittersweet considering what he and Nefarious ended up doing to her village later. As for her words, she had been right, but there were still times even now where he looked at his reflection and had to remind himself it was his.

The platform he was standing on starting to move startled Lawrence back to the present, though he managed to keep still.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:21 am

Once the scanning had reached completion, the machine shuddered to a stop, pinging to Jo to let her know that the scan was complete. She got up from the workbench and undid the hatch. "There we go; all done!" She stepped back to give him some room to climb down. "Just give me a few minutes to organize the scans and I'll print them out."

(( Since there aren't any blueprints on Lawrence, we can improvise. Do you have any preferences? ))
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Lawrence stepped out of the scanner after Jo opened the hatch for him. "All right, while you're doing that, I'll get my things in order."

He moved to the workbench and started returning all of his items to his internal storage. One by one, they disappeared into the same flicker of blue light they'd appeared from. Well, all except for the Chronoscepter . . . that WAS the real reason he was here, after all. This he simply picked up, and idly studied it while he waited for Jo to finish.

((After I post this, I'll send a PM with details.))
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:56 pm

It wasn't too long before Jo had organized all the scans, a small frown marring her features. Despite that, she set the scans to print, then sorted through the large blueprints with a critical gaze. Her frown deepened, but when she turned back to Lawrence, the frown was gone.

"Alright," she said, spreading the blueprints out on a clear space on her workbench. "It looks like you've got some type of nanobots in your 'bloodstream' and you'll be needing a recharge soon. You're at 57% capacity now." That was interesting. Proxy charged, as well. Unlike most robots in her world, who consumed oil, she had constructed Proxy differently based on information that she had found in the library and from what she had learned while working for Carrie and Mr. Stark.

"I've noticed some... differences here and there. It looks like you were recently reconstructed. I can still see signs of your old design underneath." She nodded and straightened. She'd thought she'd seen something off, but at least it was only that. "Other than that, which you probably already knew, everything's in peak condition! You're good to go."

She eyed Lawrence, hands on her hips, then noticed the staff in his hands. "Personal keepsake?" she asked curiously.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Lawrence listened intently as Jo went over the scan results. "Yes, I was aware of all of that. As for an explanation for the reconstruction . . . well, let's just say my former employer and I got to experience re-entry the hard way. Thankfully, I can't remember much of it."

Finally, Jo's gaze alighted on the Chronoscepter, and the butler had to hold back a smirk. "A keepsake? Well, in a manner of speaking. This is an artifact from my universe called the Chronoscepter; I was tasked to guard it and sent here. As the name implies, it can manipulate the flow of time, but only if you have a piece of circuitry called a Quantum Actuator installed."

He let that sink in for a moment, then continued. "As far as I know, I don't have one. It's rather unfair if you think about it . . . here I am stuck with this until its destined owner appears here, if he ever does, and I can't even get any use out of it? At the very least, having access to its power would allow me to protect it more easily. Your friend Zurg seemed to think you might be able to help me with this."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:03 am

"Ouch," Jo winced in sympathy. That sounded like it'd been some re-entry. She sure was glad she didn't space travel all that much. But she did find the Chronoscepter a little interesting. It reminded her of Zurg's Chrono-Disruptor, but for one, it didn't need a Quantum Actuator to run.

However, she did find it a little odd that Lawrence was so.... free with this information. If it was so important, why tell her? The answer was obvious. She was Zurg's friend, and Lawrence was hoping Zurg could help him activate it. Still, Jo found the entire concept of a Quantum Actuator and a destined owner interesting.

"What exactly's this Quantum Actuator?" she asked curiously. "Is this destined one the only one who can make or get one?"

She wondered if Zurg would know more about it. And that meant one thing....

"Zurg left me some, ah.... help just in case you came around," she said slowly. She then smiled wryly. "They're no doubt getting into some mess or other."
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 am

Lawrence tried his best to explain things, at least as far as he knew. "A Quantum Actuator is supposed to make one immune to the effects of time manipulation around them, it also would act as a key of sorts for the Chronoscepter. As for who can have one . . . Clank, the scepter's rightful owner, did have one installed. But the other robot that had one was just a janitor. I don't believe there's any special quality required."

((meh, post of fail but it's all I got . . . I need sleep, I'll come up with something better in the morning))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:56 pm