Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

What a mess [Tag: the investigators]

Post by Agents K and J on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:34 pm

The black sheen of the LTD pulled up at a still intersection, the afternoon quiet and ordinary. As the light turned green, the Ford swung a right and parked at the curb, two men in black getting out with shades and even shadier characters. This was going to be no ordinary afternoon, folks.

"This the spot?" J asked, already drawing out his Noisy Cricket. "This the spot where we nab the bad guy and go home like heroes?"

K wasn't as quick to draw his weapon and the older agent merely looked around, slowly and cautiously. Good, no one was around. They didn't want any casualties. He walked past his overeager partner and placed his hands into his pant pockets. "This is where we wait." K stated simply, eying the sun for a brief moment before focusing his eyes upon the road. Hmm. "It's safer if we wait for back up on this one, Slick. I get a feeling we'll need it."

"Wait? Aw, K!" J groaned and slumped. Figures. Always waiting with K unless it was Alpha. The man had double standards! "And how long is THAT going to take!? Man, I knew I should have packed a lunch. Knew it, knew it, KNEW IT."

Guess all the two suits could do now was wait for the others to get here.
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: What a mess [Tag: the investigators]

Post by Hellboy on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Hellboy got Slick's call while he had been on his way back to headquarters, after having interrogated Smithson and left him alone. Something about the demon still didn't strike Hellboy quite right--along with the fact that he hadn't seen him at all in the alley--but he'd worry about that at a later date. Still, the information would be useful for the other agents just in case something happened in the future.

Not being too far away from the scene of the crime at the time of the call, he had decided to backtrack and meet the agents there. He hadn't explored the scene of the crime yet, but he had already been waiting there when the two agents arrived, only hiding in the shadows.

He slipped out from an alleyway, revealing himself and smoking a cigarette. "Hey, boys." He tapped the ash off and took another drag. "We ready to rumble yet? I got some interesting stuff to share with the class."

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 32

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Something orange zipped around one of the corners of the place and Bonkers came running past, coming to an aprupt halt in the middle of the assembly, whirling up just enough dust to cover himself fully with it.
    Slightly frowing, the toon pulled out a hairdryer and blew the grey stuff over at J.
    "Sorry, I'm late!" the bobcat announced, "my clock ran away earlier today!"
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 23

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:54 pm

"BONKERS!" Suffice to say that J was not happy at being covered in dust, even if Agent B made an effort to clean the man up. J just fanned his hands and leaned over the bobcat, leering. "At least your clock has sense! Whatcha do? Hit it one too many times?"

"Good to see you, Mr. Red." K ignored J's sarcasm and went over to the Chief. "Find anything worthwhile on your investigation? Agent J, B, and I have found some evidence. We'd like to compare all our findings to see if there's any overlap or gaps."

Last edited by Agents K and J on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:59 pm

"Sure did." Hellbpy crushed the cigarette on his stone hand, then tossed the remains in a decrepit-looking trash can. "Found Smithson. By chance, actually. Had him tell me a few things to see if he and Jana were on the same page. Long story short, they both got different versions to tell. Jana said the car was red and Megamind was nowhere near the scene of the crime. Smithson says it's blue and that Megamind was definitely the driver."

He waited for a moment, then added, "Oh, and he's a demon. Apparently a newcomer of sorts. Said he was exploring the city. I don't know if I buy it, but with Jana's record I can't be sure of who's being honest. Demons are notorious liars, after all."

He'd probably blabbed there, but it was best to get everything out and in the open from the start. "D'you guys have any ideas how the guns fit into the picture?"
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Huh, now that sounded interesting. K rose a brow and was about to add what he had found when J stormed up and hogged the limelight.

"Yeah, I got your story, alright." He grumbled, dusting his shoulders before staring Red in the face. "I went to see Mr. Megahead down at the seaside, in his secret location." The agent did snooty air quotes, rolling his eyes. "At first I thought he may have been lying, but as he told his story I saw that something didn't add up. And while I may not be a mathematician, I know an error when I see it."

"Just tell us what you found, Slick, before we fall asleep."

Hmph! "Yeah, right, K! Whose story is this!? Yours or mine!? Anyway." J shrugged and looked away haughtily. "Megamind didn't do it. I saw his car, and it wasn't blue. In fact, it was as black as me. Blacker, even! The only blue on it were streaks for design! And then I saw Megamind's chest!"

"Mm, you did, did you." K rose both brows at that.

"Shut it, K. Now, as I was saying." J continued. "Megamind had this HUGE gash across his chest, and it was like the claw marks on the bus in the photos. He also pointed me out to who MAY have done it: Pretzelbutt. Does that ring any bells with y'all?"
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Hellboy chuckled at the light banter, but quickly sobered upon hearing the rest of what had happened. "You mean Prixlezub?"

Now that Slick mentioned it, some things were starting to fit surprisingly well... he turned to the older agent, brow arched. "Kay?" he asked. "What did you find out from Prixlezub?"
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Show time. K eyed his partner, still a brow raised, but fixed his steeled eyes back onto the Chief when asked to speak. "Nothing much, sir. Prixlezub was a piece of work and didn't open up. I did, however, find some interesting cross references to what you said. Allow me to explain."

"This'll be good..." J muttered, looking away and up into the sky.

"Prixlezub didn't say much at first, but I found out that in order for him to function he needs to consume raw metals and ores, along with animals that contain a life force."

"Oh, you mean, like, people?" J snorted.

"Bingo. The reason we didn't find any survivors was because there were none. They're in his stomach, no doubt already incinerated to fuel his body." K remarked matter-of-factly. "And what better nourishment is there than to hunt a roaming bus filled with hapless bodies and devour it like a bag of M&M's."

"That... wasn't funny, K."

"I wasn't trying to be." The older agent replied as if on cue. "I also found it interesting on what you stated, Mr. Red. This Smithson was patrolling the city to explore, and so was Prixlezub. Their reasons are the same, and I find it highly unlikely that just one lone survivor was a demon on that bus."

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:46 pm

(My brain is not cooperative, sorry folks xD)

"At least your clock has sense! Whatcha do? Hit it one too many times?"
    "Never!" the toon exclaimed. Clocks liked that! It was like petting a dog!

When the Chief spoke up Bonkers's attention span wandered over, nodding at every statement he had worked out himself until Hellboy had mentioned the guns. At this, the toon's mind had begun to wander off for a bit, what seemed to deep thought - probably as deep as a puddle.

He first snapped out of it again, when J began to ramble about secret location and cars and colors that Bonkers only knew as ink and about some sort of... gash? What?

Bonkers quietly took the copies of the bus-pictures out of his pocket to examine them. How could that have possibly ever fit on a chest? His expression dropped for a moment, maybe he wasn’t so good with this logic stuff after all.

Pretzelbutt, Prixlezub... were they cousins of some sort?

A third voice added in and Bonkers tried hard to listen.
    …”Wrong,” he then finally spoke up when K was done.
    “There was at least one human survivor,” Bonkers explained, “Jana said so. And it couldn’t have been Mr. Smithson because he was a witness.”

The toon’s eyes zipped around for a moment. Oh please let that make any sense. He didn’t really know what to think right now anymore.
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:48 pm

"Oh. you mean Jana, the liar or, who can't get her story straight?" J growled, placing his hands upon his hips.

"Hmm." K did listen to what his fellow agents had to say, and he took it with grace. So Smithson was the witness, not the survivor. That left an awfully uncomfortable gap in their investigation. "Did we find this lone survivor, Agent B? I would be inclined to believe you if what our Chief says wasn't true."

"Yeah, and that would make him the liar in this, demon or no demon." J added. Red wasn't lying, was he...?
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:55 pm

And the creeping suspicion Hellboy had in the previous post finally clicked. It all fit now. Prixlezub was the one who had done it. He'd attacked the bus--leaving his clawmarks all over the place--had consumed the passengers, and had masqueraded as Smithson to hide his true identity. Of course!

Hellboy actually slapped his forehead. "Augh, hell, how could I have been so stupid?!" he fumed. He could have bagged him! He'd practically had him! never again would he show mercy to another demon, never again... what a stupid and careless mistake. He'd have never done that if he'd still been working for the BPRD.

"Smith--I mean Prix said he saw no survivors. And I'm betting my tail he made sure there wouldn't be any." Eating people... Hellboy suppressed a shiver. That was definitely a demonic thing to do. "It wouldn't do for someone to have seen him do all that..."

Slick was also right. Hellboy used to trust Jana, but after what happened at summer with NOS-4-A2 and Mushu and after the bank thing... Jana wasn't someone to be trusted at all.

"The 'survivor' in this case would be Jana. She witnessed whatever happened first hand. She knew Prix attacked the bus. Why else would she agree with him initially, then mumble half-truths when on her own?" It was a classic. Weasel the weakest one out, then they'll squeak. And Megamind's testimony was enough: he had nothing to do with this and Prix was the culprit. They had everything practically in the bag.

"What we do now is simple. We bag and tag Prixlezub."

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Bonkers stood gawking, one finger still raised before he crossed his arms and tilted his head.
    He wasn't even going to pretend that he got only half of that, but the Chief had made an order and at least that was clear enough for him to understand.

But the toon knew Prix, that he was big and tall and dangerous and left HORRIBLE GASHES ON PEOPLE'S CHEST and frankly... he was scared.

Fidgeting for a moment the bobcat eventually came to terms with himself, he was a police officer after all right? A Police Officer that could wear neat fire fighter costumes!
    As if to proof it he switched into one and saluted happily.
    "Yes, Sir!"
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:13 pm

"Yes!" J did a fistpump and elbowed K with a huge grin, only to slowly let it fade when he noticed K just... looking at him. With that dead, dead stare of his. "...K. Anyone tell you that you ruin any mood that feels good? Sheesh."

Both agents watched Agent B turn into a mini-fire fighter and J looked down at his suit. "How come he gets one of those things?" Oh, brother.

"You got it, sir." Finally, they were going to see this through and apprehend the one responsible. Although he wouldn't admit it, K wanted to see Prixlezub's smug grin be effaced from history. And what better way to do that than to beat down on the demon and arrest him? "We'll bag him and tag him, just like you've ordered. However, there is the matter of Prixlezub's body heat. I couldn't stand too close to him, even near my vehicle."

"That's no biggie, K." J said confidently, still pumped he was getting to see some real action. "We'll just put on our suits. You know, the ones we used to stop the Ixions?"

But K only shook his head. "I mean star hot, Slick."

"Oh... Well, you're due for a tan anyway, K!"
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Oh, right. Prixlezub was as hot as hell itself. Literally. Hellboy had only met Prix once or twice, and briefly, but he remembered the heat. It hadn't been too uncomfortable, but the again he was a demon himself.

"You guys could put those suits on. But try to keep your distance." Wouldn't want them to melt. That wouldn't be too good. Hellboy thought up of something then. "You could focus on ranged attacks while I handle melee. I can take the heat and I've got a crap aim."

He shrugged his massive shoulders. "S'far as I'm concerned, we're done here. Might want to collect samples, but we've got this in the bag. We go confront Prix, and if he hits, we hit harder."
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Sounded like a concrete plan. Don the suits, stay back, shoot things and watch stuff blow up. J liked that plan, and K didn't see any fault with it. Yet.

"Then we'll rendezvous at Prixlezub's lair." K suggested, already heading for the car. J had already opened a door and was waiting to get inside to pep talk himself. "We'll see you two there, unless you'd like to ride with us."

"Oh, hell no. Shotgun!" J slid into his seat and buckled up in a blur. Agent B was going to ride in here!? Imagine all the fur! And he doubted that Red's chunky butt would squeeze, too!

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 pm