Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

A game of Cat and Mouse (bloodscream, zippy, and those invited or those who ask)

[INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: A game of Cat and Mouse (bloodscream, zippy, and those invited or those who ask)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:16 am

How?! She looked to where he had been then where he was now. That was quick. Too quick. She crouched in the corner, eying the sign. It felt like a trap. Everything about it felt wrong. Maybe if she could get him out of the way, or at least distract him for a bit. She rolled her fingers, taking a deep breath. He'd already seen her little trick, it was useless to try and deny there was anything else there. She lifted her left hand, then jerked it out in a quick pushing motion, hoping the energy would shove him out of the way as she sprinted right past him and towards the steps.

Zippy clenched her eyes shut, scared he'd grab her as she went by. She just let her legs lead her away from the pipes she'd been hiding in, not daring to open her eyes until she was near the steps. How much more before I'm out of here? She wasn't even sure what floor she was on, though she had a feeling she was in a basement of sorts, she hadn't seen any steps going down on the first level. Then again, she could just be missing them. She wasn't sure at this point. God, I hope someone's looking for me...
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A game of Cat and Mouse (bloodscream, zippy, and those invited or those who ask)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:26 am

The force of the energy was unexpected and bloodscream actually did feel it take him off his feet. It appeared that the young miss zippy was stronger than he had originally thought.

Rising back to his feet bloodscream took off, hot on her heels up the stairs. His inhuman speed helped him catch up to her quickly. One more floor and she would be close to her freedom.

A most disappointing thing, however the game had not been about imprisoning her, it had been about terrifying her. Bloodscream sped up to the point that he was breathing down her neck, whispering in her ear.

"Thou art so close dear lady, but doth thou have the courage and the strength to reach thine goal?" And with that he promtly cut her off, blocking her path, waiting for her to come to him. His smile so wide that his sharp canines were perfectly visible
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:35 am

It could almost amuse Zippy the reaction people had to her abilities, but she didn't want to sit there and study his reactions. Maybe another time when she didn't find him so creepy.

She let out a sigh of relief as she was almost near the stairs, no sudden grabbing or anything else like the horror movies had. That relieved feeling quickly vanished when she could feel his dusgusting breath on her; his words taunting. She grinded her teeth, halting to a stop when he was suddenly in front of her. "GOD! YOU'RE A FREAKIN' CREEPER! I HOPE BARRY CHOPS YOU TO BITS!"

The tears were threatening to rise again, her breathing getting faster. What a freak. She closed her eyes, reaching down to pull her switchblade out of her boots. "Now, get out of my way, or so help me they won't find your damned body."
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:48 am

It was so amusing he felt like laughing. "If thine friend were to chop me into bits I fear I wouldst merely pull myself back together."

His insane grin calmed as he saw her reach for her blade, the emotion he felt was the closest to endearment that he ever felt. Such courage, such amusement. He eyed her blade before fixing his gaze onto her, and the suddenly he was standing in front of her.

His hand grasped her wrist tightly and helped her guide the blade right into the cozy little spot beneath his last rib. He winced at the pain of his lung being punctured and the feeling of suffocation that began to come with the blood filling his lung. But he knew it would be worth it if only it instilled even a bit more fear in her.

Bloodscream kept his grip on her wrist tight, his other hand moved to his glasses to lift them from his eyes. Uncovered his eyes were black voids, he knew how they unnerved people, even he was not completely fond of them.

With his glasses gone bloodscream leaned forward to play momentarily with a strand of zippy's hair.

"Thy courage is admirable sweetling," His hot breath was against her cheek he was that close. However to bloodscream this was a tactic of intimidation, most people could not bear to be near him, let alone be under his bare gaze up close.

"But doth thou have the courage to escape? Doth thou have the strength to follow through?" Bloodscream asked her helping her drive the knife a little deeper, his grip unrelenting and like iron.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:58 am

She cringed at the mental image of him just morphing himself back together. It was more unnerving than watching Barry skin that guy. She gagged a bit at the memory, looking back only to see his chest right there. Eek!

She let out a gasp as he grabbed her wrist, convinced he was going to shatter the bone. Instead...he did that. "What the-" She tried to pull away, growing more panicked by the second. The soulless back gaze didn't help. She grew tense, a tear falling down her cheek. "Why are you doing this to me?" She whispered, feeling almost pathetic again.

Feeling his breath on her made her stomach churn, having someone like him so close was uncomfortable, and probably part of his plan to screw with her head. With her free hand, she reached up, jabbing him hard in the eye and trying to pull her wrist back, his grip hurting. She wouldn't answer him, partially because she was unsure if she could do it.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:13 am

Zippy Sokoll wrote: "Why are you doing this to me?" .

Well, a normal question certainly, but not one he had been expecting to hear. Bloodscream thought how best to answer and prepared to tell her before getting poked right in the eye.

Why of all the rude things. Bloodscream pulled back away from her a bit, giving her more space as he tended to his eye. His grip on her wrist though did not ease, and his eye was fine if not sore.

"Why am I doing this to thee?" Bloodscream quoted her. "Can thou possibly understand the pressure of being forced to exist in a world obviously not meant for thou? I am sure thou can, the sheer pressure of it can be almost unbearable at times can it not miss zipporah?" He asked turning back to look at her with his black eyes.

"My dear lady, " His humorless smile returned, "do not believe that thou brought this upon thyself. I fear it is my own sickness that draws me to thee, thou art such a interesting creature, and thine fear was, intoxicating." He paused to inhale deeply from the sweet scent of fear she was giving off, taking his time before talking again to savor it.

"Fear, something I have long gone without, something you began to show from the first day thou saw me......I did warn thee did I not? To try to not fear me?" He had warned her hadnt' he? That her fear was drawing him to her.

The blood that was leaking from his wound was beginning to make his hand sticky and slick.

"Even now thine fear is filling the air, tell me my dearest lady, what exactly doth thou think I shall do to thee to cause such fear in thy being?" He questioned amused.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:21 am

The poke didn't work as she had hoped it would. She listened to him, her brain struggling to decipher his old way of speaking. This was why she had hated Shakspeare. It was funny talk. She swallowed hard, and held her head up, pretending she wasn't afraid, but god damn, who wouldn't be afraid in a situation like this. Especially after the person admitted to being a nutcase.

"You did..." She lowered her gaze. "Surely you know it's hard to go against your instincts, though." Her instincts told her to run from him. He was dangerous. She didn't question it, it was survival. Unfortunately, it'd gotten her here. She wasn't sure why she feared him so much.

Her lower lip trembled as she tried to think of an answer. "I...I can't trust you. There's something in the air about you that makes me feel like I should flee." His energy felt so off...she wasn't sure if that was quite the right wording, but it was the best she could do.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:31 am

He fought the urge to roll his eyes, doing so would have been too far out of his character. So instead he simply rolled his shoulders in a tired fashion, feeling the sore muscles trying to work themselves out.

Bloodscream fixed his eyes back on zippy again. His voice was becoming rougher from where his lung was still filling with blood.

"When thou hast lived as long as myself, though learn to ignore thine instincts to run" At her next sentence bloodscream could not help but smile. That same humorless smile he had given her before.

Bloodscream flicked his glasses down to cover his eyes. "Thou should not trust me, under any circumstances," Bloodscream removed his hand from her wrist, however he left the blade in. Zippy could chose to either push the blade in deeper or remove it of her own free will.

Either way it wouldn't kill him, but he was interested to see what she would do.

"What do thine instincts tell thee to do now?" His amusement returned.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:38 am

"I'm not even twenty..." She tried pulling her wrist away, his voice becoming a bit intimidating. It was downright creepy. And that smile wasn't helping it any. Upon being released, she rubbed her wrist where he had been holding so tightly, eying the blade in his ribs.

What do thine instincts tell thee to do now?"

Her eyes grew cold, and she pulled the blade out, slowly. For these mind games, she wanted to make him uncomfortable. Her heart rate sped up even more as she drew her hand back, acting as if she would fold the blade then flee. "They tell me to kill you." She quickly slashed across his throat, not deeply, just enough to break the skin. She pushed past him and ran up the steps, hesitating at the top before turning to the left and running as far as she could, putting her knife into her pocket as she ran.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:46 am

It was a relief being able to breath normally again and at the same time it was the biggest disappointment the immortal had ever felt in his long long life. His lips became a thin line as zippy drew the blade out from his ribs and pulled it away.

Honestly had they not just talked about this? Bloodscream nearly opened his mouth to berate her on her foolishness when the cold sting of metal kissed the skin of his throat. Blood flowed from his neck and in a moment of surprise he allowed himself to be pushed back and to let her pass. Bloodscream didn't even move, simply watched her flee up the stairs as quickly as she could.

As she disappeared from view he raised his hand to his neck, the cut had already healed and the blood would be reabsorbed into his system, but the entire thought that she had attacked him had him changing his opinion on her once again.

It appeared that she did indeed have courage. Bloodscream smiled, quiet satisfied with how the evening was turning out. He continued up the stairs after her at his own pace, let her run around like a chicken with it's head off. She would need him to show her the door.

"My dear lady," He called softly after her, "If thou art looking for the door I shall show thee."
    He grinned. "All thy need to do is ask"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:54 am

Zippy stopped at the end of the hall, looking both ways. She rubbed the back of her neck. "What now..."

The answer apparently came from right behind her when the creep offered to show her the door. She turned to face him, scowling. "Didn't you just say not to trust you? How do I know you're not gunna rip my face off and wear it as a mask?" She shot a look down the hall to her right, slowly sidestepping into it. Maybe he was right, she might need him to show her to the door. She reached into her pocket, keeping her hand on the knife in case he tried to attack her.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:59 am

"I would never do such a thing, it wouldst be a waste of blood and flesh." He answered honestly, walking over to the hidden rusted door. Bloodscream moved the board and pipes that had been semi hiding the door.

The bolts screeched as he opened it and a rush of fresh city night air rushed into greet them.

"Thou should never trust me, however thou were a most amusing guest, and for this I am willing to let the leave for now."

For now anyways, eventually he would get bored again, and when that happened.....well he made no promises then.

Bloodscream moved aside to let her pass.

"My Lady"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:17 am

"R-right." He was crazy. There was no doubt about it. She prepared to attack when he moved, only to see him reveal a door. Well, that made her feel like a bit of an ass. Her shoulders relaxed as he opened the door, taking a moment to hear him out.

A guest. He made it out like they'd had a nice little party and great conversation instead of her being scared out of her wits and then some. She nodded at him before stepping through the door, a dreadful feeling this could happen again lingering in her throat.

As soon as the cool night air hit her face, she took off running, not daring to look back. She ran and ran until she eventually found her way home, and even then-she ran straight to her room, slamming the door and locking it, blocking all her windows and collapsing into the floor, her whole body shaking. She stared off, confused and still scared, and wanting nothing more than to hide away from the world for a while.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:59 am

Bloodscream watched her go, the smell of her terror and the sight of her fleeing was nearly enough to give chase again. But he restrained himself, he was anything but a man without discipline. Though he feared he may have had stepped a bit out of that boundry tonight.

Oh well, what was done was done.

Ms. Overcast would probably throw something at him the next time she saw him, not too mention should it get out it was him the publics trust of him would dwindle. But the price would be worth the reward, and zippy's escape meant nothing of freedom for her.

He knew where she lived, he knew how to find her. The next time he got bored perhaps he could go and visit her instead. Bloodscream smiled to himself, oh yes that sounded like a very good idea actually.

The rusty door screeched shut behind him as he pulled it close and headed out into the city. The night was still young, and the man for hire was in a good mood. So why not enjoy the rest of his evening?

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:58 am