Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Something smells like... BUSINESS!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:04 am

"Hmm...." Get down to some dirty business with the risk of being found out or leave it for some other time? The answer was obvious and didn't require much thought, however. "Yeah, not such a bright idea after all." But she was a good sport about it, and she kissed his nose when he drew her close before stepping back. "Some other time would be best, yeah." She sure didn't want Proxy to get any wrong ideas and start chasing Zurg around with a dull switchblade.

She patted his chest momentarily before turning back to the plates. "As soon as these are done, we'll paint them, then I'll affix them to the skeleton. And then we'll be done! Well, the shell. You said you'd install something of your own in afterwards, right?" She picked up the last plate and began to sand it down.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:08 am

Why... did he not believe her. She putting up a good face, but given his reluctant history it had been a tough choice: between what was right, and what was best. No need to go into details for obvious reasons, you lurkers, but you get the gist of it. He allowed her some space and placed the plates he had finished upon the work station. Always a tough decision.

"I finished these so I'll get to painting. Do you have a large rolling brush? Covering the most surface area would quicken the time." He suggested.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 am

"Of course!" She bent down and rummaged through a few boxes or so, then produced a roll-on brush for him. "Straight from the department store! It's even still in the wrapper~!"

Getting up, she handed it over and resumed shaping out the last of the plates. "Reckon we're almost done here?" She eyed the edges of the plate critically and began to add the last finishing touches to it.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:14 am

"That'll do, thank you." Let him be the first to grace the new brush and dip it into the paint himself! To which he did, painting the lovely purple over his recent masterpiece and covering every inch of dulled silver he could find until the plates held to his liking. This process took him a good twenty minutes, but he was finally done, making sure to avoid getting paint upon himself.

"There! How's your end coming, Jo? Do you need this?" Zurg offered the paint roller to her in case she needed it.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:17 am

"Sure do! Thanks!" Jo had finished forming the plates a little while ago, but now it was time to add the last finishing touches. She dipped the roller in the paint and began to apply it to her own plates. Ooh, what a lovely metallic-purple!

"Oh, if you want the paint to dry quicker, I've got a machine we can put them in that'll dry them in two minutes tops," she offered, pointing to a machine in the back. Just how many machines did she have?!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:24 am

What? She had a machine that could dry paint?! Did she have a machine to make burritos, too? No, wait. Scratch that. She probably had a machine to harvest her own bunzel, beans, and flour. If there ever was a burrito shortage Jo would be well taken care of with no worries.

But what about him?

"So eager to get rid of me already, hmm? A second there you were all over me! I see how it is." The Evil Emperor joked, watching her work. It was an innocent joke enough, and he could afford a little tease now and then. "But putting the plates in the machine--whichever one--would help. Two minutes against an hour or more would greatly benefit. That is, if you want. We could still spend some more time together instead. I don't mind either way."

Her decision now.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:30 am

"Oh, you know I wouldn't ever want to get rid of you!" She knew he was joking, but it wouldn't hurt to remind him of just how much she appreciated him being there every now and again. She even bumped her hip against his again, smirking. "But cutting down on time would be helpful, right? You want this thing for tomorrow anyway. And we can still spend more time together once I'm done, if you're up to it~"

She carefully took the plates from him and indicated that he should follow. She led him to one of the other machines in the back. "Just open the hatch for me, please, so I can put these in." As soon as he'd done so, she placed them carefully on the rack before closing the hatch and locking it. "And now all we need to do is punch in the controls."

She indicated several buttons on the panel and pressed the one that read PAINT. Once she pressed it, a great whoosh of air could be heard from inside the machine as it switched on and vibrated on a low pitch. "There, that ought to do it! Let's paint the rest of the plates now."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:34 am

Dohoho, after this, eh? He smiled at the hip bump, but didn't feel much as a result. Every inch of him was covered in armour, horn to toe, so Jo wasn't going to do much damage like that! "Alright, I'm game! Maybe have lunch. My treat." And it better not be a blasted burrito...

He helped carry the plates, despite him not being an overly helpful person, and held the hatch open obediently as she set to work. Jo knew what she was doing so it was in his best interest to not interfere. The whoosh of air did startle him, however, and he took a quick step back out of alarm. "Noisy machines you have here." Zurg remarked, composing himself. "No wonder you keep them down here, in the basement. And near my room." Yes, HIS room. Why was that, Jo? No love for the wicked!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:42 am

"Better not be lunch at Sandy's!" Jo said with a small shake of her forefinger. "After that last fiasco with Morgana I don't really want to set foot in that place again...." And with good reason too. Those hooligans who jumped Zurg had been so rude! And Morgana herself, dousing her in her drink! She hadn't managed to get all the stains out of her dress. She only felt bad for the people Doom had made to sew the dress up on such short notice. "But yeah...." she smiled almost shyly, an almost stark-contrast to her boldness from before. "I'd like lunch together."

Jo waved a hand. "Yeah, they're noisy, but they do their job right. I do maintenance on them once a week. Takes a while, but it's better than having one explode in your face while you're working!" she laughed. Ah, morbid humor. She had definitely gotten that from Zurg. "And you're not around all that often for the noise to bother you," she reminded him. "Of course, I promise to not switch them on whenever you're around. Mechanic's honor!" She placed her hand above her heart in a pledge of sorts. "Now on to the rest of the plates!"

It took them around fifteen minutes or so to paint the rest, and by then the first plates had long since dried. They switched them in the machine and took the other plates out, as dry as if they'd just been purchased at a store. "Just look at that glow! Isn't it beautiful?" Jo marveled. She could never get over the sheen of metal.

Using her tools now, she set about installing them on the flea's skeleton. First, the base plate, then the other plates that would overlap upon them. She had to stop half-way to wait for the other plates to dry, however, before proceeding. "Looking good so far, don't you think?" she said proudly.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:55 am

Ugh, Sandy's. Even Zurg had to upturn his non-existent nose at the offer, clearly finding the name distasteful. "Hardly going there, Jo. After what happened last time, as you recall, I'd rather not step one more foot into that place unless it's to burn it to the ground and ravage the ground with salt!" A tempting idea, however. He'll file it away for future use! And what was this? Jo blushing at going out to lunch but having no shame in trying her hand at seduction? He must make fun at this!

"What? Jo Pistonne meek at dining together, but more than ready to strip me down into spare parts? I'm shocked." He feigned a small gasp, covering a portion of his mouth. "Nice priorities." Ah, there was the tease in her gut. The insult could be taken further by poking fun at her specie, but he wouldn't go below the belt on this one. But, she could do that, though... Ohohoo, pretend you didn't read that, children.

"Nice sense of humour. Do I detect morbidity?" Learning from the best she was! Only the best! Zurg helped her paint in the meanwhile, drawing mustaches and faces on the basement windows whenever the mechanic wasn't looking. He thought it brightened the place up! A certain... charm to it. When it came time to admire the plates he wasn't sure if he appreciate the glow like she did, but it did seem rather warm. To each their own! The Evil Emperor could only stand aside as to not bother the mechanic in her work, already preparing the rest of the plates into the machine and mimicking her actions.

"I think it's coming along just fine, Jo. I really appreciate you helping me out on this one." Zurg spoke over his shoulder before glancing back down at the machine and starting it.

Whiiiiiiir!

Noisy thing.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:12 am

"And I'll help!" Jo offered, waving the paint roller in the air and splashing her jumpsuit with some paint. Oh, craters. That would never come off now. But she blushed even harder at his keen observation. "I didn't want to.... to strip you down into spare parts!" she spluttered. Okay, maybe a part of her kind of did, but that was besides the point! "I was just.... well, you know...." Oh Jo, get a grip on yourself. Be assertive. Assertive! "....trying to be a bit, well...." And there she sputtered out like a fuse. She just couldn't go on. Blast it!

"Oh, y-you're welcome!" she said quickly, glad for a change in subjects. "But you know I'd always help you out, no matter what!" Maybe not in the most evil of his evilest plans, but she'd always try her best.

The last of the plates were finally complete and Jo affixed them too, even installing the plate on top with hinges on one side to make a cover for the opening of the flea's top. It took around a half hour, maybe more, but by the time she was finished, the flea was ready. Jo stepped back to admire her handiwork. "Done!" she announced. She turned to Zurg. "Guess this is your cue, champ! Let her rip~!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:39 am

"Uh-huh." That was all Zurg was going to say on that matter, deciding not to embarrass the poor mechanic further. Say, she looked good with a bit of purple. Too bad she didn't like the colour as he had. It was such a nice, regal colour, too! "And you were trying to...?" Oh, this was too delicious to pass up. He rolled a hand, giving her a curious glance. "Don't choke now! Where's that backbone of yours you're famous for, Jo? Surely a fiercely independent woman such as yourself won't let an equally fiercely independent man such as myself stop you from speaking your mind. No walls here, remember?"

And it was one of his most evil plans, just she wait! This would be the first evil deed of the new year! Mark his evil words.

Ah, it was finally done! At least her part. Zurg clapped his hands and gave her a one-armed hug and a side peck. "Thank you, Jo. This would have taken my staff a week! A week! The little cretins. Now, you better stand back. I wouldn't want this blowing up in your face, so to speak. HORNETS!" He barked loudly. "Let's get to work."

Three yellow-and-black robots marched up, holding bundles of circuitry and wires, the Evil Emperor taking off his gauntlets with a cold metallic hiss. This would require a delicate touch, and it would need it all. He rolled up his sleeves and put on safety goggles, taking a few alien-looking tools and snapping them on, the crystalline tip crackling with energy. Ah, these tools felt good in his hands once more. It was now time for Jo to see how he worked, and it was certainly not like metalwork.

He first got down and opened the flea itself, testing the hinges for support. Once satisfied he took the crackling tool in his right hand, the one like a carving pen, and he then pressed it into the metal, creating glowing, molten grooves. "I am inlaying the spaces for the wires." Zurg remarked, carving what seemed like routes on a circuit board. The lines were very straight and the more he carved the more it seemed like some bizarre, alien art. Circles, lines; roads, highways. This was where the information would travel.

All in all this process would take at least twenty long minutes. Hopefully Jo didn't mind waiting this time as he continued his work upon his knees, concentrating.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:56 am

Well, when Zurg put it that way, he had a point. "Alright," she said, putting everything down and turning back to him, hands on her hips. "I was just trying to be more.... assertive on that most delicate of subjects." She tried not to make a face at herself. Oh cosmos, what was she saying. "Like, kind of pass on that there's something more in store.... if you're willing.... to claim it." Oh just listen to herself ramble like this. She should shut up right now and get back to work, which she did, but not before blushing as red as the paint in her spray bottle.

But she hugged him back once it was completed, glad to have helped him save a week's time. She stood back obediently as he began to get to work, but couldn't help but try to see what he was doing, as well, slapping on her own goggles for protection. How interesting. It looked like he was forming grooves. For the wires, eh?

She didn't mind waiting at all, curious to see what else he would do next. She found this exciting and she wondered whether she could implement anything for her own personal use.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:06 am

With a reaction like that, Zurg had to bang his head against the flea's interior, producing a hearty metal clang. "Ow! Claim it?" What the dickens did that mean? He took some time to tend his wound before peering at Jo quizzically from his work. "And they call me a masochist. Hmph! Red owes me money!"

But he went back to his work, inlaying his intricate grooves and notches for final adjustments. With a smile forming, of course, as he considered Jo's words. "It depends on what you mean by claiming."

Hah! Check and mate!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:36 am

Jo laughed, but rubbed his shoulder momentarily when he hurt himself. Oh, she was a masochist alright. "Maybe a little," she admitted with a small smirk. Why were they still on this subject anyway? Oh well, take it in stride, take it in stride.

"Well...." she said slowly, hands clasped behind her back as she began to circle him. "I'm right here, ripe for the picking...." She settled against the workbench, perhaps laying against it a little more.... sensuously than usual, crossing her arms in just the right position. "All you have to do is make your move~"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:10 am