Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Something smells like... BUSINESS!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:40 am

Proxy was starting to get impatient. What was it that Zurg wanted him to say anyway? To reveal dirtier secrets? He could do that too, with or without being concerned that Zeb might overhear.

"And what of your recent disposal of a certain individual who was quite the thorn in your side?" he asked casually, grabbing the bolt Zurg kept tossing. "I could say more, if you are curious."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:44 am

"Dooohohohohoohahahahahahha." Zurg simply let out a low chuckle, sensing the robot's rising temper. He had taken a notice that whenever Proxy was agitated or bothered, the robot would try his hand at spite. So full of character! So full of flaws! So... human. "Why don't you say more, then? Does it look like I care a single atom? Hardly."

There were many things Zurg cared about and the current subject was not one.

"The information is yours to do as you see fit. It was why I gave you the book. A chance to play... god so to speak." The tyrant grinned from horn to horn before having himself a look around. "The only problem for you is--" He then turned with something in his hand, a totem. "--will your actions bring about dire consequences?"

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:54 am

Proxy was more unnerved than ever now. Just when he thought he and Zurg were getting along, the blasted tyrant had to go ruin things and make him mad. Try to come out on top, like he always did. Like he was more superior than him. Like he was better. Hmph!

Proxy was about to reply with another scathing comment, but noticed the small wooden carving Zurg produced from somewhere within his robes. It was a miniature version of the emperor, but it was made from wood and a little sloppily painted. But Proxy could recognize the craftsmanship anywhere. It was the totem Jo had made for Zurg.

"....I have no desire to assume the tendencies of fictional beings organics believe to hold a higher power." The robot said. "And I would not tell anything to Creator-Josephine that could potentially harm her." Proxy shoved the boxes back into their places a little more forcefully than usual, still rather irritated. "So leave her out of this." He slammed the cupboards shut.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:59 am

Of course, Proxy jumped the plasma barrel as he always did. Zurg had foreseen that a parsec away. Instead of teasing, however, the Evil Emperor flipped the totem to its other side; his side. "I didn't mean Jo." He then pocketed it, sighing.

"I meant myself. The information within that book you covet could topple me. After all, is that book about Jo? You know what they say about assuming, Proxy~!" Zurg said in singsong. "And I don't think I need to tell you why."

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:11 am

Proxy finally managed to calm down, at least a little, to see clearly. Even he himself thought his personality chip was sometimes a bother. Better in some cases to be unemotional and unfeeling. But he knew he still wouldn't trade it for the world. But back to Zurg.

Proxy had to admit, he'd read a few things that he had taken interest to. But they were things he did not fully understand. Feelings, uncertainties, confessions of a troubled mind. Sometimes he had felt like he had been reading something not meant for his eyes. Too personal, it had felt. Like he was intruding on something no one was meant to know about.

"You mean how it reveals that you are not as evil as you make yourself out to be?" he asked curiously, somewhat confused.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:16 am

"Ahhh, morality. What a can of worms that is. If you're ever so bold, my dear, why not stop into the Sanctuary and drop that sucker right into the middle of a peaceful afternoon? I'm sure certain characters are liable to gobble them right up. Yes, my dear Proxy~! But, between you and me..." Zurg placed secretive hands upon the robot and glanced over his shoulders, lowering his voice with a broad grin as he faced Proxy.

"Everyone is a little wicked, including yourself~! It just so happens I use evil as a lynch pin to shove my weight around the place! And it works, might I add. What a group wouldn't do if you pressured their children or their weak. Some call it evil, but I call it smart thinking. Your mileage may vary, naturally." He concluded and let go, having his fill of torturing Proxy.

...For now.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:28 am

Proxy was about to say something, but at that point Jo entered the room--almost right on cue.

"Hi, boys! Miss me? I went back down stairs again and put the metal to melt. But we've still got loads of time on our hands." She left a tray of some snacks on the counter, for Zeb to take some if he was hungry. Jo had already eaten a bit herself. "Here's something for you, Big Z. Got you some shrimp popcorn! Always try to have a little on hand for emergencies like these.

She grinned at Proxy and Zurg. "So, what were you two talking about?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:33 am

Oh, look. Saved by Jo. Proxy was certainly lucky today! And when the mechanic asked what they had been conversing about, Zurg eyed the robot a stern look and replied. "We've just been counting bolts. I thought it'd be best to help with inventory. And are those popcorn shrimp for me~? Jo, really, you shouldn't have!"

His wiggling fingers plucked one right up and he popped it into his mouth with a simple wrist flick. "How's the metal coming, Jo?" He asked the moment his teeth closed.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:38 am

"Aw, you were helping Proxy with the inventory? That's my Big Z, always so selfless~!" she gushed, blissfully unaware, as he handed over the small bowl.

It took all of Proxy's robotic willpower and then some to not break the pipe-wrench in his hand.

"The metal's coming along beautifully. Melting faster than fat melts off of a Jo-Adian, that's for sure!" she joked, laughing. "But on a more serious note, everything's going according to schedule. But we still have a lot of time on our hands. Want to get to cleaning that evil room of evil intentions of yours?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:42 am

Dohoho. When he was a stinker, he was a stinker. Zurg politely refused anymore snacks and took a side by Jo, evidently a master at changing face at the drop of a dime--or in this case a screw. "Well, if you don't mind, Jo, I'd like to get cleaning on that aberration of a room. Proxy, would you like to come along, or would you rather be a dear and finish up the rest of our work together~?"

He ended his teasing with a wink when Jo wasn't looking.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:55 am

That did it. Proxy was stock-still for a moment, before he put the pipe-wrench back in its place, not bothering to catalog it yet. "I think you have helped me more than enough, Zurg-Emperor. I do believe it is now my turn to help you. I shall accompany you both to aid you in your cleaning efforts." When Proxy put his mind to something, he was usually dead-set in it.

"Alright!" Jo grinned. Today was a slow day anyway. That was a good thing. It meant more work could be done. "Zeb, if you need any help, just holler and Proxy or I will be right with you," the mechanic told him, leading the way out of the room and back downstairs again.

She found the light-switch and turned it on, entering Zurg's room. Wow, it was even dustier than she'd thought! "This is what happens when I don't touch this room for months," she mused, tapping her chin with a finger.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:59 am

Hook, line, and sinker. Zurg just put on a polite smile and lowered his eyelids a tad, seemingly smug with something only he knew. "How wonderful~! I do like spending time with my favourite robot~! Come, come, Proxy! We mustn't tarry behind, now!" He cooed dotingly while following Jo back down, this time being careful to go in sideways and avoid the embarrassing event of him getting stuck again.

When they entered the dusty room once more the Evil Emperor looked at it in high disdain and held his cape close. "Human skin... Jo, you certain you haven't been down in here? This certainly isn't my skin caking everything that isn't us."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 am

Proxy shook his head but followed, finding Zurg's crab-waddling amusing. Once they had entered, Proxy looked around in interest. He had never been here before, and he was curious to see what exactly Zurg had hidden away here.

"I haven't been in here since that time with Barry," Jo protested, hands on her hips. And she was sure Zeb hadn't been down here either, because the only footsteps around were hers and Zurg's from before. It wasn't like it was years and years of dust. It was just a very faint sheen here and there, dusting everything. At least the machines were covered in large bags for protection.

"And now's nit the time to be picky! Now's the time to clean this dump up!" She pried open a closet door and removed some brooms, handing them to Proxy and Zurg. "You boys sweep.... I'll dust!" she said, grabbing a feather-duster and a rag.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:11 am

Zurg grudgingly took the broom when forced, and he eyed the cleaning instrument with mixed feelings. Cleaning... that maid image was coming back again. "Nnngh... but this isn't even my dust!" He objected while sweeping a finger to gather a suitable amount to show everyone. "Does this look purple to you!?" Of course it didn't!

The Evil Emperor snorted and started to whip the dirty particles upon the floor over to Proxy's feet, making a neat little pile around the robot. "There. Done. How long is that metal going to take, again?"

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:18 am

Jo blinked. "Your dust comes in purple?" Why did human dust come in gray when they were pink? Well, flesh-toned. It was a pinkish-yellow anyway. Shrugging, she began to dust off a tabletop with the feather-duster, causing more dust to drift to the floor.

With a roll of his eyes, Proxy carefully stepped out of the dust Zurg pushed all over his feet and began sweeping as well.... covering the hem of Zurg's robes and cape with dust in the process. If Zurg wanted to play, two could play this game!

"Around fifteen more minutes to melt, then forty to cool," Jo replied, humming happily. She wasn't one to like cleaning, but she was amusing herself by drawing faces in the dust before sweeping it all away. "And we're not done yet. Just look at all that dust around you two!" It didn't occur to her that she might be adding more to the dust on the floor and that Zurg and Proxy were butting heads--or brooms--together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:10 am