Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Something smells like... BUSINESS!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Jo's face instantly brightened at the prospect of further examining the Flea. "Would you really? Oh, thank you!" She gave him a quick, tight hug in gratitude before pulling back again. She was so eager to see what changes Zurg had made to it that the subject of cost only came to her right then and there.

"Oh! Right.... Normally, speed commissions are expensive, but you can forget about it." She waved a hand. "Consider it my treat and a thank you for the teryllium you got for me last time," she smiled, giving him a small wink.

He hugged her back in turn, drawing her close. She relaxed against him, unable to keep herself from grinning. "I'd like that.... and sure, we can ask Proxy and Zeb whether they'd like to join us! But that would eliminate your chance of claiming and serenading me~" She suddenly frowned up at him, fingering the insignia on his chest. "Far vixen? You've mistaken me for someone else! I'm no fair vixen! Maybe you need to get your eyes checked~" she teased, flicking his nose.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:07 am

Ah, knew he was almost forgetting something! Payment! No good trade shouldn't be paid after a job! It just wasn't good business practice.

"Don't be silly, Jo!" Zurg objected while he pulled away slightly, still keeping his hold upon her. "You worked hard to help me, and since you did such a good work I must pay you. At least let me pay you, Jo. I know you're searching for a house and you're very stubborn with pride, so anything I can give you will help. And if not for labour, then at least for me." He wanted to help her save, he really did! And as for the teryllium... don't remind him. That was a rare feat of swallowing his own pride, right there. "We still need to talk about that, too. Maybe at lunch!"

And of course he had to laugh at what she repeated. Serenading and claiming! Humans were so... so... so horny! And they had no horns to speak of! "I don't mind your staff coming over. I'll even pay for their meals. I do like to put on for a crowd!" He listened to her speak and fiddle with his insignia while a hand had drifted over to her hip, rubbing absentmindedly. Not a fair vixen? Surely she jested! And a flick to his face! Surely something a vixen would only do!

"My eyes are perfectly fine!" Not really, though, as he couldn't make out the finer features of her face this close. Okay, so maybe he did need glasses. "Anyway, here you are, Jo." Zurg broke off the contact gently and took a metal case one of his Hornets had been carrying for him. Inside would be many crisp bills, not a single one Jo didn't earn, and he offered it to her, closed.

"Payment for the speed commission. Please, take it. You'll insult me if you don't~!"

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:34 am

"Big Big Z--" But it was apparent that he wouldn't allow any buts in the situation as he carefully disengaged from her and went over to one of his Hornets--it was only then that Jo wondered what they thought about someone getting so close to their emperor--coming back with a briefcase containing several rolls of credits. Several hundred, actually.

"But that's too much! I couldn't possibly--" But then she remembered what they'd discussed a while back, about how she was always too stubborn to accept his financial aid when all he wanted to do was help her--and in this case actually pay her for helping him construct something he'd need.

"Well.... Alright." She sighed, then took the briefcase from him, still feeling a little uneasy about accepting so much money from someone, but she reminded herself that this wasn't wrong and that it was Zurg. She felt a little better about it, but still not entirely. "Thank you.... I really do appreciate it."

She looped her arm through his then. "Shall we go upstairs and tell the others about lunch, then~?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:18 pm

"Oh, come now, Jo!" Zurg threw a harmless hand at her objections. "This is what I would normally pay, minus the fee that I brought in the parts. Besides, I've also included the remainder of Barry's payment. He, ah, did a little house cleaning for me. A mutual transaction, to be sure." Poor Jo. She looked so awkward holding that case of cold, hard cash. And he hadn't even tainted it yet, either!

But he didn't tell her otherwise, glad she finally accepted his aid, and Zurg cheerfully interlocked his arm with hers. "We shall, and you can pay for lunch this time~! Last one upstairs is a rotten moo-moo!" He playfully shoved her aside, but lightly, as he made his way for the stairs.

Of course he got stuck once again, and Zurg just sighed.

"On second thought, just go up before me. I'll be the rotten moo-moo..." At this point he didn't care anymore!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:27 am

"Oh! You have?" That was a lot of money, but it was a good thing it was all paid off now. Barry would have been paying for years if Zurg hadn't paid her now. She also tried not to think about just what sort of "cleaning" Barry had helped him with....

"Alright! I'm paying!" She released him and let him go upstairs, but of course, got stuck in the doorway. She should have had bigger doors installed.

"No, we'll go up together. Come on~!" She helped him get out into the corridor, then pushed him up the stairs gently, following close behind. They soon reached the top, then Jo steered Zurg towards the workshop, where Proxy and Zeb were still counting.

"Hey, guys! We're done!" She put the briefcase away underneath her table to sort later, then turned to the two. "Any of you up for a lunch break with Zurg? It's on the house~!"
    [INACT.] Zeb Brooks
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Post by [INACT.] Zeb Brooks on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:32 am

Zeb glanced over, noticing the briefcase but not asking. It wasn't his business. He returned to the inventory, working hard to finish it up. "No, Miss Jo, I think I'll stay here to finish up the inventory. You and Proxy go ahead." He smiled at them, then went back to checking and counting.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Hmm, the newbie didn't want to dine with the Evil Emperor even on his dime? Interesting. Zurg wasn't used to someone actually refusing him before. But, strangely, he wasn't angered by the refusal and he interestingly enough respected the man's decision. His loss, you know.

"Very well, I can take a hint. I'm not your type!" Zurg poo-poo'd the air with a hand before directing his sights onto the mechanic and her lumbering creation. "What do you two feel like having? I already know Jo isn't one for spicy, no matter how good it is." For once he felt sorry that Proxy couldn't eat.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:55 am

"Awww." She'd been hoping Zeb would have wanted to come along. It would have been a great way for them all to get to know each other. But she wouldn't pressure him. And she sure was hungry! "You can still get a lunch break, you know! We've got a lot to catalog but a few hours won't make much of a difference. You coming, Proxy?"

Though it was against the robot's better judgement, seeing as he was still sore about Zurg's taunting previously, it wasn't like him to refuse a challenge. "I suppose I must." He laid aside some boxes, then got back to his feet.

"Hey, I don't mind spicy!" Jo protested. "....At least too much," she added. "It's just.... Cosmo's Cosmic Chilli really is cosmic!" The only time she'd tried it, she'd nearly cried her eyes out and burnt her tongue and throat. It'd been really spicy! Her stomach had protested for hours after that!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:50 pm

"Atta boy, Proxy!" Zurg playfully, but harshly, gave the robot a punch in the shoulder. Ohohoho, he was going to enjoy this if it was the last thing he did. And that meant Proxy was going to suffer. A lot. Ah, the wonders of being evil~! He quit picking on the poor thing when he heard Jo trying, and failing, to step up to the challenge.

"Pffft, you can't stomach real spice, mecha-babe." He snorted with a haughty tease. That outta get her flame going. "I hold the record for Cosmo's cosmic chili, and there's nothing spicy on this world that I can't stomach! But don't take my word for it~!" Zurg cooed with an evil rub of his hands. A classic schemer.

"Let's go~! I want to enact on my brag~!"

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:37 am

Oh, that did it. With hands on her hips, Jo suddenly grabbed his arm. "Alright, you purple punk. Let's settle this challenge once and for all. To Cosmo's for chili and we'll see who'll have the last laugh! Hah!"

And as she began to drag him out the door, Proxy could only sigh in a robotic fashion and prepare to clean up his creator's blunder when the time came.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:53 pm