Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Something smells like... BUSINESS!

Post by Zurg on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:09 pm

"Hurry up, hurry up!" The Evil Emperor Zurg clapped at his robotic flunkies, disgruntled at their sluggish pace. No good Hornets! Always thinking that their time was the right time. He was going to fix that if it was the last thing he di--Ahem! He was rambling yet again. Zurg fanned a hand, realizing that didn't matter right now, and he turned to face the door of Jo's establishment. Well, she certainly seemed to be doing well for herself! Good for her. He had a job for her to do, and with the giant line of Hornets carrying various materials one could tell the Evil Emperor was up to something.

With a knock and a step back, the Evil Emperor waited to see if she was open. He did say he would be arriving pretty early, after all!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Something smells like... BUSINESS!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:05 am

And Zurg had arrived early--perhaps too early, since the only one who greeted him when the door whooshed open was Proxy. "Oh, greetings, Zurg-Emperor," he said, taking a step back to let the horned alien enter. "Creator-Josephine told me that you would be arriving in the morning.... you are very punctual."

Proxy's single eye lingered upon the other robots, unsure how to feel about his brethren when they were far less intelligent than he. However, the robots were probably not Zurg's concern at the moment. Proxy spied the robotic parts in their arms and put two and two together.

"Shall I go get Creator-Josephine? She is probably in one of the back rooms, still trying to wake up." Mornings just never agreed with Jo.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:27 am

"Proxy~!" The robot was greeted with a firm handshake and the Evil Emperor let himself right on in, robotic staff in tow. Proxy needn't mind the Hornets; they were far too imbecilic to understand that they were inferior. Their pathetic, monotonous lives were to suit Zurg! A fabulous role in life, no?

That said, Zurg dusted himself and looked around Jo's shop, soaking in the ambiance, if it were. "Well... I see Jo's been busy." He remarked, perhaps a little wee bit curious, as he noticed all the tools strewn about. She wasn't kidding about that business! "And she's not up still? It wasn't me this time!"

He gave a good, generous laugh and punched Proxy in the arm playfully, wiping a tear. "Ohohoho, that was a good one! I kill myself!" But he came to his senses and cleared his throat. "Yes, please do go get her. I've got a schedule to keep, and this will take time and effort! Chop, chop!"

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:31 am

"Hmmmm, yes," Proxy mused. He didn't rub his shoulder, for he had felt no real discomfort at the punch. "Your humor is quite ironic given the other day...."

The robot didn't elaborate however and stepped back to the give the Hornets some space. "I will go get her. I am sure that she will wake up the moment she hears that you have arrived."

And with that, he disappeared into the back room. Hopefully Zurg's Hornets wouldn't touch anything...
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:34 am

"Oh, Proxy, you're so territorial. Go get Jo like a good shopkeeper. I have business with her!" The Evil Emperor made shooing motions and watched him go, making sure to keep a keen eye on his staff. And just as well for one Hornet was already starting to bend over to touch something.

"Do you mind!?" Zurg snorted.

Hornets!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:41 am

Territorial or not, that was how Proxy was, and he wasn't about to change anytime soon. Programming, you see. He climbed down the stairs to the other workshop. Jo was currently slumped in a chair, rubbing her puffy eyes.

"Creator-Josephine, Zurg-Emperor has just arrived and is requesting your presence." He noted her appearance. "And perhaps you should start going to bed earlier," he suggested.

"Oh! He's here? Already?" Zurg really was an early bird. "I'm awake, I'm awake, I'm awake!" She jumped up, pushing any offending hair out of her eyes. It was getting longer.... maybe she was due for a trim. "And yeah, I think I should get into the habit of sleeping earlier....."

She yawned, not bothering to cover her mouth as she walked up the stairs and parted the bead curtains. It was too early for Zeb to have arrived yet. "Big Z! Always the opportunist, I see! You've graced us as our first customer today~!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:49 am

Zurg stopped chastising his robotic goons and picked up his head, spotting Jo part through the beaded curtain. She had a bead curtain? How retro and cool! "Jo! I should always be gracing your shop, as much as Proxy despises it!" He came forth to give her a heartfelt hug and pulled away with an amused look.

"You need to go to bed earlier. Pretty soon you will have black bands under your eyes like me!" He traced a careful talon around where her bags were. "Anyway, hope I didn't wake you up too early. PZT is approximately ten hours behind, so I had to take advantage of what window I had. Ready to do some business with your favourite evildoer?"

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:11 am

"Nah, he loves you, he really does." Jo gave him a warm hug back. "He just doesn't like showing it like me~!"

"I resent that comment," Proxy mumbled.

Jo reached up to finger Zurg's bands carefully. "I've been telling you to sleep more.... at this rate we'll both become creatures of ze night!" She wiggled her fingers, having assumed a deeper and creepier voice at the last words, then laughed.

"Yeah, I'm ready! What can I do for my favorite Evil Emperor?" She pulled out a wrench and spun it around in her fingers. "Bust in a few heads? Screw off some bolts? You name it!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:48 am

"You resent it only because it's true, Proxy! Learn to express yourself like Jo, here!" He then laughed at her terrible vampire impersonation and shook his head. "You know how I am about vampires! And if sleeping means I won't have deal with one..." He tapped her nose, referring to her. "Then by all means, I'll sleep! Evil Emperor's honour." Zurg even made way to cross his black hole of a heart with a claw.

He let her go to motion to his Hornets and directed them to fan out. "What you can do for me, my dear Jo, is construct..." Dramatic pause, camera zoom. "...A mind scrambler." Oooh, aaah!

Zurg took out a roll of paperwork and splayed it upon one of Jo's work tables, placing tools at the corners to keep it straight. "This!" He indicted to the white lines. "Is a mind scrambler. I need it constructed to block out the mental prowess of those with *ahem* higher mental capacities than myself." The device wasn't too big, perhaps four feet high and three feet across. It looked like a fat, little flea on six legs with a protective dome at its front. What was its purpose?

"Think you can build it? My Hornets have the parts." He gestured to his lined up minions.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:55 am

"Forgive me if I will not greet you with hugs and kisses," Proxy said wryly. "I find such organic greetings uncomfortable...."

Jo chuckled, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. She felt so bubbly and ticklish whenever Zurg was around. And especially whenever he tapped her nose like that. But she was also interested in what exactly he wanted her to make, and it was soon revealed to be a mind scrambler.

Jo inspected the blueprints with a critical eye, in business mode now. "So do you want it to make smarter people dumb or are these mind waves actually a force to contend with?" His answer would determine the direction this construction would take.

"Sure, I don't see why not. I don't have a lot of commissions on hand. None that need to be finished quickly, anyway." I think I could build it now, if you've got the time to stick around."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:59 am

Zurg just rolled his eyes at the robot. "You're so hopeless. GO CRACK A FEW CODES! Sound like one of my AIs." But the Evil Emperor would think no more of it and listened to Jo. "Oh! Hmm. It's really just for a certain individual. I don't want to make people idiotic--they already are! This is just to prevent certain abilities like telekinesis and hogwash like that." As for the generators supplying the power, Zurg would install those himself.

"And now would be excellent! I've got the dime, if you've got the time."

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:09 am

Proxy merely scowled, his version of the facial expression merely a series of whirs and clicks. He moved over to another side of the room and began to catalog the items of a display cabinet. He liked Zurg, he really did, but that didn't mean they wouldn't stop bickering.

"Aha! That makes sense!" Jo snapped her fingers, checking a few last things in the plans. If this was about mental powers like telekinesis, she knew the direction she had to take this construct in. Maybe change a few things here or there, but nothing too major. "Ohh, pfft. I don't take dimes, daaaaarling, but I do take speed commissions on the go!"

She rolled up the blueprints and put them under her arm. "Proxy, I'll be taking Zurg to the downstairs workshop. I don't want to be bothered for the next few hours. If you and Zeb could keep doing inventory, that'd be great. Thanks!"

She motioned to Zurg to follow her, not knowing whether the Hornets would follow or not but not minding either way as long as they kept to themselves and parted the bead curtain. She passed a few rooms before reaching the end of the hallway, where she turned on a light and climbed down a narrow series of steps to the lower floor. Here was another narrow hallway, but she took the door to the right. It led into another workshop of sorts, with dimmer lighting and far more scrap metal and chaotically-ordered items strewn around. She had several large machines of unknown origins off to one side, and an archaic-looking forge on the other.

She placed the blue prints on one of the clear worktables. "Just have them leave the stuff here. I need to see if we're missing anything."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:15 am

"Eeeeuugh..." Zurg shivered at Jo saying 'darling'. Was that really catching on? How horrid! But he did have to perk up at Jo saying they would go downstairs. Not her, they. "Down... stairs? This place has a downstairs?" Well, he learned something new everyday!

The Evil Emperor shrugged to one of his Hornets, apparently the robot shrugging back, and he signaled them to follow her all the way down. The narrow stairwell was a bother, as Zurg kept grunting and trying to fit his pauldrons through. "Lousy...! Armour...!" And again, a narrow passage. Terrific! He just dreaded how he was going to get back up. Thankfully Jo led them to a room with much more space and Zurg let out a sigh, wiping his forehead. Say... where was this?

It looked like some kind of workshop, alright, with machines and a forge. It was actually very spooky...

"This... isn't where you're going to cut me up and put my delectable purple flesh into meat pies, is it?" Zurg had such an imagination at times.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:25 am

"No, silly!" Jo laughed. "This is just where I handle most of the big stuff. The workshop upstairs is for regular, every day things. We each have out own little workspace. But it's a bit of a mess now because we're doing inventory. So the downstairs workshop was the ideal place to go. And your evil room of evil intentions is next-door," she added, just in case he forgot. She hadn't touched it in a while.... it would probably be a little dusty.

She cracked her knuckles, enjoying the sound and feel of preparing herself. This was what she lived and breathed for. "Now then! If we want this sucker to mess with brain waves--psychic brain waves--we're going to have to make sure everything's precise!"

She looked around for one of the Hornets. "First, the base! What construct would be a construct without its base? And an evil construct at that~!" She had never had a proper audience to watch her work before, so she was going to enjoy this.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:29 am

"Ah, right. Room of evil intentions." Did he seriously name that, or did she? Zurg could only scratch a horn, feeling mighty... well, out of place. He simply watched a few Hornets plant their materials down, waiting further instruction. Here comes the part he was hesitant with.

".....What am I to do?" He asked helplessly. "This is where I normally outsource the materials to labour! I... I don't know how to build this thing!" That's what grubs were for!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:14 am