Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    240/240  (240/240)
    Stamina Bar:
    38/38  (38/38)

Continuing Training

Post by [INACT.] Blade Toyaka on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:21 pm

It had been awhile since their fight and Blade was interested in doing something again. He recalled some old saying about how idle minds were the devil's tools or idle hands. Whatever. Point was he should keep busy. He entered the store looking around.

"Oi Zippy?" he called. "I'm here about that training"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: Continuing Training

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Zippy looked up from her moping when she heard Blade's voice; a cigarette dangling out of her mouth. The shop smelled of smoke and vanilla febreeze. "Hey Blade. Trai-oh, right. Right." She got up and turned the radio down, Lily Allen playing loudly. She cracked her back, looking around wondering what to start with. "Can you change a tire or a doorknob?" She raised her pierced brow at him, though her pink bangs hid the neon orange captive beads. The girl's baggy army green pants covered her shoes, making noises as she walked around the shop, checking everything while she though.

"First, you're going to change a tire on one of my regular's cars; then, change the basement door's knob. After that, we'll get to hand-to-hand combat, alright?" She leaned against the table in the very back, straightening her grey shirt that read 'ARMY' across the chest in black. Her face was blank, not willing to deal with nonsense at this point. Afterall, she had insomnia, and was working harder than she normally did. "I'll tell ya right now, I'm not gunna deal with any shit, you got that? If you're not serious, walk out right now."
    [INACT.] Blade Toyaka
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 19

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    240/240  (240/240)
    Stamina Bar:
    38/38  (38/38)

Post by [INACT.] Blade Toyaka on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:58 pm

His nose caught the smoke and it made him long to get a hold of a cigarette again. But he remembered the damage he had already done to his body . he winced at the sound his back made when it cracked. "er...no . Not really." he looked down and added in a small voice, "the house staff did that".

He coughed and then looked up. 'That sounds good" he said , nodding. He was nervous , 'what the hell are you talking about you've never done that in your life' he thought. Just imagining the grease made him shudder a bit. "r-right. Tire and, eh doorknob." He hoped to get through with that stuff quickly.

"No I'm alright" he said. He didn't want to be on the receiving end of Zippy's rage so he could put up with mess and imminent pain. Right?
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:13 pm

House staff. Hmph.

Seems the boy was smartening up, though. He knew better than to piss her off. Good boy. She pushed herself off the table, walking towards the door. With one final, long drag, she flicked her cigarette onto the sidewalk as soon as she got outside. "C'mon. Car's right out here." She looked over her shoulder at him, then rolled her head towards the street. In front of her shop was a car he might've noticed; an old, banged up Volkswagon.

Once Blade had followed her out, she grabbed some keys out of her pocket, opening the trunk. "Get the tire iron, and the jack." She crossed her arms, expecting him to know what she was talking about. Just in case, though, she eyed the two tools. She then walked around the car, kicking the passenger front tire. It was obviously flat, and depressed looking, in dire need of replacement. "Now, put the jack right here-" she pointed under the door, by the tire. "Then, start pumping the lever to lift the car until the tire's off the ground by a few good inches."
    [INACT.] Blade Toyaka
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    240/240  (240/240)
    Stamina Bar:
    38/38  (38/38)

Post by [INACT.] Blade Toyaka on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Blade followed her taking one moment to stop and sniff in the last of the cigarette smoke. God, he missed that. He quickened his pace when Zippy looked back at him.

"That's your car?" he sounded rather surprised but didn't voice anything else he was thinking about the car's current state. When she opened the trunk he just stared at the objects inside trying to figure out which was which and still look like he knew what he was doing. He looked at her and then followed her gaze and picked up the tools.

He went over to the tire and knelt down, audibly whining and cringing at the though of getting all the dirt from the road on him. He took a deep breath and reminded himself that he would be taking a nice long shower when he got home. He placed the jack in the indicated spot and then started pumping the lever. After a few moments he stopped to take a breath then started again.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:40 pm

"No, I own a light cycle. Soundwave's working on it right now, though." She sighed and crossed her arms, rubbing them to warm up, wondering why the hell she didn't put on a coat. "The car belongs to one of my regular customers, he agreed to let me borrow it for this."

She had such lovely customers...so nice, and polite! Anyway, where was-he was stopping?! Ack! "What are you doing? Keep pumping. There ya go...alright, that should be good." She shook her head at him, checking before grabbing the tire iron. She got down on her knees and started unscrewing a bolt. "See how I'm doin' this? Don't.Lose.The.Bolts." She grunted as she loosened it up, her muscles flexing. After a few spins, she got it loose enough to pull off and set it on the sidewalk. "Your turn."
    [INACT.] Blade Toyaka
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    240/240  (240/240)
    Stamina Bar:
    38/38  (38/38)

Post by [INACT.] Blade Toyaka on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:53 pm

"O-oh" he said. He was a bit more nervous at the thought of messing with someone else's car. 'Thanks a lot Zippy. Now I can't screw up or I'll piss off her and a customer' He gulped, 'No pressure'. He watched her start to unscrew the bolts. "My what?" was the intelligent response.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Zippy rolled her eyes. What a sourpuss. "Screw up? How can ya mess up a car changing the tire? If anything, ya won't get the screws on tight enough. Now, your. turn." She handed him the tire iron and pointed to the other 4 bolts. "Now, put some muscle behind 'em. Loosen 'em up, take 'em off, put 'em here and then pull the tire off. After ya do that, we'll go to part c of the plan. Go on."

She waved her hands, motioning for him to get a move on. "C'mon. If I can do it in freezing rain, you can do it now."
    [INACT.] Blade Toyaka
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    240/240  (240/240)
    Stamina Bar:
    38/38  (38/38)

Post by [INACT.] Blade Toyaka on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:15 pm

He grumbled to himself and started loosening a bolt. To be honest muscle wasn't something he had a lot of. He took a good five minutes to loosen one bolt before he could take it off , and the second one took a little less time and he noticed that he was sweating a little bit.

"Freezing rain bloody he-OW SHIT" bolt three fell off and he muttered a few more four letter words before moving to the last one.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:22 pm

"Yes, freezing rain. I had my first flat in November back home while I was driving around by the river. I couldn't leave my car alone!" She looked at him aghast. "Dad came out, and showed me how to change it. Asked me why the hell I didn't check to make sure it had air in it before leaving the house, too." Silly her. Why hadn't she made sure they were all full? That what it had been, too. She'd wondered why it was making funny noises.

She shook her head, leaving her memories and watching him work. "C'mon, c'mon. You're almost done. Snap to." She snapped her fingers, then looked at her nails. She needed to paint them. "Hm. What you think of the color blue? Like uh...royal blue or something?"
    [INACT.] Blade Toyaka
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    240/240  (240/240)
    Stamina Bar:
    38/38  (38/38)

Post by [INACT.] Blade Toyaka on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:17 pm

"Don't rush me" he grumbled
    He took a deep breath and in a few more moments the last bolt fell to the ground. "There"

"Oh and I suppose blue is nice"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:25 pm

"Hm...I need to do my nails...thinking blue or orange." She studied her nails, then looked over. "Oh, yeah. Now, pull the tired off, and grab the spare."

She drummed on her legs, waiting for him to do as told. As soon as this was done, they might go change the door knob to the basement door, it needed to be fixed, it was loose. Then, she'd get him to start a-punching a punching bag. And maybe she'd do her nails.
    [INACT.] Blade Toyaka
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    240/240  (240/240)
    Stamina Bar:
    38/38  (38/38)

Post by [INACT.] Blade Toyaka on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:47 pm

"Blue is better." he said. he leaned forward and struggled a bit before getting the tire off.

He took a deep breath and set it aside. "There" After taking a moment he picked up the spare. "Have to be pretty damn careful getting this little fucker on" he muttered to himself. He leaned forward and tried to position it right. He inwardly shuddered at the grease that was getting on his hands. "th-there" He pushed on and then leaned back. "Now the bolts"

[INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:11 pm

"Yeah...hm, what shade?" She thought for a minute. "Royal blue? Prussian? Midnight? Sapphire? Federal?" She blinked at him, then realized he probably didn't know these colors. Blue was just blue, light blue or dark blue to a lto of men, it seemed. Oh well.

Oh, lookie! He got the tire off! "Good, good! Now, be sure to tighten the bolts. Get 'em so tight, ya almost fall trying to get 'em tighter. After that, we'll go to the basement." She looked across the street to see if Barry was there. It surprised her that he hadn't snuck over to bother Blade yet, really.
    [INACT.] Blade Toyaka
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    240/240  (240/240)
    Stamina Bar:
    38/38  (38/38)

Post by [INACT.] Blade Toyaka on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:08 pm

"er...Royal Blue?" Blade suggested. He wasn't sure how he knew that , something to do with memories of going to the hair salon with his mother as a child (many times) as a child and spending time with a girlfriend who died her hair ( "I liked her, she was kinky" he mused). "Midnight seems a bit to dark. How about Topaz?"

He groaned with effort as he tightened the bolts. He continued to tighten the bolts until he felt like his body was burning up and he felt dizzy. "One ..done" he panted.

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:35 pm