Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

Long Overdue Inspection (Tag: Zurg, Agents K and J)

Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 23

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Re: Long Overdue Inspection (Tag: Zurg, Agents K and J)

Post by Agents K and J on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:02 pm

The man just mentioned torture! TOR-TURE. If that didn't scream 'I'm an evil bad alien, arrest me' then J didn't know what did anymore! "K, tell me we're not going t--."

"Let's go, Slick." K interjected before anything else would happen. "We're finished here. Thank you for your time, Evil Emperor. Mr. Red, if you're ready." He acknowledged his supervisor.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Finally, they were going away and off his world. Zurg couldn't believe how relieved he felt, realizing he just mentally rhymed, and the Evil Emperor simply crosses his arms and tried to appear indiscernible. "Thank you for taking the time to... talk with me." He politely, if not sarcastically, replied to Agent K. "I do appreciate it when the law takes a more courteous interest in me. Don't I, Red?" He asked the demon a rhetorical question.

Before anyone could answer, the tyrant was already heading back towards his throne, and he took a seat, looking most stoic. The last thing he heard was Red's weak offer of taking him out to lunch, to which the Evil Emperor already had an answer.

"Maybe we will, Red, and maybe... we won't." And with that he pressed a button upon one of his armrests.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAING!

Suddenly the very floor underneath the officers opened up like a great big, black maw and swallowed them whole. It seemed that giant monogrammed 'Z' on the floor was a trap after all. Fortunately for them, however, Zurg was merciful enough to press the Expel to the front door button instead of the Feed to the moonshark button. How generous of him.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Well, if that didn't scream pissed off, Hellboy didn't know what did. The landing was rough, which was to be expected when you landed on your face, spitting out red sand. He could barely tell where he began and when the sand ended. He sluggishly got to his feet and dusted himself off. He wasn't keen on going down another chute. he didn't want to end up in stinky laundry. The smell would take days to scrub off.

"Let's go back to the ship." He didn't want to say or do anything else. He was more tired than anything else right now. He just wanted to lie down and sleep for a week. But he had to take the agents home. One of the drawbacks on living so far away from the capital.
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Had to admit, a trap door was not something either of the agents had been expecting. J was prone to giving out his classic, trademark squeal that K was used to by now, and the latter agent chose to remain cool and collect as he normally did. Together, with feeling, all three were expelled out of the fortress and they were soon greeted in a modest landing of red sand.

"KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY--thud!"

A plume of red sand went up everywhere, leaving them both to cough and once the dust had settled K was already at his feet, surveying.

"Well, at least he had the decency to kindly usher us out as quickly as possible." He remarked.

J could only look up incredulously at his partner, thinking perhaps the old man was finally off his rocker. "Decency? Decency is him not giving us a hassle in the first place and just answering your damn questions, K. Decency is NOT throwing us out like the trash." He spat out a mouthful of crimson grit and got back up, dusting. "And I just polished my shoes, too. Red! Your friend isn't very friendly!"
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:40 pm

"He probably felt we were as pesky as roaches," he commented dryly. Roaches were fun to crush underhoof--but not when you were the roach, of course. "And no shit, Sherlock, but you weren't exactly a saint yourself. You don't goddamn goad someone who's got the power of the sun in his little pinky!"

His bitterness was finally shining through, and he'd probably snap soon if Jay made any smart-ass remarks again. He knew he'd been wrong not to be impartial, but they'd been wrong too with their high and mighty attitude. He felt like such a kid for thinking like that, but he couldn't help but stubbornly think that it was true. He'd tried to keep everyone happy, but he ended up making everyone sour. But the mess afterward would be harder to clean up...
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:46 pm

"Oh, so I'm not a saint because I'm black, is that it?"

"Slick." K cut off the agent before he could, yet again, worsen the situation and the older of the pair knew what their boss was going through. "This job isn't easy, Mr. Red." K fixed the breathing apparatus back upon his face, feeling his lungs begin to irritate and his mouth become covered in toxic air particles. "We understand that friendships and bonds will be strained, but please realize that what you do you must do with the uttermost impartiality and resolve. You will make many enemies out of your friends, and the only people you will soon be able to relate to are your agents. It's how it goes."

Hopefully that would help the demon out. He seemed distraught with what had just happened.
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Hellboy was about to snap back, but Kay interjected smoothly, giving the demon his own two cents on the matter.

Hellboy's face twisted. He didn't want that to happen. He hadn't even wanted the job in the first place! But no one else could have possibly taken up the position at the time. And besides, what else could he do? He'd never really been Zurg's agent, there were no paranormal activities he could face. He didn't have any other options.

"It's not just the job." He activated his helmet, his lungs feeling dry and his voice cracking in his ears from the atmosphere. "It's this place." Portal Breach was making him lose his friendships. First it was Abe. Then it was Xenon. And now it was Zurg.

"Whatever. Let's get the hell out of here. I need a drink."

It looked like he wouldn't stick to his no drinking rule, after all.
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:32 pm

"I hear you on that one." J didn't have any love for Portal Breach either, thinking that this was all a bad dream and he would wake up. Sometime... Maybe... Any day now...? Oh, who was he kidding. He was stuck here for good! And with K! Well, at least that was better than being with Zed. Ugh, Zed.

K, on the other hand, seemed to take great interest in Mr. Red's apparent decay and he chose to remain silent, like normal. Together, the two agents took their places beside the demon and they diligently walked away back towards their spacecraft.

It would seem, at least to K, that perhaps Mr. Red and his employer would need a little discussion after all.

"Hey, K. You think we should, I don't know, send His Evilness a bouquet of flowers? You know, for the lovely first date?" That was J for you.
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:24 pm

Hellboy just rolled his eyes and climbed into the spaceship again, strapping himself down in his seat. But this visit, as casual as it should have been, had given him a lot to think about. And most of it wasn't good, at all. He didn't want to have to pick sides. Before Portal Breach, he would have chosen his friends over his job in a heartbeat. But now that he had so many responsibilities shoulder onto him, he couldn't very well put friendship over duty. That had turned out just smashingly back there. Maybe... maybe the time had come for him to choose. But he honestly didn't know what he could choose at this point... if he was still free to choose.

He started up the engines and set off, the sleek ship rising into the air. Soon enough, they had breached the atmosphere, and Hellboy directed the ship back towards Portal Breach, going through the nearby wormhole to cut down on time, his mind still on other matters...

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:56 pm