Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

This should be a fun clash of worlds (Tag: Link)

Re: This should be a fun clash of worlds (Tag: Link)

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:15 pm

"Well, since you asked..." Carrie said, deciding to freak the boy out a little. She grabbed her railgun, and one of her yarnball grenades.

"This is a railgun." Carrie said. "It works by propelling a metal object via magnetism along two rails, at speeds of up to 8000 meters per second, so fast it catches fire just from the air friction. And this is one of my yarnball grenades. A bit of a misleading name though. It's actually a baseball-sized wad of Semtex, a kind of plastic explosive, wrapped in yarn to fool people. Observe."

She aimed her railgun at one of the targets and fired. The target was destroyed and a hole in the wall formed behind it by what seemed to be just a spear of flame - the plasma left behind by the metal slug traveling so quickly. Carrie quickly followed up by lobbing the grenade in that direction, producing a nice sized explosion.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Tatl hovered in place in shock as Link stared at the hole in the wall, eyes the size of dinner plates. He had never seen an item that could do that kind of damage, only the most powerful of magic could. He hadn't really understood her explanation of how the "railgun" worked, but it was clear that the metal it shot out traveled much faster than any rock ever spat by any octorok.

"That's amazing!" He spluttered, looking from the small item to the wall and back. Part of him wanted to have an item like that (he was always excited to find new items) but a small of him also felt that such power almost seemed like cheating. Cheating what, or how, he wasn't sure. When it was, after all, about survival, you used whatever you could get to help those who needed you.

Link liked his bow, though, it served him well, and with magic he could power up his arrows to cause great damage to enemies. Still, this place was unfamiliar, as were it's weapons, he'd need to learn about them so he'd be ready. If Skull Kid got a hold of one of those railguns...

"That looks like it could kill you if it hit you, is there anyway to block it?" He asked, knowing his shield, as it was, would do him no good against such a weapon.

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Carrie looked at the shield.

"...not with that." Carrie said. "There are three ways I'd go about trying to block it. Either armor powerful enough to withstand a shot, which... I've yet to see exist. Because even if some armor actually managed to block it, laws of physics, YOU'D be sent through the wall with the slug. Second, an energy shield, which produces a layer of pure force all around you to automatically counter any attack sent at you. Third... I suppose a magical shield could work, should work, maybe?" She shrugged. "It's magic, after all."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:42 pm

Magic, that was really the only one of those things Link knew anything about. Well, he knew about armour too, but Miss Carrie didn't think that would work, so... "Do you know where I could get a magic shield?" He asked Carrie. Tatl, flew in front of his face, looking irritated.

"You could ask a Great Fairy to give you one, you know." She said. "When we go to Avalon to look for my brother!" She added, her voice full of impatience.

This was true, if a Great Fairy wanted to give him a better shield, or upgrade his mirror shield. But if none wanted to... well, he couldn't just ask, that would be impolite.

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:45 pm

"Morgana's daughter, Calamity, enchants items for people." Carrie replied. "You can find her in the deepest part of the Foggy Woods. But just so you know, Morgana is creepy as hell. Nice, but... creepy."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Link hadn't been to the woods yet, but he wanted to go there and explore. After all, it seemed like the most obvious place to look for Skull Kid. Plus, he'd grown up in the forest of Hyrule, he liked being in the trees. "Okay, thank you, Miss Carrie." He smiled.

"We can go there after we go to Avalon, if we even need to, because I'm sure that the fairies will be glad to help us." Tatl snapped. Link was beginning to think she didn't like Miss Carrie. But Tatl didn't like most people, whereas Link was very friendly and liked anyone who wasn't mean.

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:11 pm

"You're welcome." Carrie said. "Well, I should go, it's getting late. It was nice meeting you, though. We should do this again, sometime."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Link nodded. "Yeah! Thank you!" He waved, feeling a little bad, hoping Tatl wasn't the reason Carrie seemed to want to go.

"Yeah, it is late, you really should be going." Link wanted to hit himself in the face. Or just put Tatl in his hat, if she was going to be like this.

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Carrie smiled. She kissed her fingers, touched them to her head, pointed at Link, and walked off.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:33 pm

That was a unusual hand gesture, but Link assumed it was a farewell sign. As soon as Carrie had left he looked at Tatl. "Why can't you be a little friendlier?" He asked, walking around the room to gather any undamaged arrows. "Miss Carrie was really nice to help me train."

"I don't care, and look at you, you're still all beat up, she said you could use her healing necklace but didn't! Plus this was a waste of time, we have to find my brother! You don't need to train, we need to focus on finding Tael!" Tatl said, turning her irritation towards Link now.

He would never understand her, she switched moods faster than anyone he'd ever met. "Okay, let's go to Avalon, then!" He said, hoping that would cheer her up. The boy and the fairy left the room, heading for their next adventure.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:47 pm