Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Another Visit to the Park!

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Despite Jo's kind, uplifting words he still felt rather dismal about the past events. He should have known better! He really should have! What a moron he was! And that was all he could hear, his own thoughts, so he hadn't heard a word Jo spoke. Something about snacks? Mmmph, snacks... he didn't feel in the mood to eat right now, but.... can't let his selfish attitude ruin this day. Not with Jo.

"I doubt they will have shrimp-flavoured popcorn, as that is rather specific, but you can't go wrong with something salty. Why don't you order a popcorn to share and a single drink? I'll be over here at a table to take my medication."

The Evil Emperor found a table just he said and he sat down, cleaning it for a few moments before settling. Hmm, now, where did he put that pen...
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:33 pm

"Medication?" she asked, but Zurg had already gone to sit at a little table. Shrugging, she turned back to clerk. "Could I have a large popcorn and a bottle of water, please?"

Once the man was finished with the cotton candy, he got her the order. She paid for it, thanked him again, and went over to Zurg, trying not to let the overflowed carton of popcorn spill as she took a seat beside him.

"Here we go! I brought water since I know you prefer it, and salty popcorn!" She snagged a few and popped them into her mouth. "Hey, not bad~"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Thankfully Jo took her time, and he managed to find that blasted pen. It was in his pocket, of all the silly places! A pocket! Twisting the protective casing surrounding the needle-like tip, Zurg rolled up a sleeve and made sure to find a vein before injecting himself with something. Hopefully his thick skin wouldn't prove to be much of a prob--Ow, ow, ow! Looking at the opaque, white fluid drain into his arm was just disgusting!

With a wince he withdrew the pen and slapped on a band-aid with little kittens on them before fixing his sleeve, and in the nick of time. Jo was walking over the moment he pocketed the empty canister.

"Here, let me help you." Zurg assisted in putting the tub down, and he took a kernel the second it was set down. Ah, nothing like salt. Nothing truly like it. "I hope it wasn't too much, Jo." He conversed in small talk, prying the water bottle's top off and offering it to her. "I know amusement park food can be ridiculously expensive."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:47 pm

"No, it was fine! Cheaper than the tickets, at least!" she chuckled, grabbing a handful and stuffing it into her mouth. She took a sip from the water bottle to wash it down, then pushed it back to him.

"Did you mention medication before? You're not sick, are you?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Oh, cheaper? Well, that was good. He didn't want Jo to feel obliged and buy everything. Yes, it was her money and he respected that, but... Ah, oh well. He just had himself another handful of salt and put the water onto the table. He wasn't thirsty yet.

"Sick?" He remarked in-between crunches. Guess she had caught on. No reason to keep her in the dark, then. Zurg drew out the pen, which resembled a futuristic shot, and he placed it before her. "I've been working on something for a while now. Something to help me break down sugar. I figured since we were going to an amusement park and there would be lots of sweet things, I'd... try my hand at a little bit of doctoring. Can't say I've perfected it, my last side effect double vision, but I'm working on it."

And it really hurt, too, did he mention that?

"I wanted you to enjoy everything here, because I remembered you wouldn't treat yourself if I couldn't eat it either."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:23 pm

She picked up the pen, curious, and turned it over in her hands. She removed the cap and noticed its needle-like tip, and the remains of what appeared to be white-colored liquid contained inside.

"So you give yourself a shot right before you eat?" Jo frowned a bit. "Are you sure that's safe?" Double-visions as a side-effect didn't sound too bad, but what if he got worse side-effects the more he used it? She wondered if it was addicting too, but reasoned that Zurg was careful with such things and wasn't the kind of person to get so easily addicted to drugs.

When he gave his reason for doing so, Jo gave a slight, "Oh!" and patted his arm. "You didn't have to do that! I don't mind not eating sweet things for one night. It's not like sweets are my life, anyway. Your health matters more than my sweet tooth, that's for sure!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:31 pm

"Oh, Cosmos, not right before every time!" Zurg laughed, taking the canister and pocketing it for the final time. "I'm not that masochistic! I hate shots!" Ugh, needles. Was there anyone who liked needles? Drug addicts didn't count.

And safe? Was mad science ever safe? Best not to tell her that.

"Besides, this is just a trial! I've only ever used it... once before this. And the first time was an utter disaster, let me tell you know. I had nervous tremors for hours." Oh, wait! She didn't need to know that! Change the topic! "A-Anyway, this is a time for fun! I mean, after being cooped up for a month on end, wouldn't you want to indulge a little? No need to worry about biological incompatibilities and whatnot. Now, where else to go, hm? We've hardly done anything yet!"

He placed the map, still finding its odd colouring distasteful, and smoothed it out so they both could get a good look.

"Huh... I didn't know amusement parks had... animal attractions. Kind of barbaric..."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:40 pm

"Well sure, but if that involves us having to rush you to the hospital because you suddenly had a seizure, I'd rather avoid that!" she tried to joke, nibbling on some more popcorn.

She looked down at the map and puckered her lips. "Maybe it's to make up for the zoo? Not many people seem to go there." She hadn't gone there yet, but she planned to eventually. But that was another story for another time. "Do you think it's some sort of circus tent?" Jo wasn't in the mood to see animals being made to do tricks, though. And judging by Zurg's comment, he didn't seem fond of the prospect, either.

"How about this?" Jo suggested. "It's some sort of pendulum ride. Huh, I wonder how that would be like.... Or, we could try this? You have to ring a bell and if you hit it, you win a prize." She chewed on some popcorn thoughtfully. "There's always the ferris wheel too, but we could try that later. And then the roller coasters.... Hmm, do you see anything else on the map that's interesting?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Pendulum ride... Good gaseous vapour trails, these engineers were sadistic. Zurg wasn't fond of anything that dabbled in metal cages and cars going around 50mph in three seconds flat. But for Jo... Argh, it was only one night, so why not!

"Maybe we could try some tame roller coasters--like the ones in the kiddie section." He pointed to a rather happy, childish bordered area. Okay, so he would look silly being a grown galactic conqueror and all riding little carts, but he was a pansy! A great big, purple pansy! Although, would Jo like that? One mustn't let Kev think he was the manliest alien around these parts!

"On second thought, let's go ride... The Vertigo?" Huh, that... didn't sound too promising.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:50 pm

Jo looked over to where Zurg was pointing and couldn't help but snicker. "I think there's a height limit for some rides. And I think we're both too tall for the kiddie roller coaster!"

She peered down at the map. She couldn't tell what exactly the Vertigo did by the small drawing, but it didn't seem like a bad idea. With a name like that, it was sure to be a fun ride! "Sure, we can try that! And then we could try the small roller coaster. The Slithering Snake. Huh, that's a weird name."

Jo leaned back in her seat and snagged a few more bits of popcorn. "So when do you want to set off?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:55 pm

"Hmph, height limits..." He was an Evil Emperor! He could ride what he wanted at any time! ANY TIME. But enough temper tantrum; Zurg eyed their surroundings casually and then suddenly swooped the bucket right from Jo's hands. And before she could utter even a squeak he had dumped half of the popcorn into his mouth and swallowed, coughing.

"Ack, ack, ack! Kernels!" He wheezed before handing her the remaining portion. Hey, she didn't want to sit here snacking, did she? Of course not! She could finish the rest while they got walking! "Well, if we're going to do it might as well head off! Lines, you know."

Yes, those lines could become a Slithering Snake, all right. Taking her hand and holding the water bottle, he gently urged her onto her feet and waited until she was ready to go.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:02 pm

She blinked, staring at him, then burst out laughing. "Y'know, having such a big mouth has its perks!" If she had such a large mouth, she'd probably do just what he did. Imagine all the food she could eat in just seconds!

Instead, she took the bucket back, snacked on a few more kernels, then took his hand and followed after him. It wasn't too far to the Vertigo, and there was quite a long line for it. Jo looked up at the tall ride, putting two and two together.

"Oh, this looks like a Vertigo, alright!" she grinned, snacking some more on the popcorn. This was going to be cool!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:07 pm

That was what she said, Jo. That it was.

Walking to the other side of the park wasn't so bad, and it was rather brief, to be honest. They had to barge through the occasional crowd or two, but once they arrived at the Vertigo--Cosmos, would you just look at that line--Zurg immediately froze in place and slowly looked up.

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIRRRR!

The Vertigo, as it was called, was nothing more than an assembly of seats fastened to a slab of metal that corkscrewed upwards, and repeated. The idea didn't seem exciting, but when he saw those seats shoot straight up like a rocket without any warning, the Evil Emperor felt his face pale and he rushed a hand to his mouth.

"Oh, I think I'm going to be sick..."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:20 pm

Jo, on the other hand, was excited at the prospect of trying this ride out. It wasn't as dangerous as a roller coaster. They would be just fine on it.

"Hey, listen to them scream! This is gonna be so cool!" Jo laughed, elbowing him and offering him some more popcorn. But then she noticed that he didn't seem too comfortable. Hey, was he a little pale or was it just her?

"You okay, Big Z?" She squeezed his arm and looked at him in concern. "Did the medication backfire?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Oh, how he wished the medication backfired...

"No, no. I'm... I'm fine." He politely waved a hand, swallowing. Jo was determined to make him sick tonight, wasn't she? But, a night out was a night out and he put on a brave face. "Alright! Let's do this ride." Zurg growled, puffing up. "I'll scream like the biggest ninny this side of the planet, but I'm going to ride it nonetheless!"

Now, if only this ride would magically disappear...

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:46 am