Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Another Visit to the Park!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:41 am

The rustling grew slightly louder, and there was a pause in the music, almost as if the musician knew that something was not right. But he picked up the melody again, this time playing it faster, shifting tempos.

And as the music began to play faster, the rustlings and shadows darting just at the edge of their vision appeared more often, their movements becoming more erratic. Jo swallowed and stepped back, closer to Zurg, hoping that this was just a part of the attraction (and that if it was, Zurg didn't shoot anyone just for doing their job right) as she searched around in the dark gripped his hand.

But the hand she touched was hard and cold, and Zurg wasn't wearing his gauntlets on this outing.

She cried out and jumped away, taking her hand back quickly, as if it had been burned. But the hand--long and skeletal-looking--darted out and grabbed her wrist with an ear-piercing cackle, then dragged her into a mirror and straight through it, leaving Zurg all alone in the sea of his own reflections.

And the music came to a sudden, abrupt stop with a slam of the keys.

Silence.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:47 am

He jumped at the slam, nearly squeezing the trigger and firing a premature shot. What was that!? When he found that musician he was going to make them sorry!

"That does it! I've had enough of this place! Jo, hate to break your heart, but I'm pulling the plug!"

Silence.

"Jo?" Zurg spun around multiple times. In fact, he spun multiples on his multiple times. But no matter how much he spun around, growing dizzy and panicked, he could not see Jo anywhere. Just his reflections that only mimed and irked him so. Was she fooling around? No, Jo... Jo wasn't like that. She didn't make him worry needlessly. ".....Jo? Jo, answer me."

Again, silence. And this time, the Evil Emperor would have none of it.

Realizing he was all alone in a spooky, haunted house that he really had no business being inside in the first place, Zurg let his eyes flare and he clenched his free hand into a tight fist. Oh, this place was going down. No one kidnapped Jo and got away with it! Ride or no ride!

And if his sight was failing him, he would rely on other senses to find her! So, with that logic in mind, he closed his eyes and began sniffing the air, following whatever scent he could pick up. Of all the days Jo didn't wear perfume...
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:50 am

Zurg's excellent sense of smell--at least regarding Jo--would be most handy in this situation. If he followed his nose, he'd detect another smell along with Jo's: one of decay and cheap plastic. He only had to backtrack a few steps, and if he looked carefully, he would see that this mirror wasn't like the others. It wasn't solid. Instead, if one pressed their weight against it, it would easily give way, like a thin, frail piece of shiny paper....
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:52 am

Oh, he found the trick mirror, alright, and he was royally peeved.

"Who puts a trick mirror!?" He asked angrily, barging on through it boldly and not caring where it led. Jo must have gone this way because he could still smell her sweat and grease. Yes, this way!

And that way he went, blaster in hand and ready to roast park employee.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:54 am

He would find another narrow hallway, one that wasn't as long as the others, where voices could be heard at its end, and the sounds of a struggle. There was a small chuckle, definitely male, and then the music picked up again, as slow and lethargic as when they had first heard the melody.

Another rustling, the creak of a floorboard, and all sounds ceased except for the piano-playing.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:57 am

.....Okay, now this place was messing with him. He could forgive the rats, the jelly, the slime, and even the mirrors, but this? Kidnapping Jo? Oh, Zurg wasn't in the mood for games anymore.

When he reached the end of the corridor, the music so close he could touch it, the Evil Emperor scowled at the door and he kicked it with a heavy foot like a police would do in a raid. He even finished the movement by landing on his leg with his ray already drawn out and ready to fire.

"Alright! Who do I shoot!?" He barked.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:01 am

"Relax, relax," a voice trilled. A man had his back turned to Zurg, still playing the piano with an almost serene-like quality to his demeanor. "There's no need to be all testy. You see? Your companion is fine."

Jo was strapped to a seat, hands shackled to the armrests and ankles and midriff similarly bound, a metallic rim around her forehead keeping her head against the wall behind her. She had, more or less, been prevented from moving whatsoever, a hastily-placed wad of duct-tape over her mouth. She made a few furious sounds and she tried to struggle, but she couldn't budge an inch.

"Although the question is for how long," he chuckled, never once stopping in his piano-playing.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:03 am

Jo! And in bondage from some creeper!

"Nnnnnngh..." Zurg, who was always known for his terrible temper and short patience, was finally beginning to play the stereotype. He held up a rattling fist, glaring at the person out of the corner of his eyes and would that wretched piano playing stop!? HERE WAS AN IDEA!

Taking aim at the instrument, Zurg set his ray onto terminate and he squeezed the trigger with a wide, face-full sneer.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:11 am

The piano shattered into pieces, the man yelping and diving to the ground, covering his head with his hands. But he quickly stood up and dusted himself off. "Well, now! You're a feisty one, aren't you?"

The piano's destruction didn't seem to deter him at all and he turned to face Zurg with a wide, toothless smile. Toothless, because half of his face looked like it had melted off. He was like a living corpse. "I do apologize for my looks. They shock many, but I do not think they will shock you. Your face seems to do the job far better than mine!"

Jo made a few more angry sounds, wiggling her feet and hands.

"Oh hush, you," he sniffed, waving a hand at Jo. "And stop wrinkling your brow, I'll need your looks for my new face."

That shut her up, but she still continued to glare at him.

He turned back to Zurg. "Yes, you heard me right. I need your pretty friend's face. But I am willing to be merciful.... even though you did destroy my piano.... and offer you a trade. Someone else in exchange for her. I need someone's youth to rectify my own, you see, and I need them by midnight. So what do you say?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:19 am

As Zurg heard the audacity, his ridge twitching, the Evil Emperor was--to put it mildly--exasperated. In fact, he was beyond exasperated. He was extraexasperated. And yes, he did make that word up. He could do that. He was an Evil Emperor. It was a perk that came with the job. Here, he'll do it again. Extraextraexasperated.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

But back to the matter at hand, Zurg had fully expanded his teeth into a menacing snarl by now, and was none too pleased about hearing Jo's face being ripped off like some mask. With his eyes aglow, the Evil Emperor stormed on up to the cretin, his hands extended and fingers curled, and was upon the little sorry piece of work in no time flat.

"YOU DARE THREATEN JO LIKE THAT!?" He hollered, shaking the man relentlessly. Face or no face, Zurg wasn't letting anyone's face being torn off! So, what did he do? It was simple. The man wanted an exchange? Well, he was going to get it.

Zurg dragged the man by the scruff of his neck where Jo was, a metaphorical doom cloud hovering over the tyrant's head, and he began to tear off the metal manacles keeping Jo in place--gently, of course. Same with the duct tape. None of these petty office materials could resist his might and Jo was free.

"There you are, Jo." Even though he stated that casually, Zurg couldn't hide how upset and bothered he was. Putting the man onto the chair where Jo had sat, he then began to chain the man up exactly how Jo had been. The only thing he didn't add was duct tape. "There. You got your exchange. Yourself for Jo. I reckon you'll be found in a few days."

He paused to slowly smile wickedly.

"Your body that is~!"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:28 am

And then, the room was suddenly lit up by bright lights. Jo had to shield her eyes from the glare, and there could be clapping heard from behind a wall. As the spotlights settled back to focus upon the three in the middle of the room, one of the walls peeled back to reveal a crowd that cheered and whooped, that consisted of the rest of the people who had entered the haunted house along with them.

"Good show!" the man in the chair chuckled. "My, you nearly had me convinced there for a second. What an amazing display of courage! And how quick to anger you were too!"

Another man who emerged from the shadows, wearing a hooded cloak, laughed too. "Jerome, the purple fellow was absolutely livid! You're lucky he didn't tear your face off!"

"Oh haha, very funny. I thought for a second there that he would...."

The cloaked man laughed again, patting Jerome on the back before waving off the crow. "We hope you enjoyed the show, folks! And who knows? If you come again tomorrow night, you might be the lucky couple who'll have to face the Ghoul of the Mansion!"

Jo blinked, seeing the people exit through what was, apparently, the exit to this haunted house. So it had all been a trick? A part of the show? She felt a little silly for actually being scared for a bit. It had been an entertaining show.... but she didn't like how rude they'd been not explaining a thing and just forcing her into the chair like a pair of kidnappers!

"A warning might've been nice," she grumbled.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:34 am

......What?

Zurg flinched as the lighting suddenly flared down upon them, and when he heard the clapping his yellow pupils contracted into tight, pin-pointed dots. A show. This had all been a show. He had been used as entertainment.

Normally, the Evil Emperor would have loved to be the center of attention, to be the large ham. Instead, he was made to believe this was all real. Instead, he was made to believe that this place really was haunted, and he was already superstitious as it was. And instead, he was made to believe that Jo was in harm's way. And you know what? He didn't like Jo to be in harm's way.

".....I'm going to count to three." He softly declared, appearing calm and at ease. "And when I count to three, you all better be out of there. One."

No one moved. Oh, so that's how they want to play, hmm?

Zurg suddenly lifted up his ray and fired several shots into the ceiling, screaming all the while at the top of his lungs. "I'M NOT KIDDING, FOLKS! I'M A SOCIOPATH AND A MASS MURDERER! I'LL DO IT! I WILL! Oh, and two."

That'll get them going.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:41 am

The few remaining onlookers who had remained behind to see what else would happen screamed and fled the scene. The holes Zurg left in the ceiling began to smoke, and a few workers peeked timidly through the holes. The man still strapped in the chair paled visibly beneath all the make-up and tried to swivel the chair out of Zurg's way. Even the cloaked man seemed stunned, and he quickly muttered, "This sure ain't coming out of my payroll."

"Yeah, right!" the pianist/actor scoffed. "It was your bright idea to choose the interspecies couple! You're paying for all the damage!"

"You agreed with me! I sure as hell ain't paying for this damage!"

The two continued to argue, and Jo could see that Zurg wasn't particularly keen on lingering any longer. "Come on, let's just go," she said, taking his arm in hers and leading him outside, despite the two actors still bickering about who would pay what.

Once they were outside in the fresh air again, Jo let her shoulders sag. "Well, that didn't turn out too well. Want to call a snack break before we try something else?"

She tried to smile and rubbed his back, hoping to calm him down somewhat. "It's not worth it to get worked up over them. At least no one was hurt and you didn't have to pay for any damage, right? And I'm fine! A little spooked, but fine! How about you?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:48 am

Picking the interspecies couple!? Oh, why he outta--

Fortunately Jo dragged him out of there, with Zurg still going through the motions of walking to the actors and wringing their necks. When they were out and Jo began to speak up, he could only feel but upset.

"Not. At. All." He mumbled in response to her realization that the haunted house was, perhaps in hindsight, a terrible idea. Oh, but nooooo. She wanted to go while he wanted to skip! HMPH. His face didn't betray his emotions, but his eyes did. They were still glowing.

But the promise of a snack break sounded swell, and he did settle down a bit at her rubbing. And when she asked how he felt, he answered, although still upset. "Jim-crackin'-dandy, thanks for asking." The Evil Emperor remarked with a flat tone. Uuuugh, but she was right, though. It wasn't worth getting worked up about. The employees were only doing their job, and besides, they were safe, right? No one got hurt, right?

.....Right?

"I'm sorry, Jo." Zurg began to explain his actions, sighing. What a way to start the evening. "I felt like such an idiot in there when it was all a ruse. I honestly thought you were, well, in danger! Although... the man's story about his youth was sketchy..." Come to think of it, he should have known better. What amusement park would allow some lunatic to live in one of their rides?

"......Wow, now I really feel stupid." If anyone was the unwilling actor, it was him! And to think he didn't get paid. Not even a single coupon.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:12 pm

"Hey, it's okay! I thought it was real for a second there too. When that guy grabbed me I really freaked out!" It was silly and stupid of her, but hey, you can't blame someone for that, right? "But they talked about it right before they strapped me in a chair, so I would've warned you if they didn't put that duct tape over my mouth."

She continued to rub his back soothingly, then led him over to a snack stand. "Look, I'll buy us something to nibble on. Take a break before we move on. Maybe something light, so we don't get sick...."

She looked at all the colorful wrappings and goodies displayed, then noticed the popcorn machine. "There we go! I wonder if they have popcorn shrimp...." She looked around for the clerk, then spotted him making some cotton candy for someone. "Oh, excuse me! Do you have popcorn shrimp as a flavor?"

The man didn't look up from his work, concentrating on the wad of cotton candy he had to wind around a stick, but he did frown. "Popcorn shrimp?" he repeated. "We got butter, sweet, salty, caramel, sour cream and onion, and pickle. Not shrimp.... Say, ain't popcorn shrimp the crispy breaded kind of shrimp? Dun' think it's actual popcorn...."

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:45 am