Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Another Visit to the Park!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:51 am

"Why, what time is--craters! When did it get this late?!" Jo stared at her wristwatch, looking at the time. The last time she'd checked the time it was still two hours to midnight. "Yeah.... it can be pretty dangerous without proper defenses," she agreed.

She saw him pull out a beacon of sorts and activate it, setting it down on the ground before them. Ohhh, so he was hailing one of his personal shuttles. That wasn't such a bad idea, given how cramped he'd been in the cab. She wanted to ask him whether he was sure it wouldn't be a problem, then decided not to as she pried open the cake box open again and took another piece.

She offered him the box so he could take some for himself. "Did you have a good time tonight?" She suspected that he hadn't enjoyed himself as much as he would have if, say, he hadn't thrown up, broken things, or gotten tricked, but she had enjoyed this outing on a whole.

"Say, I just remembered you mentioned something about sparring. Are you still up for that?" Jo would probably have her hands full this week, but she might be able to do something the following week. "I bet I'll kick your bruuka all over again~" she snickered.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:11 pm

"I had a great time, Jo. Don't I always with you? Hmm, that is rather good." He remarked after having himself another of the offered cake. Speaking of which. "I know you probably are tired of hearing this, but thanks for treating us out for the snacks. Seems I do the treating next time~!" Zurg gave a short chuckle before pulling her close and rubbing the top of her bead with his knuckles playfully.

"I just hope you didn't mind how much of a pest I was! The Haunted House, the vomiting, breaking things; but at least you got yourself a new friend. I'm sure Homo will be jealous~!"

And sparring? That got the Evil Emperor to frown and look down at Jo. He seemed curious, for the most part, but also... wary. "Are you challenging the great and mighty Evil Emperor Zurg, Jo Pistonne?"

Well, was she?
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:05 am

She giggled, trying to squirm out of his grasp, but to no avail. He'd messed up her hair. Oh well, it wasn't like her hair had been a great looker from the start.

"Of course I didn't mind that. I still had a great time too!" She swallowed her bite. "Next time, I'm paying for wherever it is we're going and you're paying for the snacks~"

She patted the plush toy's head. "I think I'll call him Mr. Snuggles. Now I'll be able to properly cuddle with someone at night. Darn cat...."

She took another piece of funnel cake then looked up at him. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm challenging you. What, you scared, Big Z?" She smirked. "Scared you'll lose to a squishy little human again~?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:12 am

Mr. Snuggles? Just look at it! There was nothing snuggly about that thing at all! And lose? To her!?

"Hmph!" Zurg snorted indignantly. Him? Losing to a human? Absurd! "I let you win those times and you know it! I'm not scared of you!" Although he was scared to hurt her... But that was besides the point! She was challenging him! He just HAD to match up!

"Name your time, location, and day..." He growled.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:24 am

"Right, right," Jo nodded, nibbling on some more cake. "So, you let me win the robot fight, right? The one where Proxy beat your Scarab and managed to stay standing?" she teased.

She turned to face him, smirking. "Monday, noon, at the fight club. You game, you purple punk?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:29 am

"Uh, well, you see~! The, er, technicalitialalflln..." Oh, who was he fooling? He totally lost against Jo that day. Blasted pile of scrap metal! He should have one that match! "Yes, yes, Monday, no--wait, Monday!?" He suddenly perked up.

"......I'm not doing anything on Monday. Monday sounds good!" Zurg nodded. So much for dramatic build up. Knowing he hated Mondays, he was probably going to lose just for it, too.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:38 am

"Alright. Then it's settled! Monday, I'll kick your bruuka!" And just to tease him about it, she wiggled her rear a bit, tearing off another piece of that cake.

Huh, for saying she was full, she was eating a lot of this cake. Yummy!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:50 am

"Don't count your yukari before they hatch." Wait, did he just accept a match to potentially get his 'bruuka' kicked? He should really plan his thoughts better... People liked to bruise him black!

Some more time passed, along with idle chit-chat, but thankfully it didn't become too dark and just before the witching hour a streak of neon-green flickered in the sky, followed by the whining pitch of interstellar engines. "Ride's here!" Zurg moved out of the way as the cruiser came screaming into the parking lot and shuddered to a hovering halt just feet ahead of them.

".....Please don't say who I think it is..." The Evil Emperor mumbled.

But sure enough, as the starshield peeled back, a grub jumped up and down, waving like mad. "Your Evilness! Look who passed the flying exam!" It squeaked eagerly.

"Ugngnngng... Good for you, grub! Good for.... you...." Zurg sighed. Great... a newbie was shuttling tonight. Didn't he put new rules at the docking bay post!? Oh, when he gets back...
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:06 am

"Oh, I'll count them alright!"

It didn't take long for their ride to arrive, and lo and behold, it was a cute little grub. And it was painstakingly apparent that this was the first time it was actually flying. Jo looked from the grub to Zurg, unsure. Was this a good idea? Probably not, but she was tired and wanted to go home.

"Hey, there!" she waved at the grub. "Nice night, huh?"

Grabbing Zurg's arm, she led him to the back doors and pried one open. "Just drop me off at my place and I'll see you next week!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22 am

"Oh, it is a beautiful ni--!" But the grub didn't get to finish its reply as Zurg slapped a tense hand onto the minion's shoulder, squeezing. You could just hear the grub's exoskeleton crunch under the grip.

"We're not getting any tickets, tonight, are we~?" The Evil Emperor asked with a wide, fake grin. Oh, if it knew what was good for it, the grub would fly perfectly. Perfectly.

"Ehehe!" The grub gulped, shakily laughing. It understood the gesture loud and clear, yes sir! "N-No! No, your Evilness! Nothing b-but perfect flying!"

"Good." Zurg growled, now scowling with his eyes aglow. He was in no mood for any ship antics! The rides were enough! "GET FLYING! WE HAVE TO TAKE JO HOME IN TIME!" He barked, the grub jumping in its seat and scrambling its hands all over the controls sloppily. Talk about peer pressure!

"Next stop, Portal City!" It declared before yanking a throttle.

The small vessel suddenly lurched forward without any warning and Zurg found himself tumbling back into a seat, plastered to it.

"YOU FORGOT TO PUT ON THE ATMOSPHERIC CONTROLS!" He howled. This. Was. Just. Like. A. RIDE!

"I have failed his Evilness!"

Just a typical flight session with a grub pilot.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:30 am

Jo rubbed her forehead, then leaned forwards in her seat before buckling to encourage the grub. "It's alright! Those controls should be right.... there!" She pointed at something on the dashboard, hoping it was like the shuttles she usually worked on. "Just keep her steady and we'll be fine. No fast jerks or anything unless you want to clean up afterwards~!"

She patted the little grub on the head, then leaned back, strapping herself in. "There, that wasn't too bad, right? Some positive encouragement never does any harm." She passed the cake box over to Zurg. "Want some more?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:37 am

"Doom, doom, doo--Ohhh!" The grub pulled the lever Jo had indicated and the cruiser noticeably slowed down, the engines' power diverting into a mere fraction for smoother sailing. "So that's what the control was for, huh..."

"What did you think it was for....?" Zurg groaned in the back, absolutely livid and collapsed in his seat. He weakly eyed the remains of the funnel cake and the gurgling of his stomachs was answer enough. "No." The Evil Emperor barely brought a fast hand to his mouth. "Thanks..."

Ugh, positive encouragement his tin-plated, sick can!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:44 am

"Alright. Take it easy." She patted his arm, then settled back. Well, this shuttle was far more comfortable than the cab! She should let him drive her around like this more often. Of course, nothing would top the dreadnaught ride. She wondered briefly whether he'd mind another visit to Planet Z....

"Naaaah." She shook her head and started to eat the last of the cake, kind of tasteless without the powdered sugar. Maybe next year, she decided. They were both busy enough as it was, and adding more on their plates wouldn't help either of them.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:53 am

Thankfully for Zurg the grub got the hang of it and the remainder of the cruise wasn't as bumpy. Well, it did accidentally hit a flock of migrating birds, but other than that? Smooooooth as Lightyear's chin. It was so smooth the cruiser didn't even wake up anyone as it landed before the inn, resting on a dainty float above the grass.

"We're here~! Thank you for flying Grub Skies!" It chirped happily.

Cheeky, little...

But Zurg didn't bother, he hadn't the strength or the gusto left, and he groggily got up, shambling over to the rear door and sliding it back so Jo could exit. "Well..." He gurgled, still pale. "Here... Here you are! Ahah... ha.... Good night, Jo. Thanks for everything... it was... was real.... HMMMPH!" His eyes suddenly bulged and he rushed out as quickly as he could.

"HUUUUUUUUUUURGH!"

Well, at least he could still taste the snacks...
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:00 am

"Thanks for the ride! It was really smooth--except for the bird part--but that's alright! Anyone would make that mistake." Jo patted the grub on the head again in thanks, folded the now empty box, then made to get out wh--oh dear.

Jo quickly got out and went over to Zurg, rubbing his back and whispering comforting words to him until he didn't look so pale. As soon as he was able to, she helped him get up, and wiped away any unsightlies left hanging from his mouth and teeth. She cautioned him to be careful and take it easy when he got back, and no, that didn't include torturing the grub for its flying skills.

"Just relax, alright? Think about something happy tonight, and get some sleep. You'll be fighting Metro Man soon, right? Gotta be on your toes!" She smoothed out his shirt, then kissed his cheek. "Good night. I had a great time. And nest time we go to the amusement park, let's skip the snacking." She grinned.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:20 am