Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Another Visit to the Park!

Post by Zurg on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:04 am

Zurg ceased his kicking and screaming only to grip the handrail tightly. If he had regular teeth they would be chatting and if he had sweat glands he would be sweating. Instead, he had two very nervous stomachs and they wanted to eject that corn dog.

"....I don't want to look at the view!" He squeaked.

Sure, he wasn't afraid of heights normally but being this high without any jetpack or rocket boots? He was mortified of heights! "A-Are you liking this ride so far, Jo?"

Evil Emperor. Hmph.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:12 am

"Sure! It's not as exciting as the other one, but it isn't that bad! How about you?" she asked, turning to him all smiles.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that Zurg was uncomfortable. Jo's smile fell. "Oh, you're not enjoying it, are you? I'm sorry! But don't worry, I'm sure it'll be over soon. Just sit tight and we'll be out of here before you know it!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:19 am

"W-What? Why, whatever gave you that s-silly idea? Of course I'm enjoying!" Zurg was lying through his teeth, naturally, but he didn't want to ruin yet another thing for Jo. So, he did what he had to. "B-But I'd much rather enjoy it like t-this~!" He took her hand in his, perhaps a little tightly from his fright, and scooted as close as he could to her, shaking.

"There! M-Much better! Wouldn't you s-say?" Oh, why the amusement park? Why, why, why did he suggest that!?
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:34 am

"Aw, my poor Big Z~" Jo crooned, wrapping a comforting arm around him and squeezing his hand back tenderly as she pressed her face into th crook of his neck. "Don't worry, we'll just finish this ride and then we can go home. I'll by you one of those funnel cakes and you can eat it on the way back, and next time we go out you can choose the location, hmm? How does that sound?"

She scratched his neck a little too, hoping to soothe his fright a bit. It was kind of funny how he only had a fear of heights when he wasn't wearing his rocket boots, but Jo didn't mind. She had a fear of immense heights too, after all. And she didn't want him to think that she wasn't enjoying herself, so she added in a low voice, "Thank you for trying to be brave for me~"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:43 am

Well, at least Jo didn't think he was pathetic. She even stayed at his side and tried to cheer him up, and he was grateful for it. If only he had known these petty fears of his. He never had the chance to experience them so... so openly! Heights without his technology, fast moving rides without adequate protection, and even haunted houses where loved ones can be kidnapped and threatened. Apparently they never had amusement parks where he came from by the looks of it.

"T-Thanks, Jo..." He whispered into her ear, still shivering but not by much thanks to her. "I'm sorry this didn't turn out w-well, but I hope you had f-fun all the same. Guess I kind of r-ruined things, d-didn't I?" Just one big, 'fraidy-cat mess wasn't it? He felt so bad...
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:50 am

"Hmhmhm~" Jo liked how his voice tickled her ear and she just held him closer, rubbing his shoulder with the arm still wrapped around him and running her thumb along his knuckles with her other hand. "Hush, think nothing of it. You're not ruining things at all. As long as I get to spend time with you I'm happy, no matter how we spend it."

The ferris wheel jerked back into motion at that point, and she gave him one more reassuring hug and squeeze before drawing back a bit, so he wouldn't feel too embarrassed. But she still held onto his hand, squeezing it reassuringly with each jerk, until after a few more loops, they were finally able to get up and go as soon as the operator unhooked the protective railing.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:16 am

And that was all he needed to hear. She wasn't mad, she wasn't upset; she was still happy that they actually had a little time together. And that's all anybody really wanted, wasn't it? Some time with a loved one? A significant other? The world could be burning for all he cared, but so long as Jo was around... Well, that world could keep on burning.

Wait, didn't that just sum up the previous event?

Zurg no longer shook anymore, determined to get over his irrational trembling and when the ride stopped he was actually the first to get out calmly and gracefully. Hmm, rides didn't seem so bad, did they? At least that one was rather easy on his stomachs. Maybe he could grow to like these... Ferris wheels.

"Well, that wasn't so bad!" He smiled happily, turning around to offer Jo a hand to help her get out of the box. "I don't know why I was so afraid in the first place! Well, besides the obviously falling to my doom without proper anti-gravity devices--but that's just details!" Details...

But the moment Jo would take his hand, he would suddenly urge her into him to where... he could embrace her, and tightly. Even he didn't know why he had done that, but apparently... he just wanted to show her how much he appreciated her being there for him, even when he was at his most insecure. This entire night was nothing BUT insecurities for him, and the one person he'd rather overcome them with was right here... and she wasn't afraid.

"I'm... Wow, what was that." Zurg joked, letting go and fanning himself, acting up a bit. "There must have been something in the water, Jo! Always something in the water, always. Now, shall we get that funnel cake and go on our merry way? Or, shall we do more things? I reckon you still have lots of energy in you!"

Huh, he'll have to come back here again and "man" up. Maybe with Kev!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:07 am

Jo smirked and took the offered hand. "It's always scary the first time. Maybe if we come back again we co--" But her sentence was cut short when the second he pulled her up to her feet, he pulled her into a tight hug, wrapping his arms around her.

She blinked in surprise, but then hugged him back just as tightly. Him showing her affection was rare, my bruuka! Why, he was starting to be more confident and daring with her, and in public too! So she held on as long as she could before people started clearing their throats and staring at them for too long and he let go, clearly flustered and trying to come up with reasons for the sudden gesture.

She just smiled in return--a soft and warm smile--and took his hand, leading him away from the crowd and stares. And then, once they were far enough away, she stood on tiptoe and kisses his nose. It was the closest imitation of a kiss she could do. "Come on, Big Z. Let's get some funnel cake."

And with that, she led him back to the food stall and told him to pick whichever funnel cake he pleased.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:19 am

Oh, he heard those people, alright.

"What, what, WHAT!? Got a problem, HUH!? GO ON! SHOO!" Zurg had taken out his ray gun, alas not the death ray, and he dragged it over everyone who had dared to clear their throat or make a noise--even so much as breathe. That got the crowd to jump on their toes and quickly clear, soon no one pestering them. "Hmph. Savages." They were probably shocked in awe at his amazing cuddling skills.

....Okay, so maybe he needed to work on his public skills more. Maybe.

He pocketed his gun Outback style and gladly took Jo's hand when she offered, surprised at her kiss. "Jo~! I'm going to get diabetes at this rate, and most likely die~!" Humour!

They arrived at the renown funnel cake vendor, and the Evil Emperor had to frown. That was a funnel cake? That squiggly mess of deep-fried dough and sugar? Really? Wow, humans know how to party when it comes to food! Strawberry glaze? Ouch. Nuts and more sugar? Ow! Whipped cream, berries, and even MORE sugar? Oh, he just got a coma.

"....How about... a regular one! Uh, with the sugar on one side." He suggested to her, hoping he wasn't difficult. "That way, ah, we can both enjoy it and one of us won't have to worry about a seizure!"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Jo laughed and rubbed his back. "Then I'll have to cut back on the sweetness to prevent you from dying!"

And when she saw the funnel cakes herself, she had to agree that all the different selections were a massive overdose of sugar. "That works for me," she agreed. "I only want a little bit anyway."

She leaned on the counter and waved at the man. "Hi! Can we get a funnel cake, but with only a little bit of sugar on one side?"

The man straightened and gave her an odd look, but shrugged and started to prepare her order. He fixed up a cardboard box and placed the cake inside. "How much sugar do you want exactly?" he asked, grabbing a large shaker.

"Hmm." She peered at the cake, then indicated a small corner. "Just that one, please!"

The man shrugged and added the sugar on the indicated spot, then passed the box over to her. She paid for the cake, thanked him, then balanced it carefully in her hands.

"Do you want to eat it now or snack on it on the way home?" She'd spent more than they'd spent on the tickets by now, but that was alright with her. It smelled pretty good, and it was warm and fresh.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:58 am

"I bet that guy thought you were a nutter." Zurg just snickered as he took a little portion, cutting off with a petite frown. Wow, this really was fried. Fried all the way through! No wonder humans had a high rate for blocked arteries! Look what they ate! "That, or a health freak!"

He finished his teasing, cleaning his hands upon a napkin, and took her hand. "Anyway, I guess we can walk off the calories while eating, no? Which lot were we dropped off? C? I actually forgot..." Huh, that was rare for him. The food was to blame! Fat halted efficiency!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:52 am

"Hah! I'm neither! Definitely not a health freak!" Jo tore off a piece off the cake and sampled it. Oooh, not bad! She tore off another piece, this time with some sugar on it, and tried that too. Even better!

"That works with me. And yeah, I think it was C." She squeezed his hand back and nodded, bracing the box against her hip. She shot him a smile. "Shall we?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:48 am

"Let's!"

They went through the late night crowds, past all the teenagers and the night owls as they made it toward the exit. It was a different place during this time. Children of the younger ages were already sleeping in their parent's tired arms, and most of the adults who had any common sense were already starting to trickle out. Those who remained either had insomnia or one too many energy drinks.

"This is security?" Zurg walked through what seemed like a metal turntable, and he scoffed at how easy it was to... bypass such a pathetic thing. All he had to do was walk right on through it and no one would stop or question him. And you know what else now that he thought about it? No one had bothered to check his person for any weapons! Geez. Oh, well. This was Portal Breach, after all.

Taking a step to the side, he waited for Jo and cleaned some gum off his shoe by scraping in on the concrete.

"Ugh, gum... I hope this isn't your piece..."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Jo followed him out, not really thinking about the security issues until Zurg mentioned it, then scratched her nose. "I guess it's not everyday they get Evil Emperors as their guests, huh?"

She peered down at his shoe, then snickered at the gum. "No, but it could have been! I am one of the many people who leave their gum wherever. Say what flavor was that?"

But she didn't linger on the subject for long and looked around. "Will we be walking back or take public transport again?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:37 am

He did chance a glance after he wiped the disgusting stuff clear off, wrinkling his 'nose' at the sight. "I'm going to guess and say tar..." Craters, it was just as black. This was exactly why he banned gum on Planet Z--and also because he couldn't enjoy it.

"And walk?" The Evil Emperor eyed Jo, perhaps amused and horrified. "I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news--okay, maybe a little--but it's dangerous during Portal Breach's night, and I lack the proper battle gear to counter an attack." Ugh, how naked he felt without his battle armour. Cosmos forbid he gets stranded on some unknown, forsaken island without it!

But if walking didn't sit well with him neither did hailing a taxi. "Why pay for a service you can already do yourself?". And before she could ask, Zurg pulled out a beacon and shook it once, cracking the top with a twist. Whatever he did got it to glow with a thrum and he set it down, letting the device pulse and fire off a throbbing beam into the sky and beyond.

"There." He stated after dusting his hands from setting it down. "Now we wait for an automated ship to pick up the beacon and come to us." Convenient, no?

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:34 am