Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Another Visit to the Park!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Jo stepped out of the cab, tying her purple scarf more tightly around her neck. It was far colder now, winter settling in for the long haul, but despite today's forecast it hadn't started snowing yet. The days had been growing shorter, though. It was only 6 or so in the afternoon and the sky had already gone dark. Almost dark, but not quite there yet. The amusement park's lights were little pinpricks of light and noises drifted over the air, the laughter and joyous screams of little children evident.

Jo adjusted her winterwear, making sure her jacket was zipped up and her hat and gloves secure, before turning to Zurg, breath steaming in the air. "So, what do you want to do first?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Another Visit to the Park!

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:08 am

A cab. Why did it have to be a cab?

Zurg came out, sure enough, with cricks in his back and knots in his legs. "Auuugh, don't you know how cramped it is in one of those things? An utter death trap, I tell you, and I'm not looking forward to paying a hefty chiropractor bill!" But he quit his complaining after a few short, simple rotations of his shoulders and leg joints. Dingy, no good taxis... Why couldn't they have used one of his cruisers, instead?

Stepping onto the raised sidewalk, the Evil Emperor surveyed the area, eyes narrowed, and dusted his formal attire. Oddly, he wasn't wearing his battle armour but rather a neatly kept and ironed black dress suit--rather spacey, too. A black, clasped top that accented the left-hand side with a fold along with dashes of white, creased black slacks, and of course black shoes. But, don't think for a nanosecond he was without his underarmour and personal death ray. This may be a casual outing, but he was prepared for a battle if need be. Portal Breach was dangerous and unpredictable like that.

"Hmm, it's rather nice out here." He remarked to the weather, not bothered. Suited his heated body quite nicely, and he didn't have to worry about overheating. Jo didn't seem too happy though; what, with all those suffocating layers she was wearing. And what next? Well, that was obvious! Painfully!

"Why, we purchase tickets to enter, of course!" Zurg answered as if it was nothing. He even had a slight smile, wondering if the booth would cause them some hassle. "And once we enter, validated, we'll decide from there. But, if I may..." He kept his voice low, appearing uneasy. "Can we... skip the heavy rides? I've got weak... stomachs, you see, and I'd rather not see my breakfast a second time on the back of someone's head...."

Oh, he'll never get used to roller coaster rides.

Regardless of that small, minor detail he extended his elbow to her, offering, and would proceed to accompany her in when she accepted.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:41 am

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Jo apologized, going over to him and rubbing his back in circular movements, trying to work out the kinks. "Next time we could walk wherever we're going, or take the bus. How does that sound?"

He was dressed in a formal suit that seemed casual and comfortable to move around in, but she could feel his underarmor underneath. She couldn't help but smile and shake her head slightly, patting his arm one last time before drawing back. Zurg could never catch a break!

Jo nodded at his suggestion, but then pouted. "Aw, I was hoping we could go on the smaller roller coaster," she said, taking the offered arm and following him to the ticket booth, "but if it'll make you sick we can skip it. I can always try it out some other time. Maybe drag Zippy and Barry along.... I think they'd enjoy it!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:48 am

Was there even such a thing as a small roller coaster? Zurg begged to differ! The Starthought was plenty small and it pulled faster, meaner moves than any ride back on Carniworld!

"Oh, don't be so hasty!" He told the mechanic at his side, approaching the booth. "You can still ride it, and I'll be cheering from the sides! Hoping, as you come back safe and sound and not in a crumpled, twisted mesh of metal and flesh. Two tickets for admittance, please, and I want a discount." The Evil Emperor threatened.

With a death ray in the face, of course the startled man held up his hands as a reflex and gave Zurg and Jo a reasonable price: 15.00PB. Well, Zurg supposed that was acceptable and he paid it fully, taking the tickets.

"You have a wonderful evening, young man." The tyrant smiled sweetly while walking off.

They just don't pay well enough for these night gigs, do they?
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:03 am

"You wouldn't worr--oh, Zurg, come on! If people could die on these rides so easily they wouldn't have them open to the general public!"

But Jo couldn't say much else when Zurg threatened the man at the ticket booth for a discount with a death ray to his face. Oh well. Some habits were hard to break.

"Thank you for the tickets!" Jo added, giving the man a little wave. "Don't worry, he's really on his best behavior today!"

With a chuckle, she turned back to Zurg. "Okay, since you paid for the tickets, I'll pay for any goodies inside. What ride do you want to try first?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:06 am

"Hmph, that's what you think." He'll have her know that these sorts of contraptions required yearly, if not monthly, inspections and these rides looked out of date! Same with elevators, too. And speaking of elevators, they were Jo's favourite method of transportation~!

Moving on, though, he stopped at a directory and took a complimentary map to study, getting confused at all the bright arrows, cartoon-like drawings, and distorted proportions. "....Maybe you should look at this." He offered the piece of paper to Jo. "You're better at schematics!"

And that was nice of her to buy food! She should know, however, that the food inside an amusement park was often times worse than the ticket prices!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:22 am

"I know, I know. You don't need to get started on how rundown the rides are and how easily they can break apart." She shook her head fondly. Zurg was a worry-wort like that. He went on about how fattening fried food was too. Speaking of fried food, Jo was in the mood for some bacon all of a sudden. What a strange craving.

"Hmmm." She peered at the map in her hands. "We're close to the merry-go-round. Want to try that out?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:24 am

"What is this... merry-go-round." He inquired slowly like the words were venom, eyes narrowing with each poisonous syllable.

Didn't sound very... merry at all.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:29 am

"Beats me, but it's probably merry! Come on!"

She dragged him over to a circular-shaped ride, full of painted four-legged creatures. Horses, she thought they were called. Or were they called morses? She couldn't remember exactly. She could see children and other people sitting on them as the large contraption spun them around, and each creature slid up and down on metal shafts. In some cases, two people were sitting on them. And in other cases, there were more creatures, some with no legs with long, curled tails and large snouts and others with long necks and spitted hides. How strange.

Jo shrugged at Zurg, not finding it very merry, then smiled. "Wanna try it out?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:33 am

......She was... kidding, right?

When he saw the ride in question, he was rather... well, he was rather just that! This was a merry-go-round!? And it was supposed to be merry!? How come the creatures' faces and snouts were all twisted with snarls and sneers, as if they were being chained to these very prisons that tethered them up and down for eternity!? This thing looked evil! And the music! THE MUSIC!

".......I vote we skip this one." He muttered, hands covering his horns as he looked upon Jo worriedly.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:41 am

"Why, feel like it's gonna clash with your evil reputation?" she teased. It probably would, but she liked seeing him squirm. "Come on, let's try one spin. You can choose the next ride, I promise."

And with that, she grabbed his arm and dragged him over to it. Only a few people were waiting in line, and when the ride stopped the man allowed them all to pass. Jo selected one of the creatures that had no legs at all. It had a trumpet-shaped snout and a frilled ridge, and was a combination of orange and yellow shades, its tail curling at the end. She wouldn't know it, but it was a seahorse.

She grabbed the steel pole and waited for the ride to start. She hadn't been to an amusement park since she was a little girl. "Comfy?" she asked him, looking over her shoulder behind her.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 am

What!? She wanted to ride it?!

"Nnnnnnngh...!" But as much as he tried to weakly fight her decision, Jo had already brought them forward to their doom and before he knew it, Zurg was sitting behind Jo on a sparkly, prissy-purple unicorn. And boy did he look ultra grumpy.

"....Yaaaaaaay." The Evil Emperor droned disinterestedly, going one full rotation without changing a muscle in his face.

He could assume this expression all night if he had to!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:55 am

And then, the ride started. An annoying song started playing as the creatures starting sliding on the poles again and anyone without a firm grip was more likely to fall. Children shrieked happily around them, whereas adults or babysitters accompanying them had stoic expressions on their faces, suffering the ride long enough for the children to be happy.

Jo grabbed the pole tightly, finding the way the ride bobbed up and down with such jerky movements more annoying than fun. She didn't remember the amusement park having such boring rides like this when she was a kid. Ugh, that music was pretty annoying too.

She looked over her shoulder again. Zurg didn't seem to be enjoying this ride much either.

Hmm.... how to make this more exciting....?

"Hey!" Jo said, climbing up on the creature and bracing her feet on the seat. "Look at this! It's better if you're standing! Feels more like a ride to me~" she giggled, doing a little twirl around the pole, her feet nearly slipping, but she managed to brace herself on the seat again with another giggle.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:03 am

Now what was she doing?

Slightly interested and concerned, he watched Jo stand up on the marine animal's head and start... could one call this pole dancing? Seemed... literal, if you asked him. She was dancing with a pole on some animal's head! And not to mention she could hurt herself. "I don't think this ride was intende--Cosmos, this music is annoying. I can't hear myself think!"

Zurg was scowling by now and he was suddenly hit with a very evil idea upon seeing Jo continue her antics. Make it more interesting, eh? That sounded quite the plan...

While he didn't agree to stand, he took out a rather highly-technical device and slyly looked over his shoulders, his eyes shifting suspiciously. Oh, he'll give them all excitement, all right. That he will.

After a few moments of tinkering with the box, he waited until officials were looking away and he tossed it over his shoulder without a care. Any minute now, and then--ah, the minute had arrived and electrical tendrils sparked out of the contraption, zapping nearby seats. Without warning, the animals' eyes began to burn like hot coals and heated steam ushered out of their mouths as they began to start twisting and writhing, the metal groaning.

Suddenly, several of the creatures gained a mind of their own and they broke off the pole they were wrenched to. Children and adults screamed everywhere and the Evil Emperor only cackled as chaos was unleashed.

He got off his unicorn the moment it started to activate, and Zurg snickered while hopping off the rotating platform.

How's that for excitement!?
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:09 am

"Join the club, Zurg," Jo smirked, settling back down in her seat. "But don't worry, the ride will be over soon. I think," she added with a small frown. How long did these rides last anyway? As a child, she remembered that they took ages to end.

She heard a crackle of energy, then screams as the rides began to come to life. Parents grabbed kids, while some of the older kids just jumped down. Some didn't even realize the danger and stayed on some of the creatures, but they bucked and tossed them off before running away. The operator gaped at his ride's animation and could only scream and run away as a four-legged feline chased after him with a static-like roar.

"Oooh!" Jo exclaimed, seeing the creature beneath her come to life with a strange animal-like cry. She too jumped off it as it began to bounce away, rolling as she hit the ground.

She laughed heartily as she sat up, readjusting her hat. "That was fun! How'd you do that? I noticed you messing around with something right before it happened."

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:39 am