0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Thorns (join with permission)

Post by Leo on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:19 pm

He's not coming back

The air in his lungs was burning, he couldn't breath but still tried to pull oxygen into his body. His feet were hitting the pavement, the footsteps were loud but he couldn't hear them.

he's not coming back Nothing was right, his head wasn't clear. The world was spinning and his vision was swimming. The cries of the monster were faint, like they were coming far away.

It was right behind him.

This was stupid, he shouldn't be out here.

he's gone

gone

The sharp hands were digging into his shoulders, cutting him. Leo turned around, the claws tearing into the skin more. He grabbed at the creature, it's cold skin clammy against his too hot skin. It was burning him, and squirming, trying to escape. Acid rose up in his throat and his blows came down onto it.

Rage. He was so angry.

Alex was gone, he's never coming back

His blow went to wide and his fist struck concrete, breaking his skin. It didnt stop him though, he pulled back and hit it again.

Never going to see him again

The creature stopped moving long before he did. Leo rose off of it, hearing more noise to his left he grabbed his weapon and followed.
    [ADPT.] Barry
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Stamina Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)

Re: Thorns (join with permission)

Post by [ADPT.] Barry on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:39 pm

There wasn't much to do, was there? Especially with the Breach like this. Blasted fog, overrun with monsters, couldn't leave the Sanctuary much... it was a nuisance... Barry was getting bored with the monsters since he had seen most of them anyway. He knew their attack patterns out in the open and could sense them easily, their blood was tainted and felt strange. Ripping apart a Feral and tossing the body elsewhere, he wandered through the fog, hearing and sensing something else.

"What's that?..." he looked over, hearing footsteps and what sounded like cracking of bones, possibly. "Yo, who's there?", he asked, mainly since the blood felt 'normal'. It might've been someone from the Breach. Better to ask now then attack later, even if that wasn't the case for him most of the time.

Barry walked over closer to the person, cleaver up like a shield just in case as he appeared out of the fog seeing... "Leo? What are ya doin' out here?" that was odd. Mainly since the guy had no real reason since everyone was boarded up and safe... mostly.
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:22 pm

He came to a stop when the foot prints called his name. It was barry. Acid and bile boiled up in him again and made him want to puke.

Someone saw him.

"Barry." Leo couldn't even try to hide his bloody fist. How could he even explain this?

The pressure in him was rising higher, why did someone have to find him, he just wanted to hurt something. The knife of guilt twisted in him tightly, cops weren't suppose to be acting this rash. He felt ashamed and angry and it just made him want to attack one of the monsters even more.

Swallowing the bile, leo licked his lips nervously.

"Nothing, ain't doing nothing out here." He shifted his weight onto his other leg. "Shouldn't you be inside barry? it's dangerous here."
    [ADPT.] Barry
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Stamina Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)

Post by [ADPT.] Barry on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:27 am

Oh... what are you doing.
    Barry easily could tell the guy was upset. Not only that, but it looked like he had beaten a monster to death. That's kinda cool. And... Leo thought this would be bothersome in a way? 'Shouldn't you be inside barry? it's dangerous out here.' Barry only made a "phft" noise and rolled his eyes.

Another Feral was sneaking up behind Leo, and without warning, Barry tossed his cleaver into its face as the thing fell and died. He didn't say anything, just went past the man and ripped the cleaver from the dog's face, then turned around, "I think I can easily take care of myself, officer." He (somewhat) gave a smug grin at Leo, then rubbed his chin in thought, looking closer at the other dead monster. "I take it you're out here killing these things to help trapped civilians, right?"

Barry honestly didn't CARE why the guy was out here, but hey, he was there, why not offer a little chitchat? What else did the armor have to do?
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:39 am

"I take it you're out here killing these things to help trapped civilians, right?"

"Of course!" Leo answered too fast. Citizens had been the last thing on his mind, he hadn't come out here to help anyone. He had come out here to try and get away from the truth.

He began to inch away from barry, Leo didn't want to stay near him, standing still like this let everything else catch up. All he wanted to do was throw himself at the monsters so he could forget and lose himself to something.
    [ADPT.] Barry
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Stamina Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)

Post by [ADPT.] Barry on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:56 am

That sounded forced.
    Also, she said.

"Yes? That's what you're doing out here, eh? Cause it seemed a little different to me..." Barry rubbed his chin again, taking note of Leo's inching. Now he was sure something was up. It was far too obvious. A policemen out in the middle of the monster filled fog, beating monsters to death with his own fists instead of guns and trying to sound as if he was protecting people. Plus, that look on his face and the voice.

Barry wasn't a psychiatrist, but he did know a lot of signs of different types of mental anguish and problems. "If ya don't want to talk about it, I getcha, but I can't allow ya to go out alone like this... cause if I just let people know I saw ya, and you happen to get yerself killed, I doubt anyone would spare me."

"That, and Tally and Sonia might melt me down into a blender and run me over. Many times."

That probably wasn't what Leo wanted to hear. Barry noticed and waited for Leo to be a few feet away before following right behind the man and looking around for monsters.
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:28 am

"I don't need you to watch me barry!" Leo raised his voice at the other, why woudn't he just go away and kill something?

"I'm a grown man, I'm a police officer, I can take care of myself"
    [ADPT.] Barry
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Stamina Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)

Post by [ADPT.] Barry on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:10 am

"Yeah, sure, I know."
    And yet, he stayed there and it was apparent Barry wasn't going to go any time soon. Besides, Leo couldn't shoot him, it'd be a waste of ammo and hitting him would do more damage to Leo than Barry, and he couldn't even feel it. So he stayed a few feet away from the man, simply surveying the area and ready to cut at anything that might pop out of the fog.

"This guy is pissed..." Barry made a mumbling sound as if saying something, "... aren't you supposed to help people or let them stay close to you anyway? That's what most police officers do." Okay, so that rule mostly applied for kids and women, but hey, it could apply here too... more awkwardly, but still. "Besides, I don't talk much..." and to prove his point he kept quiet for a little while, just looking around and sensing for monsters.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:35 am