Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

Punishing Insolence (Tag: Delila Jones, anyone who wish to spectate)

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Re: Punishing Insolence (Tag: Delila Jones, anyone who wish to spectate)

Post by System on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:13 pm

The member 'Dr. Doom' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack Dice (1-5)' : 5, 5, 2

--------------------------------

#2 'Coin Flip' :

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:11 pm

"Simple. It appears to be impairing your ability to listen to either," Delila spat at Doom, "though perhaps that's giving you too much credit. Perhaps your skull is simply that thick."
    [ADPT.] Dr. Doom
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by [ADPT.] Dr. Doom on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:13 pm

"How does telling your simple-minded boyfriend to stop whining like an infant and start acting like an adult go against reason?" Doom continued, wondering just how delusional this girl was. "All I hear from your pitiful peasant mouth are insults and pejoratives. Not reason."

The rockets in Doom's sabatons lifted him off the ground as he looked down at Delila, his eyes filled with scorn and contempt. "When I am finished with you, you insufferable blot on the escutcheon of Portal Breach, you will be naught but a smear underneath my iron heel."

Having spoken his piece for now, Doom sent a third energy blast Delila's way.

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:13 pm

#1 'Attack Dice (1-5)' : 1, 5, 3

#2 'Coin Flip' :

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:22 pm

"Talking is one thing. Threatening to kill him for it is another entirely," Delila spat, "and you and I both know it, you pompous lackwit!"
    [ADPT.] Dr. Doom
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by [ADPT.] Dr. Doom on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:51 pm

"If he were to have the slightest hint of intelligence and heed my warning, there would be no killing." Doom told Delila, moving closer as he fired another blast of pure energy at her.

"And if you had any sense, not to mention any form of manners you would have stayed out of something that did not concern you. Instead you chose to insult me, and insult me more. You say I am a pompous lackwit? I have found ways to become more powerful than gods. I could have easily found a way to restore you to your former self. Now the only thing I will do is destroy you."

Last edited by Dr. Doom on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:51 pm

#1 'Attack Dice (1-5)' : 2, 1, 2

#2 'Coin Flip' :

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:05 pm

Delila laughed. She sincerely laughed. Not a chuckle, not a giggle, but a full belly laugh. The extent of this man's delusions could not fail to amuse her.

"Oh, thank you," she said, "that's the best laugh I've had in years. Now, I don't know what second-rate gods you could have ever managed, but first time anyone tried to equal my Father, he invented death, labor pains, the whole deal. The second time, he invented the concept of multiple languages. Who knows what he'd do to one as you infringing his territory?"
    [ADPT.] Dr. Doom
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by [ADPT.] Dr. Doom on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:41 pm

"Your 'Father' cannot have been much of a god himself, if he created such a worthless waste of flesh. And where is he now?"

Victor grabbed Delila by her throat again, applying pressure to her trachea. "Where is your god now when you need him? Dead, along with the rest."
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:41 pm

#1 'Attack Dice (1-5)' : 5, 2

#2 'Coin Flip' :

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:35 pm

Delila stared back at Doom, determined.

"My God is alive... Otherwise my powers would never have worked here. As it is... They say He has a plan for everyone. Perhaps my cold-blooded slaughter at your hand will serve to incite others to notice that you're a major threat, and team against you."
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:43 pm

Kev rolled his eyes a bit. EVERY God was apparently dead. The GOOD ones at least. HIS Gods were dead, why wouldn't hers be dead too? A God is no different from any other God, except for what powers they might have. And...did she REALLY just say that? He rolled his eyes again and called down to them.

"People HAVE tried to go against Doom already! And all of them failed! And you are apparently no different, seeing how you aren't even TRYING. The only thing your temporary death will do is get Doom into trouble with the law. Then you'll come back, and everything will go back to how it was before." And it was true. Swindle, Jo, Zurg, Morgana, they tried to reason/argue/defeat Doom. BUT it DID NOT WORK. And it would probably never work. Doom was a smart, stubborn, intimidating man, and he wasn't going to back down from what he thinks he should do.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:14 pm

Hmph, even now in the moment of her death did the woman continue to churn her fanaticism. Even when Dr. Doom proceeded to slowly crush her windpipe did she still continue to spew forth her unshakable beliefs. Brainwashed and soon... dead. This was all her beliefs would net her in the end: death. She was willing and foolish enough to resist adaptation and die with all the other stubborn, narrow-minded idealists.

It was to be fitting, he supposed. It was either evolve or become extinct in life; it always had been. Seemed Delila was just one to... become extinct.

Zurg felt not a pity or a remorse, at least not for the girl. No, his unspoken condolences were for the other half of this abused relation: Blade. The poor man would have to bear witness and watch as the woman he loved was crushed beneath an iron-clad might. The Evil Emperor wondered if Blade knew what love was--no one rightfully did--and he mused over a few things; private things. It was a shame that Delila could not see that her actions and her ideologies were hurting the man who cared for her, but like most extremists... she would only care about herself. Her selfish beliefs. That was not love.

By the time Doom and Delila were exchanging banter between themselves Zurg was already walking down the rows, finding where Jo sat and he gently touched her shoulder, briefly acknowledging Zippy at her side.

"We should go, Jo." He whispered simply. "I don't think either of us want to see a massacre. This isn't right to watch, nor do we have the right to watch. Blade has enough misery as it is." The tyrant motioned to the lad further away.

Let's go, Jo. Let's go...
    [INACT.] Blade Toyaka
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 19

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    240/240  (240/240)
    Stamina Bar:
    38/38  (38/38)

Post by [INACT.] Blade Toyaka on Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:13 pm

Blade stayed unable to watch yet unable to tear away. He couldn't allow himself to leave Deilia alone, if it hadn't been for his big mouth she wouldn't have had a reason to stand up to Doom. He felt sick watching the scene in front of him, more sick then he had ever made himself. If he had time he would have taught Deilia every bit of combat training he knew. He tried to pray for a miracle. His family had never truly been religious, hell his aunt and cousin practiced a depraved form of blood sorcery, but he was willing to try for her. "Don't take her away from me. Not yet" He felt as if his whole world was ending.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Jo kept watching the fight, feeling her stomach churn with every blow Doom dealt. Why didn't Delila fight back? Why didn't she try to defend herself with more than just words? She could never hope to achieve something like this, not against someone so strong. What was she thinking?

And then gods came into the mix, and Jo could not help but frown. She had a lot to say on the subject, but to do so would only dig the grave deeper. No, Delila was doomed now. The way Doom was crushing her windpipe should be indication enough. Jo's hand unconsciously felt her own neck, recalling the sensation.

But in all this, she could not help but feel sorry for Blade. He was the one who was going to suffer the most from this. Doom? After this he would go on like nothing had ever happened. And Delila? Well, she'd be back eventually. But Blade would be the one left to feel the loss torn from him; to hurt, to mourn, to grieve. She knew the feeling all too well, especially when he fell to his knees and....

She jumped and looked up to see Zurg had touched her shoulder. She hadn't know that Zurg had come to watch the fight. Although he was right. This was no fight. This was a slaughter, a massacre.

"Yeah...." she croaked, looking once at Blade, then back at Zurg. "Yeah, let's go. Bye, Zippy."

She got up and followed Zurg through the seats, gripping his hand tightly. It was best to just leave it all behind. Staying would only make things worse. Not only for Blade and the others, but for them.

This would not end well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:28 am