Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Time, What is Time? (Tag: Zurg)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:43 am

Look at Jo, all worried. He had chosen this option simply because he wasn't going to patsy out, and that since Jo took so much delight in nature he was going to enjoy all he could. Just for her~!

She was still doing the garbage when they got back, too.

"I'm right behind you~!" He said in singsong, finding the twilight world so much easier to see in. Ahhh, such wonderful shades and colours. He could see everything like this without that pesky, bright sun!

He gave Jo a minute before she got lost.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:49 am

Jo continued on for a while, taking a left turn at one point. She hummed a little tune under her breath, a song she'd heard on the radio the other day, jumping over mossy rocks and crunching small twigs and dried leaves underneath her boots.

"So, do you have any plans for another outing? I'm starting to feel like I choose all of our spots now!"

Whoops, nearly walked into that tree there. Ah, they were back to the thick trees. This would probably be trickier to handle in the twilight.

"Is there some place you'd like to go? Some place in the city yo haven't seen yet?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:09 am

But the trees were no problem for Zurg now, and he happily bound over a log and playfully jumped through a faerie ring before perching upon a very astute boulder. This was a lovely boulder.

"I'm rather content with the barren, lifeless plains of Planet Z." He said to Jo, pretending to scout ahead with a hand at his forehead as he surveyed the darkened land with narrow eyes. Hmm, this all looked... different. And it smelled different, too. But he had faith in Jo and he didn't mention anything. Well, other than replying to her question. She was probably thinking he was lame for not being more interesting in vacations.

"That in mind... I would rather like to see something... tropical. And not an island, mind you, but perhaps a rain forest? I've always wanted to see one of those, you know." He spoke up, hearing an owl hoot not far ahead of their location. "A rain forest, perhaps a fjord, and oh! Maybe a volcano!"

And then he remembered Sentilla VI.

"......Maybe not a volcano."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:24 am

"Well, I was thinking something along the lines of an easily accessible place," she admitted, chuckling. "But yeah, we could do those! I'd like to see a rain forest and a fio-however-you-called-it and more exotic places~" But then again, to Jo, everything would be new and exotic. "Maybe on our next vacation, eh?"

Speaking of vacations, Jo was suddenly reminded of how her parents first met, on a vacation planet resort, and she had to stop walking for a moment as the memories hit her. She hadn't thought about her parents in a while, and she instantly felt bad about it. The anniversary of their death was fast approaching, and while she'd usually go visit their graves on Tradeworld, she had no real way of honoring their memory now....

She drew a breath and rubbed her arms, suddenly feeling colder than before. "It's getting late. We should pick up the pace." And following her own advice, she plodded on through the trees, trying to put those thoughts behind her.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:31 am

"A fjord~! Don't ask; it's some silly Basic pronunciation thing." He mumbled as he fanned a hand. "I would have simply called it a Feeyord, or... something easier! Like ice flow! So much eas--hmm?" Odd, Jo's voice took a sudden... turn. And not a good one. When she stopped in her tracks Zurg wondered if something had... stricken her. Possibly...

As one would come to find out, he was rather good at deciphering people's desires and thoughts through their voices rather than their facial features. Call it a specie trait, and it served him well at times. Still, should he pester Jo? It didn't seem overly pleasant.

He made his mind as he hopped off the boulder and followed after her, giving her some space. "Find something you found interesting, Jo?" Zurg asked, holding out his arms for balance as he walked foot after foot upon a log beside her trail. "You grew awfully quiet there."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:36 am

She moistened her lips, not answering at first. She should have known Zurg would see through her. "Oh, nothing. I just remembered something, that's all~"

She tried to sound more cheerful about it, but her voice cracked slightly. So she cleared her throat and squared her shoulders. "It's getting a bit cold, isn't it? I hope I don't get a sore throat! Those can be nasty...."

She pushed on through the trees, wondering whether they'd reached the right spot, because she didn't remember the trees being this thick. Oh, please don't say that she got them lost! They should come across the path at any second now! But after another minute of walking, Jo had to admit that the trees weren't getting any thinner, and she couldn't spot the fallen, twisted tree at all.

....Craters.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:45 am

Yep, that minute was up and they were lost. But he politely didn't say anything and he reacted to Jo's shivering, slinging the knapsack off a shoulder and reaching into it.

"I figured we'd be out later than we thought, so I packed~!" He loved packing! He loved it so much he pulled out a personal-sized blanked and unfurled it with a snap so he could drape it upon Jo's shoulders to keep her warm. It was a fuzzy, fleece blanket, too! And he got it on sale~! Ah, sales... "And if you're thirsty or hungry, I packed snacks!" The Evil Emperor smiled as he took out a crinkly wrapper to show Jo.

But he soon sighed, and put the knapsack away, hoisting it on his back again. "You don't have to cover it up, Jo. You're clearly bothered." He pointed out, but gently. It would do no good agitating her. "You know you can tell me. You don't have to, but you can. And besides~! You said we had another hour or two, and since we're lost it'll be even longe--Oops!"

He quickly covered that big, wide mouth of his and winced apologetically to Jo.

".....Sorry. You're doing a good job directing! Don't stop!"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:12 am

"Packed? Packed wh--" But her question was soon answered when he put a warm, fluffy blanket around her shoulders, and she wrapped it tightly around herself.

"Thanks." She smiled softly at him. "You think of everything! And if you have a chocolate bar or something I'd like that~" Chocolate was a good pick-me-up, but not more than the concern of a certain Evil Emperor.

She managed a tight grin. "Yeah, I got us lost. You can go ahead and tease me mercilessly about my poor sense of direction now~"

But she was grateful for Zurg's concern, more grateful than he could know. It wasn't easy for her to talk about some things with people, but with Zurg she felt like she could tell him anything and he wouldn't judge her for it.

"I just remembered my parents. Have I ever told you how they met?" Not waiting for a reply, she went on to explain anyway. It was easier to just get it all off her chest at once.

"They met on a vacation planet resort. It was kind of funny how they met, actually. My mother didn't want to have anything to do with my father at first. But he managed to win her over with his natural, bumbling charm. They came together pretty quickly, since the trip only lasted for less than a month, but they came together strong."

She smiled in remembrance, pulling the blanket tighter around her as her voice lowered.

"My father also told me how, on the last day of their vacation, he had carved their initials on a tree at the place they first met, in the hopes that they would someday return to relive those happy days on one of their anniversaries when they'd saved up enough money for all of us to go back there again. And he'd promised that he'd show me the tree. And all the places they'd seen and enjoyed. But he never did...."

She wasn't crying--couldn't ever cry again, not after that day. But it still hurt, like a dull ache that never really went away and sometimes returned with a vengeance. A few deep breaths to steady and most of the pain had already faded. But the ache would remain. It always did.

"Ugh, I'm sorry," she apologized, turning back to him. "Look at me, ruining our outing! I should really stop doing that. It's not fair to either one of us."

"Now then!" She cleared her throat and looked around. "I think if we turn this way, we'll eventually find that tree. Come on!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:34 am

Ask and you shall receive~!

"Of course, Jo! What person doesn't like chocolate when they're totally lost and stranded in a dark, creepy forest such as this~!" His loud voice echoed, spooking the wildlife and causing the owls to hoot like mad. Ah, Kev would love this. He took out the candy bar in question and offered it to Jo. "I didn't know what you liked, so I got this king size, er...." He briefly paused to read the label. "...Rees... ees? Reese's? Reese's. Huh, that's an odd name."

Regardless he gave Jo the candy... packet... and only rolled his eyes again at her hopelessness. "It's fine, Jo. I'll get us out of this like usual. With any luck we'll come across something familiar. And no! You barely mentioned your parents. Do tell."

And so, he listened to her tale quietly and nodded his head a little while she spoke. Sounded like her parents were quite the charmers. The story turned dark, however, and he caught the hints in Jo's voice that something had happened; that her father didn't take them to see the spot where her parents had met. And when she tried to act all tough, he fiddled with his hands, frowning, and wondered what to do or say in a situation like this.

She was such a strong person... certainly stronger than him at times.

"Well... it sounds your parents had a lovely unison together." He tried to smile. But the mentioning of her parents only got him thinking about his parents and how terrible they were; failures, yet at the same time... Hmph. They didn't really deserve any thought. None at all. "And which way?"

He tried to mentally shove it aside and forget about it while staring at the expansive woods all around. Eesh, the fog of the forest...

"If anything is to ruin our outing it's going to be my snoring! I doubt the bears would appreciate that..."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:46 am

"Reese's? Huh." Jo had never heard of that brand before, but she took the chocolate from him anyway and removed a cup-shaped piece from it. She took a small bite from it and her face lit up. "Hey, it tastes like bunzel butter! Well, not quite, but almost~!"

She nodded, having already eaten half the candy. "They were pretty funny. They'd mock-argue sometimes and pretend to make up afterwards." She did a series of smooching noises and laughed. "I used to hate how mushy-gushy they'd get so they'd just do it sometimes to see the disgusted look on my face!"

But she caught a lying undertone at his observation and wondered whether he had a story to tell. "Got anything to share with the class, Big Z? Don't be shy now~"

Feeling decidedly better now and out of the strange moody loop, she finished off the last of her candy, stuffing the wrapper into a pocket and lamenting how she never managed to wish Zurg the ability to eat sugar before Delila left that one time. And now that she was powerless she couldn't! Craters! Such an opportunity gone to waste!

"Oh, let's hope we don't run into that bear Kieran always talked about." He'd spoken about it tons of times and all those scratches on him were terrible! "But hey, you could totally scare it off with your snoring, or just with a swoosh of your very evil cape~!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:01 am

"Ewwwww..." Zurg made a face at all the kissing, and even went so far as to stick out his tongue. Yuck, mushy gushy. "Like a certain couple we know, right?" He nudged her with his elbow, winking.

Kev and Leslie, he meant you, you little face-suckers...

Her sudden question, however, got him to panic and he tried to shake his head. "Oh, uh, no~! Not real--okay, fine, yes... yes I do." So much for keeping a straight face and holding his own. Jo would only bug him anyway! Rubbing the back of his neck he tried to think of how to start and just how much exactly to tell. It wasn't very pleasant material, and it certainly wasn't fun to recall, either...

"Er... well, Jo... I think I'm a little... ah, envious isn't the extent, but it's in the right vein." Zurg expressed while holding out both his palms, exhaling. "Where your parents came together out of the entropic beauty of the universe, mine simply came together because it was... beneficial. I don't know if they had ever loved each other. It was all business and politics, ahaha~! Ahah... hah..." Somehow him trying to laugh at it didn't make him feel better at all.

"I can only imagine how much your parents cherished you, Jo, and I think that's a wonderful thing to experience. I know I would have given anything to feel that; if only for just a moment." Hmph, that felt odd admitting. And it felt slightly... upsetting. Almost angry upsetting. He shouldn't be aggravated at Jo, he really shouldn't, but there was that pent up streak of his. It wasn't Jo's fault--none of it was--but why did he...

".........I hated them." Zurg suddenly spoke up, his voice low and softer than usual. "And I still hate them. Even though they're probably skeletons in some awful dimension or their bodies scattered across all planes of existence, I hate them. I know I shouldn't say that, that I should let it go, but... I never had the last word. Never. I never told them how much they made me so angry, so miserable. And when they left, they robbed me of that opportunity. I just wanted to yell at them so badly and see them hurt as I was that..." He stopped. Jo didn't need to hear that. And shame on him for even mentioning that.

"I'm sorry, Jo. I guess I lapsed, there! What were you saying about bears? I can only remember that bear X had...." The one with the gatling guns....
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:21 am

"Yeah! I mean, sure, I like cuddles as much as the next person but they're just too mushy-gushy!" Although she'd be darned if she could get some loving in the immediate future. But that was a subject for another thread!

But the laughter faded from her eyes as she listened to Zurg's side of the story. She did recall strong flashes, just images and disconnected scenes she hadn't been able to make complete sense out of at the time, and she could almost feel the anger emanating from him, the unrest, the lack of closure. What he needed was closure, but he was still stuck in the previous stage.

She wanted to tell him that he shouldn't hate his parents and that they probably loved him as strongly as the love of any parent for their child, but it wasn't like the opposite wasn't true either. All the stories she'd heard, about hatred, neglect, abandonment, even murder.... She didn't want to think about Zurg's parents being as heartless as some of those people, but ultimately, if Zurg didn't even know the truth, how could she?

So she comforted him in the only way she could. She sidled up to him and took his hand in hers, squeezing it reassuringly, knowing he would still feel it through the armor. "I cherish you," she whispered. "I know it's not the same as wanting the love of your parents, but I hope mine can help out, even if it's just a little."

Her sap-o-meter was going haywire, but she knew Zurg needed this reassurance. He was so brave, always putting on a strong face to the world, but in reality he was very vulnerable, and sometimes Jo couldn't help but feel like she wanted to protect him and shield him from all that, even if she physically wasn't capable of such feats.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:59 am

Oh, no! Now Jo caught on that he was upset and she was even grasping his hand like it was going to be all right! Like everything was going to be okay! That he would be okay! For Cosmos sake, why did he feel so blasted irritable about this?!

"I... I know, Jo." Ugh, how weak he sounded right there. It was mildly disgusting and drastically unlike himself. He just wanted to take what he had blurted about his parents and eat it. Eat it and wash his hands of it. There was no way in the Cosmos he was going to sound like Delila and be angst-ridden. He was not an angsty character! He was a strong character; a powerful character.

......If only.

"Ahem!" Zurg cleared his throat, biting back whatever sting was there and trekked on forward, determined. Or, rather appearing determined. He was so out of character... "A-Anyway! Anyway...." Oh, craters, what had he been planning to say. Augh, now his thinking was all a mess. Augh... he really couldn't...

He didn't know which was worse: his embarrassing goof, or the guilt of making Jo feel like she had to comfort him. Jo had enough to worry about without him making a fool of himself. And he wanted to tell her how much he appreciated her compassion; her willingness to stick by him and actually put up with his pedian slug guano. And he had a lot of pedian slug guano. Mounds of it. Jo shouldn't have to sift through all that! No, no. But... His thoughts momentarily drifted onto his discussion with Tally in her flower shop, and he wondered if his advice really worked at all. It didn't seem to help him any, but maybe he wasn't letting it.

"I... I did want their love..." It didn't do right to Jo by ignoring her generosity. And he couldn't bring himself to harm Jo in anyway. "To the point where it drove me mad. But..." He smiled to himself and brought Jo closer, kicking his sap-o-meter out the metaphorical window. To the void with that thing, anyway. "Your love is all I need and so long as I have that, I don't think I have a rightful grudge with the universe~! Well.... maybe a few tiny ones..."

Kev, if you bother him about this, just know that he'll take a squirrel and shove it up your bruuka.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:15 am

There he was, trying to pull that tough guy attitude. But even he must have realised that it was a futile struggle. Jo had half a mind to tell him that it wasn't bad to show what he really felt or thought about things sometimes, but she knew he'd scoff or brush her off at that. He did have an image to maintain, and pride. She knew he was a very proud and stubborn individual, just like she was, so rubbing salt into the wound would only make him chafe at her more.

So it was with some surprise that he brought her closer and told her that her love was enough, and she couldn't help but feel like they'd accomplished something today; like another barrier had come down and had brought them even closer than before.

"And you have it all, you really do." She rubbed his back in what she hoped was a soothing and comforting manner, resting her cheek against his arm. "And tiny grudges aside, I think we've been coming along just fine, hmm?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:23 am

"Yes! I accomplished many things lately!" He shall list them on a hand for her to see! "One, I fired my first death ray since ever and killed Kit Ballard. Two, she kicked my bruuka. Three, I killed her again and am now covered in black bruises. Four, I dunked Barry's head into a used toilet and he nearly choked me to death. And five..." Which was the biggie to which he put an arm around Jo's shoulder and fixed her blanket so she could stay warm.

"And five, I spent an entire day out in nature with the one I love and actually survived. Not even a rash or bee sting. But..." He tapped her nose gently. "...you're stilling taking out the trash when we get back. Ah! Here we are."

Zurg looked up and gestured to a familiar sight: the fallen tree Jo had been talking about. It was hard to see in detail, but the outline should be faint enough for her to see. "I knew you could lead us back, Jo. See? You're not so terrible at directions." Of course he secretly didn't mention how he had been subtly steering them in this direction, but no one needed to know that. The fact was they were found again, and it was now up to Jo to lead them!

Again!

Boy, maybe he should have brought a camping tent...

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:22 am