Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Time, What is Time? (Tag: Zurg)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Wow, that was deep. Like, from the heart deep. He could just hear the Rhizomians lining up and snapping their fingers to a static, calm drum tempo. Beetniks, they had called themselves.

But enough tomfoolery.

"Oh, so I'm not an interesting person at face value, hmm~? I don't know about that, Jo." He teased, wrapping a gentle arm around her and bringing her closer so she wouldn't be cold. It was getting nippy, wasn't it? He took another gander at the scenery, giving it a second look, and he could see what she meant. A little. He was hard on abstract, you know. Say, why not be a little abstract and see how Jo takes it? Be a little bold!

"And I know what I can share with you!" Zurg suddenly smiled, turning over a bit to disturb a log and fetch something. When he came to, whatever was in his hand stirred and he pried his fingers back slowly to reveal none other than, Jo's favourite subject, a bug. And not just any bug: a beetle. And a tough one, too.

"You're like this beetle, Jo." He winked, holding the stumbling thing up so they could both get a better look. "You act all tough and cloistered on the outside--see the shell?--but when you get to understand..." He delicately flipped the beetle onto its back and stroked its belly, the insect placated and almost cuddly. "You're a very loving and considerate person, and I don't think you should change that for the world."

There, how did he pass the abstract test?
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:33 pm

She laughed softly and laid her head against his shoulder--or arm, what with his shoulder pads being in the way--relaxing and feeling slightly drowsy now that his body heat was warming her up.

She didn't stir when he fumbled around for something, but her half-lidded eyes did bulge slightly when she saw he was holding a bug. Ugh, she wasn't that fond of insects. Grubs, she was getting used to slowly. And she just wanted to knock all the roaches in existence out with nitrous oxide or something.

Alright, so being compared to a beetle wasn't something that happened to her everyday, but she could see what he was trying to get at, and she had to admit she kind of liked the idea of him liking her the way she was and not wanting her to change.

"You get cookie points for effort." She chuckled, patting his chest. "And for the interesting comparison. Now put that poor thing back where you found it before a hungry bird snatches it out of your hand."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 pm

"I love cookie points." He put the drowsy beetle back where it belonged and went back to tending his little beetle; but he wouldn't dare call her that openly. Cosmos know how much Jo was irked by insects. So, instead, he tightened his hold around her so that she could rest in ease and take comfort in his embrace. Hope his armour wasn't a bother... it wasn't the most affectionately compatible.

A minute passed and then another, and another, and another, and finally entire ten minutes. An entire ten minutes had just idly passed them by and they didn't seem to even care. Eh, what was time here, anyway. It wasn't much to be concerned with at the moment. Not when there was an idyllic piece of nature like this. And it had been a very long time since he had stopped to admire and enjoy things.

"So..." He spoke for the first time since the beetle talk. "Have you figured where you want to live? I can't imagine that you'd want to stay in that small, cramped inn room of yours... and with Tank as your neighbour, more less! I'd have tortured the boy long before to keep my sanity in check."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:12 am

It had been a while since they'd sat together like this, in that comfortable silence of theirs when they didn't even have to talk. Jo liked those times; it was as if they were so in tune with each other that words were unnecessary.

She leaned closer to him, putting an arm around his waist to get more comfortable. Mmmm, he smelled pretty good. But then again, it was rare when Zurg didn't smell good, at least to her.

"Well, I think I've finally saved enough to get a small, modest place of my own," she replied, looking over the waters. "At first, I was thinking of maybe adding another floor to my shop, so I'd be there 24/7 just in case my presence was needed. But I don't want to live off of my job, you know?"

She stretched slightly, not breaking their embrace. "What I'd really like is to live out of town, somewhere peaceful with a lot of green all around. Maybe even here. But it's really far from town and out of the way...."

She seemed genuinely concerned over her dilemma, and chewed on her lower lip. Practical problems got in the way, like what she'd do out here all alone in the wilderness, how she would build a place of her own, how she would move around from place to place....
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:19 am

"Did you?" The news that Jo saved up a decent amount was good; very good, even. Jo had always wanted to earn things on her own and earning enough money to buy her own place would be a huge boost in confidence for her. He agreed with her that living at her job wouldn't be as fun and it would wear her down, but he also didn't know what to comment about her moving far away.

"Well, if you lived far away, like Darkmatter, you'd have to learn to be self-reliant. Can you do that?" Zurg wasn't so sure Jo would be able to handle it, but maybe. The woman could do anything if she put her mind and temper to it. "You'd have to raise your own animals for food, a garden for vegetables, gas tanks, generators, all that good stuff. And if you came out to town it'd be rarely. Plus, you'd be needing to keep yourself busy. I reckon being all alone out there would drive anyone mad if they had nothing to do!"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:32 am

"I'm not sure I can!" she admitted with a small laugh. "That's my major problem. It'd just be so far away from civilization, from everything I'd need. I don't think I can do that, not like Kev and Leslie. I don't even like vegetables, remember?" she reminded him, prodding his chest gently. "If I tried to tend to them, let alone grow my own garden, they'd die in a matter of days. And let's not get started on animals!"

She settled down and ran her fingers through her hair. "I guess it could work out if I had a shuttle to move from here to the city often. And I could go to the mall for groceries. That's closer. Generators and gas tanks I'm not too concerned about because I can make those and I'll know how long they'll last.

"I guess the major problem would be work. Whether I like it or not, I'll have to go down to the city every day for work. I guess if I had a small shuttle it would make things easier, maybe halve the distance or something. I'd have to build that too."

So many things to consider, and yet so little time to make them all work out....
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:42 am

"You know, Jo... you could do this." Zurg fidgeted to sit up straighter and find a more comfortable position. "You could keep your place at the inn, or you can purchase something in city. You know, like a condominium. That way you live in the city, your work isn't too far, and you can walk everywhere you want. All your necessities and wants are confined in an ideal spot. And if you still want that recluse from society, maybe you can buy a small place that won't require too much upkeeping and use it as a summer house! A timeshare! Huh? What do you think of that? Pretty ingenious, I know~!"

Now how come his other schemes weren't as successful or well thought out...
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:47 am

"You know, I hadn't thought of it like that," she admitted, her eyes lighting up. "But if I do that, I'll probably have to save up some more money to be able to buy two places."

Her mind was already working out how she could juggle getting two places at once and what she'd have to do to get them. What would be a suitable location in the city? Somewhere close to her shop, and maybe something close to the library for Proxy.

She grinned and clapped her hands together happily. "You're a genius, Big Z~! It'll need planning, but I think it could work out. I'll just have to save up some more!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:58 am

"Saving money is no issue, Jo. And if you ever need help, even though you constantly slap my hand away, I'll help pitch in. And if you need help with planning or budgeting, I'm your overseer!" Zurg just loved planning and budgeting! In fact, he loved doing all those things in general! It was somehow ingrained into his brain, thanks to decades of training. Brainwashing, as he was fond to call it.

"But that's all in due time. There's no rush and it's not like the market is experiencing a rise or fall in prices. I'd say you've literally got all the time in the world! Boy... I should capitalize on this..."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:05 am

"Ooh, I'd actually really appreciate it if you helped me out with planning and budgeting." She was kind of bad with all those tiny details, so Zurg's help would be doing her a big favor.

She leaned back slightly, tracing his belt behind his back with her fingers lazily, trying to put her thoughts into words.

"Well, you're a trillionaire or something what with your occupation, right? And I know you like helping me out, which I really do appreciate--you're very generous to me--but I still don't feel right about taking your money without earning it. I'm sorry, I'm trying to break that habit, I really am, but it just doesn't sit right with my conscience."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:12 am

"A trillionaire~?! Jo, you wound me!" Zurg flicked a wrist flamboyantly, batting his eyes and nothing in particular. "Take that number and times it by ten, and then take that number and times it by ten! I don't know about you, but I can't even count that high nor can I even spend all that by myself! I mean... sure, I have a penchant for sales but I'm not a big spender... I think that wealth will outlast me."

At least that was what the grubs in Finance had told him. Really, he should invest some of that into something! But he got the memo that Jo was too proud, and he knew when he was beat.

"Okay, okay; I get it." He sighed. "I'll just... have to think of something for you to do for me so that I can pay you." But what? Would Jo even take a job from him? Hmm...
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:22 am

Yeah, that was a lot of money. A lot of money she didn't want him to waste on her.

"Let me try to explain it better," she reasoned, crossing her legs underneath her. "It's not the money itself I don't want--not exactly--it's the implications of using that money."

No, it wasn't coming out right. How could she explain it better?

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want you for the money. Money's the last thing I care about when it comes to you." She gripped his hand and squeezed it. "And I don't want you to think that just because I'm refusing your money I'm refusing you. You mean more to me than anything else in the world."

She felt her cheeks get warmer and dropped his gaze. She still didn't think she'd explained herself right and she felt kind of silly admitting all this to him. "Uhhh.... I think I should really stop watching those soaps...."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:33 am

He moved a bit to allow her some space, and he grew confused at her... explanation? That was Jo; botching up things that came straight out of her mouth! She'll clarify, though, so he didn't interrupt and merely listened.

"Oh! Oh... Now I get it." A light bulb went off in the spaceport, and Zurg finally understood why Jo was so adamant to earn things the hard way. "Ah, Jo." He dismissed his free hand and brought her close enough so he could rest a cheek on her head. "I know money isn't of importance to you, and it isn't to me, either. Why, no money in the Cosmos brought me as much happiness as you have and if I could share some with you so you can achieve your dreams it would have a greater purpose than just collecting dust in a vault underground. And I don't take any offense to your refusals, but know I'm not going to stop offering until you do one day!" Wow, that came flying straight out of his mouth, too.

"......Maybe we should both stop watching All My G'shktahk." Although the series was undergoing a very interesting turn of events! Dwizzlebrek's evil twin brother, Dwizzlekreb, wasn't really dead and was coming back for revenge on the mother that may be with his child only for that child to be his good twin brother's, Dwizzlebrek's! GASP!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:53 am

She hugged him back just as tightly, enjoying the feel of his arms around her. Cosmos, she'd missed that closeness. It had been a long time since they'd been together like this. And she was glad that he'd understood what she had tried to say. He always seemed to get her, even when she couldn't get herself.

She smiled against his chest. "Well, keep offering and I might just accept one day~" And it wasn't that she kept refusing him just for the sake of refusal. No, she wanted to have it all planned out and be absolutely sure before she would accept anything. If there was one thing she had learned from Zurg, it was that planning things beforehand always paid off.

"But Zuuuuurg," she whined, "Dwizzlekreb's close to killing Anzelgurz! His own lover! His twin's lover! We have to find out whether Dwizzelbrek saves her!"

Oh, whoops. Looks like Jo's priorities just flew out the window there.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:58 am

Finally! She would accept one da--"WHAT!?"

Zurg pulled away from the embrace in shock, his face mortified. "Anzelgurz is both of their lovers!? HUUUUUGH! This is worse than I imagined! I always knew Anzelgurz was a two-timing, no-good, pus-filled sack of slime! But I never could have imagined that she was playing both of their fiddles! Jo, you spoiled me! I haven't watched the show in a week!" He whined, shoving her gently with a pout and groan.

Nooooo! He wanted to be surprised, darn it! Wait a minute...

Narrowing his eyes, the Evil Emperor put his hands upon his hips and gave Jo his best inquisitorial glare. "I thought you hated soaps..."

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:24 am