Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Just a fun night [tag: Kev]

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:02 pm

"Licorice tasted good! But not black licorice. That was nasty." He said, shaking his head in disgust a bit. He tilted his head, gathering his thoughts so that he could accurately explain it.

"Well, on my planet, if you met someone you liked, you usually courted them for a while, somewhat like the humans do. A romantic partner didn't have to be just male and female either, it just depends on who you love. Well, if you loved someone enough, you'd make a mental link, it links the two of you emotionally, psychologically, so its a serious commitment. And when you break a link, its painful. For both. And some people, after getting a mind link, get bonded, which is similar to marriage. And sometimes two people linked together can have a child together when they are called in to mate." He explained, ready in case she might have questions.
    Leslie O'Rinn
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 22

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Leslie O'Rinn on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Her eyes got huge as he explained it. "A mental link? How does that work? The mortals frowned upon relationships that weren't strictly male and female. Faes didn't mind it, though..." She smiled and leaned closer to give him her full attention, finding it fascinating. Other worlds and cultures were interesting, though hard to accept sometimes. Technology was much harder to embrace though. "Were you allowed to keep the child if you wanted?"
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:33 pm

"Its very delicate telepathy, and both have to be willing...there HAVE been moments where someone tried forcing a mind link, and they were swiftly punished." Kev said with a hint of anger and disgust. As a species of Aliens who dabble in telepathy all the time, they had decided what was taboo to do, and what wasn't. And usually, intruding in someone's mind without their permission was EXTREMELY taboo. He noticed her leaning in closer and leaned in himself. Likewise, he enjoyed hearing about other cultures, even if they WERE strange and annoying at times.

"And yeah, if the two who mated were either linked or bonded, they got to take care of their spawn." He added, not as uncomfortable this time with talking about the spawn.
    Leslie O'Rinn
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Leslie O'Rinn on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Leslie shook her head. "That's a shame, but I suppose every species has their bad seed, right? Perfection isn't possible. Of course, my kind try to be." She sighed and looked down at her hands. It had always bothered her about changelings, especially since it was so hard for them to conceive and have children. Maybe if they weren't so high in standards, they'd be happier. It made her wonder if she really was an only child, or just an only PERFECT child.

"I've heard of binding in the fae world, though I'm not entirely sure how it works. I believe it's similar to your mind link, however. If circumstances had been different, I'd probably know how it works..." She smiled, feeling a bit melancholic suddenly.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Kev nodded a bit as she spoke. "Yes, the bad seeds...they make places a pain to live in, don't they?" he reflected,thinking of the bad seeds that certainly don't need naming, here in PB. Luckily, they seemed to be running off to other Gammas.

"Fairies can bind? Wooow.....if that IS like mind linking, that'd sure be interesting huh? Two different species, evolving the same techniques...VERY interesting..." Kev said, scratching his chin a bit, still kicking his legs in his chair happily. In the background, the song changed and Kev bobbed his head to the beat.
    Leslie O'Rinn
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Leslie O'Rinn on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:54 pm

She nodded and shook her foot to the new beat. "I've only heard of a few doing it...they knew things about each other without ever having to talk. None of them dared try with another species though, they felt mortals couldn't handle it. Though they were stronger than us in certain aspects, their minds are terribly fragile. That's really all I know though..." she shrugged and spun around laughing. It was one of the best nights she's ever had, which really was saying a lot seeing how old the faerie was. "From what you said about your kind, it doesn't seem to me like it was ever tried with another species, was it?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Wow...he could scarcely believe how similar the Faes' binding was to his species' mind link. It was amazing! He nodded in agreement.

"Oh yeah, my species is....more than a little xenophobic, so making a mind link...its never been done. And ESPECIALLY no mating with other species. Not just because it wouldn't be possible, but because that would 'pollute' the gene pool, and that is a BIG taboo." he explained, feeling a bit ashamed of his species xenophobia. Before he had come here, growing up with those beliefs, it seemed like it just made sense, but he had come here, seen that just because SOME aliens might wanna hurt him, or experiment on people, doesn't mean ALL aliens want to do that.
    Leslie O'Rinn
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Leslie O'Rinn on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:19 pm

She nodded, understanding. Faeries didn't have a problem with breeding with mortals, though they preferred to keep it as pure fae as possible. The Queen tried to keep halflings in her court, or a close eye on them, though some managed to slip pass her. They never had reasons to fear the mortals, in fact, the mortals had feared THEM. She wasn't sure when it changed, though, but when it had, she knew first hand they had reasons to fear the mortals.

"Faeries didn't mind mixing the gene pool, though the Queen often would have the halflings swept away to her realm. They were strange, often expiring after a few hundred years. I suppose the mortal blood tainted them in some way..." She looked at the dancers, and sighed. "They were about as romantic as mortals, too."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Kev nodded, still tapping his fingers to the beat.

"Your Queen sounds powerful, yet nice~ and yikes....a shorter lifespan? That's too bad, but tainted blood, that'd make sense." He nodded stretching out a bit and watching the dancing people. Half of the people seemed to be leaving though, it must have been really late to make this crowd wander off and leave. He tilted his head at Leslie.

"The time must have flown by....would you rather stay here, or go ahead and leave?" He asked, honestly fine with either option.
    Leslie O'Rinn
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Leslie O'Rinn on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:24 pm

"The queen was powerful. She could be cruel, though." She smiled and noticed people leaving. "Oh! Is it already that late? Well, are you feeling tired?" She looked back at him, ready to leave if he was. "If not, we could always go somewhere else? It's a clear night..." She smiled and rubbed her ankles.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Kev shook his head. He wasn't tired in the least, dancing like a fool was better than caffeine it seemed. He thought a bit before perking up happily.

"A clear night you say? We could probably go on a walk then, no? Look at the beautiful sky..." He got a dreamy look on his face just thinking of it. Made him think of the first night he had gotten here, freaked out and confused, but mesmerized by the nighttime sky.
    Leslie O'Rinn
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Leslie O'Rinn on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:43 pm

"Ooh, a walk would be lovely! Just lead the way, you ARE more familiar with this place than I am!" She smiled and stood up, bouncing on the balls of her feet to stretch her legs. A walk would be nice, and she'd be able to get the moon essence she needed, her skin was looking a bit dull to her...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:08 pm

Kev sat up excitedly and held his arm out for her to grab, and proceeded to lead her out of the club. As soon as they exited the club, the first thing they saw up in the night sky was the moon, which happened to be full tonight.

Not too far away of course, was the purple Outline of Planet Z, the Planet where Zurg resided. Other than those two features though, like Leslie said, the night was clear. Kev lead Leslie through the thankfully not busy sidewalks to a bench. Sitting down and patting the seat next to him happily.

"I love the sky here.......its lovely~" He cooed, eyes looking up at the moon, almost in a trance. Even though his eyes weren't too great for noticing colors like 'turquoise', he could easily see features off in a distance. He looked at the small, blurry craters in the moon and tried looking for little shapes in it.
    Leslie O'Rinn
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Leslie O'Rinn on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Leslie looked up, admiring and soaking in the moon. Though it wasn't vital for her existence, she was most certainly better and had a special glow when she was able to moon bathe. She sat by him on the bench, leaning back, and smiled. Silently, she stretched out her legs, not crossing her ankles like normal, or even trying to hide the scars on her ankles.

"It is lovely. It was so hard to see the sky in some cities. I hated it there." She scrunched her nose, still smelling the smog and opened her eyes. The air most certainly smelled cleaner here, though not as pure as it did in the woods. She looked up at the moon, remembering all the times she'd lay in a meadow and soak in the moon just wearing her unmentionables. "I think I want my farm near a meadow...is there one around here?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Kev continued watching the sky in admiration, although he turned to look at Leslie while she spoke...only to see that she was glowing. He blinked at her, concerned and cnfused.

"I've never been to the city before, at least no cities other than this one...and there's a meadow somewhere in the forest I think! Also um Leslie.....why are you glowing? Did you step in something and get contaminated? Oh TULSIT I hope it's not radioactive...." he rambled a bit, instantly inspecting the ground to see if there were any puddles of radioactive waste, and noticed the scars on her ankles. "Oh wow that looks painful! How did that happen? OH TULSIT THE RADIATION IS WORKING ALREADY. WE NEED TO GET YOU TO SALLI OR MADOS." He said grabbing her up bridal style again and ready to run her to the hospital.

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:48 am