Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: It's About Darn Time!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:43 am

Jo followed, gripping Zurg's hand tightly, looking around her in awe. The walls themselves glimmered with strange, alien writing--definitely Zurg's mother tongue. But Zurg kept walking, so Jo still followed, and once they reached their destination her jaw dropped open and she pulled her goggles down to get a better look.

The chamber around them was vast, and small pylons floated in the aura. She kept close to Zurg, but released him when he began to type in commands on a holographic keyboard of sorts full of strange symbols. She couldn't possibly know what they meant, but Zurg did, and since he located the problem, he pressed a button causing everything went dark and Jo to jump slightly and grab his arm.

And then there was a brilliant flash of light, so bright that all she could do was screw her eyes shut and grip Zurg's arm tighter. Once the glow lessened slightly, she opened one eye just in time to see the ball of light contained by the pylons and the world turned blue.

"A star....?" she breathed, looking up at Zurg, surprised to see how different his eyes looked in this light. "You harnessed a.... a star for your generator?"

But then again, it made sense. He did the same for the generator she had asked Doom to make for them when they had first tried attacking Hanna. Since Zurg could harness stars, it was only logical that he would harness them for personal use, as well.

"Heliomancy?" she asked. "Is that what it's called?"

She was still gripping his arm, and tightly at that, but she was curious and eager to find out more. She liked knowing more about Zurg's culture, and though he'd often joke about this or that being a dying art, she wanted to know more.... and maybe kind of let him know in the process that it didn't have to be a dying art if he passed it on to others.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:49 am

"Yes, a star. What, you think that's a giant light bulb?" Zurg just rolled his eyes playfully and went back to checking the calibrations before leaving the station. Everything seemed good and the systems were up and running as they should. Yes, their work was done here! "Come on, Jo! While we've only fixed one thing today, we've still got lots more to go!"

He placed an arm around her and lead her off, back to the rickety elevator she probably loathed with the force of a--no pun intended--thousand suns.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:52 am

Jo grinned and pulled her goggles back on. "Lead the way, then! After this, I can probably say I'm ready for anything!"

You couldn't top an actual star now, could you?
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:09 am

That's the spirit, Jo!

They went through all the proper channels. Back up the rickety service shaft to the facility itself, back to the tram and taking it all the way to the closest maintenance bay, and from there they took a section elevator and went straight up the first level; the ground level. Finally, the ground level of what was actually Planet Z! Wow, that took forever. This RPer would normally flesh out with great detail, but just look at the time!

"Ahhh, finally. No more maintenance work hopefully!" Zurg clapped once happily, stretching his back and swinging the hard hat away without a care like a frisbee. "Wow, I'm tired. Are you tired? Cosmos, I want to take a nap... what time is it?"

A grub popped out from nowhere and answered. "It is time for evil, your evilness!"

"Ahhh, time for evil. Excellent! Jo! Are you up for some evil?" He asked, throwing the safety goggles and apron away for a grub to take. She should still keep hers on, seeing as she wasn't wearing proper dress code. "What's on the itinerary today, my stinky little grub?"

"Well..." The grub took out a datapad and cleared its throat, reciting. "You have weapons testing with the brain pods at 1100, evil budget planning with the Financial Board at 1230, evil scheming saved for 1300, torturing of the prisoners at 1330, and finally you have nap time at 1500."

Zurg seemed crestfallen at the news of nap time, and he only scowled something fierce. "Why is nap time always so far away!? No! Blah, blah, and blah! I want to do something fun today! I have a guest over, so let's do something fun!" The Evil Emperor didn't wait for the grub to respond again and he shook the poor thing like mad. "What's fun around here!? Tell me or so help the Cosmos I'll put you on the evil bowling list!" He ended in a snort, his eyes glowing.

"Eeegh, eeegh!" The grub held up its hands with a whimper and tried to think of something on the spot. "Y-You could try to steal Lightyear's newspaper again~?"

"Hmph, noooo, I already did that... WHAT ELSE!?"

Another shake, another whimper. "W-What about..." The grub briefly flickered its grubby, opaque eyes over to Jo as if it were pleading for help.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:43 am

It took them a while to go all the way back, at least half an hour (maybe even more), so it was with some relief that they came up to the ground floor. "Just a little," she admitted, pulling off her safety goggles. Hey, she wouldn't be needing them anymore, right? And besides, she wanted to get a better look at things!

She was about to take off the rest of her clothes, but put her helmet back on at the look Zurg gave her. She sighed, resigned to be stuck wearing these clothes for the rest of the day. He was such a worrywart sometimes.

"Sure, I'm up for some evil!" She stuffed her gloved hands into the apron's huge pockets and listened as the grub listed off Zurg's schedule. It sounded pretty dull and Zurg probably thought the same thing when he grabbed the grub and shook it for answers.

Poor thing! It looked absolutely terrified as it turned its eyes upon her for help.

"How about a prank on Portal Breach?" she suggested, off the top of her head. "Like stink bombs! Drop one on the sanctuary and have it reek of poots for weeks." Which would probably make her avoid it during that time period, but it would be a fun prank to pull.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:22 am

"Stink.... bomb?"

Both Zurg and the grub blinked at Jo, with the Evil Emperor looking back in confusion at the insectroid. It only shrugged and tried its best to smile. "We do have a surplus of phosgene gas?"

......What?

"Jo, I don't think dropping bombs on Portal Breach would be good for my PR points. Remember what we talked about..." He began sternly. "We can't be doing little pranks and call it evil!"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 am

"Okay, okay, I get it. Pranks aren't good for PR points," she mumbled, stuffing her hands deeper into her pockets. It wasn't her fault all they had was for warfare!

"Then what evil thing do you want to do that's good for PR points?" she asked. "I don't think any evil deeds give you good PR points anyway...."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:33 am

True, true. What evil deed could help his already negative PR points? Hmm.

The Evil Emperor dropped the grub if only to think, a pensive finger rubbing his lower lip as he tried to muster up an ingeniously evil deed that even his Nana would love. Bless you, Nana. Could he infect PB with a vir--no, that's already happened. Oh! He could build a giant rob--nah, that had already happened, too! Say, he could try to make a bom--Cosmos, that backfired right in his face. He shivered upon recollecting Hanna and was at a complete, crestfallen loss.

"Awwww, I can't think of anything...." Zurg confessed, appearing saddened. "I feel very lame right now!"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:43 am

And Jo took this as her cue to step in. She patted Zurg's arm comfortingly. "Chin up, Zurg. And don't comment on that expression. We can always think up of something else to do. What was on the schedule?"

She looked over the grub's shoulder to read off the clipboard. "Ah, weapons testing! We could always do that! Unless you want to keep showing me around. I'd like that too."

Essentially, Jo wouldn't mind doing anything as long as she was doing it with Zurg, but it wasn't like she was actually going to say that out loud. Kev had eyes and ears everywhere.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:48 am

"...." Jo cut him to the quick, and Zurg let his sentence hang. Darn her for knowing he would comment on the chin comment! Straightening himself out he grunted and assumed an air of confidence, keeping the air alive so his staff didn't question anything or his supreme authority. "Alright, fine. Weapons testing it is."

Another gun, another boom.

"Follow me, then. We can't be late! Punctuality is key!" The Evil Emperor stated proudly, already gliding down the many, confusing corridors of Planet Z. And while he was ahead, the grub kept close to Jo and tugged on her pant leg.

"So, you here to schlep our laundry?" It asked innocently.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:50 am

Jo smiled and followed after Zurg, glad she'd helped perk him up a bit, when she felt a tug on her pant leg.

She looked down at the grub, then smiled, shaking her head. "No, no, I'm just visiting. My name's Jo. What's yours?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:53 am

"Huh?" The grub was taken aback by the stranger's smiling and forwardness, the minion rubbing its little grubby chin, perplexed. "We don't have names. I'm Grub-045. And visiting? Why are you visiting? This place isn't on any galactic maps or starcharts." Why would someone come down here willingly?

She must be here to schlep something. Had to be.

Zurg, in the meanwhile, heard the conversation loud and clear and just rolled his eyes to the ceiling. He would let it continue, seeing as how Jo was probably questioning his treatment of peons. Oh, well. They would approach a section elevator soon enough and hop on along to Level-05; weapons testing.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:00 am

"You don't have individual names? How do you tell each other apart?" Jo was surprised at that. She supposed it must've been a bug-related thing, but how did they address each other if their names were just numbers? That was pretty impersonal. She wondered if they'd always done that or if it was something they only assumed when they entered Zurg's employment.

"I'm here to visit Zurg and see how he lives," she then replied to the grub's latter question. "And I'm curious to see how he runs things around here. It's not everyday you meet an evil tyrant, after all!" she laughed.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:05 am

"Why would we need names?" The grub squeaked, keeping its arms tucked close as it continued to hunch on along, happily trailing its master. "We tell each other apart with our antennas." It wiggled them to show and then bluntly added. "You humans are quite stinky."

"Well, that much is true." The Evil Emperor agreed.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:07 am

It was a bug thing, after all. She knew it. "I showered before coming...." she mumbled, shooting a look at Zurg's back momentarily.

She paused, just following them in silence, but couldn't help but ask, "So how do I smell like right now?"

She looked at both the grub, and at Zurg's back, implying that the question was directed to them both.

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 am