Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: It's About Darn Time!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:03 am

Jo nodded and jumped onto the counter, crossing her legs and watching Proxy work. She watched on in approval. Yes, Proxy was learning fast! She was so proud that he remembered and used all the tips and tricks she had taught him.

It wasn't too long before Proxy had finished repairing the man's watch. "There you go, sir. That will be 75.00 credits."

"75?!" the man spluttered. "You're ripping me off, you hunk of scrap metal! It doesn't cost that much to repair a watch!"

Proxy's single eye blinked, then focused on Jo. She said nothing, but nodded imperceptibly. Proxy's eye blinked once more before turning back to the man.

"Actually, it is a very reasonable price," the robot countered. "Your watch is not even digital, as is common in this locale's era. It is quartz. Such an ancient model would normal cost you at least two to five hundred to repair under normal circumstances. I believe our prices are more than fair."

The man opened his mouth angrily to say more, but glanced back at Jo and Zurg, then huffed loudly. "Fine, whatever," he griped, rifling through his wallet and slamming the money on the counter. He grabbed his watch and left, huffing and muttering under his breath all the while.

Jo half-shrugged and jumped down from the counter. "Never mind him, Proxy." She patted the robot's arm fondly. "You did good. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, Creator-Josephine," Proxy whirred. "I am pleased you think I did well in this situation, given the circumstances."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:05 am

Zurg watched the belligerent transaction unfold, and he placed a hand slyly upon his blaster in case anything went down. Thankfully the man thought better, however, and the Evil Emperor watched him storm off angrily.

"Are your customers normally like that...?" He asked, relaxing as he turned to eye both Jo and Proxy. "You should really invest in security if that's the case. I doubt things would have turned for the better if we weren't here for you, Proxy."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:24 am

Jo laughed and slapped Proxy's arm. "Did you hear that, Proxy?! He thinks we need security!" She continued to snicker and chortle for a few more seconds. "No, Zurg! This is Proxy we're talking about! He's the security!"

Proxy nodded. "I have dealt with such troublesome customers before. It is of no real consequence."

"You see, Zurg? Everything's fine!" Of course, she didn't have Proxy before Portal Breach, and she couldn't afford security for her first shop. She'd used other methods to deal with pesky customers back then.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:49 am

Zurg just listened to Jo laugh at his suggestion of beefing up her shop, and the Evil Emperor tried his best not to frown or arch a ridge. "....Right, right. I forgot Proxy can handle himself." Blasted robot tournament long ago. Blast it! Still, some turrets would do the place a little good.

"Well, I guess you're in good, safe hands then, Jo. I'll be off~! Don't work too hard, you hear? I have no more coupons for those heating pads!"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 am

Jo chuckled again. "Alright, then. And you don't need to keep buying me heating pads, though they're very much appreciated."

She stood on her tiptoes and gave him a warm hug and a kiss on the nose. "Don't work too hard, either. Sleep is important. Stay safe!"

"Have a pleasant day, Zurg-Emperor," Proxy chipped in, by now too tired to even comment on how affectionate the two were.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:26 am

"Hmhmh~!" Jo's contact got him all tickled inside, and the Evil Emperor returned the hug as well as giving her a brief nuzzle, sniffing her hair. Ahhh, Rhizomian peace lilies. He'll never grow tired of the smell. "I promise I'll sleep, yes, yes. And, hey..." Zurg pulled away a bit. "I'm sorry for the skydiving. I didn't mean to scare you like that, and I hope you had a wonderful tour of Planet Z. Maybe you can tell Proxy all about our evil adventures, hm? That'd be a riot!" He winked to the robot antagonistically.

He finally let her go and fixed her hair before turning for the door. "Take care, you two! I hear there are monsters sprouting about, so don't leave unarmed! Call me if you need anything, alright? Later!"

Ah, today was a great day indeed.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:05 am

Jo giggled, trying not to squirm too much because Zurg's sniffing was rather ticklish. "Oh, it's okay. I've already forgotten about it. Besides, you'd never let anything happen to me, right?" she grinned, tapping his lower lip. "And who knows? Next time, I might even enjoy it!"

Proxy, on the other hand, would scowl if he could. All this lovey-dovey and cuddly-wuddly and adventure-wenture stuff was starting to take its toll on his circuits. "We will take great care with the monsters, Zurg-Emperor."

"Bye, Zurg! See you later~!" Jo smiled, waving, closing the door behind him.

Today had been a great day indeed!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:26 am