Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

Just a Little Play-Date~! ((Tag: Foxy Proxy))

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Just a Little Play-Date~! ((Tag: Foxy Proxy))

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:44 am

The laughter was more unnerving than the sudden ferocity that Zurg had previously exhibited, and the silence that followed even more so. Proxy's red eye turned blue again when he was released and slid down to the floor, and he eyed the Evil Emperor with a mix of confusion and curiosity.

"...You are an enigma, Zurg-Emperor," Proxy said slowly, rotating his shoulders to see if any lasting damage had been done. Either that or Proxy still had much to learn about organics. "I do not know what to think of you anymore..."

And the feeling of uncertainty was enhanced when Zurg picked the book up and showed it to him, asking him whether he thought he was as easy to read. "...No," he replied, his tone more subdued than before--even a little ashamed.

Zurg was a curious individual. Proxy's previous theory about the Evil Emperor's personality being multi-faceted was shining truer than ever now. But perhaps the real enigma was which facet was the true one... Jo seemed to think she had found the true facet, judging by the way she talked about Zurg. But was it the true facet or merely just a mask? Was this all just a cleverly thought-out plan? To seem more sympathetic? The Evil Emperor seemed honest now, but Proxy couldn't be sure anymore.

Ever since installing that blasted personality chip, Proxy had been unsure about a lot of things, and this was definitely climbing the list of confusing matters tenfold. He sometimes missed his blissful ignorance. But he felt like he had been blind, deprived of his senses in that state. Now, he was understanding more, seeing more, experiencing more, along with being more confused. But he could bear the confusion for these wondrous feelings, most of the times...

Although now was not one of them.

"...I see. I should... 'get to know you better' before I pass judgment on you," he finally said, whirring softly as he traced his fingers along one of the book spines and pulled out another book. The title Psychology of Love was printed in bold letters on the cover. It seemed like the cosmos was mocking him. But that was what Jo wanted them to do on this outing, right? Spend time with each other and.... learn.

"My home is with Creator-Josephine.... but we occupy the same space so..... I am pushing you away? You are pushing me away......?" It was as if Proxy was trying to puzzle this out now, to explain it not only to Zurg, but to himself. "....What do you call home?" he asked, timid and unsure as he clutched the book to his chest.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 am

"Weeeeeell, it seems you're not as dense as the metal you're made of. How nice~!"

What Proxy had surmised was true. Zurg, himself, knew he was as confusing as a moozle going backwards on Capital Planet eating nothing but fries in the winter. And if that wasn't confusing he didn't know what was. So, with a small smile and huff, the Evil Emperor took the book out of Proxy's confused hands and flipped it within his to see the title.

"Ah, the aptly named Psychology of Love. Ahhh, how the universe shines upon us with humour~!" His smile faltered a tad as Proxy asked what he thought home was, and the Evil Emperor gave a carefree shrug, shelving the book before thinking of a proper reply.

"Home is whatever I choose to make it." He answered casually, bending down here and there to pick up the books that had fallen due to their rambunctious rough-horsing. "It can be here, on this planet; back on Planet Z; even out in the cold reaches of space, if I wanted." Zurg listed, putting the books back one by one. But...none of those were really home, were they? And this was perhaps what Proxy meant. So Zurg turned around slowly, tapping a tooth before that same smile creased his face.

"Well, that's simple, my dear Proxy!" He laughed, shooting out his arms and walking down the aisle most flamboyantly, even putting a small bounce to his step as he admired all the titles and the wafting smell of old, musty bindings. "We share the same home! While it may not be a physical, tangible place, we do. Oh, yes...we do. And, seeing as if it isn't a tangible place, then two mix-matching books such as ourselves can occupy it since it very well may be an abstract concept reachable only within our minds! All we have to do is just accept the other as a neighbour, that's all. Mmm, miraculously fourth-dimensional..."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Proxy bent down on all fours and started picking up the scattered books as well, watching and listening to the Evil Emperor. He really was an enigmatic sort... from toying with him to playing with his 'mind', to apologizing and trying to find common ground... very enigmatic indeed.

"...I do not think having a neighbor is a necessarily bad thing," he attempted, putting the last books back in place. "We will share... different spaces, after all. I as a companion and you as a......" He floundered around momentarily, then tapped his fingers upon a shelf. "I am not sure what the proper term here is..." he confessed.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:52 pm

"Ah, does it need a title?"

The Evil Emperor halted in his gay step, and spun around upon his heels with a small, small chuckle. "Well! Now that we got that milestone out of the way, I'm going to do what I should have done long ago."

He extended his hand in greeting at the robot, still smiling that enigmatic grin.

"I'm Zurg, Evil Emperor; but it's just a title."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:15 pm

"...Perhaps it doesn't," he agreed, coming to a stop behind Zurg when he stopped too.

He robot looked down at the hand, unsure. He understood the concept of the gesture, but he had never actually shook hands with anyone before. His single eye winked a few times before he tentatively reached out to grasp his steeled hand with large, cumbersome fingers.

"My name is Proxy and I hide behind seven million of them," he said, attempting a joke and wondering if it would work.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:21 pm

"Oh, careful, there~! People may get the wrong impression about you..." But the Evil Emperor shook the robot's lumbering hand regardless, and with enthusiasm. In retrospect, he found the notion entirely ironic. A year ago, he would have retched at the idea of touch. Can you imagine that? Zurg couldn't anymore!

After a good, hearty shake he released the robot's hand and started to walk down the aisle again, hands clasped behind his back as he continued to soak in the environment. Funny, this was the second time he had been in a library of this stature. He had to say...the architecture was rather fetching.

"Now that we know our names, let's discuss the next important thing! Likes and dislikes~!" He cheered in near singsong, glancing over at the robot. "I like to, believe it or not, knit, cook, watch soap operas, read the comics, gossip, and all around do evil bad things~! This includes stirring the pot, manipulating people, ruining economies, and blowing up planets; all that good, dandy stuff. What about you? Got any likes and dislikes; besides myself, that is." He ended in a slight chortle.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:35 pm

It had somewhat worked, with another joke directed back at him that he didn't entirely understand, but he let it slide as he drew back his hand, flexing his fingers somewhat. How curious, these handshakes were... Nevertheless, he followed the Evil Emperor down the aisle with smooth, almost silent steps despite his large size and weight.

"...What an intriguing selection of likes and dislikes," the robot commented almost dryly as they came out into the main hall again. He looked around, wondering what section to browse next. He had been meaning to read up on djinn again, having abandoned it when he'd encountered Kev here a few days ago. It might be an easier matter to tackle, now that he had been presented with the far more puzzling matter that was Zurg himself.

"I like reading," he said hesitantly, wondering just what his likes and dislikes were. "Helping Creator-Josephine with her work. Meeting new people and learning about new things...." He wasn't quite sure what else to say. "I do not have many dislikes... perhaps Tony Stark when he is drunk, and organic habits that are best left unsaid," he finally concluded.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:39 pm

"Oh, a robot of knowledge, eh? Fits the stereotype quite well, but I'm more interested in your last bit; the bit about...organic tendencies." Yes, Zurg was a nosy one, alright, despite not having any visible noses to speak of. With a proud snerk, the Evil Emperor left the confines of the aisle and paused in the middle of the thorough-way, wondering what else to browse.

"You know what organic habit I find utterly distasteful?" He asked, finally going down a random tangent without heed or care. "When people chew with their mouths open. Augh..." Zurg shivered, his eyes briefly rolling back into their sockets. "The sounds of smacking and snapping....! I cannot staaaaand. But enough of about me! What tendencies bother you?"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Proxy hadn't thought that chewing with one's mouth open was that rude, but then again he hadn't been around anybody besides Jo when she ate, and he didn't mind her less-than-sanitary tendencies. But Zurg's curiosity did raise another issue, one the robot wasn't sure he wanted to address as of yet.

"Carnal tendencies," he replied, rather clipped. "I find them abhorrent." His single eye focused upon Zurg, who was still limping,, before turning down one corridor, refocusing his attention on the rows of books. "Don't you?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:56 pm

"Ahaha...hah...ha....Lots of brass, just like your creator~!" Of course Zurg put on his best face when the robot went straight for the kicker, and he returned the favour. "I, too, find them a tad much...in public." The Evil Emperor added with a small gesture, acting like it was just petty talk.

"That said, what a couple does in private is really nothing of my concern. Don't you agree?"

Two could play this game.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:06 pm

"I concur, Zurg-Emperor," Proxy said, pulling down a book from the shelf about eastern mythologies--Earth-oriented.

He turned back to the Evil Emperor. "But then again, judging by the way you worded that, you do not mind such carnal tendencies in private?" He flipped the book open and scanned the contents. Spotting something djinn-related, he closed the book and held onto it, looking up at the shelves for more titles.

"...How did you say you injured yourself again?" he asked innocently.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Oh...Oh, that robot....

"Presuming I do have such...earthly delights, I would say that I wouldn't mind doing them in private, but since I don't..." He suddenly plucked a book, one regarding to mystical creatures related to the same Earthen region Proxy was interested in, and forced it into the robot's chest firmly. "I can't be at liberty to say if I would enjoy them or not."

Stick that in your exhaust pipe and smoke it.

And, of course, Proxy was just filled with questions, to which Zurg was always so courteous to answer.

"Workout exercises." The Evil Emperor stated matter-of-factly. "I don't have this good shape for nothing, you know! I spent a good while doing agonizing, gut-wrenching body sculpting regimens, and on top of that, I had a very restless sleep. The heat does that to me. Does that help answer your question?"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:18 pm

"Indubitably," Proxy agreed, and if he had a mouth he would be grinning widely by now.

He took the book from him and flipped through the contents, adding that to his pile as he kept searching. The section he had read the other day had mentioned something about a Lucifer too... that was from an Earth western religion, if he was not mistaken.

"Exercises in the middle of the night?" he asked, still retaining that innocent-sounding tone as he walked down the aisle. "My, no wonder you could not sleep from the heat. Perhaps you ought to try less strenuous methods of getting to sleep besides such rigorous and exhausting exercises..."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:24 pm

"Ohohoho, you dog." Very funny, Proxy, very funny....

Well, Zurg wasn't going to give the robot any satisfaction. In fact, he was going to continue to be a good sport about it. And seeing as he noticed how the robot was seemingly interested in smokeless fire and wishes, he decided to look around himself and find more old, weathered books to offer.

"But, like the saying goes~!" He wagged a finger playfully before the robot's lone eye. "No pain, no gain. And believe me, I like a lot of pain."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:30 pm

"Yes, I am quite loyal," he said without pausing in his search, reaching a dustier area of the aisle.

"And I do not doubt that, Zurg-Emperor," Proxy admitted grudgingly, determined not to let his anger get the best of him again. "After all, you strike me as an individual who finds great pleasure in pain," he added smugly, taking down another book.

"Perhaps you ought to indulge in some loyalty yourself," he suggested, putting the book back on the shelf. "Isn't that how dogs are supposed to be like?"

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:42 am