Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Once More, With Feeling!

Post by Zurg on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:56 am

"Hahah! You missed!" But Zurg wasn't one to talk. He was clearly bushed, himself! He rolled onto his knees and picked up a heavy weight, wearily dragging it up and letting it drop onto Jo's abdomen without a care.

Ohhhhh, the naughty jokes someone could say right now....Good thing Kev wasn't here!

Last edited by Evil Emperor Zurg on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:56 am

The member 'Evil Emperor Zurg' has done the following action : Dices Roll

#1 'Level 1 to 9 Dice' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:59 am

"Craters...!" Jo hissed weakly, gripping at her stomach as she kicked Zurg in the side.

(( 15/100 ))
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:59 am

The member 'Jo Pistonne' has done the following action : Dices Roll

#1 'Level 1 to 9 Dice' : 10

--------------------------------

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:01 am

Aaaaaaaaaaand, that was all Jo had to do to get Zurg close enough to blow cookies. He groaned, and rolled onto his back, defeated and he just laid there, sprawled out and panting.

"Good...Good work, Jo...You...You're gonna do A-OK in that suicide....thing. Yeah...." He wheezed, eyes closed and body as sore as ever. Uuuuugh, that was twice he lost to Jo, now! TWICE! Ohhhhh, the humility!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:04 am

Jo finally let the bar drop from her hand with a clatter as she collapsed, breathing heavily. She'd only intended to fall to her knees, too, but she was so exhausted that she couldn't even catch herself when she fell forwards and stumbled on top of Zurg.

"Yeah..." she managed to croak. "I'll be fine... tonight.... yeah.... just fine...."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:06 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaand theeeeeeeeeen, she fell on top of him. It wasn't enough that she beat him, so apparently she had to lay on top of him, too, to proclaim her dominance. You know what, he was so tired, he was gonna let it slide. Just this once. Yeah. Yeah....

"That's good...." He breathed, not even moving. How could he? He was sore all over! Freaking Jo! Beating him up like that! Had she no mercy! Wait, no don't answer that, Jo. "I think....I think I can just take a nap here....And you know what? I think I will...."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:32 am

Jo didn't speak at first, still breathing heavily. Then, she lifted her head to look at him. "I hurt you a lot, didn't I? ...I'm sorry," she apologized, touching his face briefly. "I guess I got... carried away." She tried to smile, to show that she was only teasing him, but couldn't manage it.

"...We have to leave tonight," she murmured softly, her hands clenching against his chest. "It's just... so soon," she ended on a weaker note, as if hardly daring to believe it was true. "I kind of wish that... that there'd been more time... you know...?"

She laid her head against his chest. "The timing's terrible..."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:43 am

"I'll say....You hit me in the crotch!" Granted, he hit her back, but that was just honest retaliation! Still, he snorted at the concept of time and how it just so happened to shorten by each day.

"Speaking of time...." Zurg got up a bit to sit, and he cracked his back and shoulders. "I've got a few things for you, like I said. Wait here." He took a few moments to shuffle around within his cape and he soon pulled out two things: one was the chrono-disruptor which he had already promised to give her, and the other was a tiny, little robot. It was white with a blinking blue eye, and it was just so darn cute! Kind of rotund and pudgy near the end.

"Here." He stated, handing these things to her. "The chrono-disruptor and an Ant, just like I said. You already have the resurrection ring."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:10 am

She also sat up, ending up just sitting beside him, as he handed over the chrono-disruptor--the curious mechanism that could stop time--and the ant--that could warn her of upcoming enemies and provide a temporary shield only for a few shots at a time. And the resurrection ring--the ring he'd bought off of Swindle for his own protection and had given to her when Portal-G had first chosen to take her on this suicide mission--was safe in her bag too. She even had this armor now, so form-fitting and seamless, she'd be able to wear it under G's armor--which was also in her bag, along with the plasma blaster--with ease.

Zurg had been so careful, so considerate, to provide her with all of these things, in hopes that she would be well-prepared and survive this mission... she could never repay him properly for everything he'd done for her. These objects, coupled with all the training and effort she'd put into getting stronger, would surely be enough for her to make it back alive... right?

"Thank you..." was all Jo managed to say, as she got to her feet and carefully placed the items in a side pocket on her bag for safe keeping. She pressed the symbol on the belt, causing the armor to melt and collapse upon itself, becoming a simple glimmering belt again, and placed that into her bag as well. Then, she began to gather her weapons, picking up the bloodied knives--stained both red and silver--and her blaster, also putting them back into her bag--she'd clean her knives later.

She paused then, hunched over her things, as if in deep thought, her back still towards him. "Zurg...?" she said slowly, turning back to him, something in her hand. "Could you... hold on to this for me?" she asked, kneeling back down beside him and carefully placing something in his hands.

It was her totem, a faint glimmering blue aura surrounding it. She closed her hands over it, swallowing. "I can't take it with me... not after what X did to it, securing it to this Gamma only..." She looked up at him, then looked away.

"Please keep it safe for me, until I get back." She tried to smile up at him. "I promised you I'd come back, after all!" she said, her voice cracking slightly. "I promise..."

Last edited by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:39 am

"Yes?"

She seemed so nervous...Normally, he would ignore her anxiety and try to keep a straight face like in the sanctuary, but lately all her stress had been rubbing off him and the Evil Emperor tightened his scowl into a concerned frown; fidgeting in place as she came back over to kneel at his side. And it only worsened when she handed him her totem, his fingers rotating the wooden thing to its smile instead of its frown as he looked down upon it balefully.

"........Of course I'll hang onto your totem." He responded weakly, wrapping his hands around hers, enclosing the totem within. Ohhh, separation anxiety. Not something he liked to deal with, that's for sure. He was a strong character; maybe terribly immature and erratic at times, but he was strong, nonetheless. And yet...no matter how many times he had ran scenarios within his mind and prepared Jo for the best, he always kept on expecting the worst. Always. He was worried. Truly worried, and he couldn't cover it up all the time like he did in the sanctuary. The eve of battle was here, and....and......

"You'll come back, you will." He cleared his throat, with a confident nod and scowl to show his immense displeasure at all that was happening. "And if you don't, well....I'll scour these little gammas for a way, you can best make sure of that. If I can create black holes, warp entire planets into pocket dimensions, and make children afraid to eat their vegetables I can find a way to bring you back. I can, and I will. That is my promise."

And he had the attention span to do it, too.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:58 am

"And you'd better keep that promise!" she said with a large smile, but her voice faltered despite all the strength she tried to portray.

She chewed on her lower lip, wringing her hands together, then did what she'd wanted to do all along and hugged him tightly, pressing her face into the crook of his neck and inhaling his scent, hoping that his sheer presence would be able to fill her with enough strength to not burst into tears in front of him.

She hadn't been able to sleep well the past few nights, and the fact that the mission was going to take place tonight hadn't helped her anxiety in the slightest. She knew she was well-prepared--out of everyone going, she was perhaps the one who'd put the most effort into becoming stronger to survive--but that didn't mean that she'd definitely come back. One misplaced bullet, one wrong dodge--she could still slip-up if she wasn't careful.

"I'm sorry, I'm probably just being silly," she managed, chuckling weakly as she drew back from him and stood up. "Everything will be fine, right? I couldn't be better prepared! And I have everyone's support! Well, maybe not Dani's and Drakken's, but you know what I mean!"

Jo's fake preppy voice was even making her more unsettled than comforted, so she just cleared her throat as she zipped her bag shut and draped it over her shoulder. "Anyway, the fight's not for hours. Will I see you again in the sanctuary bef--?"

But at that moment her body--yes, body--flickered, as if she were some pixelized creation on a screen, stopping her in mid-sentence and freezing her movements. Her body pulsed once more, shimmering blue, then vanished in a wink of an eye and a brilliant myriad of pixels that fell to the ground like dust...
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:28 am

Her hug came at a surprise, but it was a welcome surprise. And for once, he took the initiative to hug her back, sniffing her hair in a similar gesture and looking worse off than her!

"I don't want you to go..." He mumbled, not quite proficient at whispering and keeping his voice low. "If I could, I would take your stead, but that would just leave us in the reverse role, wouldn't it..." Although Zurg did take comfort that he was much more suited for combat and survival than she was. All these crash courses had no doubt left her body fatigued, worn out; that state was never good for a mission so soon! G did this just to spite him, knew it. But the fact that he was powerless in all this was the real nail in his coffin, and the Evil Emperor only hugged her tighter. This was all too soon....

With a sigh, he let her go when she rose, and accepted that things had to move on. They could only go forward now, all of them. This mission had to be completed before all else, and until then, nothing would be the same.

"You're not being silly." He remarked, getting up as well and fixing any wrinkles he found on his attire. Hey, was that a hole!? Why wasn't her blaster set to stun! Ohhhhhh, never mind that now! Confound it all...

"And let them turn their backs to you!" Zurg snorted as he looked back up, throwing a hand into the air with regards to Masters and Drakken. "Sonia and her horde will watch over you, and Lightyear's there, too! I've pulled all the strings I could, so if two people don't have your backs, then that's their loss and your gain. You've got technology, training, brains, and most importantly, a drive to increase your chances of success. So long as you keep that resolve, you'll go far and soon, when you least expect it, you'll be back here, on Portal Breach, laughing and crying about the crazy antics you had in that forsaken Gamma-O."

What Zurg didn't say was that he'd be crying--in his own way--when she'd come back, but that was his little secret to bear and to bear alone.

He watched her zip up her bag and take on a peppy attitude, hearing the strain in her voice and not on her face. This was probably the last few moments they had together, and they knew this...This was it. This was truly it.

"Jo, before you go, I want to tell you somethi--" But the Evil Emperor didn't get to finish as Jo, for some odd reason, began to flicker and in a few seconds time, she was gone. Entirely gone. Not a trace. Not a piece left. Gone.

"What is this vile sorcery!?" Zurg barked, fanning a hand madly where she once stood. There was nothing here! Just pure, infuriating air! He watched the pixels flutter to the ground in frustration and confusion, and his eyes soon flared up once it dawned on him just exactly had happened.

This mission had begun.

It had begun and he had failed to say a final goodbye!

"AAAAARGH!" With a frightful, enraged snarl the Evil Emperor bent down to pick up a weighted benching bar and chucked it at the nearest wall he could find, the hundred-fifteen pound thing clashing into the wall's mirror and causing it to crack and shatter in a spherical, spidery arc.

"I DIDN'T GET TO SAY GOODBYE!" He howled, furious. Of all the rotten luck! The mission wasn't scheduled until tomorrow night! This was too soon! Much too soon! Who decided to pull the plug and launch things ahead of schedule!? He HATED when things didn't go according to schedule! Ugh, just...uuugh!

There was nothing he could do, however, and the Evil Emperor took control of his temper and let his eyes dim, his scowl as petulant and wide as it was ever going to be. Fine. He didn't get to say goodbye. She'll be back. He can say, "Hi", instead when they all arrived alive and safe. Yes, he'll do that. In the meanwhile, he had to cool off and the only way to do that was to talk.

And head to the sanctuary he did, fuming and shouting ill-worded spats as he walked out the sparring room.

Ohhhhh, what a nasty trick to pull....

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 am