Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: I Didn't Mean It!

Post by Zurg on Wed May 05, 2010 10:59 pm

"Of....Of course I'm sure!" He spat back.

Liar, you hesitated.

Zurg tightened his grip on the girl even more, even going so far as to push her further over the edge, and he quickly snapped his head back to face Red; that cannon still hot and ready to fire. He was sure! HE WAS SURE! He had killed before! Tons of times! Back in the earlier days of his reign! He did! He wasn't a pansy! He was an Evil Emperor! And Evil Emperors had to kill from time to time!

"She deserves it, Red." He growled, teeth expanded into a menacing snarl, portions slowly cracking. "She deserves what she did to me. Don't you dare deny that!"
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Wed May 05, 2010 11:06 pm

“What does she deserve, Zurg?” he asked in an uncharacteristically gentle voice, taking one step forwards. “What did she do to you? Call you names? Accuse you of something or other? How different is that from the way everyone else here has treated you? How everyone treated you even before the Breach.”

He took another hesitant step, now just a few metres away from him. “Just this morning, we were talking about how you’re not evil, remember? About how you don’t kill without reason,” he reminded him. “Remember that?”
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed May 05, 2010 11:10 pm

"Yeah, I remember..." The Evil Emperor growled. He had seen Red take a step, and even though he had said he was going to drop the girl....he didn't. He wasn't evil! No, yes he was! He was an Evil Emperor! It was even in his title! He was going to drop the girl!

He was going to!

A finger peeled off her neck, and then another; three digits left around her neck.

"I'm warning you, Red..." Zurg seethed, his pupils narrowing sharply. "I will do it. I swear to whatever god you believe in I will!"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed May 05, 2010 11:17 pm

Jo gasped, her grip on Zurg's wrist tightening desperately when she felt two of his fingers lift from her neck. She could breathe just a little easier now, but she knew that if he released any more she would surely fall to her death.

She wasn't sure what was happening right now, whether Red was getting through to Zurg at all, but she hoped that something would come out of all this. And, well, not dying would definitely be something to look forwards to.
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Wed May 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Zurg was confused, his perception distorted, and Hellboy just didn’t know how to bring him back to his senses. But he had to try. He had to remind him about who he was again. Not an Evil Emperor, not a lone survivor, not someone who had hopelessly fallen prey to his naivety... nothing else except who he was. Nothing else...

Nothing.

Wait.

“You will not drop her,” Hellboy said strongly, taking another step forwards. “You will not, X’iitamee.”
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed May 05, 2010 11:31 pm

The moment Red said those words, the cannon fell to the ground with a clatter; its owner left aghast and terrified. What...what...What had Red said...?

"No...No. No, no, no, no, no...!" The Evil Emperor repeated with each shake of his head. He backed away, far away from the encroaching demon, backed away towards the corner of the rooftop; his feet momentarily slipping, pieces of brick falling onto the street down below. "There is no X'iitamee! There is just me! Evil Emperor Zurg!" He growled.

But it wasn't a normal growl. It was a real growl, both vocal chords going off at once. He hadn't done this since Doom's dinner party all those months ago at his castle.

He only held the girl's body closer to himself, now, and he threatened her exposed neck with a sharpened talon.

"You will not play mind games with me, demon!" The Evil Emperor rumbled, the air vibrating. "You will not!"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed May 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Okay, Jo didn't quite understand what was going on, but Zurg had dragged her closer to him now, and was poking one of the tips of his claws into her neck in a very uncomfortable manner. He was hot, his body radiating immense quantities of heat, almost as if he were some sort of furnace. She was nervous, she was scared, and she just wanted this ordeal to be over. Oh, and she'd really appreciate it if Zurg didn't stay insane by the end of it, too. She really didn't like this side to him at all.
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Wed May 05, 2010 11:47 pm

Oh, shit, Hellboy thought, seeing Zurg step backwards almost right over the edge. He had to tread carefully here. This was an internal battle, a struggle between Zurg’s two personalities. Hellboy could understand what he was going through right now—he of all people knew what it was like to have something inside of you wanting to come tearing out.

Sometimes it was really creepy, how similar he and Zurg were.

“X’iitamee,” he pleaded. “Just calm down, just calm down. Please.”
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed May 05, 2010 11:58 pm

"My name is not X'iitamee..." Zurg's voice had slowly reverted back to Basic, and it was tolerable now to the ears of his hostage and negotiator. He didn't want to be called X'iitamee, not anymore. He didn't want to be the naive, shy fool who had been tricked by the outsiders! He didn't want to be X'iitamee! And yet...he was happier as X'iitamee. And that's really what he wanted, wasn't it?

Happiness.

And as corny of a cliche as that sounded, it was true. He had come to hate everyone here--everyone. He hated the love-sick couples, Phantom and his new family, Darkmatter and his new start with a bonded, Xenon finding her life, Lightyear finding his girlfriend...Red....enjoying what it meant to have those who loved him continuously. He hated them all for being happy and him miserable! He hated it!

And it was this hate that made him strong--made him who he was. Without hate, he wasn't anyone. He was just some pathetic, abandoned alien loser!

Was it a bit much to say he was a jealous person? Mmm, perhaps not. He had always kept that chip on his shoulder--that chip against the world. And he even kept it here, on PB. He had momentarily lost it when he was happy with his friends; Xenon, Red, even Hanna! But...But they all left him for other things...When he couldn't find something to move onto....They had adapted.

"Doing evil things makes me feel important..." He whispered to himself. "With no Galactic Alliance, no Lightyear, no Star Command...I don't feel important anymore...And...And I want to feel important!" He suddenly shouted, digging a claw into the girl's neck, drawing first blood.

Damn him for feeling so...so...emo! Damn him and damn that Masters girl for telling him it!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu May 06, 2010 12:06 am

Jo's cry of pain was more like a gurgle than anything else, when one of his claws—she thought it might be the thumb—pierced her skin. It felt like an overtly large needle, and she just hated needles. She tried to struggle against his grip, but if she let go of his wrist, she would risk being choked far worse than the way she was bracing herself against his arm—and her left arm was useless.
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Thu May 06, 2010 12:19 am

“You don’t need all that to be important,” Hellboy tried to explain, his troubled eyes darting to Jo’s bleeding neck. “You’re important to your employees, to your friends, to those who care about you... dammit, you’re important to me,” he added, bowing his head slightly in embarrassment.

“And you don’t need to do things to be important. Just... just existing, for our sakes, is important enough.”

And a clichéd as this all sounded to his hears, he knew he was right—he had been thinking about similar subjects a lot the past few months anyway, what with his own explosions every now and then. And he knew, at least in part, how Zurg felt. He could understand the torn emotion, and he could understand how all this emotion just had to come out after being bottled up for so long.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu May 06, 2010 1:06 am

Red had said the magic words: you are important. All his life, Zurg had been raised and told that he was nothing--that everything was nothing. From a people who didn't want him to a galaxy that trained him to think importance meant attention and that attention meant happiness, he didn't know what to do. He had been trained to govern a people that shifted to ruling an empire that moved to handlng a business--not to understand relationships and take time to find pleasure in the small things. And on top of that, he wasn't mentally capable of any of it. People his age were still busy in school and their professions before their demise, and here he was, acting like a grown foreigner. Like a grown man confused and afraid of the world around him, when he was really as naive and childish as he was fifty-three years ago. He had been forced to be mature, and look where it got him.

The talon pressing into Jo's neck retracted, and soon both hands removed themselves from the woman's skin as the Evil Emperor struggled to make up his broken mind.

"Gnnnhhnnnnhn....Ghhhnnnn..." It was hard. It was hard thinking about all this. It even hurt, too, as Zurg tensed and balled his fists, struggling with his emotions. He was messed up, he knew it, but why did the demon have to go and spoil it!? He wanted negative attention! Attention that would fuel his hatred! Instead, the demon gave him a whole entire batch of positive words! Attention Zurg wasn't sure he could handle! He didn't know what positive attention was!

And he sounded so stupid! He was no better than those teenagers back in the Sanctuary! He never acted this way! He was strong, impenetrable! He was a grown man by foreigner standards, and by the Cosmos that made him a grown man! But...why did it hurt so much? Mature people could talk about their feelings openly, and while many here would say he wasn't mature, he could be when he wanted to. Right?

"Ghnnn...gnhnhnnn...Curse you, Red...Curse you...!" Don't cry, don't cry. Don't be yourself! Don't...Don't...A pained look came across his face, and his eyes became wide and his teeth contracted a bit into a small frown. He seemed to be hiccuping as he stared at the one being who really tried to understand him; not Lightyear, not Xenon, not his parents...Red. Red was actually giving him the attention he so desperately wanted all his life. He really wanted to be loved, to be wanted--he wasn't afraid to admit that anymore. In a world where anything could happen, he really wanted to experience what it meant to be happy.

But...he was an Evil Emperor. And Evil Emperors didn't love.

But you know what else? He was also tired of being miserable.

New determination came about him, and he stood up straighter, but he didn't lose that intense stare he gave Red. He kept staring and staring, not once blinking. It seemed he would stay like that forever, until he moved forward. It was a small walk at first, unsure and cautious, but it soon became a stride, and then a run--a full on, confident run--as he bolted for the demon. People would have thought he was crazy--screw them! He didn't need them! As he ran at the demon with that same stuck face, he opened up his arms wide and practically tackled the demon into the biggest, most sincere hug Zurg had ever done in his life. He didn't want to let the demon go--not now, not ever. He didn't want to let go of his friend. He wanted to hold onto this happiness, this...new sensation of importance, devoid of hate and jealousy.

He didn't know what to say--everyone was probably shocked as he was. He didn't even know what he wanted to do now. Zurg just knew that he wanted attention and as he pulled away from the hug, that same blank look upon his face, he finally spoke.

"I have to go."

And go he did. He completely took off with a running start and leaped over the building's side, falling into the darkened street below. By the time anyone would peer over the edge, it would be pointless--he was already gone.

Gone to go off and think.

((Oh. My. Sweet. FLARGNARGLEFGHAR. This was the hardest post I have ever done. THE HARDEST. AND MOST ANGSTY IN MY LIFE. GAAAAAAWD.))
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Thu May 06, 2010 1:33 am

Zurg finally released Jo, his face twisting into a number of expressions as he tried to speak, to properly express himself, but he was unable to find the proper words. He cursed him then, his face contorting, and if Hellboy didn’t know any better, he’d’ve thought that Zurg was about ready to...

The stare he was giving him was a little disconcerting, and Hellboy really didn’t expect Zurg to suddenly run towards him and fling his arms around his neck in what had to be one of the tightest embraces he had ever experienced. But he was glad, all the same, that he had helped Zurg, managing to convince him out of doing something he would have regretted for the remainder of his life. He hugged him back tightly, patting his shoulder reassuringly, before Zurg drew back and told him that he had to go.

“Aw, Zurg, don’t go—” But before Hellboy could finish his phrase, Zurg had already leapt of the building and disappeared. The demon ran to the edge, swallowing hoarsely, but there was no sign of Zurg anywhere.

He wasn’t sure what kind of compromise Zurg had reached with himself, but Hellboy felt that it was the right one. And that was what really mattered. Still, that didn’t mean that they wouldn’t have a long talk after this. After knowing each other for a year—a year!—there was still so much he really didn’t know about the guy. But one thing he knew for sure was that he wouldn’t give up on him.

It was only when he turned to help Jo to her feet did he suddenly realise that his left shoulder was moist.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu May 06, 2010 1:40 am

By now, Jo had finally come round too, rubbing her neck and blinking blearily, her throat still sore after her coughing fit and greedy gulps for air. She tilted her head to look up at Red, then twisted around to look at the ledge where Zurg had just jumped off of, then looked back at Red as he helped her up.

"Y'know," she said hoarsely, leaning on him heavily for support, "I think you guys have serious issues. Maybe you should tone down all the mushy-gushy stuff while you're at it."
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Thu May 06, 2010 1:46 am

Hellboy mock-scowled at her. “It’s this attitude that got you in trouble in the first place, isn’t it?” he muttered, helping her stand erect, minding her injured leg. “No wonder Zurg went ballistic.”

He looked her up and down critically, then just scooped her up in his arms. “Come on, kiddo. Off to the hospital we go.”

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 am